The "Vent Your Spleen" Thread

Legend Claws

The People's Chimp

People riding bikes along the pavement; okay in a small village when the culprit is age 10; not okay in a busy city when the moron is about 25, listening to headphones, in the dark/heavy rain/both, and without lights. Soooo dangerous.

Idiots.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry Palmer

How many of you take nurses for granted? Yes, they are aware of the pay and conditions before they enter etc... That does not mean that they have to take abuse; verbal or physical. Give them a break...

maroonlegions

standing in a queue at the post office and there is always an OP getting their pension and paying every conceivable bill you can think off, stamps or worse forgetting their pin number or entering the fecking wrong one.:rolleyes:when all you want is ONE fecking stamp to post a letter.:eek:

People riding bikes along the pavement; okay in a small village when the culprit is age 10; not okay in a busy city when the moron is about 25, listening to headphones, in the dark/heavy rain/both, and without lights. Soooo dangerous.

Idiots.

Thats one of my pet hates too, along with folk letting their mutt take a dump on the pavement without picking it up.

maroonlegions
I hate womens handbags i.e. 'here bird where are the house keys?' 'they are in my handbag' que 4 hours of rummaging through the bottom-less pit that is a handbag, pushing aside all manner of ****e (do you really have to have a meals worth of food in your bag at any one time?) and never actually finding the goddamn keys. I always end up handing it back for the lady to dip her paw in and pull them out instantly.

:):). my wife knows the score with me if i ask her were something is and if she says "HANDBAG",then its a no go area for me, fecking ridiculous amount of junk to allow to accumulate.:eek:

oap neighbours-do my teets in

Weegie builders for still not finishing my attic conversion 6 months on, huns as well which explains it.

What is it with the 22 bus? They always come at once (pre tram pish as well)

the heaving one stops and the empty one always flys past.Even at 6.30 in the morning there late---LRTOSSERS

Newspapers and some people labelling perfectly reasonable suggestions as "PC" when they disagree with it and can't be bothered to think of a proper arguement against it.

Legend Claws

Public transport and everything about it. Well the fact that it gets me places is ok but apart from that I utterly detest it.

• 3 weeks later...

People that stand over shoulder and read what your doing on a computer really hack me off :mad:

Nosey people

and a few driving ones after a trip to the west today - what a ****hole btw

1) People driving in the outside lane for no reason or at low speeds, do 70+ or get in the inside

2) People who let lorries out - the things can do 56mph - need

3) People who can't understand 2 lane roundabouts

4) People who drive with high beam headlights on during the day

5) People who cannot overtake on single file carriageways

I ****ing hate the folk that don't understand the lanes at Drumbrae roundabout. The amount of times I have been beeped at when I know FOR A FACT that I am in the correct place is unreal. When you are approaching from either side of the A8:

Left (bus lane) -> left and middle

Right lane -> right

but everyone goes into the middle from the right, it's so infuriating!!

I hate getting made to look as if I'm wrong when I KNOW I'm right (as I always am, obviously).

I hate it when I am walking along Princes Street on my lunchbreak and everyday without fail, **** myself when the one o' clock gun goes off.

I ****ing hate the folk that don't understand the lanes at Drumbrae roundabout. The amount of times I have been beeped at when I know FOR A FACT that I am in the correct place is unreal. When you are approaching from either side of the A8:

Left (bus lane) -> left and middle

Right lane -> right

but everyone goes into the middle from the right, it's so infuriating!!

I hate getting made to look as if I'm wrong when I KNOW I'm right (as I always am, obviously).

Yup some ***** did that to me just yesterday

Coming up from the tesco is just as bad, the middle and right lane can go straight across so hate when ***** start crying about it

I like (and agree) with the post about folk who wear trainers with their suits on the way into the office. Not really sure why it annoys me so much but it does.....just looks absolutely ridiculous. Surely if your shoes are not comfortable enough to be wearing whilst walking to your work you should perhaps consider buying some comfier shoes or seeing a chiropodist.

:laugh: this made me really laugh because I see these folk every day and think to myself how stupid they look, but I don't understand how you can get annoyed about it, it doesn't affect you in any way lol

Traffic related too. If car emissions are a major cause of global warming we should be trying to reduce them. Therefore surely it is a bad idea to have the majority of urban motorists sitting idling at traffic lights. The only way to get through 2 sets of lights is to break the speed limit. Who organises this chaos? Also, if you let cars through 3 or 4 lights, they are therefore going to get to their destination sooner, thus cutting down the amount of cars on the road, reducing congestion and accidents. Jeez it's not rocket surgery. Why do I have to look at a green man at 2 in the morning when I can't see another living soul. Seriously, does anyone know why anybody thinks this is a good way to manage traffic flow.

People taking a right while entering a junction doing it on the left side of the line, and then looking at you as if your the one in the wrong, usually old guys wearing bunnets. Drives me nuts

:evilno::ahhhhhhh:

Here's another West of Edinburgh traffic one.

Coming towards the Gogar Roundabout on the east-bound A8 at 5.30pm there will be a queue of traffic on the underpass. It is single lane leading up to it and single lane leaving it, but dual in the underpass itself. All civilised people wait in the queue. However there are always the complete tossers who think they have more of a right to get home and have their dinner and see their families than I do. I refuse to let these folk in, and as a result have had some pretty heated run-ins, including some absolute barbarian woman in a van threatening to cut off all my hair!

If you are one of these people, I'm in the red Rover, I'll be waiting for you .. !

Here's another West of Edinburgh traffic one.

Coming towards the Gogar Roundabout on the east-bound A8 at 5.30pm there will be a queue of traffic on the underpass. It is single lane leading up to it and single lane leaving it, but dual in the underpass itself. All civilised people wait in the queue. However there are always the complete tossers who think they have more of a right to get home and have their dinner and see their families than I do. I refuse to let these folk in, and as a result have had some pretty heated run-ins, including some absolute barbarian woman in a van threatening to cut off all my hair!

If you are one of these people, I'm in the red Rover, I'll be waiting for you .. !

Its called a lane merge, you should use both lanes.

Their right your wrong and if you refuse to let them in and cause damage to their car you will party at least some blame to the insurers for not driving within the rules of that road.

Maybe stupid to have that sort of road layout but that is how it is and I dont see how you can blame people for driving as they should on it.

I don't agree, as like I said it is single lane going in as well, so going out into the right hand lane then back in is not going to save anyone any time, as the same amount of cars are leaving in single file as entering.

Taxis ok, they have someone paying a fare, buses have a lot of folk and a timetable, fair enough, but anyone else that does it is simply a smart arse.

in MY opinion.

Drumbrae Roundabout?

I just shut my eyes and floor it.

One time, I even came away with a Happy Meal and a new computer.

Buffalo Bill

Drumbrae Roundabout?

Buffalo Bill

Funny that, you can also fit in a Chinese and a spot of banking if you really hammer it :)

Anyway, I never noticed this thread and I have to say that I've really enjoyed reading it.

Re buses:

Waiting for 45 mins on a number one bus and being forced to give up!

And sitting on a bus when jakey junkies get on.

Come on people: there is NOTHING worse than jakey junkies on your bus.

Buffalo Bill

Anyway, I never noticed this thread and I have to say that I've really enjoyed reading it.

Re buses:

Waiting for 45 mins on a number one bus and being forced to give up!

And sitting on a bus when jakey junkies get on.

Come on people: there is NOTHING worse than jakey junkies on your bus.

Buffalo Bill

Especially the ones that play music out loud on their phones. WHY do folk DO that?!

Funny that, you can also fit in a Chinese and a spot of banking if you really hammer it :)

Indeed you can and what a fine Chinese meal it would be too.

I think those other folk just need to chill on the Drumbrae.

They should put up a big sign in the middle of the roundabout.

"Will everyone just RELAX"!!

:)

Especially the ones that play music out loud on their phones. WHY do folk DO that?!

The only benefit to that is if it stops them talking.

I'm lucky in that I only get the bus about once a fortnight.

I'm unlucky if that bus is the number one.

Buffalo Bill

I totally respect my elders and always have done/will and will always give up my seat etc. But one thing really gets my goat and that is when they act like they have the right to cut in front of you for the bus. Just this morning an elderly gent came from the back of the queue, jumped in front of me waving his pass if everyones face! If I see an elderly person coming from the side to get on the bus I will stop and let them on everytime without fail. But the next time one cuts in front of me without any acknowledgement I am going to remind them about the workings of a queue and indeed manners!

what really grinds my gears is when you get pished on a works night out on a friday and on monday morning some tee total busy body who was there and left early asks you how your head is.....aaaaarrrggghhh ****** off i have been pished twice since then and still don't have a headache you annoying waste of air.:mad:

also mobile phone conversations on public transport.

'hello, i'm on the bus, 20 mins' etc etc etc

and carrier bags in off licences, why are they soooooo weak

Drumbrae Roundabout?

Buffalo Bill

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Getting a puncture in your bike tire as you're about to set off somewhere is pretty damn frustrating. :mad:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
what really grinds my gears is when you get pished on a works night out on a friday and on monday morning some tee total busy body who was there and left early asks you how your head is.....aaaaarrrggghhh ****** off i have been pished twice since then and still don't have a headache you annoying waste of air.:mad:

also mobile phone conversations on public transport.

'hello, i'm on the bus, 20 mins' etc etc etc

and carrier bags in off licences, why are they soooooo weak

Haha they are the worst.

The kind of folk who get their kicks out of sitting watching someone else enjoying themselves and then gossiping about it to whoever will listen.

Get a life you miserable ****.

oap neighbours-do my teets in

Weegie builders for still not finishing my attic conversion 6 months on, huns as well which explains it.

What is it with the 22 bus? They always come at once (pre tram pish as well)

the heaving one stops and the empty one always flys past.Even at 6.30 in the morning there late---LRTOSSERS

ABSOLUTELY !!!

Last night i waited in the freezing cold having just finished footie and was still in said shorts and top in Princes St when a 22 West End pulled up so as it was a part route(1 Stop) i couldnt get it so another pulls up behind that same thing.

Cue a 22 flying past with Gyle Centre written on it completely empty bar a couple of people.

Surely the boy could see the back of the bus that said WEST END

I was SHAKING WITH RAGE !!! and had to wait another 15mins

Also cant stand people who when your on your lunch ask you what your eating every fricking day like its the highlight of their lunch break.

Look let me eat my lunch let you eat yours and dinnae be worrying what im having.

Newsreaders etc who use the word "your" instead of "the" as in....

And now here's your weather for tomorrow...

Patronising Barstewards!!

People who refer to the "Interweb" or worse still "t'Internet".... WTF are they all really from Yorkshire or just fogey Luddite wannabees? :mad:

Also cant stand people who when your on your lunch ask you what your eating every fricking day like its the highlight of their lunch break.

Look let me eat my lunch let you eat yours and dinnae be worrying what im having.

I get this one at the office all the time. What are you having for lunch, it's interchangeable with what are you making for your dinner when you get home, what are you watching on the tube tonight etc etc.

I also can't stand every morning coming in and being asked what I got up to last night, and then having to ask back out of politeness. Surely none of us actually give a toss what most of our colleagues do in their spare time so why do folk pretend to care? Aside from that if I told them 'what I'd been up to at the weeked, was I behaving?' the stories would make their hair curl I expect.

Waiting for a train into town at South Gyle Station.

As well as being officially the coldest place on Earth, they let the Aberdeen service come wizzing past, making the Fife circle timetable a sham.

It still beats getting the bus!

Buffalo Bill

I get this one at the office all the time. What are you having for lunch, it's interchangeable with what are you making for your dinner when you get home, what are you watching on the tube tonight etc etc.

I also can't stand every morning coming in and being asked what I got up to last night, and then having to ask back out of politeness. Surely none of us actually give a toss what most of our colleagues do in their spare time so why do folk pretend to care? Aside from that if I told them 'what I'd been up to at the weeked, was I behaving?' the stories would make their hair curl I expect.

I think the sad fact is that these people actually do not have anything more exciting in their lives, other than their lunch breaks, dinner and dress down Fridays.

People that bang on about programmes like CSI Miami/New York/Kiddiminster like they are ground breaking TV. Utter ****e every last one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

****ing buses **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Short folk taking all the seats on planes with a semblance of legroom.

Having to pay to pay for a plane ticket (Ryanair is particularly guilty of this, ?8 to pay for the thing with a credit card and who owns these mystical visa electron cards anyway?)

Folk that cannot be overtaken on the motorway (ie, you pass them at 50mph and they all of a sudden wake-up and are past you within a minute).

Most people who drive for a living and assume that they therefore own the road.

The lane merging thing - it seems more considerate to sit in the queue rather than skip past people. Although when a series of cars refuse to let people in, this makes it all worthwhile; watching them sit there trying desperately to get into the open lane.

People who assume superiority over others for no good reason.

People who think just because they get pished every night that they are by default "good fun".

Trying to have a reasonable discussion with Old Firm fans about sectarianism.

Queues in Post Offices!!!

That annoys me alot aswell. The automated calling system every 10 seconds and they are usally boiling hot:xmassick:.

Short folk taking all the seats on planes with a semblance of legroom.

Having to pay to pay for a plane ticket (Ryanair is particularly guilty of this, ?8 to pay for the thing with a credit card and who owns these mystical visa electron cards anyway?)

Folk that cannot be overtaken on the motorway (ie, you pass them at 50mph and they all of a sudden wake-up and are past you within a minute).

Most people who drive for a living and assume that they therefore own the road.

The lane merging thing - it seems more considerate to sit in the queue rather than skip past people. Although when a series of cars refuse to let people in, this makes it all worthwhile; watching them sit there trying desperately to get into the open lane.

People who assume superiority over others for no good reason.

People who think just because they get pished every night that they are by default "good fun".

Trying to have a reasonable discussion with Old Firm fans about sectarianism.

So basically people who know how to drive and refuse to sit in artificially created queues by a bunch of old *****s who learnt to drive in the dark ages and dont move with the times.:xmaseye:

People who refuse to use their indicators, especially on roundabouts and just believe you should know where they are going by their position (or lack of it).

Signal left before you leave a roundabout and the next lot can come on - that's the idea for making the thing work.

Bad manners, bad grammar, bad punctuation and smelly armpits.

Totally agree.

Also the terminally thick who say and write could of, instead of could HAVE. Were they ever at school ??

Anyone seen that advert for 'Achmed the Dead Terrorist'. I struggle to think who would actually pay for such mince on their phone, not funny whatsoever.

Queues in Post Offices!!!

they are the slowest moving queues of them all.....the post office has cottoned on to this by putting a television up on the wall for the queue to watch, although they only show adverts.

another car one, but folk that don't indicate really get on my nips, its dangerous and confusing

Archived