Vs Cowdenbeath

jamboveg

Seems we are playing Cowdenbeath this Saturday. I take it a mix of under 20s at central park??

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Malcolm Tucker

It'll be guys like Noring, Oshaniwa, McGhee, Cowie (if fit), Beith, Gomis, Muirhead, Todorov, Zanatta, Godinho etc who play. Sandwiched in between two first team games and the u20s are away so fringe players/guys who have spent pre-season with the 1st team will play.

Futurejambo1

It'll be guys like Noring, Oshaniwa, McGhee, Cowie (if fit), Beith, Gomis, Muirhead, Todorov, Zanatta, Godinho etc who play. Sandwiched in between two first team games and the u20s are away so fringe players/guys who have spent pre-season with the 1st team will play.

Could be something like this if they aren't overly involved on Thurs

Gallagher

Smith

McGhee

Souttar

Oshaniwa

King

Beith

Gomis

Zanatta

Muirhead

Todorov

Could be a good wee exercise for these guys

Footballfirst

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5228

Hearts will continue their preparations for the upcoming season with a friendly against Cowdenbeath this Saturday.

Robbie Neilson will take a Hearts X1 to Central Park for a 3pm kick-off against the Blue Brazil on Saturday, July 2nd. 

The match against the Ladbrokes League 2 side will be sandwiched between Hearts' Europa League first round fixtures against FC Infonet. 

Ticket will be available at the gate, priced at ?7 for adults and ?3 concessions.

chuck berrys hairline

Was there ever any footage of Paterson's chest and volley at Central two years ago. One of best goals I've seen in a hearts top!

The U20s are at Stenny

Do you expect some of the new younger boys to start. Had a wee look on twitter but no updates.

Was there ever any footage of Paterson's chest and volley at Central two years ago. One of best goals I've seen in a hearts top!

yes

page 3 of Hambone Heaven sub forum - Cowdenbeath v Hearts 23 Dec 2014

So  after Thursdays rather sluggish performance will we play the first XI to get that much needed match fitness?

Hopefully the wee No. 16 gets a game and someone realises what he's still got to offer

He'd be a starter for me

Futurejambo1

So after Thursdays rather sluggish performance will we play the first XI do get that much needed match fitness?

I agree but this won't happen, RN said that the first X1 won't play today. Subs plus older 20s I would think

Perhaps a change of heart having watched thursday's performance. It would do more good than bad, injuries aside.

Jambof3tornado

No reason not to play the likes of king kitchen muirhead todorov etc

I'd be playing the centre half pairing he intends to use in estonia too given how all over the shop they were.

Juwon at LB?

Triallist keeper getting a chance to win a deal.

We_are_the_Hearts

Hopefully the wee No. 16 gets a game and someone realises what he's still got to offer

He'd be a starter for me

And me,only player who takes the ball off the defence and trys to set a tempo. Also makes himself available for others. Our midfield is better when he plays. Its notalways about the best players

Jambof3tornado

Dario to have a run out to show that he can challenge sam for a start in estonia.

After that last game I'm thinking Muirhead might just be absolutely vital to our season so I'd like to see him fully fit and firing as soon as possible.

And me,only player who takes the ball off the defence and trys to set a tempo. Also makes himself available for others. Our midfield is better when he plays. Its notalways about the best players

The suggestion that Gomis is finished is ludicrous imo. He takes it in and is brave on the ball. Might be controversial, but he'd be in ahead of Kitchen for me.

You need balance in your side. On Thursday night we started and finished with 11 right footed players.

Gomis and Rossi would be first picks at start of the season for me

kylelauren01

I'm going for Gallacher, Smith, Rossi, McGhee, Oshinawa, King, Gomis, Cowie, Zanatta, Buchanan and Muirhead to start.

We_are_the_Hearts

The suggestion that Gomis is finished is ludicrous imo. He takes it in and is brave on the ball. Might be controversial, but he'd be in ahead of Kitchen for me.

You need balance in your side. On Thursday night we started and finished with 11 right footed players.

Both would be in my team as well. He is indeed brave on the ball and thats why he loses it sometimes. Give me that before players that dont show though. Ozturk was getting really miffed last season from no one in midfieldmaking themselves available.

Westendjambo

My girlfriends wee brother is playing for Cowdenbeath on trial,hes only 20 is a cracking player, hope he catches the eye against us lol

Jambof3tornado

After that last game I'm thinking Muirhead might just be absolutely vital to our season so I'd like to see him fully fit and firing as soon as possible.

I'm keen to see him looking hungry for the ball. Heading along to central park shortly. Also eager to see todorov who looked raring to go during the warm up on thursday.

I am thinking the same about Rossi.

He's at least three years younger than Cowie and although he can get caught in possession just like Bauben I would like to see him given a chance again if only because he tries to be creative.

And I am thinking your spot on.

Souattar has no doubt got a lot of potential and seems to prefer being a CB but I have my doubts he is strong enough yet although that might come.

Personally I would like to see him moved into midfield as he has an ability to drift beyond players and wants to get forward.

Either that or move him to RB assuming Paterson goes.

Futurejambo1

Why was Muirhead not in the squad on Thursday?

Maybe injured can't think of any other reason

Rocky jamboa

This just reminds me how much I miss big Zeefuik, what a striker he was albeit in the Championship.

Forgot how good the goals were in this one! Agree re zeefuik. We're crying out for someone like him just now

JeanLouisValois84

Forgot how good the goals were in this one! Agree re zeefuik. We're crying out for someone like him just now

Why we didn't go back for him is beyond me.

John Findlay

Why we didn't go back for him is beyond me.

Money. We couldn't afford to sign him on a

Permanent deal.

Futurejambo1

Hearts team to face Cowdenbeath: Trialist, L.Smith, McGhee, Rossi, Oshaniwa, King, Godinho, Cowie, Zanatta, Todorov, Buchanan. #HMFCLive

Stephane Grappelli

And I am thinking your spot on.

Same here. Big Igor should be a first pick in my opinion.

jamboinglasgow

Only 3 on the bench. Gallacher, Currie and Baur. Surprised to see so few on the bench.

Only 3 on the bench. Gallacher, Currie and Baur. Surprised to see so few on the bench.

The rest of them either in oban or after that display against Infonet they will be at the training ground on an exercise bike begging for death.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hoping rossi starts wednesday

Me too. Didn't think Souttar was as honking as many believed but Rossi is an experienced campaigner. Souttar will get there in time

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The rest of them either in oban or after that display against Infonet they will be at the training ground on an exercise bike begging for death.

Should they have walked the plank? :)

Jambof3tornado

Not exactly a big crowd. Seen 3 times as many at ochilview watching the 20s play.

Me too. Didn't think Souttar was as honking as many believed but Rossi is an experienced campaigner. Souttar will get there in time

Aye. No doubt souttar will be a great player but i think we lacked a expierenced head in there on thursday. We where at sea more than once.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Archived