Well done Robbie

Hampden Demolition

Pasquale Bruno

Well done Brendan Rogers you went 3 at the back. Hard lines Robbie. You went one up front.

No connection between goal and sub, but no way back. Stepped back from being on the front foot to snatch a defeat from the jaws of at least a draw.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brick Tamland

Fantastic performance.

Neilson will be disappointed this evening and rightly so because the players were fantastic today.

Give your all is all I ask.

Spot on

Pasquale Bruno

Spot on

Maybe we need to be a wee bit smarter.

We did not learn from the Euro lesson.

Got sucked in and caught on the break.

Jason Dufner

Shite post.

What part is incorrect? We lost a game we should have won and Neilson is in charge of the team.

It's not shite as everything stated is accurate.

Pasquale Bruno

Spot on

Credit where it is due. We had a go, and could

have won.

Disappointed with the result, but not the effort.

While I agree it was positive I still think we lacked belief at 1-1. I think we were happy to see it out as a draw but if we nicked it, then fair enough was our attitude.

Still think we need more energy and desire to win when it's level, when we're dominating but not really creating.

Only then we'll take the next step mentally.

Perhaps but we can't have it both ways.

People have been screaming for us to play on the front foot with a pressing game like the Aberdeen cup tie. Well we did and it was a belter of an end to end game. One counter attack undid all the good work but this is what fans want to watch. Let's face it, what we witnessed previously was eye bleeding stuff. Well done Robbie. Keep this going and all our home ties will be sell outs.

Perhaps but we can't have it both ways.

People have been screaming for us to play on the front foot with a pressing game like the Aberdeen cup tie. Well we did and it was a belter of an end to end game. One counter attack undid all the good work but this is what fans want to watch. Let's face it, what we witnessed previously was eye bleeding stuff. Well done Robbie. Keep this going and all our home ties will be sell outs.

Part of the smarter aspect comes in at moments like the 2nd goal.

I've now seen it time and again v Celtic when we don't go through the tackle when it's on. Griffiths should've been put in the Wheatfield.

So what if you foul? It's wide and we can get back in and defend in numbers. Feckin naive stuff,it really is.

While I agree it was positive I still think we lacked belief at 1-1. I think we were happy to see it out as a draw but if we nicked it, then fair enough was our attitude.

Still think we need more energy and desire to win when it's level, when we're dominating but not really creating.

This.

Do we have a management team (or fans) who think like that though.

invernessjt

I despair at times.

Celtic went 3-5-2. Sammon was knackered. Neilson decided to match up in midfield.

He absolutely made the right call.

Thank ****, someone who knows football. Totally the way I saw it.

I thought we were great today.

Yes, defensively we looked suspect at times. But we were playing against easily the best attacking team in the country.

We pressed high up the park, showed great energy, determination, and fight. We got men forward and created good scoring opportunities.

Gutted we didn't get a draw. Thought we thoroughly deserved a point. Perhaps a bit of naivety cost us in the end. If Rherras had just fouled Griffiths and taken a yellow card we probably would have got the point.

The most important thing now is to replicate this type of performance every week, starting in Perth on Wednesday night. Get in their faces, play high energy football, and we'll do well.

Really enjoyable game of football even though the result is gutting.

hmfc_liam06

Why was it the right call. Because we would of lost the game if he hadn't?

Because we would have been over run in the middle if he didn't bring on another midfielder - quite simple really.

Outstanding performance. We were the better team by far. Watt'd header from two yards out, Sammon's chance, Muirhead. If we play like this every week we will be 2nd. Will we though?

Debut 4, on 07 Aug 2016 - 5:12 PM, said:

Part of the smarter aspect comes in at moments like the 2nd goal.

I've now seen it time and again v Celtic when we don't go through the tackle when it's on. Griffiths should've been put in the Wheatfield.

So what if you foul? It's wide and we can get back in and defend in numbers. Feckin naive stuff,it really is.

Djoum was already on a booking, had he cleaned Griffiths out...he's off.

Settled for a point on 78 minutes.

Conceded the winner 2 minutes later.

Topper.

Nonsense. No way had we settled for a point.

Shite poster.

FTFY, just one of the many trolls on here that seem to be able to post shite about our club and get away with it

Djoum was already on a booking, had he cleaned Griffiths out...he's off.

Rherras should have made the foul when Djoum handed Griffiths over to him. Naive. Not the end of the world though. I am so heartened by the performance today. Let's keep it up now.

End result was fair and that wasnt because of the manager, it was because the finishing was naive and poor.

that is where I am I think. There is still this 'we are playing celtic' mindset but, overall, can't really fault the players or the manager after this. We were beaten by the referee who bottled out of sending Scott Brown off. Cowie MotM which will upset a few of our 'experts' on here. Sammon played really well in the 1st half but should have done much better when put through on Gordon. Nothing came off for Watt but he should be a great signing for us. Buaben played well when he came on

Finlay James

Top manager who is gradually turning us into a force to be reckoned with.

For anyone needing some perspective, our whole squad cost a fraction of what Celtic just paid for Scott Sinclair, so to be competing at all is a minor miracle.

Well done to Robbie and the lads behind the scenes for haveping us so well drilled.

Djoum chasing Griffiths and leaving a hole for Sinclair cost us the game but you bang on son.

This goal happened because unlike Hearts at corner kicks Celtic always have an out ball Griffiths never enters his own box defending corners and we still had 2 defenders back but still got caught out just watch our team defending corner kicks we have no out ball we defend with every one back and encourage opposing teams on the 18 yard box in saying that thought we played really well today and some of the Refs decisins were downright criminal

tynie chris

Listen "son" I have already stated I am fully behind Robbie I am not one of the phoodle brigade.

I never even mentioned the djoum incident which led to the goal. The threads about Neilson and I felt his subs cost us the game.

The second half we were on top and pressing, then Robbie decides to go for the draw with his subs, when we should have been going for the win, so IMO Robbie did cost us at least one point, but the overall performance is promising.

capital city

Celtic just paid 4 million for the guy who scored their winner. They have better players than us by some distance. But I thought Hearts did all they could and at times it didn't show. They did score 2 decent goals. Rherras could have done better for the first but the second was just good play by them. Don't really see what we could have done to defend it any better. Griffiths was really cute to get the space for the cross. We can't afford these kind of players and that's the difference. They can and they win matches for them. Hearts did all that could be expected. But most times that won't be enough against Celtic.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I despair at times.

Celtic went 3-5-2. Sammon was knackered. Neilson decided to match up in midfield.

This. It might not fit with some posters' agendas, though.

Because we would have been over run in the middle if he didn't bring on another midfielder - quite simple really.

Which would have clearly led to us losing the match, thankfully he erred on the side of caution and we got away a well deserved draw.

Very tight game which could have gone either way. 2 bad goals we lost (is there any other kind of goal) and we cheated a penalty (Walker will be done for it when the compliance bloke sees it) the performance was okay after a worrying start defensively and we coped with them fairly well. For 25 minutes in the second half we actually dominated it and looked ready to go on and win it

I am not going to congratulate Robbie Neilson after a home defeat to any team and if you try to see a game out that you could have went on and won then you better make sure you get the draw. So saying well done is unjustified IMO

But there were some good signs there so I'm not going to overly criticise him either.

Well done for keeping Celtics amazing record against us intact. 16 games without a win against them :lol:

Absolutely, well done for zero points from another big match -

find a way to win or leave.

I despair at times.

And that is one of Robbie's biggest failings, he worries too much about what the opposition does.

Finlay James

And that is one of Robbie's biggest failings, he worries too much about what the opposition does.

Actually, what he done was match up the midfield to keep us in the game. Does the fact that Rodgers went more defensive mean that he has failings too? Is Robbie the only manager that does this?

gowestjambo

If Nicholson and walker had turned up maybe the manager wouldnae be getting pelters

Well said Clerry. They offer nothing in either a defence or attack.

Unfortunately they have stalled in their development, and are a real weakness in the team.

We lost a game we should have won, why are people happy with that? Yes a good performance but one that gets us 0 points. Got to take your chances.

He lost us the game. Terrible substitutions.

Least he had a go but we should have won that today. Sammon for prince has to go down as a terrible decision.

And I am fully behind Robbie

Cmon mate, Robbie deserves a bit of credit today. The result didn't go our way but we at least deserved a point.

Sammon had to come off, he has one challenge away from a red, when you look at our bench you realise why we won't be finishing top 2 this season IMO. There is very little depth at all to our squad. I really hope there is maybe another 2 signings to come in before the end of the window

He's got the first 7 or 8 games to improve results in my view.

Definitely an improved performance though.

This where I'm at with it all.

The second half we were on top and pressing, then Robbie decides to go for the draw with his subs, when we should have been going for the win, so IMO Robbie did cost us at least one point, but the overall performance is promising.

Who else could be really have brought on at that point though? Possibly Zanatta, but let's be honest he didn't have too many options to choose from. Bringing on Bauben didn't cost us the game, they scored from a counter attack.

Rhyerras was culpable at both goals for me.

hmfc_liam06

And on this occasion had every right to be concerned, Rodgers made a very bold, attacking change. Neilson tried to counter. But in my opinion the tactical change had nothing to do with losing today.

Well lets face it not many people would have given us a chance of beating them but at least Robbie set the team up to attack them.

If we had been able to finish off properly we had more chances than them to win the game.

Watt's header in the first half, Sammon and Muirhead in the second half were all good chances squandered.

The only slight downside for me was that Nicholsona and Walker played the full 90 minutes and neither did much to warrant that in my opinion.

I would have liked to have possibly seen Zanatta given a run for maybe the last 15 minutes or so.

Good on Robbie though for having a go much rather lose this way than setting up not to lose and doing so anyway.

We lost a game we should have won, why are people happy with that? Yes a good performance but one that gets us 0 points. Got to take your chances.

Gradual progress being made. Reminds me a bit of the 1-0 Aberdeen mcghee handball last year. Totally gutted, but don't think we're far away from beating them.

Cowie was great today. Can't fault any player. Want Nicholson + Watt to run at the opposition more - feel we've lacked this penetration since Sow left.

I don't think any Hearts supporter worth their salt is happy with any defeat but there was enough today to take something out of that game. The hooped demons are devastating on the break, let's agree with that and , bar that breakaway we should have taken at least a point.

Didn't happen of course but today is not one where I can criticise the effort of the team. If we were to analyse every chance that didn't go in we'd be here all day arguing.

We had a go and unfortunately were sucker punched.....it happens.

Suddenly it is a rout

Genuinely have a hatred for our own fans of late. Robbie made subs that lost us the game? Are you clinically stupid or just hate him that much? Watt was burst at halftime I'm amazed he battled until he was taken off, Sammon was also done as was evident when clean through past Kolo Caravan and was too tired to shoot. Arguably we had more of the ball and better opportunities when Djoum got pushed up front after. Great performance let down by an offside goal and a breakaway.

Sick of this negative agenda by a group of methadone enthusiasts that have been lost in space since Robbos closed.

Gradual progress being made. Reminds me a bit of the 1-0 Aberdeen mcghee handball last year. Totally gutted, but don't think we're far away from beating them.

Cowie was great today. Can't fault any player. Want Nicholson + Watt to run at the opposition more - feel we've lacked this penetration since Sow left.

I agree I just struggle to be positive. Another game to add to the list where we have failed to beat Celtic. Onwards and upwards though..

Genuinely have a hatred for our own fans of late. Robbie made subs that lost us the game? Are you clinically stupid or just hate him that much? Watt was burst at halftime I'm amazed he battled until he was taken off, Sammon was also done as was evident when clean through past Kolo Caravan and was too tired to shoot. Arguably we had more of the ball and better opportunities when Djoum got pushed up front after. Great performance let down by an offside goal and a breakaway.

Sick of this negative agenda by a group of methadone enthusiasts that have been lost in space since Robbos closed.

Too tired to shoot? Is that his excuse for a poor touch to take him wide of the goal to an angle he was never scoring from? He should have run down the middle, if he is fouled it's a red and he would have had the whole goal to aim for.

Shooter McGavin

Credit where credits due, Can't ask for much more from the team today. Came out with the right mindset and attitude. Hopefully this is the start of more performances like that.

jamboinglasgow

I cant be the only one who cant understand this idea that Robbie shat it? We kept attacking for 90 mins, caught out from a counter attack from a corner.

Was impressed with the team and some great performances. Robbie set us up well and on another day we could have won that game. Sadly in football when you are trying to beat a team who is much better sometimes they get the finishing.

Robbie must go. Shld have packed midfield and defence frm start. Or maybe he shld have played 3 up top.....

Really only complaint is we were a tad naive at both goals , Forrest shld have been fouled as Griffiths shld have whe he broke b4 the 2nd . That's what cost us

Suddenly it is a rout

Too tired to shoot? Is that his excuse for a poor touch to take him wide of the goal to an angle he was never scoring from? He should have run down the middle, if he is fouled it's a red and he would have had the whole goal to aim for.

I don't care what happened with Sammon, my point was plain and simple that the subs did not cost the game and it was not Neilson that caused our demise.

Clerry Jambo

Well said Clerry. They offer nothing in either a defence or attack.

Unfortunately they have stalled in their development, and are a real weakness in the team.

I like Walker, has a bit class when on his game and will be a big player for us

Nicholson is another matter...been awful for a while now and totally shat it on a number of occasions

Archived