Vs Cowdenbeath

jamboveg

Jambof3tornado

good to hear the reports of the game, some positives to take from it, some things that still need to be worked on.

Pleased to hear that Godinho did well, do think he will be like Zanatta for this season.

From those who were there, from what I read Todorov looks raw but has good things that look promising? Would they agree with this.

Thought he looked a handful at times up against a sturdy centre half. Decent turn of pace on him. A willing runner and held the ball up well.

All very positive.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there taking photos today - https://flic.kr/s/aHskDnUZ7Q. Levein was definitely there. As was Ozturk.

It was a nothing more than a pre-season run out. Laboured probably the best way to describe it but it's still very early days. The team will get there. Rossi absolutely strolled it. Apart from a fresh air swipe Oshaniwa wasn't that bad. Not too worried about things.

Great pics once again !

rudi must stay

We beat an amateur team that was ranked 4th worst in the tournament.

Bet you were delighted with us last season as well.

Head in the sand material.

Head in the sand or head in the game as they say. I wasn't delighted but I was content, this year I hope we do better in the cups

Thing is that some Managers wont play talented Kids unless they have to, then take  the credit if they turn out t be a gem

For me  its the old adage if they are good enough and Smith is get him in the team now I say

Jason Dufner

No, it's not. But thanks for the reply.[/quote

Yes, it is. Can you please explain how Ozturk is 'never a centre back?'

Because he's shocking at heading the ball for one thing which is an essential part of being a CB in Scotland.

Also tries to nip in front of players to break things up which when works is great however quite often we just end up with an out of position defender and a gaping hole in behind.

Would have loved to see how Zeefuik did with us in the SPL

We had Zeefuik and Sow. Now we have Sammon and Juanma. 10 - 0? I'm sorry but neither will score 10 goals this season. Muirhead and Todorov as backup. Are we moving forward/improving?

Jambof3tornado

We had Zeefuik and Sow. Now we have Sammon and Juanma. 10 - 0? I'm sorry but neither will score 10 goals this season. Muirhead and Todorov as backup. Are we moving forward/improving?

Both juanma and sammon will reach double figures. Bookmark this.

Futurejambo1

Both juanma and sammon will reach double figures. Bookmark this.

In bookings ?

Let's be honest, overall it's woeful. 1-0 to Cowdenbeath. To many people willing to paper over cracks. The whole pre season planning has been a farce. People always say results don't matter in pre season games, this may be true but performances do, and so far today, the closed door games and Thursday have been dreadful. The signings so far have also been uninspirinng, Paul Gallagher? Seriously. If Neilson thinks all we need is that then top 6 is a pipe dream.

LOL

3rd behind a decent aberdeen in 1st year back aftet winning the championship.

I was quite happy with that, I think your glass is half empty mate an no matter what hearts do it will always remain that way.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

What was decent about Aberdeen? I assume you were at at least our home games against them?

We finished above who? Name a single team who you'd be happy to see us finish behind?

We won the Championship? We did. The 2nd tier. When are people going to let that go?

For what it's worth I think we could get thumped 7-0 by Celtic in the first game and you would say exactly the same things, because you're accepting of mediocrity.

Charlie-Brown

This place is too negative and depressing to waste much time on anymore. JammyT has become one of the most rationale pro-Hearts posters on the forum so what that says for the rest of you lord knows. ?

Charlie-Brown

Somebody should dig out and repost a selection of previous years preseason fixture threads save everyone some typing and ire.....would be a very familiar read and maybe some people might learn something.....

I've seen poor pre seasons followed by very good seasons and very good pre seasons followed by poor seasons.

Of course in the ideal world you win well and go into a season fully confident but once that first league match arrives it is a different ball game.

This pre season is of course impacted by Europe but I'd advise caution at this stage especially as we are almost certainly going to make another few signings and possibly lose one or two

This place is too negative and depressing to waste much time on anymore. JammyT has become one of the most rationale pro-Hearts posters on the forum so what that says for the rest of you lord knows. ?

ROFL

cheers bud. I'd say I am just consistent...

We all know you don't post as much because you aren't being paid to any more...

;)

Schevchenko

What was decent about Aberdeen? I assume you were at at least our home games against them?

We finished above who? Name a single team who you'd be happy to see us finish behind?

We won the Championship? We did. The 2nd tier. When are people going to let that go?

For what it's worth I think we could get thumped 7-0 by Celtic in the first game and you would say exactly the same things, because you're accepting of mediocrity.

What I'm looking for is progression, when we got relegated if you said we will win the league, and make europe by finishing third most fans would be happy with that. It shows progression and certainly isn't accepting mediocraty.

This season im hoping to see progression again, if we get beat 7-0 in the opener ill be raging as I would hope we intend to close the gap on celtic this season not the opposite.

Consistency is key, our away form is where we need to improve, thats where we will lose ground over the season.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Archived