The Working Class

Adi Dassler

Oh the hypocrisy of someone trying to take the moral high ground...........:rolleyes:

Am I not allowed my opinions ? I think **** should be disposed of. If you have a problem with that then fine. THAT IS YOUR RIGHT. THAT IS YOUR OPINION.

I am not telling you how to think.

You are telling me how to think.

Your abuse is really quite a poor show. As an administrator of this site I imagine most people would expect you to rise above that sort of thing. Clearly not.

"I will respect everyone else's opinions as long as they agree with my own"

Motto of Moral Highground Utd..

I have to say that I think the hypocrisy is all comming from you sir saying that freedom of speech allows you to advocate gassing of humans is way beyond the pale. Asking you to retract such a statement and to think of what you have said is not the same as telling you how to think

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tom Heaney
Asking you to retract such a statement and to think of what you have said is not the same as telling you how to think

I have to say Keith, its more like him getting a second chance to save himself from a spell on the sidelines

Terrible Trio
All I will say for myself is that in 1990 I once walked 10 miles to round every agency looking for work. I found a job in a bakery for ?2.50 an hour. I then walked the 10 miles back home.

Bet you got a good pockle though ;)

Bet you got a good pockle though ;)

Probably made a lot of dough. :)

PresidentRomanov
bit bread on the side

Everyone has to earn a crust :)

coppercrutch
I have to say that I think the hypocrisy is all comming from you sir saying that freedom of speech allows you to advocate gassing of humans is way beyond the pale. Asking you to retract such a statement and to think of what you have said is not the same as telling you how to think

I would have to disagree. I think some people are getting a little above themselves here. This is a football chat forum. Not the High Court....

Retracting statements....:eek:

Give me a break.

I have heard some completely out of order comments on this site TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

Usually directed at the fans of Hibs, Celtic and Rangers. People saying all sorts of abusive and out of order things simply because of what football team a person supports.

I don't see Ulysess or other members of Moral High Ground Utd asking for these statements to be 'retracted'.

Why is that ? Is it 'allowed' to be overly vile and abusive as long as it is towards the 'right' people......

Hypocrisy. Pure and simple.

Why is that ? Is it 'allowed' to be overly vile and abusive as long as it is towards the 'right' people......

Do you honestly think in a civilised society it would be in order to gas all those you class as underlings.?

60 years ago you would have been at Nuremberg.

I have to say Keith, its more like him getting a second chance to save himself from a spell on the sidelines

Yes I am sure there is that as a side issue as well but to claim that he is being told how to think is is being disingenous (sic) to say the least

Terrible Trio

Can we get back to the puns please

All this bickering goes right against the grain

coppercrutch
Do you honestly think in a civilised society it would be in order to gas all those you class as underlings.?

Do you honestly think in a civilised society it would be in order to describe people as junkies, AIDS victims, kneedle sharers, ****** and reptiles simply because of the football team they support....

Next....:rolleyes:

Terrible Trio
Do you honestly think in a civilised society it would be in order to describe people as junkies, AIDS victims, kneedle sharers, ****** and reptiles simply because of the football team they support....

yes - next :rolleyes:

coppercrutch
Yes I am sure there is that as a side issue as well but to claim that he is being told how to think is is being disingenous (sic) to say the least

I made a statement. I was then told I was to 'retract' that statement because someone else did not like it.

So yes you are right. I am being told what to WRITE rather than being told what to THINK.

Apologies......:)

I would have to disagree. I think some people are getting a little above themselves here. This is a football chat forum Not the High Court.....

Retracting statements....:eek:

Give me a break.

I have heard some completely out of order comments on this site TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

Usually directed at the fans of Hibs, Celtic and Rangers. People saying all sorts of abusive and out of order things simply because of what football team a person supports.

I don't see Ulysess or other members of Moral High Ground Utd asking for these statements to be 'retracted'.

nor is it the place to be spouting such bile. I think it is perfectly correct and proper to ask you to reconsider and hypocritical of you to try and take umbrage by moving the arguement away from your original post onto a debate about other posts/ers. Two wrongs don't make a right and to go back to the football banter it is like to gruesome twosomes raison d'etre "we may be vile but we are not as vile as Rankers/sellick* supporters are"

* delete as appropriate

Next....:rolleyes:

You answer my question first, then I will do you the courtesy and answer yours.

I made a statement. I was then told I was to 'retract' that statement because someone else did not like it.

So yes you are right. I am being told what to WRITE rather than being told what to THINK.

Apologies......:)

If and it is a big IF it was only objectionable to a single person you just might have had a point but that is clearly not the case in this instance. thanks for your apology but to be pedantic you are not being told what to write either.

coppercrutch
If and it is a big IF it was only objectionable to a single person you just might have had a point but that is clearly not the case in this instance. thanks for your apology but to be pedantic you are not being told what to write either.

Sure..............:wacko:

coppercrutch

60 years ago you would have been at Nuremberg.

You answer my question first, then I will do you the courtesy and answer yours.

Would not agree with it in general. If it happened I wouldn't be too bothered.

These people do not want to be part of society. So why should we have to put up with and PAY for them...

coppercrutch
nor is it the place to be spouting such bile. I think it is perfectly correct and proper to ask you to reconsider and hypocritical of you to try and take umbrage by moving the arguement away from your original post onto a debate about other posts/ers. Two wrongs don't make a right and to go back to the football banter it is like to gruesome twosomes raison d'etre "we may be vile but we are not as vile as Rankers/sellick* supporters are"

* delete as appropriate

So what do you think of others spouting similar bile when it comes to the likes of Romanov, Hibs fans. etc...

If you don't mind that you are a hypocrite. FACT.

WW2 was already started when Churchill came to power.

I knnow but it still saved his career

I am old enough to remember when there was in fact an us and them. I know in my time for example, being from a working class family there was no motivation for me to consider a University education. The first being financially improbable, the second that I don't think my background would have satisfied the persons in authority.

I actually didn't mind the upper classes, they were the old money that is born into a circumstance and knew nothing else, just like myself at the other end.

What I did take offence to, which I met in later life were those of the working classes who aspired to thinking because of salary or position they were now upper class and denied in every sense of the word their working class beginnings.

A teacher once called my mother to Preston Street School. For whatever reason she had asked us to describe our family. I believe I was about six, my response which became a short term thing of legend hence the call to my mother was "poor but clean". Sort of said it all for the times. Because finances were short, cleanliness and pride did not have to be forsaken.

So what do you think of others spouting similar bile when it comes to the likes of Romanov, Hibs fans. etc...

If you don't mind that you are a hypocrite. FACT.

You just don't get it do you. I have told you what I think politely and as calmly as I could muster but you seem more determined to entrench your position and defend it rather than read what is said.

I am not telling you how to think.

You are telling me how to think.

[/b][/u].

You can think in any way you like - even a way that is both morally repugnant and monumentally stupid. But I reserve my right to say just how repugnant and stupid you are. While it is obvious that you lack the kind of self-awareness I'd expect to see in a rational adult, I'm hopeful that you have enough knowledge to understand just how evil a thing you said.

If you don't, that's fine. Just be aware that you should expect reasoned and honourable people to treat your position with the contempt it deserves.

coppercrutch
You can think in any way you like - even a way that is both morally repugnant and monumentally stupid. But I reserve my right to say just how repugnant and stupid you are. While it is obvious that you lack the kind of self-awareness I'd expect to see in a rational adult, I'm hopeful that you have enough knowledge to understand just how evil a thing you said.

If you don't, that's fine. Just be aware that you should expect reasoned and honourable people to treat your position with the contempt it deserves.

Fine. That is your right. Would be nice if you could also say that it is my right to say what I wish, whether you agree with it or not.

Asking someone to 'retract a statement' is quite laughable in my opinion.

Unless you are some sort of God then you do not have this right. I will say what I like. That is my right, that is my opinion. I despise **** and the World would be a better place without them. Why people find that view so 'evil' does amaze me.

If you don't like it - I frankly could not give a flying ****.

coppercrutch
But I reserve my right to say just how repugnant and stupid you are.

General Posting Rules:

1. Always treat fellow members with respect and courtesy.

2. No posting of vulgar or obscene material, or other inappropriate material.

3. Do not post any picture, comment, or link that could be considered offensive by normal standards of society.

4. A profanity checker is employed to reduce the volume of swearing on the board. Do not bypass the checker through the use of ‘coded’ profanity.

5. No derogatory or abusive comments against other posters, including slurs based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your rules. Not mine.

Good day. ;)

Denny Crane
I don't class people on where they come from or what they work as. Some of the sharpest people out there are builders etc.. and some of the dumbest ***** work in 'high flying' jobs.

I just hate ****. **** can come from any background, from Niddrie to Ravelston.

Of course you get more **** in places like Niddrie but you also get decent people there.

I think this is about 'us' and 'them'.

'Us' being people who work and are happy to look after themselves. But are aware that there is a safety net in place that we can use if we DESPERATELY need it.

'Them' being those parasites who do not want to work. They take advantage of every benefit going just to carry on their pathetic existence of a non-working lazy, selfish lifestyle.

Hitler had the right idea, just the wrong people. I would quite happily support the rounding up and mass gassing of ****. Harsh but true. They add nothing to this world. They have no point in existing. They may as well be disposed of.

I suspect Martin Bormann has got fed up of hiding in Paraguay and revealed himself on kickback!

coppercrutch
I suspect Martin Bormann has got fed up of hiding in Paraguay and revealed himself on kickback!

Never heard of him before. Wikipedia is a wonderful thing however !!

Interesting chap....:eek:

I am amazed by the reaction to this BTW.

Most people I know hate **** too.

They would be delighted if they woke up one day - to find out they had all disappeared...

Fine. That is your right. Would be nice if you could also say that it is my right to say what I wish, whether you agree with it or not.

Asking someone to 'retract a statement' is quite laughable in my opinion.

Unless you are some sort of God then you do not have this right. I will say what I like. That is my right, that is my opinion. I despise **** and the World would be a better place without them. Why people find that view so 'evil' does amaze me.

If you don't like it - I frankly could not give a flying ****.

Of course you can say what you want. If I wanted to censor you I wouldn't get into an argument, I'd just play "god" and make your post disappear.

But you said Hitler was right, and you called for people to be killed.

I know that you're now caught in a bit of a bind and have to try to defend yourself, but surely even you can see how your comment is both morally indefensible and a very silly thing to say. If you aren't big enough to admit that, far be it from me to drag you out of the hole into which you have dug yourself.

Having said that, I have to say that you are quite right to point out that I shouldn't have referred to you as morally repugnant and monumentally stupid. What you said was morally repugnant and monumentally stupid, and of course I should have confined myself to saying that. So I retract my personal remark and apologise for it.

General Posting Rules:

1. Always treat fellow members with respect and courtesy.

2. No posting of vulgar or obscene material, or other inappropriate material.

3. Do not post any picture, comment, or link that could be considered offensive by normal standards of society.

4. A profanity checker is employed to reduce the volume of swearing on the board. Do not bypass the checker through the use of ?coded? profanity.

5. No derogatory or abusive comments against other posters, including slurs based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are back to the two wrongs don't make a right position again. you are not absolved by selectively quoting the rules and certainly well on the road to alienating yourself on here.

coppercrutch
Of course you can say what you want. If I wanted to censor you I wouldn't get into an argument, I'd just play "god" and make your post disappear.

But you said Hitler was right, and you called for people to be killed.

I know that you're now caught in a bit of a bind and have to try to defend yourself, but surely even you can see how your comment is both morally indefensible and a very silly thing to say. If you aren't big enough to admit that, far be it from me to drag you out of the hole into which you have dug yourself.

Having said that, I have to say that you are quite right to point out that I shouldn't have referred to you as morally repugnant and monumentally stupid. What you said was morally repugnant and monumentally stupid, and of course I should have confined myself to saying that. So I retract my personal remark and apologise for it.

I said Hitler had the right idea. Slightly different.

And my call for people to be killed was a little tongue in cheek. I thought people would have worked that out............;)

I am just pointing out the regular inconsistencies on this site. Posters are free to say seriously offensive and evil things all the time.....but only as long as it is against the "right" people (Vlad, Hobos, Huns & Tims).

As for your second point no need. I can take the abuse !!

Anyway back to the main point of this post. I don't think there is such a difference between 'classes' these days. Many people of 'working class' earn far better money and lead better lives than those in 'white colour' jobs.

This country is goosed anyway. I would leave if I could work out where to go....

Guest S.U.S.S.

Uly, you should change that, i got an infraction for calling someone an idiot. As admin are you above the power of the mods?;)

Guest S.U.S.S.

And my call for people to be killed was a little tongue in cheek. I thought people would have worked that out............;)

I am just pointing out the regular inconsistencies on this site. Posters are free to say seriously offensive and evil things all the time.....but only as long as it is against the "right" people (Vlad, Hobos, Huns & Tims).

Anyway back to the main point of this post. I don't think there is such a difference between 'classes' these days. Many people of 'working class' earn far better money and lead better lives than those in 'white colour' jobs.

This country is goosed anyway. I would leave if I could work out where to go....

In this you are very correct, if your one of the "good" posters it seems you get away with posting abuse to those viewed as "controversial"

coppercrutch
We are back to the two wrongs don't make a right position again. you are not absolved by selectively quoting the rules and certainly well on the road to alienating yourself on here.

Yes but I am not the one sitting here....

moral-tag-graffiti-manhattan-nyc.jpg

hilltop.JPG

chester copperpot
In this you are very correct, if your one of the "good" posters it seems you get away with posting abuse to those viewed as "controversial"

Your avatar is the dugs mate.

PMSL at it, first time I've noticed.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Yes but I am not the one sitting here....

moral-tag-graffiti-manhattan-nyc.jpg

hilltop.JPG

Looks like CC has managed to work out how to use photo bucket!;)

Uly, you should change that, i got an infraction for calling someone an idiot. As admin are you above the power of the mods?;)

Then I suggest you don't call someone an idiot in future. For the record, I've both apologised for the remark and drawn the attention of the moderators to it.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Your avatar is the dugs mate.

PMSL at it, first time I've noticed.

They claimed it was gateau above his lip and he was simply waving to his aunt. I knew better!;)

coppercrutch
Looks like CC has managed to work out how to use photo bucket!;)

Nah just trusty Google images. They have everything on there........:eek:

Guest S.U.S.S.
Nah just trusty Google images. They have everything on there........:eek:

Im betting you dont use safe search as you want all the bad images!;)

Guest S.U.S.S.

To be fair, i dont blame CC for his views, i blame his parents, look at the toys he was bought as a child!

bob_Hitler_thumb.jpg

No it isn't. His idea was the slaughter of people on an industrial scale. That's wrong, evil and uncivilised. So Hitler had the wrong idea, and I honestly don't think that's a difficult concept to understand or endorse.

If you say so, though you only used that to try to squirm out of your original position when you quite rightly came under fire from a couple of sensible posters.

There's no inconsistency in my position. You said Hitler was right, and you called for people to be killed (your subsequent wriggling notwithstanding). That's very different to having a pop at Vlad, Hobos or whatever.

With respect, there's every need.

coppercrutch
No it isn't. His idea was the slaughter of people on an industrial scale. That's wrong, evil and uncivilised. So Hitler had the wrong idea, and I honestly don't think that's a difficult concept to understand or endorse.

If you say so, though you only used that to try to squirm out of your original position when you quite rightly came under fire from a couple of sensible posters.

There's no inconsistency in my position. You said Hitler was right, and you called for people to be killed (your subsequent wriggling notwithstanding). That's very different to having a pop at Vlad, Hobos or whatever.

With respect, there's every need.

Of course I was being tongue in cheek.

Jeez... next time I come on here and talk about murdering many people I will make sure I clearly state I am not talking literally....:rolleyes:

However I do think these people should be rounded up and sent away to some sort of military training for a couple of years. That would sort them out. I would offer my services for free. I like to be altruistic after all. ;)

Normal standards of society and moral high ground are NOT synonyms.

My point remains that you were as out of order as people who post similar bile against sellick/hibs/rankers/ whoever and that to cite the defence

that others do just as bad
is not a valid stance.

coppercrutch
To be fair, i dont blame CC for his views, i blame his parents, look at the toys he was bought as a child!

[ATTACH]582[/ATTACH]

Where do you find these things....

Jeez... next time I come on here and talk about murdering many people I will make sure I clearly state I am not talking literally....:rolleyes:

I think that would be wise. You might consider clarifying your position on Hitler while you're at it. :cool:

coppercrutch
Normal standards of society and moral high ground are NOT synonyms.

My point remains that you were as out of order as people who post similar bile against sellick/hibs/rankers/ whoever and that to cite the defence is not a valid stance.

Sorry that defence is a PERFECT stance.

No one has called for their posts to be retracted. However there was a call for mine to be. That PROVES inconsistency. Which is exactly my point.

Whether my post was 'bile' or whatever is not the point. It is the REACTION to it that is the important thing.

And I think it has been clearly PROVEN that different reactions are given to different people.

Glaring inconsistency. Glaring hypocrisy.

coppercrutch
I think that would be wise. You might consider clarifying your position on Hitler while you're at it. :cool:

I don't have a position on Hitler.

If I had to I would go for right midfield. Looks like a solid enough stocky chap. Bit of the Dave McCreery about him.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Where do you find these things....

I just have a knack for it.

Even ur cats a Nazi

hitlercat_thumb.jpg

CC's cat tiddles, shows it true colours.

coppercrutch
I just have a knack for it.

Even ur cats a Nazi

[ATTACH]583[/ATTACH]

CC's cat tiddles, shows it true colours.

Where did you get that pic !! Tiddles is a lovely cat. She is just a little easily persuaded by seriously right wing views.

Archived