The mystery of sell outs and swathes of empty seats

Craigieboy

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's only one answer, you need to get in deep and really investigate. We'll give you til Christmas, report back then. But keep it quiet til then, we don't want THEM getting wind!

Once i've cleared up the Who killed Princess D i'll get right on it.

Rewards for releasing seats is not the solution. The reward is allowing the ticket to be sold and thusly the club gets extra revenue.

What the club needs to do is to ensure it is easy to give back the seat when not needed. And make sure people are aware giving seats back is an option. I've never seen hearts mention that it's possible.

Simple solution:

Every season ticket holder has a page with fixtures on where at the start of the season they are all ticked. If someone becomes aware they won't make a certain game they just uncheck it. And the seat gets added to the sale pool. Would take literally 2 minutes and negligible extra work for hearts once it's set up.

This is just one solution. No doubt there's loads of better ideas.

Those points for me are the crux of the matter.  Make people aware that they have the option to give up their seat when they cannot attend and make it easy for them to do so.

Once i've cleared up the Who killed Princess D i'll get right on it.

That was Prince Philip, wasn't it? (allegedly)

Oh my god are you for real.

No i don't believe that..Read what i say THEY HAVEN'T BEEN SOLD.....

In the Romanov days I could believe that level of incompetence but find it hard to believe that the current administration would not know which seats are sold, or not.

In the Romanov days I could believe that level of incompetence but find it hard to believe that the current administration would not know which seats are sold, or not.

Punter "Can i buy a 2 tickets for the game today"?

Ticket Office " The computer says no"

Punter "I'm told there are hundreds of seats empty every home game"?

Ticket Office "The computer says no"

Punter "Has your computer went into the stadium to see the hundreds of empty seats during a game"?

Ticket Office "The computer says don't be silly we computers are never wrong"!

End result Nothing changes hundreds of seats remain empty.

Nobody know why. Fans on Jamboskickback come out with many reasons except they have blinkers on regarding the ticket office who can do no wrong.

Dagger Is Back

Punter "Has your computer went into the stadium to see the hundreds of empty seats during a game"?

Nobody know why. Fans on Jamboskickback come out with many reasons except they have blinkers on regarding the ticket office who can do no wrong.

I'm with you. it wouldn't surprise me at all if the systems/processes were knackered.

Seriously mitch, start a dialogue with the club then. Accusing us all of being blinkered isn't going to get you anywhere and won't exactly win you a lot of respect.

Is the bottom of section H not where the young lads had their singing section but now don't attend/boycott or whatever?

Mitch's anxiety is making me wonder if I should be more concerned about this than I am. Do I think it's an oversight on the part of the club? Nope. If you can see those seats, they can see them too.

Is the bottom of section H not where the young lads had their singing section but now don't attend/boycott or whatever?

Mitch's anxiety is making me wonder if I should be more concerned about this than I am. Do I think it's an oversight on the part of the club? Nope. If you can see those seats, they can see them too.

There's got to be an error somewhere though.

It just can be that near full rows are simply those who don't turn up. The six or seven chunks together at the front of the main stand always gets me. Then you watch sportscene on Sunday and see so many in the Roseburn.

It's got to be raised with the club I reckon. Probably a simple explanation. Hopefully.

I've had a spare seat next to me in N2 for about 4 years. Bit bizarre as nobody has ever occupied it even for cup games.

Now we may be getting to the main problem. Thanks my Jambo pals i do this for Hearts not respect lol.

Who would be the best person to contact regarding this problem of empty seats that are never used ?

Now we may be getting to the main problem. Thanks my Jambo pals i do this for Hearts not respect lol.

Who would be the best person to contact regarding this problem of empty seats that are never used ?

The ticket office :)

Straight to the top champ,we await the result of your endeavours.

Try

• Mark Waterson
  • Ticket and supporter services manager
  • 0333 043 1874 (option 1 then 8)
  • Email: [email protected]

I thought the Loyalty points for NOT turning up would have finished this thread.

Evidently not !

Yes agree, a radical concept. However my point was about generating as much revenue as possible for the Club.

Loyalty to the Club can come in different forms -

Buying away tickets (from which the Club get absolutely no revenue) is one form of loyalty and deserves reward.

Putting your hand into your pocket to buy a ST is another form of loyalty - giving them back to the Club for re-sale maybe also deserves some reward.

Loyalty points for not turning up?

No - loyalty points for buying a ST, then releasing it to the Club for re-sale to generate additional revenue.

Eric Hogg,Operations Director. If able to contact him,Queen Ann would get wind of situation aswell. Trying to find contact details now.

No - loyalty points for buying a ST, then releasing it to the Club for re-sale to generate additional revenue.

Getting loyalty points for not going to a game against Killie in the wind and rain, while those who trudge along to support their team don't get any extra just doesn't sit right with me

We_are_the_Hearts

Getting loyalty points for not going to a game against Killie in the wind and rain, while those who trudge along to support their team don't get any extra just doesn't sit right with me

Nor me either. It's to reward those that follow the team through thick and thin when the big games come up.

Dagger Is Back

Mark W is your man. Let us know how you get on please. I suspect that the seats for those who have been banned have not been released for sale for some strange reason. That doesn't explain some of the other gaps though. I also don't 'trust' our ticketing system and I think it's right that questions are asked. It might be a very simple explanation and then again it might not. As an aside on e tickets there is also a section for Fan Exchange but nothing happens when you click on it.

This is fabulous my Jambo friends let's hope we can get some answers.

Looking forward to seeing the conversation you have with them

Eh? Who suggested that??

Nor me either. It's to reward those that follow the team through thick and thin when the big games come up.

You can't see the wood for the trees here - I have no problem in rewarding fans who follow the team through thick and thin.

The point I am making is that the Club needs to maximise all possible revenue streams.  One revenue source is ST holders releasing their seats for re-sale - to encourage some that don't, I am only suggesting maybe some sort of inducement may aid this.

We_are_the_Hearts

You can't see the wood for the trees here - I have no problem in rewarding fans who follow the team through thick and thin.

The point I am making is that the Club needs to maximise all possible revenue streams.  One revenue source is ST holders releasing their seats for re-sale - to encourage some that don't, I am only suggesting maybe some sort of inducement may aid this.

Voucher maybe but not loyalty points. A scenario could be someone who has supported the team in all weather in every home game missing out on a ticket for a final or big away European tie to someone who went to 4 home games all season.

Voucher maybe but not loyalty points. A scenario could be someone who has supported the team in all weather in every home game missing out on a ticket for a final or big away European tie to someone who went to 4 home games all season.

Fair enough

Winston Ingram

The ins and outs of the loyalty point system make that highly unlikely to happen. 

Applying your logic, it is already unfair that people who pay at cash gates where either only available or they haven't had a chance to buy in advance therefore don't get loyalty points could miss out at expense of others.

In reality, every season ticket holder gets a ticket for a cup final. I don't remember any instance of people not getting to European away games on the basis of a couple of loyalty points. People who are due tickets 99% get them. 

Winston Ingram

Exactly. If the loyalty point incentive is seen as troublesome, I can't see issue with club "refunding" ticket resale value less a certain % less an admin fee. 

We_are_the_Hearts

The ins and outs of the loyalty point system make that highly unlikely to happen. 

Applying your logic, it is already unfair that people who pay at cash gates where either only available or they haven't had a chance to buy in advance therefore don't get loyalty points could miss out at expense of others.

In reality, every season ticket holder gets a ticket for a cup final. I don't remember any instance of people not getting to European away games on the basis of a couple of loyalty points. People who are due tickets 99% get them. 

A lot of people missed out on Liverpool tickets by a few points

Exactly. If the loyalty point incentive is seen as troublesome, I can't see issue with club "refunding" ticket resale value less a certain % less an admin fee. 

I have asked the Club to re-sale my ST seat on 2 or 3 occasions when I was away on holiday. I am happy to do so, without any refund, as the Club gets extra revenue.

The reason I suggested Loyalty Points as a incentive to fans who do not bother (or forget) to inform the Club, was that unlike refunds or shop vouchers it costs the Club nothing.

I do realise that the subject of Loyalty points seems to be pretty precious to some on here.

The point I am making is that the Club needs to maximise all possible revenue streams. One revenue source is ST holders releasing their seats for re-sale - to encourage some that don't, I am only suggesting maybe some sort of inducement may aid this.

I get what you're saying, but what I'm saying is the most loyal people, the ones who deserve to be rewarded with loyalty points, are the ones who turn up week in week out.

Anyway, it would be so easy to take advantage of; buy a kids' seat, give it up every week, BANG! you're ahead of everyone else in the stadium for big game tickets for a low price.

I get the concept of incentivising the scheme but this way doesn't make sense to me.

I get what you're saying, but what I'm saying is the most loyal people, the ones who deserve to be rewarded with loyalty points, are the ones who turn up week in week out.

Anyway, it would be so easy to take advantage of; buy a kids' seat, give it up every week, BANG! you're ahead of everyone else in the stadium for big game tickets for a low price.

I get the concept of incentivising the scheme but this way doesn't make sense to me.

Fair enough

I take issue with that. That appear to say that those who can't go every week are less loyal.

I take issue with that. That appear to say that those who can't go every week are less loyal.

Loyalty points only really come into play when people need to secure tickets for big matches and it makes sense and seems most fair to keep it as attendance-for-attendance. Points for attending means higher likelihood of also being able to attend big matches.

By the definition of loyalty used for the purposes of this scheme, those who go more often are considered more loyal. That's just the way this particular system works.

Generally speaking I think it's probably as fair as it can be.

I certainly think they're less entitled to loyalty points than those who do go every week, and definitely shouldn't be entitled to more.

The only way loyalty points could be used "fairly"(and it's still a shit idea tbh) is as follows:

1) you don't get a lump sum of points for buying a season ticket, but accrue 1 point every home game your ticket is used.

2) if you release your seat you still get your point.

3) if you can't make it and you don't release, nil points for that game.

That way people have an incentive for giving up their seats for re-sale but not gain an advantage over those who do attend every week.

However, I think the loyalty system is fine as it is(despite me missing big games in the past).

Since moving to Skye, there have been seasons I've bought a season ticket, yet only managed 6 or 7 games because of the distance/difficulty in getting to games. If I don't buy a season ticket, then it's almost impossible to buy a match day ticket on spec for Tynecastle due to full-houses, especially for the bigger games. It's a catch 22 for folk like me.

So I spend my money with FoH instead and get to away games at Inverness, Dingwall and Perth, where you can almost always pay on the day.

Francis Albert

I think loyalty  points should be a bit like air miles. You should get a lot more for travelling say 400 miles to a game than a few hundred yards.

Seriously,  the idea that those who financially commit to a full season in advance should potentially get the same as those who leave it till an hour before KO to buy a ticket seems an odd definition of loyalty. (And oh yes I know all these people have to wait for their Friday pay packet before buying a ticket)

kingantti1874

Why not award some Loyalty Points for releasing a ST seat?

I'd say ?3 to5 off the price of next years adult season ticket(depending on where it is) if the seat is resold.. win win

I think loyalty  points should be a bit like air miles. You should get a lot more for travelling say 400 miles to a game than a few hundred yards.

Seriously,  the idea that those who financially commit to a full season in advance should potentially get the same as those who leave it till an hour before KO to buy a ticket seems an odd definition of loyalty. (And oh yes I know all these people have to wait for their Friday pay packet before buying a ticket)

As someone who travels from London every game I struggle to agree with this. We are going to the same place. Where we choose/are forced to live shouldn't make a difference to that.

I do agree about the season ticket comment though.

We_are_the_Hearts

:cornette:

So somebody here on holiday from Australia that takes in a game will have more loyalty points for the season than somebody who attends all 38 SPL games. Good suggestion

Try

• Mark Waterson
  • Ticket and supporter services manager
  • 0333 043 1874 (option 1 then 8)
  • Email: [email protected]

I tried phoning that 0333 number a couple of times and have always found it a bit of a nightmare. It's some sort of out-sourced call centre in England.

:cornette:

So somebody here on holiday from Australia that takes in a game will have more loyalty points for the season than somebody who attends all 38 SPL games. Good suggestion

He clearly means if two people have season tickets, and one lives further away, then the person who lives further away should get more points. 

We_are_the_Hearts

He clearly means if two people have season tickets, and one lives further away, then the person who lives further away should get more points. 

But I'm pointing out how ridiculous it can get. Whatever way people want to dress it up, it is points to reward people who attend and support the team on a regular basis, irrespective of where you travelled from. I don't get a higher salary or any kudos because I travel further to work than the dude who has a flat in the centre of Town! The debates these points have caused are manic.

But I'm pointing out how ridiculous it can get. Whatever way people want to dress it up, it is points to reward people who attend and support the team on a regular basis, irrespective of where you travelled from. I don't get a higher salary or any kudos because I travel further to work than the dude who has a flat in the centre of Town! The debates these points have caused are manic.

But you weren't.

You posted a cornette and attempted to ridicule his point by completely distorting what he said and claiming he said something completely different from what he actually said.

I already pointed out despite being someone who would benefit from his idea (i live in London so do travel the 400+ miles every week he suggests) i think his idea is wrong as we all go to the same place. As you have correctly pointed out with a proper example in your reply to me.

You reply to FA was far more ridiculous than his idea. At least he came up with an idea. You posted a load of nonsense

The only way loyalty points could be used "fairly"(and it's still a shit idea tbh) is as follows:

1) you don't get a lump sum of points for buying a season ticket, but accrue 1 point every home game your ticket is used.

2) if you release your seat you still get your point.

3) if you can't make it and you don't release, nil points for that game.

That way people have an incentive for giving up their seats for re-sale but not gain an advantage over those who do attend every week.

However, I think the loyalty system is fine as it is(despite me missing big games in the past).

Seems fair. Or perhaps an initial 5 points for buying the season ticket in the first place, then points added per game actually attended.

We_are_the_Hearts

But you weren't.

You posted a cornette and attempted to ridicule his point by completely distorting what he said and claiming he said something completely different from what he actually said.

I already pointed out despite being someone who would benefit from his idea (i live in London so do travel the 400+ miles every week he suggests) i think his idea is wrong as we all go to the same place. As you have correctly pointed out with a proper example in your reply to me.

You reply to FA was far more ridiculous than his idea. At least he came up with an idea. You posted a load of nonsense

It was a pish idea IMO. If people choose to live 400 miles away from Tynie then that's their issue/choice. How folk can't grasp and accept what the points system is about is unreal. 

Archived