The Working Class

Adi Dassler

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have quite strong views on people who are on benefits and disabilty.

Benefits - Can't find a job within 6 months, benefit halved. Can't find a job within a year, no benefit at all. That'll get them moving.

Disablity. Every 6 months a health check to see if you are fit to work. Just because you're in a wheel chair doesn't mean you can't work in an office.

The government are far too leniant on people who don't want to work. It's a disgrace that our tax money supports them.

On a side note, people who didn't pay National Insurance getting a pension, that should be changed too. You don't contribute, you get nothing back.

Once you have been out of work for 6 months contribution based JSA stops. It does'nt matter if you want to work but no one will employ you because of age or lack of ability. The only way you get any money is if you have absolutely no money to live on. Are you suggesting that we should leave people to starve simply because no one will give them a job?. I am job hunting at the moment and would jump at the chance of a job as long as I was capable of doing the work required but the idea that you go along to the Job Centre and they will get you a job straight away is not true .Finding work nowadays takes time and effort probobly more effort than actually working.

FWIW I am unemployed at the moment and because I have savings I get NOTHING so I get a bit cheesed off when people start spouting P*** about a subject that they know nothing about.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Once you have been out of work for 6 months contribution based JSA stops. It does'nt matter if you want to work but no one will employ you because of age or lack of ability. The only way you get any money is if you have absolutely no money to live on. Are you suggesting that we should leave people to starve simply because no one will give them a job?. I am job hunting at the moment and would jump at the chance of a job as long as I was capable of doing the work required but the idea that you go along to the Job Centre and they will get you a job straight away is not true .Finding work nowadays takes time and effort probobly more effort than actually working.

FWIW I am unemployed at the moment and because I have savings I get NOTHING so I get a bit cheesed off when people start spouting P*** about a subject that they know nothing about.

Sorry, i dont buy that, do you look for work 8+ hours per day?

Are you looking for something specific? If not there are many jobs available, you choose not to do them for one reason or another.

Eh I have pointed it out already about 3 times. I will do it again.

(1)You post something offensive and vile about a TIM, HUN, Hobo or Vlad = All fine.

(2)You post something offensive and vile about something else = all hell breaks loose.

Can you not at least agree that is 'inconsistent'.................:wacko:

And what is with this whole 'retraction' nonsense :eek:

I said something and I don't have a problem with it. If others do then that is their issue, not mine. If they can't work out when someone is being literal or not then they need help, not me.

Jeez, it is like a ****ing Perry Mason court case in this place.

But where's the inconsistency? Where are the posts advocating the gassing of Huns, Tims, Hobos or Vlad? That's the difference between those posts and what you said.

And stop flip-flopping. You said something and you do have a problem with it. You squirmed and backtracked on the mass murder bit, and I reckon you'll get around to admitting that your approval of Adolf Hitler was wrong at some point. Of course, if you want to continue to express admiration for the man that's entirely a matter for you. ;)

Are you looking for something specific? If not there are many jobs available, you choose not to do them for one reason or another.

Theres plenty work out there , in fact i'm looking for a seasonal gardener, no experience required, to work full or part time over the summer. Any takers?

I dont give a toss if you buy that or not ITS TRUE I have been on computer courses ,confidence building courses, job seekers workshops and filled in lots of application forms had interviews, been promised jobs only to be left disappointed when medicals have taken months to complete and employers have got fed up waiting for medical results. In addition to the dozens and dozens of ignorant employers who dont even bother replying to letters of application. However I am hopeful of starting a part time job soon with EDC the only trouble is that you have got to wait for a medical assesment and disclosure documents to come through before they will confirm that I have got the job and as it was EDC that messed me about for three months previously I am not counting my chickens just yet. What I am saying is that there is so much red tape and H&S proceedures to get through with organizations these days is it any wonder that some people just give up. Do you honestly believe that I would be sitting at home watching my savings that I have taken 30 years to aquire disappear month by month if I had any choice ?

Guest S.U.S.S.
I dont give a toss if you buy that or not ITS TRUE I have been on computer courses ,confidence building courses, job seekers workshops and filled in lots of application forms had interviews, been promised jobs only to be left disappointed when medicals have taken months to complete and employers have got fed up waiting for medical results. In addition to the dozens and dozens of ignorant employers who dont even bother replying to letters of application. However I am hopeful of starting a part time job soon with EDC the only trouble is that you have got to wait for a medical assesment and disclosure documents to come through before they will confirm that I have got the job and as it was EDC that messed me about for three months previously I am not counting my chickens just yet. What I am saying is that there is so much red tape and H&S proceedures to get through with organizations these days is it any wonder that some people just give up. Do you honestly believe that I would be sitting at home watching my savings that I have taken 30 years to aquire disappear month by month if I had any choice ?

then why not take another job without all the red tape until you get one of the jobs you want?

then why not take another job without all the red tape until you get one of the jobs you want?

Are you for real ?

You can only take a job that somebody is prepared to give you.

I am going to leave it here but I'll be charitable and say I hope you never end up in my predicament. I used to have exactly the same attitude as yourself.

CC is talking about exterminating the

Jobless

Educationless

Wayward

Subhumans

OMG!

Ur a bad man CC.

isn't he describing our leith irish friends there?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Are you for real ?

You can only take a job that somebody is prepared to give you.

I am going to leave it here but I'll be charitable and say I hope you never end up in my predicament. I used to have exactly the same attitude as yourself.

Im not having a go at you, simply stating there are jobs that dont require experience, qualifications or medicals. Take one of them, that way while you wait on the job you want, you wont eat into your savings.

Good luck with the job hunting.

Im not having a go at you, simply stating there are jobs that dont require experience, qualifications or medicals. Take one of them, that way while you wait on the job you want, you wont eat into your savings.

Good luck with the job hunting.

I've just offered one in a previous post,but no takers as of yet.

Ray Winstone

There are only two classes of people these days.

Chavs and the rest.

Chavs dont give a **** about other people or their surrounding environment.

The rest - hate chavs.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I've just offered one in a previous post,but no takers as of yet.

Perhaps you need to sweeten the deal, 50k per year, hours to suit, company car, full private medical, maybe that will sweeten the deal!;)

Ray Winstone
Perhaps you need to sweeten the deal, 50k per year, hours to suit, company car, full private medical, maybe that will sweeten the deal!;)

You get some dungarees, a beaten up van and a pitch fork.

You get some dungarees, a beaten up van and a pitch fork.

Not just dungarees but GREEN dungarees , anyone:)

Ray Winstone
Not just dungarees but GREEN dungarees , anyone:)

Try a Lesbian forum or something - they like dungarees.

Are you in competition with Hunters gardening services?

Have you heard of them?

Try a Lesbian forum or something - they like dungarees.

Are you in competition with Hunters gardening services?

Have you heard of them?

Yes have heard of them and you could probably say we i am in competition with them as we are both based in the same area of Edinburgh.

As for the lesbian forum , i am on lesbian websites on a daily basis,does that count?

Ray Winstone
Yes have heard of them and you could probably say we i am in competition with them as we are both based in the same area of Edinburgh.

Nightmare - they have got a bit of a monopoly going on in Edinburgh - you should see the house they guy who started them stays in!

A lot of money in that buisness if you get it right - I am just too lazy to do gardening.

70's Throwback
But where's the inconsistency? Where are the posts advocating the gassing of Huns, Tims, Hobos or Vlad? That's the difference between those posts and what you said.

And stop flip-flopping. You said something and you do have a problem with it. You squirmed and backtracked on the mass murder bit, and I reckon you'll get around to admitting that your approval of Adolf Hitler was wrong at some point. Of course, if you want to continue to express admiration for the man that's entirely a matter for you. ;)

Spot on.....I wouldn't hold my breath regarding him backtracking though! ;)

Nightmare - they have got a bit of a monopoly going on in Edinburgh - you should see the house they guy who started them stays in!

A lot of money in that buisness if you get it right - I am just too lazy to do gardening.

I get most of my work from a factor and the majority of developments i get are outside Edinburgh(livi/bathgate,lithgo) so not really that fussed and i've got more work than i can handle ,hence the genuine cry for a full or part time gardener for the summer,anyone:pray:

It is very difficult to design a benefits and tax structure to get the right incentives for people to move off benefits and into work. Particularly if they have children. With taxation rates as high as they are in the UK - why would people work many hours just to get the same net income?

We have Gordon Brown boasting how he has taken so many children out of 'poverty' through his tax credits system. Of course this is just state subsidy for low paid jobs. And bureaucratically cumbersome. And of course the idea of 'poverty' itself has become lost with the idea of 'relative poverty'. If the bottom 30% are in 'relative poverty' there will always be people in poverty. So Gordon Brown can continue to create the state machinery/bureaucracy to keep people in poverty/deal with poverty. And we all end up impoverished as a result!

I think that the old working class/middle class definitions have lost their usefulness. But the 'underclass' one has not. Who will create the incentives there? If 3 or 4 generations now have never worked - that becomes the norm. Hard to break out of that.

.C.C I am sure you and I conflicted one time about Kelowna, we found common ground and I see you as a pretty good guy, you are in a wee bit of a pocket right now, I can't really help but I am still wth you.:calm:

The Real Maroonblood
.C.C I am sure you and I conflicted one time about Kelowna, we found common ground and I see you as a pretty good guy, you are in a wee bit of a pocket right now, I can't really help but I am still wth you.:calm:

Bob I bet you remember when you used to walk the beat.

What ever happened to this part of the job?. It just doesn't seem to exsist now a days.

Boaby Ewing

You know what I can't stand - people who continue to scrounge off their parents when they can clearly afford to rent or buy their own place.

They're just a teet-fed underclass.

Their parents would be better off without them etc. etc.

SL, my beautiful wife and I still live that way, and manage to provide a fairly reasonable standard of living for our family - we both work, with no real benefits or bonuses - so instead of whining, we kind of get on with life.:cool::cool:

Working class - if we all work for the dosh then we are all working class. OK you can be high earners and pretend you are not working class but at the end of the day that is what we all are!

The Real Maroonblood
You know what I can't stand - people who continue to scrounge off their parents when they can clearly afford to rent or buy their own place.

They're just a teet-fed underclass.

Their parents would be better off without them etc. etc.

When they go out the door change the locks.

Miller Jambo 60
Uly, you should change that, i got an infraction for calling someone an idiot. As admin are you above the power of the mods?;)

Have worked my jambo aerse off for 32 years and was ill last year which led to my dismissal by the NHS.

Even though the work was being shut down (thankyou A KERR you labour Tube)

Signed on for 6 weeks only getting MY YES MY money back for National insurance con.

Last 3 weeks working for min wage 5.52 hour in a sweat shop 4am to 9am no shift premium and no breaks.

Start new job mon with the council on the roads, thought my xmas had come early.

Dougstar ex labour SNP Rule:mad:

Guest S.U.S.S.
Have worked my jambo aerse off for 32 years and was ill last year which led to my dismissal by the NHS.

Even though the work was being shut down (thankyou A KERR you labour Tube)

Signed on for 6 weeks only getting MY YES MY money back for National insurance con.

Last 3 weeks working for min wage 5.52 hour in a sweat shop 4am to 9am no shift premium and no breaks.

Start new job mon with the council on the roads, thought my xmas had come early.

Dougstar ex labour SNP Rule:mad:

Thats the attitude we can all respect, do what you have to till something better comes along.

Well done that man!

cosanostra
Thats the attitude we can all respect, do what you have to till something better comes along.

Well done that man!

And an SNP conversion as well.

Well done Doug!! :)

Guest S.U.S.S.
And an SNP conversion as well.

Well done Doug!! :)

Who cares about his politics, its his attitude to work being discussed, not everything has to become SNP related.

cosanostra
CC Backtracks and decides to vote SNP after seeing their latest poster!

[ATTACH]584[/ATTACH]

Who cares about his politics, its his attitude to **** being discussed, not everything has to become SNP related.

:wacko:

Guest S.U.S.S.
Who cares about his politics, its his attitude to **** being discussed, not everything has to become SNP related.

:wacko:

Do you ever add something to this board?

Or is all you do come on to try and ruin threads?

cosanostra
Do you ever add something to this board?

Or is all you do come on to try and ruin threads?

I contribute quite a lot actually.

As well as co-running the forum, i've been a member since 1997.

What is it that you add again?

Guest S.U.S.S.
I contribute quite a lot actually.

As well as co-running the forum, i've been a member since 1997.

What is it that you add again?

Wow, that can leave much time to DJ kids parties!

Perhaps take some time out of running it and contribute to the threads rather than snipe at other posters.

davemclaren

CC has backtracked a wee bit on here and tried to obfuscate what he originally said behind counter allegations etc... As he says himself on many occasions, honesty and admission that you were not correct is the best policy and earns you most respect.

If he really meant that genocide is appropriate in some circumstances then he should clearly say so otherwise admit that he was a bit loose with his words on this occasion and move on.

He may be the most intense and obsessive person around re mortgages and house values but I find it hard to believe he really meant to say what he did.

Terrible Trio

I have always wanted to work in a sweetie shop

Did you get plenty of freebies

Guest S.U.S.S.
CC has backtracked a wee bit on here and tried to obfuscate what he originally said behind counter allegations etc... As he says himself on many occasions, honesty and admission that you were not correct is the best policy and earns you most respect.

If he really meant that genocide is appropriate in some circumstances then he should clearly say so otherwise admit that he was a bit loose with his words on this occasion and move on.

He may be the most intense and obsessive person around re mortgages and house values but I find it hard to believe he really meant to say what he did.

You dont know him that well Dave, KB CC is a moderate version of the beast that is real live CC.

He is a beer swilling boot sniffing monster!;)

Gigolo-Aunt

Bit of an uncalled for cheap shot, S.U.S.S.

Cosa is a well recpected chap on the Glasgow Club night scene.

cosanostra

Perhaps take some time out of running it and contribute to the threads rather than snipe at other posters.

Oh dear.

You say I snipe at posters and then once again take a swipe at me.

davemclaren
You dont know him that well Dave, KB CC is a moderate version of the beast that is real live CC.

He is a beer swilling boot sniffing monster!;)

Scary. :wacko:

Guest S.U.S.S.
Oh dear.

You say I snipe at posters and then once again take a swipe at me.

Yawn, fair enough, simply drag this into an SNP debate, go for it.

And please dont pretend you dont do more than your fair share of sniping!:)

Miller Jambo 60

Cmon guys ffs let it rest,thought i was the main moaner.

what is it about these threads that cuases grenades to go off left right and centre? And that was a question not a political snipe

cosanostra

Sorry, but you mentioned SNP way before I did in this thread.

In fact, a couple of posters did but you chose to attack me for it.

Strange that.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Cmon guys ffs let it rest,thought i was the main moaner.

Your right bud, some decide to manoeuvre threads to suit their own ends, he obviously needed some attention this morning. I wonder where CC is this morning, perhaps construction his next KB bombshell to split the board.;)

Guest S.U.S.S.
Sorry, but you mentioned SNP way before I did in this thread.

In fact, a couple of posters did but you chose to attack me for it.

Strange that.

Yes, i did, as it was pertinent to either the point i was making or to get under CC skin as i know he loves them. Your reference had nothing to do with the point you were making, unless you seem to believe that those that vote SNP have a better work ethic than those that dont.

Go figure.

Guest S.U.S.S.
what is it about these threads that cuases grenades to go off left right and centre? And that was a question not a political snipe

CC brought a supply of hand grenades home from his last trip abroad, think they are coming to their use by date she he decided to chuck a few on here!;)

cosanostra
Yes, i did, as it was pertinent to either the point i was making or to get under CC skin as i know he loves them. Your reference had nothing to do with the point you were making, unless you seem to believe that those that vote SNP have a better work ethic than those that dont.

Go figure.

I was merely congratulating a fellow kickbacker on his political change of heart.

If you want to read more into than that then that's up to you.

This is boring me now so i'll let it drop.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I was merely congratulating a fellow kickbacker on his political change of heart.

If you want to read more into than that then that's up to you.

This is boring me now so i'll let it drop.

Perhaps you were, why you chose this thread for it is a reason known only to you.

oh, you'll let it drop, how benevolent of you massa!

Have a nice Sunday

Archived