Jimmy Calderwood - Genius!

Rawrrrrrrr

chester copperpot
1. Your constant chants of "we hate Rangers more than you", glorifying Simpson's horrific tackle on Ian Durrant, and your sick references to the Ibrox disaster.

2. Unveiling a Jock Stein tribute banner during a game at Darkheid.

None of these were called for. All were to ingratiate you with your green and grey hooped heroes.

I have to give it to you T, you have an amazing ability for riling all things you dislike.

You're the best on the board at doing so. I love it.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to give it to you T, you have an amazing ability for riling all things you dislike.

You're the best on the board at doing so. I love it.

Thanks Chester. :)

chester copperpot
Thanks Chester. :)

Now off back to abusing Hibs/Cellick/Codheids etc etc, as you're Simply The Best at doing so. ;)

Fourcandles

Jimmy Calderwood - Genius!

Anyway back to the thread title gents.

I think theres been a misspelling, replace the 'us' on the end of Genius and replace it with an 'tal' and you just about have it.

:o

Aberdeen also finished 3rd, and did better in Europe than any non-OF club since 1989.

But to me, you can only judge these things on league placings - especially given how unimportant the diddy cup is. When JJ and Levein were in charge, we were the undisputed third force, something I was very proud of. I'm afraid we're no longer in that position now: nothing to stop us grabbing it back, but we only have ourselves to blame for what's happened in recent seasons, as you and I know only too well.

they also made complete fools of themselves on 2 occassions i can think of:rolleyes:

Are there any Dons fans that genuinely like Calderwood?

I'm sure there are a few that "like" him, but I'd say that most are like me. We don't dislike him, but there's something about him, that means we don't really warm to him.

His name used to get chanted but nowadays, you're just as likely to hear us calling him a "fat satsuma" ;)

It wouldn't take much for him to be embraced, but also, he's only ever a few bad performances away from a slagging ;)

A good season next year and all will be rosey (such are the whims of us fans) :confused::dribble:;):)

Gigolo-Aunt
I'm sure there are a few that "like" him, but I'd say that most are like me. We don't dislike him, but there's something about him, that means we don't really warm to him.

His name used to get chanted but nowadays, you're just as likely to hear us calling him a "fat satsuma" ;)

It wouldn't take much for him to be embraced, but also, he's only ever a few bad performances away from a slagging ;)

A good season next year and all will be rosey (such are the whims of us fans) :confused::dribble:;):)

aDONis, you dont by any chance know what Jamie Langfield said to Calderwood on his stag doo in Spain?

Always wondered.

Cheers.

Dirk Diggler

I think Calderwood is, and always has been, a complete tosser.

He and Aberdeen fc are well suited in my opinion.

70's Throwback
1. Your constant chants of "we hate Rangers more than you", glorifying Simpson's horrific tackle on Ian Durrant, and your sick references to the Ibrox disaster.

2. Unveiling a Jock Stein tribute banner during a game at Darkheid.

None of these were called for. All were to ingratiate you with your green and grey hooped heroes.

Once again, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Perhaps, if you could remove those blue tinted specs that would help.

Aberdeen fans do not constantly sing any of those chants. The first one does not indicate anywhere in it that aberdeen fans have an affinity with Celtic. With regards to Simpson's tackle and the Ibrox disaster, we most certainly do not sing those. Quite the opposite, in fact, in that any Aberdeen fan who started to sing them would get shouted down immediately. The west coast media seems to take great delight in reporting we do, however, I categorically assure you that Aberdeen fans don't want them sung.

As is the case with the west coast media, get your facts correct before mouthing off publicly.

As for the Jock Stein banner, I've not seen anything like that before or since and was clearly a mark of respect for a manager who is regarded as one of the best Scotland has ever produced. Nothing more, nothing less. It was certainly not there to ingratiate ourselves with anyone.

Aberdeen are their own team, always have been, always will be and don't need to form any affinities with anyone...unlike some my blue-nosed friend ;)

A quick scan through You Tube and there are numerous clips of Aberdeen v Celtic games which clearly show we're not 'ingratiating' ourselves with Celtic. This being just one example after the recent Scottish Cup win if you want to check out (from 2mins onwards).

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=e-f_z8CA8x4&feature=related

Now there may be some on here who think you spouting bile is fantastic and 'Simply The Best', personally, I don't think it does you any favours. Best to try and know some facts around what you're spouting about before posting ;)

winston churchill
thing is, one-off bomb scare games like that can happen. and they do have a hilarious way of happening at aberdeen. but equally he can seem to win the MUST-WIN games more than us.

This season we were at Killie for a chance to secure top 6 - blown. Last season we had to beat them in order to have a chance at Europe, and in turn hope rangers beat aberdeen. - blown. In both of these corresponding fixtures Aberdeen did what they had to do, disposing of Falkirk and Rangers and went on the path that i felt belonged to us.

Also, Celtic in the cup beating them after a replay at PH is no-mean feat. (i still laugh at them getting horsed the next game hahahahahahah) not to mention hammering a very decent and experienced CL side in Copenhagen in a game both teams had to win. I remember watching that game and thinking it was the best scottish performance in europe for a decade. Far better than any of Rangers backs to walls Yoofa runs, or Celtics lucky football at home.

Calderwood is JUST as capable of winning the must-win games as losing them. In fact he has a good record of winning them. Just when he doesn't, he fails spectacularly.

so what you are saying is, they only made top six because we shot ourselves in the foot.

PresidentRomanov
Once again, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Perhaps, if you could remove those blue tinted specs that would help.

Aberdeen fans do not constantly sing any of those chants. The first one does not indicate anywhere in it that aberdeen fans have an affinity with Celtic. With regards to Simpson's tackle and the Ibrox disaster, we most certainly do not sing those. Quite the opposite, in fact, in that any Aberdeen fan who started to sing them would get shouted down immediately. The west coast media seems to take great delight in reporting we do, however, I categorically assure you that Aberdeen fans don't want them sung.

As is the case with the west coast media, get your facts correct before mouthing off publicly.

As for the Jock Stein banner, I've not seen anything like that before or since and was clearly a mark of respect for a manager who is regarded as one of the best Scotland has ever produced. Nothing more, nothing less. It was certainly not there to ingratiate ourselves with anyone.

Aberdeen are their own team, always have been, always will be and don't need to form any affinities with anyone...unlike some my blue-nosed friend ;)

A quick scan through You Tube and there are numerous clips of Aberdeen v Celtic games which clearly show we're not 'ingratiating' ourselves with Celtic. This being just one example after the recent Scottish Cup win if you want to check out (from 2mins onwards).

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=e-f_z8CA8x4&feature=related

Now there may be some on here who think you spouting bile is fantastic and 'Simply The Best', personally, I don't think it does you any favours. Best to try and know some facts around what you're spouting about before posting ;)

How about Aberdeen fans wearing celtic tops at the recent Aberdeen v Rangers FC game then?

Incidentally, the Jock Stein banner, is the single most stomach churning act I've ever seen in a football stadium :sad:

PresidentRomanov
so what you are saying is, they only made top six because we shot ourselves in the foot.

That happened last season too - still, Calderwood's a genius :confused:

you r a ****in arsehole read what the man saYS. aND UNTIL WE GET SOMEONE LIKE CALDERWOOD OR SIMILAR IN WE WILL ALWAYS BE ALSO RANS

PresidentRomanov
you r a ****in arsehole read what the man saYS. aND UNTIL WE GET SOMEONE LIKE CALDERWOOD OR SIMILAR IN WE WILL ALWAYS BE ALSO RANS

Fit like? :)

winston churchill
to be honest the aberdeen fans i know all want him out and i cant see why.

he's solidified them so much (remember the laughing stock under that jakey auld poop patterson). he even broke their hoodoo at tynecastle. think they've beat us 3 times at tynie since he joined, whereas you#d have to go back to 1998 before that i think.

their results at home to rangers are remarkable as well. 1 loss in 3 seasons, 1 draw and the rest wins i think.

given the points i'd say he probably has been the most consistent in terms that since his arrival they've always been round about 3rd and over the course of the season been tough to beat and winning more games than losing or drawing. however, we've (and arguably even the hobos) been the more successful. 2nd and a cup win trumps Calderwood.

the underlying factor is. would he bring us a bottom 6 finish? Not a chance. Would he bring us to splitting the OF. Not a chance. Would he solidify us as the '3rd force'. Personally i think he would. It wouldn't be pretty and we'd have some howlers along the way but we could do it.

If Romanov's stragedy was really long-term i wouldn't be adverse to him coming in for 2 seasons - steadying the ship. he'd do a levein like job but i dont think Craig will be coming back to us anytime soon. After 2 seasons of 3rd we may have a platform to build on.

Oh, and one other question. Is he a fat, odious, orange t0sser? CERTAINLY!

a 4-1 humping at tynecastle ,and a win and a draw at todders, looks like normal service has resumed

Terrible Trio

are you named after a dildo?

70's Throwback
How about Aberdeen fans wearing celtic tops at the recent Aberdeen v Rangers FC game then?

Incidentally, the Jock Stein banner, is the single most stomach churning act I've ever seen in a football stadium :sad:

You provide me with evidence of one single Aberdeen fan wearing a Celtic top....complete bollocks and bollocks reporting, once again! You not sussed out the pattern yet?

As for the Jock Stein thing, that's merely your opinion, couldn't really care less.

PresidentRomanov
You provide me with evidence of one single Aberdeen fan wearing a Celtic top....complete bollocks and bollocks reporting, once again! You not sussed out the pattern yet?

As for the Jock Stein thing, that's merely your opinion, couldn't really care less.

It was on Reporting Scotland, with quotes from Aberceltic supporters :)

And I'm quite sure you're not concerned about the Jock Stein sucking up.

Incidentally, any news yet on where you'll be playing your home games, after your stadium's sold off to clear your debt in 2011?

gillie chris
aDONis, you dont by any chance know what Jamie Langfield said to Calderwood on his stag doo in Spain?

Always wondered.

Cheers.

I saw the whole incident and Langfield was a disgrace.

After the last game Calderwood told Langfield that he didnt want to see him in Magaluf this summer. I was in the company of Calderwood I couldnt resist so I told him Ive just seen Langfield outside his face was a picture. :dribble:

And for the record i would welcome him as a manager but i think he will be off to England at some point.

70's Throwback
It was on Reporting Scotland, with quotes from Aberceltic supporters :)

And I'm quite sure you're not concerned about the Jock Stein sucking up.

Incidentally, any news yet on where you'll be playing your home games, after your stadium's sold off to clear your debt in 2011?

Absolute bollocks.

The Jock Stein sucking up? Get a grip.

To be honest, I don't tend to get drawn in to these arguments..but perhaps you want to get your own house in order before judging other clubs these days ;)

PresidentRomanov
Absolute bollocks.

To be honest, I don't tend to get drawn in to these arguments..but perhaps you want to get your own house in order before judging other clubs these days ;)

Translate: We won't have a home, so I don't want to talk about it.

Fourcandles
Absolute bollocks.

Risin to the bait mate.............:)

If I were you i'd go and part Dollys clinker curtains and give her a right guid mutton injection, it'll calm ye doon.

:282:

70's Throwback
Translate: We won't have a home, so I don't want to talk about it.

Translate...your club's in a shambles...so concentrate on that rather than other clubs in a far better one. Let's just leave it at that ;)

70's Throwback
Risin to the bait mate.............:)

If I were you i'd go and part Dollys clinker curtains and give her a right guid mutton injection, it'll calm ye doon.

:282:

:P

PresidentRomanov
Translate...your club's in a shambles...so concentrate on that rather than other clubs in a far better one. Let's just leave it at that ;)

I'm more than happy to talk about it :)

My club hasn't signed an agreement saying we have to sell our stadium by March 2011, so we could recieve a ?2 million crisis loan - your's has :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/5125522.stm

I'm more than happy to talk about it :)

My club hasn't signed an agreement saying we have to sell our stadium by March 2011, so we could recieve a ?2 million crisis loan - your's has :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/5125522.stm

"Crisis loan". :) :) :) Aberdeen FC = Cash Converters FC :)

Cod heads never ever own up to or discuss the fact that Pit Tawdry has been sold and they will be homeless in April 2011. :)

I post on afc-chat now and then, and if you read what some say on there about Hearts, your being a complete hypocrite coming on here spouting that.

I accept that on other teams forum's you are unlikely to get a balanced debate, so why don't you get over it?! Don't like it, you know where the door is :wacko:

Aberdeen always amuse me.

I dont hate them, but I do enjoy laughing at their epic failures, of which there are inevitably a fair few every season.

PresidentRomanov

Cod heads never ever own up to or discuss the fact that Pit Tawdry has been sold and they will be homeless in April 2011. :)

Head In The Sand Ultras :)

lmao at those who think i said calderwood is a genius - he is an idiot. but one that could get us 3rd with the budget. im my opinion that is a fact. given we don't have a chance of Craig Levein i'd say he's as good an option as we're liking to get if we search within the spl (Mark McGhee :'() jim jefferies could do the same job as well.

may i make it clear that this is a job the next manager should achieve (3rd force, good home record, the 'best of the rest') but it is not job i will be particularly happy about anyone achieving it. couple of seasons with a plonker like Calderwood and THEN look for the genuine class that will spring us into 2nd.

still rather JJ for obvious reasons but they are much of a muchness imo

Do you have an opinion about anything else because all your posts are the same?

Do you have an opinion about anything else because all your posts are the same?

I can feel your pain. :) I guess it can't be easy having Pit Tawdry sold and nowhere to go.

Why didn't you cod heads stand up to Wiggy and Gilbert in the same way as we took on and defeated Pieman when he threatened to sell Tynecastle? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope you enjoy watching your bunch of amateurs and free transfers at Inversnecky from April 2011. :)

Seymour M Hersh
They do so because of his record - which can't be argued with, especially when you look at Dunfermline's fortunes after he left, and Aberdeen's for the decade prior to his appointment there. Since his arrival at Pittodrie, they've been the most consistent side outwith the OF.

Doesn't stop him being a complete sherman tanker of a fud though!

Seymour M Hersh
Can't say I have, either. Hearts beat Aberdeen 4-1 last season, of course. But I know which club had the better campaign overall - and that they were generally awful yet still ended up 4th is a comment not just on the SPL, but on Aberdeen too. They're awfully close to taking over our mantle as the team to beat if you want to end up 3rd: which is another negative legacy of Romanov's time so far.

Shaun, why not go on some sheep site with your strong defence of tangoman and see what their reaction is. After all he's their manager not ours. Seems strange you want to roll out stat after stat about wonderful he is as a manager.

shaun.lawson
Shaun, why not go on some sheep site with your strong defence of tangoman and see what their reaction is. After all he's their manager not ours. Seems strange you want to roll out stat after stat about wonderful he is as a manager.

Nothing strange about it. The Terrace is about debating all things football, last I checked - I took exception to the idea that Tangoman is useless, and explained why. Just because I'm a Hearts fan, it doesn't mean my position is going to involve endless jibes about what a fud he is, and no desire to at least attempt to analyse his record objectively.

no desire to at least attempt to analyse his record objectively.

Calderwood has had some car crash events that completely undermine any argument that he is a competent football manager:

1. Queen's Park in the diddy cup.

2. Queen of the South in the Scottish Cup.

3. A thrashing from Dundee United in the diddy cup.

4. Watching star midfielder Steve Tosh ditch the coddies to join a "better club"; Gretna.

5. His failure to convince a Dutch amateur player to sign for the coddies. Utterly embarrassing.

6. Spouting on about his link-up with an African agent who will provide the coddies with the cream of young African talent. Needless to say, nothing came of this.

Calderwood is a clown. Aberdeen only keep him on because he never rocks the boat with Wiggy and Gilbert over their penny pinching ways and the forthcoming sale of Pit Tawdry.

Personal favourite Jimmy Calderwood moment:

Describing how he "discovered" Adebayor because he asked Arsenal to let him go out on loan.

A few months after they had spent 7 million bringing him across from Italy.

shaun.lawson
Calderwood has had some car crash events that completely undermine any argument that he is a competent football manager:

1. Queen's Park in the diddy cup.

2. Queen of the South in the Scottish Cup.

3. A thrashing from Dundee United in the diddy cup.

4. Watching star midfielder Steve Tosh ditch the coddies to join a "better club"; Gretna.

5. His failure to convince a Dutch amateur player to sign for the coddies. Utterly embarrassing.

6. Spouting on about his link-up with an African agent who will provide the coddies with the cream of young African talent. Needless to say, nothing came of this.

Calderwood is a clown. Aberdeen only keep him on because he never rocks the boat with Wiggy and Gilbert over their penny pinching ways and the forthcoming sale of Pit Tawdry.

Car crash events? Yup, absolutely. Generally consistent league form too, though - and Aberdeen are keeping him on because of the job he's done. Between 1995 and 2004, they had an average league finish of 7.2; since he's been at the helm, it's improved to 4.25. That's very clear progress in anyone's language - and given we've managed to finish below this 'clown' in three out of the last four seasons, I'm somewhat perplexed as to why you're not shouting from the rooftops about Vlad and the lack of a proper manager, instead of occupying yourself with another club and criticising those Hearts fans for whom the present situation holds much more concern than you apparently feel.

shaun.lawson
Personal favourite Jimmy Calderwood moment:

Describing how he "discovered" Adebayor because he asked Arsenal to let him go out on loan.

A few months after they had spent 7 million bringing him across from Italy.

That's mine too. I linked to it on here! What next, Jimmy? "How I knew the boy Pele would turn out a good 'un"?

I'm somewhat perplexed as to why you're not shouting from the rooftops about Vlad and the lack of a proper manager, instead of occupying yourself with another club and criticising those Hearts fans for whom the present situation holds much more concern than you apparently feel.

It's because I've been through much worse Hearts-related times than this. I also have an aversion to coming across as a drama queen, and a tendency not to panic.

As for occuppying myself with another club, I find the cod heads and their spacehopper-like manager absolutely hilarious. :)

Westendorfer

Only a few weeks ago Novo committed a far worse tackle on Duff at Pittodrie, yet Mr Therapist still sees fit to bang on about the Simpson-Durrant incident. Given their past records, most would agree that Novo is the far dirtier player, yet he has got off pretty much scot-free with that one. Simpson is ten times the man that Novo (and for that matter Durrant) will ever be.

Given RFC's record of ruining young talent (Stephen Wright, Charlie Miller etc) I'd have been amazed if Durrant had turned out to be the "new Baggio" that some Glasgow journos were making him out to be. In the long run, he'd have probably been no better that Derek Ferguson.

Only a few weeks ago Novo committed a far worse tackle on Duff at Pittodrie, yet Mr Therapist still sees fit to bang on about the Simpson-Durrant incident.

I wasn't aware of such an incident. However, it cannot have been "worse", as Duff's knee did not end up in several pieces. :rolleyes:

Westendorfer

I suppose that game is unlikely to be on your newly purchased 07-08 official RFC highlights DVD. ;)

PresidentRomanov
Only a few weeks ago Novo committed a far worse tackle on Duff at Pittodrie, yet Mr Therapist still sees fit to bang on about the Simpson-Durrant incident. Given their past records, most would agree that Novo is the far dirtier player, yet he has got off pretty much scot-free with that one. Simpson is ten times the man that Novo (and for that matter Durrant) will ever be.

Given RFC's record of ruining young talent (Stephen Wright, Charlie Miller etc) I'd have been amazed if Durrant had turned out to be the "new Baggio" that some Glasgow journos were making him out to be. In the long run, he'd have probably been no better that Derek Ferguson.

What's your opinion on your imminent ground sale?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/5125522.stm

PresidentRomanov
:) :) :) :) :) :)

The Pit Tawdry decision proves that turkeys will occasionally vote for Christmas.

Or vote for it, then pretend it's not happening :)

Archived