Well done Robbie

Hampden Demolition

maltese jambo

Not sure anyone is saying they're happy we lost but I do think nearly everyone was not expecting us to have a go as we did. Yesterdays performance, if replaced week in week out, is very encouraging. 

I think that's a really good point Seymour. We need to make sure that level of performance IS the standard we need to set. Improvement needed big time in defense (comical at times during match) but I saw a lot of good stuff on show yesterday. Djoum best player on the park and was looking back to his best although still wish he would venture further forward, strikers looked decent enough and Tony Watt seems to add something very different. Didn't take our chances and we were punished for it but that's not all that surprising considering the gulf in resources between the two clubs.

Good, positive performance, and on another day we would have won that game.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must have been watching a different game mate, we were camped in our own box the moment Buaben come off the bench...

In all seriousness though. What is clear is that folk are so hell bent on being anti-Neilson, they can't look at any change he makes objectively.

We didn't have a forward on the bench

No juanma or Johnsen

Watt goosed after 60 mins and replaced by Muirhead

Either Buaben or laim Smith or Harry paton left to change things

Buaben has the more experience hence why he came on

I have no problem with the substitutions

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well done Robbie you lead us to another big game defeat that we should have won.

Really?

Hagar the Horrible

Just for the record we defended our own Corner badly, and that cost us the draw, what I am also saying was we gave a clear message of intent that a draw was what we were aiming for by that substitution.  What I am also saying is playing for a draw very rarely results in getting one.  Yes we lost the goal because we pressed as we should have and were sucker punched.

What I am also saying we lost having a go for the most part, which is better than the inevitable though before the game that we would just park the bus, and be boring.  What I am also saying i that we need to practice corners and be capable of being a threat to the other team rather than knowing we are more likely to lose a goal than score from one.

What I want from Robbie as actually more of the same, I still think though that we will play with 5 at the back against Aberdeen and one up front, and park the bus.  Just go for it more, it will work more times than it fails.

But we do need to work on corners, and stop trying to settle for the result, keep pressing for the 90, how many points did we throw away, last season because we sat in on the score as it stood?  Dundee and Kilmarnock games last season????   We need to be more ruthless.

Generic Username

I've read some shite on here in the past but this is defo in the Top 5...............

Bit of a riddie that you've not realised it was blatantly tongue in cheek from him.

hmfc_liam06

I've read some shite on here in the past but this is defo in the Top 5...............

Au contraire...

Alma Matters

Haven't read the thread, and I'm sure it will probably have been said, but Neilson cost us the game with his negative sub. Reacting to their change when we were on top and looking the most likely. Totally shat it and I'm sick of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't read the thread, and I'm sure it will probably have been said, but Neilson cost us the game with his negative sub. Reacting to their change when we were on top and looking the most likely. Totally shat it and I'm sick of him.

Better pop your hard hat on lad...... :builder2:

I feared that Robbie could not change but on yesterdays evidence it looks as though he can adapt.

Well played Robbie keep up the good work,

We_are_the_Hearts

Complete pish. We were the better team before the sub, we were the better team after the sub. We lost a goal from OUR corner and because Rherras never took one for the team. We were naive and too open

Alma Matters

Complete pish. We were the better team before the sub, we were the better team after the sub. We lost a goal from OUR corner and because Rherras never took one for the team. We were naive and too open

Why change it? We were playing better before the sub. Samson was having a good game. If anything it should have been Buaben for Cowie, who was blowing out of his arse.

He crapped it. Again.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

A bit harsh.

On a slight tangent, our bench was very weak yesterday. Not much in the way of game-changers on there. But in general we played much better than I expected so I'm quite encouraged.

Son Of Anarchy

Why change it? We were playing better before the sub. Samson was having a good game. If anything it should have been Buaben for Cowie, who was blowing out of his arse.

He crapped it. Again.

He didn't.

We_are_the_Hearts

He crapped it. Again.

Sammon was knackered. Cowie is the fittest player in the team. Were you actually at the game?

Alma Matters

The same Cowie that ran to our attacking corner flag and could barely drag himself back to our half of the pitch aye?

Were you at the game? The majority of people I spoke to post match agreed, it is the 'but we nearly died' bunch on here that cannot see it.

Michael_Jackson

One for Neilson fans -

Hypothetically speaking, If by Christmas we are knocked out of the league cup and sitting 4th or 5th would Neilson deserve to keep his job still?

We_are_the_Hearts

One for Neilson fans -

Hypothetically speaking, If by Christmas we are knocked out of the league cup and sitting 4th or 5th would Neilson deserve to keep his job still?

We are Hearts fans, well most if us on here. Do one.

We_are_the_Hearts

The same Cowie that ran to our attacking corner flag and could barely drag himself back to our half of the pitch aye?

Were you at the game? The majority of people I spoke to post match agreed, it is the 'but we nearly died' bunch on here that cannot see it.

WTF has that to do with Cowie lol..................this place man

Gene Parmesan

"Knocked out the league cup by Christmas"

:rofl:

The 'nearly died bunch' :cornette:

:wow:

KineticBeat

He crapped it. Again.

Sammon was blowing out his arse so much he could barely kick the football. Robbie's only failing is the Juanma situation which meant there wasn't a like for like replacement on the bench.

One for Neilson fans -

How very black and white.

It will depend on who to and how we exited the cup and will depend on how many points 4th or 5th place is below 1st place and if we have games in hand etc etc.

Michael_Jackson

We are Hearts fans, well most if us on here. Do one.

Unwarranted response to a simple question.

Unwarranted response to a simple question.

I beg to differ. Pretty please with cherries on top. Do one.

August Landmesser

Wouldn't fancy being in the league cup after Christmas...

It would be some achievement though. Fair play to Robbie if he can manage it :D

Wouldn't fancy being in the league cup after Christmas...

Don't think anyone will be given the final in November......

Michael_Jackson

I beg to differ. Pretty please with cherries on top. Do one.

No thanks. I think I'll hang around for the sweet moment it eventually dawns on the happy clappers that Robbie is not the man for Hearts.

:verysmug:

It will then turn from 'Neilson is doing well, we WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP HIBS FAN!! to 'you always wanted him fail your reveling in Hearts not doing well HIBS FAN!!! When in reality the signs that Neilson isn't a particularly good manager are glaringly obvious.

Not a Neilson fan and I still do not think he is good enough for us. However yesterday I think he set the team up well, tactics were ok, bit shaky at times and that's something that comes with confidence and experience, still don't like the suicide passing and continued passing back to Hamilton quite a lot of times we put ourselves under pressure with that kind of play, we do not have the players capable of playing that type of football especially silly against teams with players as good and as fast as Celtic have we'll get away with that more often against lesser teams. Felt we were the better team for large parts of the game and second half in particular had the upper hand, I didn't feel taking Watt was the right thing to do and certainly the bauben sub really handed the impetuous to Celtic at a time where we were dominating play.

If we can play like that every week, with the same passion and determination we will win far more than we lose and for me that would certainly go a huge way to me changing my feelings about Neilson.

So far it's looking promising but I not getting carried away, as others have said that determination and work ethic is a bare minimum any Hearts player should give when pulling in that famous jersey.

"the bauben sub really handed the impetuous to Celtic at a time where we were dominating play."

How did this sub hand Celtic the impetuous, cause as far as i could see it didnt have any impact negatively before or after the goal.

"the bauben sub really handed the impetuous to Celtic at a time where we were dominating play."

How did this sub hand Celtic the impetuous, cause as far as i could see it didnt have any impact negatively before or after the goal.

They made a change and went 3 at the back with 5 in midfield. We had to do something to answer that IMO but balancing the midfield in the way we did wasn't the only choice. We could have stayed as we were and had Cowie man mark Rogic or take Cowie off and have Buaben man mark him. The remainder of the Celtic midfield was blowing out its arse by then. We could have gone to a 3 at the back ourselves (Paterson Rossi Souttar) and stuck Buaben on for Rherras.  or we could have taken a striker off.

I agree that the change we chose didn't impact on the flow of the game. The goal was on the break. It might have been prevented had we gone to a back 3 as Paterson would almost certainly have halfed Griffiths before he got in a dangerous position. But the goal was partly conceded in because a player of Sinclairs class and pace ran away from us and got free.

Rherras should have stopped Griffiths though, no matter what our tactics were, when you see the replay its obvious what he should have done. He even had the chance to do it fairly and didn't take it.

I think Neilson made what he thought was the safest choice to get something from the game. His choice, although I didn't like it much at the time, actually wasn't the thing that beat us IMO.

Could those "experts" who are criticising the substitutions give the rest of us the benefit of their superior knowledge as to what changes they would have made, given that both our strikers were out on their feet when they were taken off.

Even then we were left with one striker, two wingers and an attacking midfielder, who was pushed even further forward.

Hardly a formation of a team bottling it or settling for a draw

They can't. They have their agenda, their blinkers are on and will not concede that they are wrong.

It has been stated numerous times on this thread that the substitutions did not cause the defeat, that we were actually on the attack when hit by a sucker punch, but yet the bleat on.

If we were defending backs to wall inviting Celtic to attack then fair enough, but that was not the case.

Insufferable boors the lot of them. 

They made a change and went 3 at the back with 5 in midfield. We had to do something to answer that IMO but balancing the midfield in the way we did wasn't the only choice. We could have stayed as we were and had Cowie man mark Rogic or take Cowie off and have Buaben man mark him. The remainder of the Celtic midfield was blowing out its arse by then. We could have gone to a 3 at the back ourselves (Paterson Rossi Souttar) and stuck Buaben on for Rherras. or we could have taken a striker off.

I agree that the change we chose didn't impact on the flow of the game. The goal was on the break. It might have been prevented had we gone to a back 3 as Paterson would almost certainly have halfed Griffiths before he got in a dangerous position. But the goal was partly conceded in because a player of Sinclairs class and pace ran away from us and got free.

Rherras should have stopped Griffiths though, no matter what our tactics were, when you see the replay its obvious what he should have done. He even had the chance to do it fairly and didn't take it.

I think Neilson made what he thought was the safest choice to get something from the game. His choice, although I didn't like it much at the time, actually wasn't the thing that beat us IMO.

Agree with all of that.

Gimme an H...

You're having a laugh here...after running himself into the ground for 80mins I think any player at this level would struggle to get back, what the **** do you want from him?!

Some folk need to start realising what level we're at and not compare our players to the boys we seen in the Champions League.

Had he kept it the same people would have said why didnt he counter the Rogic 3-5-2 move.

He cant win as some on here have an agenda, we continued to create chances and the sub had no effect on that result....none.

In fact he nearly scored with a decent volley / bicycle kick

Just for the record we defended our own Corner badly, and that cost us the draw, what I am also saying was we gave a clear message of intent that a draw was what we were aiming for by that substitution.  What I am also saying is playing for a draw very rarely results in getting one.  Yes we lost the goal because we pressed as we should have and were sucker punched.

What I am also saying we lost having a go for the most part, which is better than the inevitable though before the game that we would just park the bus, and be boring.  What I am also saying i that we need to practice corners and be capable of being a threat to the other team rather than knowing we are more likely to lose a goal than score from one.

What I want from Robbie as actually more of the same, I still think though that we will play with 5 at the back against Aberdeen and one up front, and park the bus.  Just go for it more, it will work more times than it fails.

But we do need to work on corners, and stop trying to settle for the result, keep pressing for the 90, how many points did we throw away, last season because we sat in on the score as it stood?  Dundee and Kilmarnock games last season????   We need to be more ruthless.

so you are saying that we settled for a draw and that's why we lost? and you are also saying we went for it and that's why we lost??  

well go and support some other team then. I am sick of the numpties on this board who can't understand football or willfully refuse to in order to have a go at our manager. Total garbage from yourself but you are certainly not alone 

One for Neilson fans -

yes - and it's not Neilson fans, it's Hearts fans, which you are certainly not one

No thanks. I think I'll hang around for the sweet moment it eventually dawns on the happy clappers that Robbie is not the man for Hearts.

:verysmug:

It will then turn from 'Neilson is doing well, we WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP HIBS FAN!! to 'you always wanted him fail your reveling in Hearts not doing well HIBS FAN!!! When in reality the signs that Neilson isn't a particularly good manager are glaringly obvious.

as are the signs that you are not a Hearts fan. 

Not a Neilson fan and I still do not think he is good enough for us. However yesterday I think he set the team up well, tactics were ok, bit shaky at times and that's something that comes with confidence and experience, still don't like the suicide passing and continued passing back to Hamilton quite a lot of times we put ourselves under pressure with that kind of play, we do not have the players capable of playing that type of football especially silly against teams with players as good and as fast as Celtic have we'll get away with that more often against lesser teams. Felt we were the better team for large parts of the game and second half in particular had the upper hand, I didn't feel taking Watt was the right thing to do and certainly the bauben sub really handed the impetuous to Celtic at a time where we were dominating play.

If we can play like that every week, with the same passion and determination we will win far more than we lose and for me that would certainly go a huge way to me changing my feelings about Neilson.

So far it's looking promising but I not getting carried away, as others have said that determination and work ethic is a bare minimum any Hearts player should give when pulling in that famous jersey.

agree with a  lot of that but we continued to dominate celtic after Buaben came on

4 posts in quick succession putting down other members with insults. And you call me a troll ?

Michael_Jackson

Probably follow Hearts more than you do petal.

Alma Matters

well go and support some other team then. I am sick of the numpties on this board who can't understand football or willfully refuse to in order to have a go at our manager. Total garbage from yourself but you are certainly not alone

Aye right you are. Everyone who disagrees with you is a numpty. If you can't handle differing opinions then you may be best advised to exit a football forum.

BangkokHearts

That is the last two games against Celtic that we have been the better team but still ended up on the losing side. Their quality players scoring the goals that hurt us on both ocassions.

Robbie got his tactic right again but Rodgers tactical changes won the game for Celtic. They switched back after Griffiths was subbed.

We_are_the_Hearts

That is the last two games against Celtic that we have been the better team but still ended up on the losing side. Their quality players scoring the goals that hurt us on both ocassions.

Robbie got his tactic right again but Rodgers tactical changes won the game for Celtic. They switched back after Griffiths was subbed.

Slackness from us at our own corner won them the game, nothing else. The pattern of pmay never changed the whole 2nd half

BangkokHearts

Rogers changed the formation when he brought on the player that scored the winning goal. Yes it was slack from us but Rogers showed his tactical awareness and by switching back and subbing Griffiths after they scored.

Archived