Vs Cowdenbeath

jamboveg

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
King prawn

Would have loved to see how Zeefuik did with us in the SPL

Me too - I have a sneaky feeling he wouldn't have been a world beater and probably would have scored the same amount of goals as Juanma. There's a part of me that loved the guy though, definitely an unorthodox player who knew where the goal was. 

Me too. Didn't think Souttar was as honking as many believed but Rossi is an experienced campaigner. Souttar will get there in time

Souttar seems too soft for a CB stands back watching instead of getting stuck in. I know Robbie has made a lot of looking at the Character of players and what they do off the pitch as well as on and I sometimes wonder if our players are too nice which results in them being a bit mampy pampy on the pitch.

We need to inject a bit of desire and urgency into them but then just listen to Robbie doing an interview and it's hardly inspiring stuff to get you up for a game.

maroonnicky63

Souttar seems too soft for a CB stands back watching instead of getting stuck in. I know Robbie has made a lot of looking at the Character of players and what they do off the pitch as well as on and I sometimes wonder if our players are too nice which results in them being a bit mampy pampy on the pitch.

We need to inject a bit of desire and urgency into them but then just listen to Robbie doing an interview and it's hardly inspiring stuff to get you up for a game.

my god I have read some crap on here but this one takes the cake what are you actually talking about

jambo in iraq

utter garbage

queensferryjambo

Was there ever any footage of Paterson's chest and volley at Central two years ago. One of best goals I've seen in a hearts top!

I saw 2 different pieces of footage from the time.

One version was much better than the other I think the good one was from Cowdenbeath footage that they posted on youtube and it was used on SKY. The other was on Hearts TV. Sky Sports showed the poorer version if I recall correctly Paterson is blocked out by a light tower in the footage.

In fact here they both are 

Another Robbo

fraser mullen and craig sives both playing for cowdenbeath!! as is lewis moore

Don't forget Gary Glen is on the bench.

Typical reporting from the EEN. Quote:

Midfielders Morgaro Gomis and Don Cowie are both on the injured list and are unlikely to play. ?Morgaro had a back spasm and Don is still recovering. He?s got a problem with his calf. He?s been in training but it?s a little bit too early,? added Neilson.

Read more: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-to-decide-on-signing-keeper-viktor-noring-1-4167422#ixzz4DGNUN36Z

It's a little bit to early so he is playing today.

Jambof3tornado

Pretty even half. We've seen a lot of the ball and they scored after we missed our best chance.

Godhinho and todorov look decent and norling the keeper could push Jack for starts, very vocal and decent distribution.

Rossi strolling it. Any time King or zanatta break they get taken out!!

maroonplatoon87

Let's be honest, overall it's woeful. 1-0 to Cowdenbeath. To many people willing to paper over cracks. The whole pre season planning has been a farce. People always say results don't matter in pre season games, this may be true but performances do, and so far today, the closed door games and Thursday have been dreadful. The signings so far have also been uninspirinng, Paul Gallagher? Seriously. If Neilson thinks all we need is that then top 6 is a pipe dream.

Let's be honest, overall it's woeful. 1-0 to Cowdenbeath. To many people willing to paper over cracks. The whole pre season planning has been a farce. People always say results don't matter in pre season games, this may be true but performances do, and so far today, the closed door games and Thursday have been dreadful. The signings so far have also been uninspirinng, Paul Gallagher? Seriously. If Neilson thinks all we need is that then top 6 is a pipe dream.

Really you're highlighting our new goalkeeping coach?

He's probably the most highly rated signing we have made.

jamboinglasgow

remind me to never ask you to give a pep talk.

Add in still over a month till the start of the season, two months till the window closes, I wont worry who we sign (plus I always find the phrase "uninspiring" pointless with signings, whether you think their good or not (i.e. you heard of them or they sound exotic) quite often they perform differently when they play in the season.) Also Gallacher was signed to be goal keeping coach and a back up just in case. He wont be 1 of our first two keepers by the start of the season.

rudi must stay

We played a team half way through their season, with a number of experienced internationalists, and we beat them. To me that is a very good result

We played a team half way through their season, with a number of experienced internationalists, and we beat them. To me that is a very good result

We beat an amateur team that was ranked 4th worst in the tournament.

Bet you were delighted with us last season as well.

Head in the sand material.

Folk getting excited over friendlies with loads of kids playing [emoji23][emoji23] ffs get out and move away from the keyboard [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remind me to never ask you to give a pep talk.

Add in still over a month till the start of the season, two months till the window closes, I wont worry who we sign (plus I always find the phrase "uninspiring" pointless with signings, whether you think their good or not (i.e. you heard of them or they sound exotic) quite often they perform differently when they play in the season.) Also Gallacher was signed to be goal keeping coach and a back up just in case. He wont be 1 of our first two keepers by the start of the season.

Season started on Thursday night.

Jason Dufner

Me too. Didn't think Souttar was as honking as many believed but Rossi is an experienced campaigner. Souttar will get there in time

Think Ozturk was much worse to be honest. Never a centre half

Rudi must stay is a realist instead of head in the sand material type person imo

Some of the drama queens on here getting their frillies in a twist is sooooo funny

Internet roasters

jamboinglasgow

Season started on Thursday night.

apologies, meant to put league in front of that.

Folk getting excited over friendlies with loads of kids playing [emoji23][emoji23] ffs get out and move away from the keyboard [emoji23][emoji23]

I was talking about our first competitive game, where we stopped just short of being a laughing stock.

But if you want to discuss today, I wasn't there but im sure Cowdenbeath had all seasoned professionals, with no kids at all versus our under 15s.

Admit it, we look f*****g hopeless so far, and time is running out to get the fingers out. I'll reserve judgement till after our first 8 games then position myself on that.

Another Robbo

This. Did we not get beat by Cowdenbeath last season as well?

jamboinglasgow

I was talking about our first competitive game, where we stopped just short of being a laughing stock.

But if you want to discuss today, I wasn't there but im sure Cowdenbeath had all seasoned professionals, with no kids at all versus our under 15s.

Admit it, we look ******g hopeless so far, and time is running out to get the fingers out. I'll reserve judgement till after our first 8 games then position myself on that.

except you haven't. You have decided after one game that we are useless then added that caveat to make it sound like your careful observer of the game.

Thursday was not a great performance, but the wailing and gnashing of teeth here is embarrassing, even worse the fans have developed the old firm arrogance on what we expect without the old firm budget to back it up.

Admit it, we look ******g hopeless so far, and time is running out to get the fingers out. I'll reserve judgement till after our first 8 games then position myself on that.

No interest in today pal complete meaningless game!

No interest in today pal complete meaningless game!

I actually agree, just as well though.

except you haven't. You have decided after one game that we are useless then added that caveat to make it sound like your careful observer of the game.

Thursday was not a great performance, but the wailing and gnashing of teeth here is embarrassing, even worse the fans have developed the old firm arrogance on what we expect without the old firm budget to back it up.

We need confidence, bordering on arrogance in our team. Look at the displays in recent years against Celtic for example. Poorish Celtic teams have had an arrogance against us, knowing they will get a result, while we have shown a respect for them bordering on the embarrassing, and shat it every time. I worry the manager doesn't inspire confidence like that which is required against Hamilton or Ross County at home, knowing we should have enough not shiteing it as soon as we go one up.

You talk like seasons should be taken in isolation. It's a process and we're not progressing at the minute, we were dire for the majority of the front end of 2016, eye bleeding in spells and depressingly predictable. Add the signings which have so far screamed mediocrity.

This is what my judgement is based upon so far.

But I believe in second chances and this is Neilson's give him 8-10 games to prove himself, and cast doubts like mine aside. If not he's not good enough to manage this club. Simple.

MacDonald Jardine

It's not arrogance to think we should do more than br outplayed by and narrowly beat a team like that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Westendjambo

Renton.

Cheers. My mate is playing as a trialist with them. Brian Ross (CM) carrying a slight injury so don't know if he will definitely get game time, do you know if he has ?

Canadianjambo

Me too - I have a sneaky feeling he wouldn't have been a world beater and probably would have scored the same amount of goals as Juanma. There's a part of me that loved the guy though, definitely an unorthodox player who knew where the goal was. 

Loved him too - I love to see professional athletes making good money that have the same shape as me!!  Gives me hope for my own prospects in life!!!

Cheers. My mate is playing as a trialist with them. Brian Ross (CM) carrying a slight injury so don't know if he will definitely get game time, do you know if he has ?

Good luck to your mate, hope he can win himself a deal.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jason Dufner

Complete nonsense.

No, it's not. But thanks for the reply.

Godhino was the pick for me today worked hard, linked up with King well and he showed some lovely skill and tracked back very well, Todorov again looks like a good find and will be keen to see what he can do over the season. Impressed with the GK, he commanded his area well and marshalled the back line with confidence. Zanatta looks like he coming on nicely excellent first touch, strength and pace something that we lack up front currently! Also good to see Rossi back, if he's fit would like to see him start midweek. Overall typical preseason game but lots of positives to take away I think, we have some excellent players in the wings which gives me confidence that's they can progress into the first team on a regular basis. :)

Archived