Jimmy Calderwood - Genius!

Rawrrrrrrr

Only a few weeks ago Novo committed a far worse tackle on Duff at Pittodrie, yet Mr Therapist still sees fit to bang on about the Simpson-Durrant incident. Given their past records, most would agree that Novo is the far dirtier player, yet he has got off pretty much scot-free with that one. Simpson is ten times the man that Novo (and for that matter Durrant) will ever be.

Given RFC's record of ruining young talent (Stephen Wright, Charlie Miller etc) I'd have been amazed if Durrant had turned out to be the "new Baggio" that some Glasgow journos were making him out to be. In the long run, he'd have probably been no better that Derek Ferguson.

Justification of the assault on Durrant "cos he was pish anyway"...... followed by a claim that a recent tackle by Nacho Novo, which DIDNT result in serious injury was in fact far worse.

This is the kinda logic i'd normally associate with the Hibs, not the Cod heeds.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Westendorfer

Erik - what did you think of the Novo tackle? Given that he went over the ball and stamped on Duff, it was only through luck that Duff was not seriously crocked. It may have escaped your attention, but a mistimed tackle can actually result in a far worse injury than a vicious challenge, depending on the position etc of the two players.

PickyBum - your link doesn't work. Maybe you should resit that Introduction to Computers module you scraped through at college last year.

Therapist - change the record. We ain't gonna be ground-sharing with Cove Rangers by 2012, no matter how many times you spout your guff.

Erik - what did you think of the Novo tackle? Given that he went over the ball and stamped on Duff, it was only through luck that Duff was not seriously crocked. It may have escaped your attention, but a mistimed tackle can actually result in a far worse injury than a vicious challenge, depending on the position etc of the two players.

It was a bad tackle. Yes.

Was it as bad as the Simpson tackle? No.

I couldnt give a hoot what could of, should of or indeed might of happened - Duff didnt get injured....... Durrant did. Badly.

To even compare the two is pretty lame to be honest.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't know if Pittodrie will be the sight of luxury beach apartments early in the next decade but I know that Aberdeen council are in no position to build them a new stadium.

And, it has to be said, that if it did happen then we'd be perfectly entitled to a little schadenfreude. The sheep were almost as exuberant as the vermin at the prospect of CALA moving the bulldozers in.

Drylaw Hearts
I don't know if Pittodrie will be the sight of luxury beach apartments early in the next decade but I know that Aberdeen council are in no position to build them a new stadium.

Maybe the Council will ask Donald Trump to get involved !

but I know that Aberdeen council are in no position to build them a new stadium.

Correct Geoff.

The cod heads are so much in denial that Wiggy is thinking of changing the badge on their shirts from the stylised goal posts to an ostrich sticking its head in the sand.

Westendorfer

The one slight flaw in this plan of Stewart Milne flogging Pittodrie and trousering ?15m before disappearing is that it's not as easy to hide in Westhill as it is in, ooh I don't know, somewhere in the Baltic states.

The guy has been an Aberdeen fan for a long time. He lives in the area. He employs thousands of people in Aberdeenshire. Whether or not you approve of his stewardship generally (and I don't), it's somewhat far-fetched to suddenly believe that he's suddenly going to sell the club up the river.

While Pittodrie could do with a new main stand, the other 3 stands are in perfectly reasonable nick, and it's worth pointing out that the corporate facilities there are far superior to any other non-OF Scottish ground - more than 25 boxes and 9 other corporate lounges. The council assessment states that the ground will be suitable until at least 2014 - 2011 is only given as a desirable date to move by.

Until the bypass goes through the public enquiry process, and any potential Euro 2012/6 bid is considered, it's unlikely that any final decision will be made anyway, given the effect that both factors will have.

The guy has been an Aberdeen fan for a long time. He lives in the area. He employs thousands of people in Aberdeenshire. Whether or not you approve of his stewardship generally (and I don't), it's somewhat far-fetched to suddenly believe that he's suddenly going to sell the club up the river.

Yet he's so much of a fan that rather than put any more of his own money in, he took a loan from HBoS on the condition that Pit Tawdry was separated from the football club and sold by March 2011. :rolleyes:

The council assessment states that the ground will be suitable until at least 2014 - 2011 is only given as a desirable date to move by.

I'm not sure whether you're genuinely dim or just at the wind-up, but here's the real bad news for you. The council may indeed state that Pit Tawdry will be suitable until 2014, but that is irrelevant because Aberdeen's agreement to sell Pit Tawdry by March 2011 is a legally binding contract with HBoS. :) :) :) :) :)

Drylaw Hearts

I'm not sure whether you're genuinely dim or just at the wind-up, but here's the real bad news for you. The council may indeed state that Pit Tawdry will be suitable until 2014, but that is irrelevant because Aberdeen's agreement to sell Pit Tawdry by March 2011 is a legally binding contract with HBoS. :) :) :) :) :)

Unless the loan is paid back in full - I would assume.

The People's Chimp

PickyBum - your link doesn't work. Maybe you should resit that Introduction to Computers module you scraped through at college last year.

Therapist - change the record. We ain't gonna be ground-sharing with Cove Rangers by 2012, no matter how many times you spout your guff.

to be honest, as someone who hates the huns i've always found the "who's that lying" song to be quite amusing. in very poor taste, but hey, that's football.

Went to quite a few dons games when i lived up there, when i got a free ticket from an ST holding group of mates. Of course, the aberdeen fans are delusional in the extreme, and utterly arrogant, but there were a few aberdeen rangers games I had a great laugh at.

Unless the loan is paid back in full - I would assume.

Obviously. :rolleyes:

But if Wiggy and Gilbert didn't put money in when the crisis loan was needed, why would they do it in March 2011? Particularly when they could have benefited from the interest Aberdeen is paying to HBoS. :rolleyes:

I suggest you take a deep breath and think for a change before answering. :)

marshallschunkychicken

My favourite Calderwood moment is 7-1 against Dunfermline.

Did my back in jumping up every five minutes.

I know it has nothing to do with the codheids, but it made me smile. :)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Wiggy will also be feeling the full effects of the credit crunch at the moment so he will probably have a higher reluctance to dip into his own pocket at present.

Anyway, back to the topic. Calderwood is a media darling so his obvious shortcomings will always be overlooked.

Drylaw Hearts
Obviously. :rolleyes:

But if Wiggy and Gilbert didn't put money in when the crisis loan was needed, why would they do it in March 2011? Particularly when they could have benefited from the interest Aberdeen is paying to HBoS. :rolleyes:

I suggest you take a deep breath and think for a change before answering. :)

No need for a deep breath.

But can you confirm that Pittodrie has actually been sold, as you and Picky Bum have stated or has a loan just been taken out with Pittodrie being used as collateral ?

2 very different things as you will be aware.

Also, have Aberdeen actually confirmed that they will be playing at Inverness within the next 3 Seasons ?

Or is this pure conjecture on your part ?

As for attempting to explain why a very rich Businessman would have to borrow, what is essentially loose change to him, I don't know.

And I would guess you don't either.

Again, it would pure conjecture on your behalf.

winston churchill
Shaun, why not go on some sheep site with your strong defence of tangoman and see what their reaction is. After all he's their manager not ours. Seems strange you want to roll out stat after stat about wonderful he is as a manager.

have you read his handy work over on hoofball.net

apparently, we should never have pumped the hobos 4-0 in the big semi final and the result flattered us:rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
Wiggy will also be feeling the full effects of the credit crunch at the moment so he will probably have a higher reluctance to dip into his own pocket at present.

Unless I'm mistaken he doesn't have to 'dip into his own pockets' at present.

According to Therapist, Aberdeen FC has until 2011 to repay this loan.

Although Milne will certainly be feeling the pinch at the moment who knows what is around the corner.

In 2 years time we may well be having another property boom.

If ACC cannot afford to build Aberdeen a stadium as previously discussed there is no chance they will leave Pittodrie.

shaun.lawson
It's because I've been through much worse Hearts-related times than this. I also have an aversion to coming across as a drama queen, and a tendency not to panic.

As for occuppying myself with another club, I find the cod heads and their spacehopper-like manager absolutely hilarious. :)

Fair enough. Out of interest, will you still feel this way if no proper manager has been appointed by the start of next season?

Re: Aberdeen - well, you seem to know more about all this than most, even some Dons fans on here! :eek: But what perplexes me is that, if a fan of probably any other Scottish club took a peek at this messageboard, they'd surely burst out laughing at the idea of a Hearts fan of all people poking fun at another club for being in danger of losing its stadium. Most of us remain pretty concerned as to Tynecastle's long term future, and the motivations and cashflow of the man whose assets guarantee it: just be careful you don't hoist yourself by your own petard over this, would be my friendly advice.

shaun.lawson

apparently, we should never have pumped the hobos 4-0 in the big semi final and the result flattered us:rolleyes:

Um, I said neither. I said that I had mixed feelings about the game, and that their injury problems quite plainly had an impact: not that we wouldn't have won had both teams been at full strength, not that we were flattered by the outcome, and not that I wasn't pleased we won either (how could I not be?). 16/5/98, though, had a vastly more profound effect on me than 2/4/06; and frankly, you can either like that reality, or lump it.

But can you confirm that Pittodrie has actually been sold

Yes. The transaction has not taken place but HBoS only made the loan in return for a guarantee that Pit Tawdry will be sold by March 2011. :)

Also, have Aberdeen actually confirmed that they will be playing at Inverness within the next 3 Seasons ?

Or is this pure conjecture on your part?

It is an educated guess based on:

1. Pit Tawdry will be sold by March 2011 under the terms of a legally binding agreement with HBoS.

2. The council stadium Aberdeen were pinning their hopes on will not be built. There is a massive hole in Aberdeen Council's finances and they are under investigation by the Audit Office. There is no money for flights of fancy like a new stadium.

3. They will have to play at an SPL-standard ground which will mean Inverness or Tannadice.

As for attempting to explain why a very rich Businessman would have to borrow, what is essentially loose change to him, I don't know.

You obviously don't understand the world of finance. Where did I say Wiggy or Gilbert would have to borrow? :confused:

What I said was that either of them could have provided the football club with the money it needed and, in return, would have benefited from interest on the loan. Yet they chose not to, a clear signal that they will not put any more money into Aberdeen.

Bye bye Pit Tawdry. I will end myself laughing when this happens. :)

Drylaw Hearts
Yes. The transaction has not taken place but HBoS only made the loan in return for a guarantee that Pit Tawdry will be sold by March 2011. :)

But you agreed that this will not happen if Aberdeen pay back the loan - see Post #163.

It is an educated guess based on:

1. Pit Tawdry will be sold by March 2011 under the terms of a legally binding agreement with HBoS.

2. The council stadium Aberdeen were pinning their hopes on will not be built. There is a massive hole in Aberdeen Council's finances and they are under investigation by the Audit Office. There is no money for flights of fancy like a new stadium.

3. They will have to play at an SPL-standard ground which will mean Inverness or Tannadice.

I don't think any of the above will happen. I suppose we will have to wait and see. I recall the CALA Homes deal and know that anything can happen. Plus you already stated that they will be playing at Inverness by 2011. Now you've thrown Tannadice into the mix.

You claim to know whats going on but yet are very unclear with your arguement.

You obviously don't understand the world of finance. Where did I say Wiggy or Gilbert would have to borrow? :confused:

But according to you they have already borrowed.

What I said was that either of them could have provided the football club with the money it needed and, in return, would have benefited from interest on the loan. Yet they chose not to, a clear signal that they will not put any more money into Aberdeen.

Bye bye Pit Tawdry. I will end myself laughing when this happens. :)

I would be willing to bet that IF Aberdeen FC leave Pittodrie it will be in similar circumstances to which we may have to leave if our Stadium does get redeveloped.

Or

It will be for a new stadium.

Seymour M Hersh
Nothing strange about it. The Terrace is about debating all things football, last I checked - I took exception to the idea that Tangoman is useless, and explained why. Just because I'm a Hearts fan, it doesn't mean my position is going to involve endless jibes about what a fud he is, and no desire to at least attempt to analyse his record objectively.

But he is a fud and who cares about his record as a manager at aberdreich or the pars. He has never been (and hopefully never will be) our manager and is never ever going to be classed along side any truly great managers so why the enthusiasm for the in depth analyses? Have you none of the country's young to educate?

I would be willing to bet that IF Aberdeen FC leave Pittodrie it will be in similar circumstances to which we may have to leave if our Stadium does get redeveloped.

Or

It will be for a new stadium.

If you can't even get your head round the simple concept that Wiggy and Gilbert have not borrowed money, then I shall not waste any more time discussing the Aberdeen situation with you. :confused:

Seymour M Hersh
:) :) :) :) :) :)

The Pit Tawdry decision proves that turkeys will occasionally vote for Christmas.

But apparently not for a ?1billion golf course investment!:confused:

Westendorfer

Wrong.

What is actually says is:

If the stadium were to remain unsold after five years (by which time it would be expected that the value of the stadium

would have increased), Talltray would have to pay to the Bank the full amount of its term loan outstanding and the rolled

up interest on it, unless suitable alternative financing arrangements were agreed at the time.

AFC accounts: http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFiles/b2/e4/0,,10284~58546,00.pdf

Finance agreements are extended, renegotiated etc quite commonly. As long as we have made reasonable steps towards the new stadium by 2011, I can't see it being hugely difficult to negotiate a new financing deal, perhaps with an expiration date of 2013 or 14.

Drylaw Hearts
If you can't even get your head round the simple concept that Wiggy and Gilbert have not borrowed money, then I shall not waste any more time discussing the Aberdeen situation with you. :confused:

Yet you said he has borrowed money.

Yet he's so much of a fan that rather than put any more of his own money in, he took a loan from HBoS on the condition that Pit Tawdry was separated from the football club and sold by March 2011. :rolleyes:

Did he borrow or did he not ?

Seymour M Hersh

No i've not. I rarely go there as it's not even low level banter just pure hatred, jealousy and bitterness. He's right about the score in the semi though. Should have been 5 or 6!:107years:

shaun.lawson
But he is a fud and who cares about his record as a manager at aberdreich or the pars. He has never been (and hopefully never will be) our manager and is never ever going to be classed along side any truly great managers so why the enthusiasm for the in depth analyses? Have you none of the country's young to educate?

Simple. Someone asked early in the thread why the media and other bosses seem to have so much time for him, in spite of his fudness; so I explained. It's called debate. You might like to try it sometime.

And in case you didn't know, it's exam time now, meaning I can get on with writing, research - and boring the pants off the likes of you. Life's a bitch, eh?

But apparently not for a ?1billion golf course investment!:confused:

Different Council entirely.

Therapist, you have a very simplified concept of the loan restructuring guarenteed against Pittodrie Stadium and I suggest you read up on it more than just a BBC news article.

Wrong.

What is actually says is:

If the stadium were to remain unsold after five years (by which time it would be expected that the value of the stadium

would have increased), Talltray would have to pay to the Bank the full amount of its term loan outstanding and the rolled

up interest on it, unless suitable alternative financing arrangements were agreed at the time.

AFC accounts: http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFiles/b2/e4/0,,10284~58546,00.pdf

Finance agreements are extended, renegotiated etc quite commonly. As long as we have made reasonable steps towards the new stadium by 2011, I can't see it being hugely difficult to negotiate a new financing deal, perhaps with an expiration date of 2013 or 14.

I can feel your panic. Although you've tried to put a positive spin on Aberdeen's desperate situation, it seems like the penny may finally be starting to drop. :)

The first step in tackling a problem is realising you've got one in the first place. Congratulations. :)

Seymour M Hersh
Simple. Someone asked early in the thread why the media and other bosses seem to have so much time for him, in spite of his fudness; so I explained. It's called debate. You might like to try it sometime.

And in case you didn't know, it's exam time now, meaning I can get on with writing, research - and boring the pants off the likes of you. Life's a bitch, eh?

It is for us!!;)

Seymour M Hersh
Different Council entirely.

Therapist, you have a very simplified concept of the loan restructuring guarenteed against Pittodrie Stadium and I suggest you read up on it more than just a BBC news article.

Ah of course my mistake Aberdeensheere Council as opposed to the City of Aberdeen. The sheere one has an extraordinary amount of English people on it does it not?

Westendorfer
I can feel your panic. Although you've tried to put a positive spin on Aberdeen's desperate situation, it seems like the penny may finally be starting to drop. :)

The first step in tackling a problem is realising you've got one in the first place. Congratulations. :)

I'll take your complete failure to address my point as a tacit admission you got the facts wrong.

PresidentRomanov
I'll take your complete failure to address my point as a tacit admission you got the facts wrong.

The point is, Aberdeen have recieved a crisis loan, on the condition Pittodrie is sold by March 2011, and the entire Aberdeen support - not many I'll admit - are choosing to ignore this fact, hoping it will just go away :)

marshallschunkychicken

The fact essentially being

Pay back the crisis loan, AND get a new credit agreement (most likely with another lender);

OR

Pittodrie becomes a new range of Stewart Milne affordable housing.

By the looks of it, I don't think HBoS would touch AFC in terms of a renegotiated loan agreement. Which leaves Pittodrie in pretty much the same position Tyney was, circa 2004-2005.

Westendorfer

You boys need to relax a bit. There is far more chance of HMFC being homeless in 2011 (assuming you haven't followed Gretna into oblivion) than there is of the Dons being in that position.

I'll summarise 3 key points for you:

- We have a more illustrious history (anyone who seriously doubts this, please find me an occasion when HMFC were voted 'European Team of the Year' by World Soccer)

- We're better than you at the moment

- All the evidence points to us being superior to you for at least the next 5-10 years

marshallschunkychicken
You boys need to relax a bit. There is far more chance of HMFC being homeless in 2011 (assuming you haven't followed Gretna into oblivion) than there is of the Dons being in that position.

- We have a more illustrious history (anyone who seriously doubts this, please find me an occasion when HMFC were voted 'European Team of the Year' by World Soccer)

- All the evidence points to us being superior to you for at least the next 5-10 years

:laugh:

I wouldn't if I were you. :)

My facts are correct.

Aberdeen entered into a legally binding agreement with HBoS to sell Pit Tawdry by March 2011 in order to repay the crisis loan. The only way you can get out of this is if Wiggy/Gilbert stick their hands in their pocket to pay off the bank, something they could have done long before now and earned some interest payments at the same time. And yet they chose not to.....I wonder why? ;)

They want their hands on the land. When March 2011 comes there will be no alternative financing in place and no community stadium. However, Wiggy and Gilbert will blame the sale on the nasty bank insisting on the loan being repaid, and trouser the money from Pit Tawdry - which is what their objective's been all along.

Basically, your diddy team and diddy fans are screwed. Why not admit it and try to do something about it rather than trying to convince yourselves there is not a problem.

Bye bye Pit Tawdry. I can't wait. :)

Drylaw Hearts

So to summarise...........

1) Aberdeen have sold Pittodrie

2) Aberdeen have taken out a loan secured against Pittodie

3) Wiggy hasn't borrowed any money though

4) Aberdeen will be playing at Inverness by 2011

5) Aberdeen will be playing at Inverness or Tannadice by 2011

6) All of the above is only relevant if Wiggy doesn't repay the loan by 2011

All of the above was posted by one member who states his facts are correct.

All I need to is work out which of the above is 'fact' and which of the above is crap.

This will not be easy.

Wish me luck.

Drylaw, please stop trolling. :sad:

That's all it can be as I can't imagine anyone could be dense enough to make that post intending it to be taken seriously. :cool:

Thanks. :)

winston churchill

go on dolly,i am all ears.

Isn't that the crap shop in the St James centre that sells all the Donnay stuff?

Also the last part of your post is garbage.

Westendorfer

Oh dear Therapist. So if the ground is sold Milne/Gilbert will run off with the swag. But according to you the dosh is needed to pay off the bank. By your rationale, what money will be left? Milne is worth ?300m+. Why destroy his reputation in his hometown for the sake of a couple of million? I fear trying to comprehend the laryrinthe finances of your beloved CFC has eliminated your remaining brain cells.

Drylaw Hearts
Drylaw, please stop trolling. :sad:

That's all it can be as I can't imagine anyone could be dense enough to make that post intending it to be taken seriously. :cool:

Thanks. :)

I'm not trolling.

I'm just simply utterly confused by what you are posting.

All i'm looking for is a clear explanation, without contradictions, on what is the situation at Aberdeen from a financial expert such as yourself.

I'm genuinley confused.

You're help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. If there any other financial experts on JKB who can help me decipher the 'facts' in this thread I would be willing to shell out the standard rate of pay.

I'm genuinley confused.

No brown stuff, Sherlock. :rolleyes:

So if the ground is sold Milne/Gilbert will run off with the swag. But according to you the dosh is needed to pay off the bank. By your rationale, what money will be left?

Pit Tawdry is worth a bit more than the value of the loan, albeit not much. Wiggy and Gilbert will pocket the difference. They are trying to unwind from Aberdeen, hence their decision to go to the bank for a crisis loan, rather than fund it themselves and benefit from interest payments but be in even more deeply.

I am sure the Pit Tawdry site will be added to the Milne Homes land bank. ;) It'll be ironic that you lot could probably afford one of the homes that'll be built on it if you weren't spending so much on travel to and from Inverness. :)

Guest TrimmTrab

If anyone honestly believes Wiggy will let Aberdeen go to the wall they are utterly clueless.

The man and his family live in Aberdeen and are Aberdonians. There business is based their aswell.

Honestly Therapist the fact you want Aberdeen to be in worse trouble than Hearts wont make it happen.

Aberdeen are not in the best of positions but not the worst either. Milne isnt a real fan but he isnt stupid either (unlike your Therapist).

If anyone honestly believes Wiggy will let Aberdeen go to the wall they are utterly clueless.

The man and his family live in Aberdeen and are Aberdonians. There business is based their aswell.

Honestly Therapist the fact you want Aberdeen to be in worse trouble than Hearts wont make it happen.

Aberdeen are not in the best of positions but not the worst either. Milne isnt a real fan but he isnt stupid either (unlike your Therapist).

Shotty - the ASC are here. Check the user name. :eek:

glentoranhearts
Shotty - the ASC are here. Check the user name. :eek:

Light a banger

They always run

:P

Archived