Well done Robbie

Hampden Demolition

1 game mate, he was really poor last season and I was hoping he would kick on but he is weak in many areas

He's a shitebag, just like our manager.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robbie is a complete bottle merchant.

Didnt you say that if we keep playing like we did in the first half then Neilson deserved credit?

So as far as i could see we did and the sub made no difference at all.

So whats changed ?

I have been critical of RN recently, but today he deserves credit. Had a real go. Massive improvement from recent performances,

I have been critical of RN recently, but today he deserves credit. Had a real go. Massive improvement from recent performances,

He had a real go until he decided to remove a striker.

Getintaethem

He had a real go until he decided to remove a striker.

We were the better team even after the substitution, we didn't take our chances, they did, that's why we lost.

Quicker people realise that, and I really mean our players here, the better. You only get a limited amount of chances against the better teams, especially in Scotland where the officials are against you. You need to take those chances or you get punished.

Michael_Jackson

We were the better team even after the substitution.

We were a better team despite the substitution. i don't want to be too critical is it was evidently an improvement.

With that said, I would like a manager who goes for the kill at home when we are on form and the better team and not one that takes one of our main goal threats off and replaced him with an average midfielder.

We were the better team even after the substitution, we didn't take our chances, they did, that's why we lost.

Quicker people realise that, and I really mean our players here, the better. You only get a limited amount of chances against the better teams, especially in Scotland where the officials are against you. You need to take those chances or you get punished.

Yes but when we find ourselves 2-1 down are we not better equipped to try and get an equaliser with 2 strikers on the pitch. It was a negative sub and unfortunately it's something we see a lot of these days.

Getintaethem

We were a better team despite the substitution. i don't want to be too critical is it was evidently an improvement.

With that said, I would like a manager who goes for the kill at home when we are on form and the better team and not one that takes one of our main goal threats off and replaced him with an average midfielder.

To be honest we didn't have much on the bench with Johnsen not being eligible, maybe Zanatta would have been a better option in hindsight, but when they went to three in midfield we matched them up. I think it was the right thing to do and we were still controlling the game after that.

We lost today because we didn't take our chances, they did, simple as that.

I've been critical of Neilson after the European games, but don't think he done anything wrong today. Let's get some perspective here. Fair enough criticism when it's due, but not today. If we show that application and desire throughout this season we'll do well.

Row 77 stuff. You were no where near Tynecastle today.

Seymour M Hersh

We lost a game we should have won, why are people happy with that? Yes a good performance but one that gets us 0 points. Got to take your chances.

Not sure anyone is saying they're happy we lost but I do think nearly everyone was not expecting us to have a go as we did. Yesterdays performance, if replaced week in week out, is very encouraging. 

I'm not sure yesterday is really worthy of a 'Well Done Robbie, have a pat on the back'.

For me, yesterday is the absolute minimum we should be expecting week in week out. Its closer to the standard we're capable of and its certainly a notable improvement from the European debacle - but i'm not sure its quite worthy of gushing over just yet.

Acceptable performance, but not an extraordinary one.

Bazzas right boot

He lost us the game. Terrible substitutions.

Least he had a go but we should have won that today. Sammon for prince has to go down as a terrible decision.

And I am fully behind Robbie

It's not the reason we lost, poor decision making by our defence at the break away cost us.

Celtic were swamping us in the middle, the change made sense and Sammon was very close to a second yellow.

Decision made perfect sense.

I'm not sure yesterday is really worthy of a 'Well Done Robbie, have a pat on the back'.

For me, yesterday is the absolute minimum we should be expecting week in week out. Its closer to the standard we're capable of and its certainly a notable improvement from the European debacle - but i'm not sure its quite worthy of gushing over just yet.

Absolutely this!!!!

The effort and desire to win from all the players yesterday should be a given from anyone pulling on that jersey!!

I expect to see that every game, home and away.

Was it not Djoum who was already tracking Griffiths? It was Rherras that tore across the pitch and left the gap?

Djoum didn't have the pace to keep up with him. Couldn't bring him down because he had already been booked. If anyone was at fault it was Sinclair's marker.

siegementality

Thanks. You saved me typing this.

Absolutely this!!!!

The effort and desire to win from all the players yesterday should be a given from anyone pulling on that jersey!!

I expect to see that every game, home and away.

Yup. Yesterday should really be the baseline in terms of what we expect from this side.

Go over and above yesterday and then maybe we can talk about 'well done guys - that was excellent'.

Drop below yesterday and that for me puts them back in the firing line again.

Yup. Yesterday should really be the baseline in terms of what we expect from this side.

Go over and above yesterday and then maybe we can talk about 'well done guys - that was excellent'.

Drop below yesterday and that for me puts them back in the firing line again.

Correct :thumbsup:

KineticBeat

That is true.

I think what you are seeing is the surprise / relief that we actually are able to play like that and it's not going to be a season of Infonet / Birkarra performances which I think was a genuine fear for some.

This game showed improvement and encouraging signs from both Robbie and the players and if it wasn't for Leigh ****ing Griffiths we would have walked away with a point or 3

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well done Robbie you lead us to another big game defeat that we should have won.

I'm not a Robbie fan but he did set us up to have a go at them yesterday. Maybe you can argue that the substitutions were poor but overall we done ok nd deserved more fron the game.

The Treasurer

Could those "experts" who are criticising the substitutions give the rest of us the benefit of their superior knowledge as to what changes they would have made, given that both our strikers were out on their feet when they were taken off.

Even then we were left with one striker, two wingers and an attacking midfielder, who was pushed even further forward.

Hardly a formation of a team bottling it or settling for a draw

stirlingshirejambo

Agree tactics much better but if djoum was still playing deep wiuld Sinclair have scored I am not so sure

Think Nicholson should have been subbed today was a mistake to take off sammon

But hey ho hindsight is a beautiful thing

Well played today hearts

Considering Djoum was closest to Griffiths on the break for the goal I'm not sure what your point is re would Celtic have scored had he switched to up front from playing deeper!!!!

Celtic got lucky today, as they often do. We did little wrong, it's sore to come away with nothing.

We had enough in the tank to win that game. On any other day, Armstrong would have been offside and Watt would have scored putting as 1 nil up, if we had, we would have kicked on.

Michael_Jackson

Row 77 stuff. You were no where near Tynecastle today.

Considering I posted on here from my seat I'm sure the mods could help with that one.

Hagar the Horrible

Robbie made a bad replacement call, by taking off a striker and bringing in a holding midfielder to settle for the draw, Brendan Rogers reacted to that by bringing on a pacey forward and taking of a defensive player!  we settle for a draw, they wanted the win, when you settle for a draw you very rarely get that, that's why Robbie needs to go, It was a no braner move by them.

Still at least we had some fight in us,  Celtic wont like coming up against that every week.

Harry Potter

Was not at the game as i was working, what i saw on TV was a good battle from hearts and we deserved at least a draw.

Over the whole game had more shots than Celtic, something we dont normally do against them.

Other teams will suffer big time against us.

The ref was hopeless, how they make that grade is beyond me.

hmfc_liam06

Robbie made a bad replacement call, by taking off a striker and bringing in a holding midfielder to settle for the draw, Brendan Rogers reacted to that by bringing on a pacey forward and taking of a defensive player!  we settle for a draw, they wanted the win, when you settle for a draw you very rarely get that, that's why Robbie needs to go, It was a no braner move by them.

Still at least we had some fight in us,  Celtic wont like coming up against that every week.

Absolute nonsense!!

hmfc_liam06

And to prove how much nonsense...

Buaben on for Sammon on the 78th minute.

Rogic on for O'Connell on the 73rd minute.

In that 5 minute spell Neilson identified that they've gone to a 5 man midfield and he opted to counter that by matching up to stop us from being over run in midfield. We had 2 wingers, Djoum in an advanced midfield position and a striker on the park.

We conceded a goal because we had committed too many men forward and were caught on the break.

Why is that so ****ing hard to get your heads around??

We_are_the_Hearts

They scored from OUR corner. The only criticism is that it's not the first time we have been caught out at our own corners, we need to be more streetwise in these situations.

He brought on Rogic who is hardly a pacy forward. He then took Griffiths off for a defender!!! At least get things right if you want to bash Robbie

Michael_Jackson

Are people genuinely saying that bringing Prince on was not an overly cautious move?

Really?

And to prove how much nonsense...

Buaben on for Sammon on the 78th minute.

Rogic on for O'Connell on the 73rd minute.

In that 5 minute spell Neilson identified that they've gone to a 5 man midfield and he opted to counter that by matching up to stop us from being over run in midfield. We had 2 wingers, Djoum in an advanced midfield position and a striker on the park.

We conceded a goal because we had committed too many men forward and were caught on the break.

Why is that so ******* hard to get your heads around??

At no point after Rogic came on were we getting overrun, we were still in the accendancy even with 2 central midfielders.

Also if Djoum we pushed up to support Muirhead why was he covering the thumb?

Watt asked to come off . Groin issue

Watt didn't ask to come off quite the opposite. Neilson indicted on radio after the game that he protecting Watt who had injury issues last season and was trying to ease him in.

From where I was sitting, Watt really wasnt happy about coming off either. He seemed to be shaking his head in disgust about a minute before his removal.

I personally thought it was a mistake taking him off as he is a bit of a maverick, but exactly the kind of player who will create chances for others and get goals himself.

I think Sammon's better performance was in no small part due to having Watt beside him.

Sammon was much better and more effective but doesn't really look like scoring unfortunately. I would have replaced him first.

I have been really critical of Neilson and his anti-football and wanted his head to roll after the awful end to last season and the European disaster. However my personal bugbear had always been the defensive tactics he had employed, especially awat from home. As long as he sets out the team in a positive manner like yesterday, I will stop asking for him to be removed and will be convinced we can do well this season.

I do however think the substitutions hampered us yesterday and reduced our attacking threat. Neilson goes for the hold time after time and needs to go to for the kill instead.

At no point after Rogic came on were we getting overrun, we were still in the accendancy even with 2 central midfielders.

Djoum had dropped back to cover for our centre pairing who had went up.

hmfc_liam06

Where did I say we were being over run?

I said to stop us from being over run. It doesn't take a genius to work out that at that point in the game, a team going to 5 in the middle with fresh legs is going to eventually take command.

I suggest you watch their goal again, they scored from one of our corners, Djoum was positioned at the edge of the area, therefore the man closest to Griffiths.

We_are_the_Hearts

Watt didn't ask to come off quite the opposite. Neilson indicted on radio after the game that he protecting Watt who had injury issues last season and was trying to ease him in.

From where I was sitting, Watt really wasnt happy about coming off either. He seemed to be shaking his head in disgust about a minute before his removal.

I personally thought it was a mistake taking him off as he is a bit of a maverick, but exactly the kind of player who will create chances for others and get goals himself.

I think Sammon's better performance was in no small part due to having Watt beside him.

Sammon was much better and more effective but doesn't really look like scoring unfortunately. I would have replaced him first.

I have been really critical of Neilson and his anti-football and wanted his head to roll after the awful end to last season and the European disaster. However my personal bugbear had always been the defensive tactics he had employed, especially awat from home. As long as he sets out the team in a positive manner like yesterday, I will stop asking for him to be removed and will be convinced we can do well this season.

I do however think the substitutions hampered us yesterday and reduced our attacking threat. Neilson goes for the hold time after time and needs to go to for the kill instead.

Watt DID ask to come off. Groin issue and doubtful for Wednesday

tokyowalnut

The people complaining about Sammon coming off, were you actually at the game?

Did anyone notice him looking like he was running through mud when he was 1 on 1 with a slow and unfit Toure?! Don't give me he was our main goal threat, he was finished when he came off. As soon as he left the park Djoum immediately moved up and sat on their last defender.

What I didn't see, which frustrated me last season, was a substitution then us sitting in. We went for it right to the end.

Muirhead should've scored at 1-1 and Brown should've been sent off before their goal.

Michael_Jackson

Did anyone notice him looking like he was running through mud when he was 1 on 1 with a slow and unfit Toure?!.

In fairness that's just Conor Sammon. :lol:

Phil Dunphy

It's still really disappointing to think that he deserves credit for actually setting up a team to try and win the game.

As previously said, it's the minimum we should be expecting from every game we play in.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Did anyone notice him looking like he was running through mud when he was 1 on 1 with a slow and unfit Toure?! Don't give me he was our main goal threat, he was finished when he came off. As soon as he left the park Djoum immediately moved up and sat on their last defender.

What I didn't see, which frustrated me last season, was a substitution then us sitting in. We went for it right to the end.

Muirhead should've scored at 1-1 and Brown should've been sent off before their goal.

It is a bit concerning how Sammon seems to have such a poor engine to play for the majority of a game and again makes me question his signing. " Brown should've been sent off before their goal " it seems you could apply that to every time we play them!

Anyway I think we should wait and see how we set up in away games and how we do at places like Hamilton before we heap praise on Robbie.

Didnt you say that if we keep playing like we did in the first half then Neilson deserved credit?

So as far as i could see we did and the sub made no difference at all.

So whats changed ?

What changed?   He took off our main striker and put on a midfield player with 12 minutes to go - all because Celtic changed their formation.

For once why not let them worry about us, and stick with the formation that was gaining us the momentum going in to the last 20 minutes or so?

Pre-season training started over 6 weeks ago - we have played 4 competitive games - so why is Sammon not fit enough to last 90 minutes?

Did Robbie expect him to last 90 minutes - if he didn't, why did he replace Watt who was still full of running?

Djoum is not a striker end of, however we were short of striking options on the bench, so giving Juanma the cold shoulder looked a bit like cutting off your nose to spite our face.

Generic Username

What changed?   He took off our main striker and put on a midfield player with 12 minutes to go - all because Celtic changed their formation.

For once why not let them worry about us, and stick with the formation that was gaining us the momentum going in to the last 20 minutes or so?

And we continued to play the game in their half with Celtic camped in. Buaben wasn't sent on and given orders to instruct the team to sit in to protect our lead. We kept pressing and probing for the winner and got caught on the break.

If we'd genuinely been worried about Celtic we'd have sat on the edge of our box for the last 15 and invited trouble while trying to stave off wave after wave of Celtic attack. The game was absolutely there for the taking but an inability to convert one of our chances and committing bodies to the attack conspired against us.

hmfc_liam06

And we continued to play the game in their half with Celtic camped in. Buaben wasn't sent on and given orders to instruct the team to sit in to protect our lead. We kept pressing and probing for the winner and got caught on the break.

If we'd genuinely been worried about Celtic we'd have sat on the edge of our box for the last 15 and invited trouble while trying to stave off wave after wave of Celtic attack. The game was absolutely there for the taking but an inability to convert one of our chances and committing bodies to the attack conspired against us.

So, you mean to say Robbie changed formation to stop Celtic dominating the midfield AND keep us in the ascendancy? And it worked?

Well I never!

Generic Username

So, you mean to say Robbie changed formation to stop Celtic dominating the midfield AND keep us in the ascendancy? And it worked?

Well I never!

I know. It's almost like we continued to press the game after Celtic scored and created chances to equalize...

There's legitimate gripes to be had about yesterday, but complaining about things that didn't happen is a nonsense.

"HE PUT ON A MIDFIELDER TO PLAY FOR A DRAW!"

That's not even remotely what happened but if that's the frequency some folk are tuned into, then fair enough.

hmfc_liam06

I know. It's almost like we continued to press the game after Celtic scored and created chances to equalize...

There's legitimate gripes to be had about yesterday, but complaining about things that didn't happen is a nonsense.

"HE PUT ON A MIDFIELDER TO PLAY FOR A DRAW!"

That's not even remotely what happened but if that's the frequency some folk are tuned into, then fair enough.

You must have been watching a different game mate, we were camped in our own box the moment Buaben come off the bench...

In all seriousness though. What is clear is that folk are so hell bent on being anti-Neilson, they can't look at any change he makes objectively.

We_are_the_Hearts

You must have been watching a different game mate, we were camped in our own box the moment Buaben come off the bench...

In all seriousness though. What is clear is that folk are so hell bent on being anti-Neilson, they can't look at any change he makes objectively.

I've read some shite on here in the past but this is defo in the Top 5...............

Archived