Vs Cowdenbeath

jamboveg

Schevchenko

We beat an amateur team that was ranked 4th worst in the tournament.

Bet you were delighted with us last season as well.

Head in the sand material.

3rd behind a decent aberdeen in 1st year back aftet winning the championship.

I was quite happy with that, I think your glass is half empty mate an no matter what hearts do it will always remain that way.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it's not. But thanks for the reply.[/quote

Yes, it is. Can you please explain how Ozturk is 'never a centre back?'

We will see if it is as the season progresses.

I'm with you here, John Souttar is a good football player, but he is not a central defender, he is too light weight I'm afraid and will need to seriously bulk up if he is to become a success, I see him more of a defensive midfielder.

People on here were raving about the kid after a couple of decent early performances and as is the norm on football forums are not willing to admit that he may not be the world beater they proclaimed him to be, at this point in time our strongest central defensive pairing is Ozturk and Rossi.

Godhino was the pick for me today worked hard, linked up with King well and he showed some lovely skill and tracked back very well, Todorov again looks like a good find and will be keen to see what he can do over the season. Impressed with the GK, he commanded his area well and marshalled the back line with confidence. Zanatta looks like he coming on nicely excellent first touch, strength and pace something that we lack up front currently! Also good to see Rossi back, if he's fit would like to see him start midweek. Overall typical preseason game but lots of positives to take away I think, we have some excellent players in the wings which gives me confidence that's they can progress into the first team on a regular basis. :)

thanks for the update

some positives

Westendjambo

Good luck to your mate, hope he can win himself a deal.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just off the phone to him. His words were that the left back back is terrible, he pegged him and just stood with his hands on his head, I assume this was oshiniwa lol apart from that Liam fox told him he was beaths best player

Westendjambo

Good luck to your mate, hope he can win himself a deal.

Just off the phone to him. His words were that the left back back is terrible, he pegged him and just stood with his hands on his head, I assume this was oshiniwa lol apart from that Liam fox told him he was beaths best player

[emoji38] That definitely shouldn't surprise many on here.

If he's getting praise like that from the boss you'd think a deal will be on the table.

Good stuff!

No, it's not. But thanks for the reply.[/quote

Yes, it is. Can you please explain how Ozturk is 'never a centre back?'

He is very weak going for headers. Which is not good in Scottish game.

Augustyn was better but had poor distribution.

Jambof3tornado

Thought juwon did ok. Didnt once just lump it up the park.

Godinho looked as good filling in at right back as he did in midfield.

Cowie fitness wise looked ok as did Rossi.

Jambosammy

Liam smith played well today, I hope is playing instead of Paterson against infonet

Futurejambo1

Good to see Igor, Cowie and Smith get ptime on the park, all three performed well for their first games. Too early to judge Todorov. Zanatta had decent second half. Godinho busy his passing was bit off first half and needs to be careful of his positioning when playing at the back. Overall game served its purpose in getting time on the park, some a bit rusty but enough to see we have a decent squad and with a few additions I expect another decent season.

Toxteth O'Grady

We drew with a team that we cuffed 10-0 and people take positives from that?

Jambof3tornado

Yes. Not many that played today on either side played in the 10 nil match, not that its relevant anyway.

Fitness wise it was a good run out and the lads that played got sharper.

King prawn

What do you expect from a pre-season Friendly on the 2nd of July out of interest? 

Yes we won 10-0 with a full strength team that was in full sync and everything we touched turned to gold that day! However today was a team of mostly youngsters against a near full strength Cowdenbeath side for the most part. There were plenty of good things to take away from this, of course it would be nice to win every game no matter what type but this wasn't just about that. Would much rather the players get good game time such as Rossi today and a chance to impress RN which some did I think. Also I think we might see a few of them in the first team later this season which I'm excited about! For me that's a positive and some of their ideas and play were excellent didn't always come off but gives me hope, so you can dismiss it as much as you like but these games are important for the coaching staff and players alike, sometimes it's not always about the result!

Did they not beat us in the pre season of that championship campaign?

Just checked myself.

4 August 2014[13]Friendly Cowdenbeath 1?0 Heart of Midlothian Central Park

Fud.

We are going backwards, no mistake about it - too many duff signings

I don't think we are going backwards but to spin it positively today was a chance to see some of the future players to take us forward and I was pleased with the talent on offer today coming direct from the academy, something we need more of to offset the "duff signings", and who knows we may sign another few players before the window is closed!

Jambo 4 Ever

My girlfriends wee brother is playing for Cowdenbeath on trial,hes only 20 is a cracking player, hope he catches the eye against us lol

What's his name?

How did he get on today?

Malinga the Swinga

RN was, didn't see Levein

that can't be right. According to some of the zoomers on here, Robbie can't make a decision without Levein telling him what to do. Perhaps he was hiding somewhere, sending thoughts by mind control.

Another Robbo

Pretty sure Levein was there as well. Him and Robbie were talking to Donald Findlay before kick off.

So how did the team know what to do and how to play the second half?

Here:

Which one is Levein?

This is important. The fans need to know what is going on.

I demand answers.

We_are_the_Hearts

So how did the team know what to do and how to play the second half?

Boy arrived in a taxi with a bit of paper

Boy arrived in a taxi with a bit of paper

I presume someone periscoped the game to Levein.

Tell me did the team look like a Levein team today?

Winston Ingram

Only someone with a pre-conceived idea (which I understand plenty have) would criticise Oshinawa today. He was absolutely fine. As was Cowie.

The issue watching that team, and the first team is the same, is you struggle to see where goals are coming from. People don't really take chances or use imagination when 30 yards from goal. King does nothing to suggest he will be any more than a journeyman Scottish player, Buchanan may not even be that good (he doesn't pose a threat at all), Todorov has plenty attributes but doesn't seem altogether inclined to use them... Zanatta came onto a game in second half which was a plus at least. Too many people wait for things to happen. 

Their goal actually came from Buchanan going to sleep and a quick move developing down our right side. Cowdenbeath looked very good for a team at that level and will do well this season, I think. 

Goalie looked confident and composed but had so little to do it was very hard to make a proper judgement. 

People don't really take chances or use imagination when 30 yards from goal.

All Juanma's ( or Sammon )fault.

The man who loved beer

Pretty sure Levein was there as well. Him and Robbie were talking to Donald Findlay before kick off.

Levein definitely there.

Jambof3tornado

Only someone with a pre-conceived idea (which I understand plenty have) would criticise Oshinawa today. He was absolutely fine. As was Cowie.

The issue watching that team, and the first team is the same, is you struggle to see where goals are coming from. People don't really take chances or use imagination when 30 yards from goal. King does nothing to suggest he will be any more than a journeyman Scottish player, Buchanan may not even be that good (he doesn't pose a threat at all), Todorov has plenty attributes but doesn't seem altogether inclined to use them... Zanatta came onto a game in second half which was a plus at least. Too many people wait for things to happen.

Their goal actually came from Buchanan going to sleep and a quick move developing down our right side. Cowdenbeath looked very good for a team at that level and will do well this season, I think.

Goalie looked confident and composed but had so little to do it was very hard to make a proper judgement.

What did you think of godinho?

Levein definitely there.

I have been assured by an earlier couple of posts that he was not there.

#whereislevein

Maybe he was going to go but then did a batshit crazy u-turn?

Has the club not answered my demand yet?

Jambof3tornado

Looked decent in both positions.

Agreed. Fairly tenacious and will grow by watching kitchen and djoum play.

What's the logic behind not giving first team players a run out today? We looked badly lacking in match sharpness on Thursday.

Winston Ingram

What's the logic behind not giving first team players a run out today? We looked badly lacking in match sharpness on Thursday.

Because if any of them were injured (perfectly possible on as bad a pitch as that) the management would be rightly slaughtered for risking them. 

Seymour M Hersh

I presume someone periscoped the game to Levein.

Tell me did the team look like a Levein team today?

Identical in so much they were human beings and male.

Jambof3tornado

Because if any of them were injured (perfectly possible on as bad a pitch as that) the management would be rightly slaughtered for risking them.

Pitch was ok, at least they've removed the sand trap!!

The man who loved beer

I have been assured by an earlier couple of posts that he was not there.

I've no reason to lie. He was in home stand with Cowden directors. Hasn't aged well, has he. :-)

Fair enough. That could happen in any game though. But you are right, they'd have been criticised had any of our key players been injured.

Fair enough. That could happen in any game though. But you are right, they'd have been criticised had any of our key players been injured.

Levering was at the Cowdenbeath game today.He was sitting beside Colin Cameron and Ozturk and Juanma where at the game as well.

Levein was at the Cowdenbeath game today.He was sitting beside Colin Cameron and Ozturk and Juanma where at the game as well.

jimthejambo

I was there taking photos today - https://flic.kr/s/aHskDnUZ7Q. Levein was definitely there. As was Ozturk.

It was a nothing more than a pre-season run out. Laboured probably the best way to describe it but it's still very early days. The team will get there. Rossi absolutely strolled it. Apart from a fresh air swipe Oshaniwa wasn't that bad. Not too worried about things.

jamboinglasgow

good to hear the reports of the game, some positives to take from it, some things that still need to be worked on.

Pleased to hear that Godinho did well, do think he will be like Zanatta for this season.

From those who were there, from what I read Todorov looks raw but has good things that look promising? Would they agree with this.

Archived