The "Vent Your Spleen" Thread

Legend Claws

Legend Claws

Use this thread to get things of your chest.

Mine for the day is:

People trying to get in the lift whilst you are walking out.

Trumpets.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sooperstar
Use this thread to get things of your chest.

Mine for the day is:

People trying to get in the lift whilst you are walking out.

Trumpets.

Worst thing is when they stop walking in after realising there's someone in the lift needing out, but then start walking again before you're out.

Was going to say it's similar to people getting on the bus as you're getting off.

Chester™

Feckers who have no respect for those on crutches, walking sticks etc

Personal experience from myself though. As someone with arthritis, its ****es me off, and what makes it worse, is it usually those who are a bit older!

Legend Claws
Worst thing is when they stop walking in after realising there's someone in the lift needing out, but then start walking again before you're out.

Was going to say it's similar to people getting on the bus as you're getting off.

Yeah know what you mean end up doing a stupid shuffle as they walk towards you. It is times like that the headbutt was invented for.

Say What Again
****ing idiots who have no time to let you off a bus!

You beat me to it Chester. The OP's lift gripe made me think of it instantly.

'Yes morons, you can all get on the bus - if you'd let us ****ers off first' :mad:

Stuart Lyon

Agree with the bus and lift scenarios.

But my main gripe today and most days is my wife and son's inability to open the dishwasher door and put in the dishes they have struggled to bring to the kitchen! Must jut be too much for them.

Oh and those bus passengers, predominantly women, who despite being at the bus stop wait until they are on the bus before finding and getting their purse out to get the fare!

People who wear rucksacks on buses. Carry the bloody things. Sure one of my eyes will hanging of someone's strap one day..:mad:

men who sit on buses with the legs apart. You only pay for 1 seat not 2. Close your legs...

Rawrrrrrrr

When your at traffic lights and been waiting for ages and the person in front decides to let half a dozen cars in from a side street who have just came along

Stuart Lyon

Tams Bird - your second one fascinates me! I now wont be able to get on a bus without checking out whether the men ares legs akimbo. Might do a survey soon.

flecktimus

When a bar is busy,Groups of women all standing at the bar waiting for one of them to get served and then one by one they ask there friends what they want to drink,then they all start paying separate.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jambosimmy

folk who undertake you on the motorway. bugs the hell out me. i try my best not to let them back in and succeeded in my mission a couple of weeks back. they guy was NOT impressed

marshallschunkychicken

...Oh and those bus passengers, predominantly women, who despite being at the bus stop wait until they are on the bus before finding and getting their purse out to get the fare!

Same scenario with cash machines. Especially when they see you're going to the machine as well, speed up to get there first, and THEN start to rummage through their bags. I could be away by the time they find their card.

Then there's the whole 'insert card, enter pin, get ministatement, retrieve card, examine ministatement, reinsert card, enter pin, get cash' nonsense.

What's that all about?

John Findlay
Same scenario with cash machines. Especially when they see you're going to the machine as well, speed up to get there first, and THEN start to rummage through their bags. I could be away by the time they find their card.

Then there's the whole 'insert card, enter pin, get ministatement, retrieve card, examine ministatement, reinsert card, enter pin, get cash' nonsense.

What's that all about?

Puts the myth that women can multi task to bed.

They do it in all queues. Supermarkets, train stations. I will say again female logic is no logic at all. The creme de la creme is the fact it is never their fault and when it comes to personal responsibility they have no idea what it is.

John

folk who undertake you on the motorway. bugs the hell out me. i try my best not to let them back in and succeeded in my mission a couple of weeks back. they guy was NOT impressed

Folk that sit in the fast lane of the motorway when they have no reason to be there.

If your not doing the speed limit or your not in the process of overtaking someone yourself, what right do you have to be in the fast lane?

Folk with poor lane discipline / awareness deserve to be undertaken IMO.

But look at it this way: if there was room for them to undertake, there was room for you to move over.... :P

My gripe is wuckfits on roundabouts trying to get off at a busy exit. If they see they can't get off, rather than wait in the middle so you can pass in front of them and take another exit, they sit right in front of you blocking you in. Then they then pretend they can't see you so they stare straight ahead while you're beeping horn/flashing lights/giving them the finger/etc/etc.

rant over!!

Folk that sit in the fast lane of the motorway when they have no reason to be there.

If your not doing the speed limit or your not in the process of overtaking someone yourself, what right do you have to be in the fast lane?

Folk with poor lane discipline / awareness deserve to be undertaken IMO.

Damn, I was too slow!! ;)

Stuart Lyon

Oh and people who avoid driving in the bus lanes that don't operate all day - the road from Haymarket to the Maybury being a good example.

Oh and people who avoid driving in the bus lanes that don't operate all day - the road from Haymarket to the Maybury being a good example.

Or the folk who give you filthy looks when you DO use the bus lanes when they are not operational.

Again, poor lane discipline.

scottish_chicP

Mines is buses too but when people are trying to get on one and there is a que, it's like a mass panic...calm down you will get on!

I P Knightley

Folk who don't use the inside lane(s) on a motorway or dual carriageway when there's enough room for the cars behind to duck in, undertake and then move out to the outside lanes only when there's a car ahead of them.

Yes, I know it's a repeat gripe but it's a serious one.

Out of interest, simmy, do you ever use the indicators on your car? I have a hunch that there's a high correlation between middle (or outside) lane hoggers and drivers who rarely use their indicators except maybe at the last second when the wheel has been turned.

I P Knightley
Or the folk who give you filthy looks when you DO use the bus lanes when they are not operational.

Their loss, mate. You go enjoy the freedom of that unattended bus lane.

Give them a cheery wave!

Best bit is, if they stopped looking at us doing it and actually paid attention to the road signs they would see for themselves what times it is or is not operational.... :dribble:

On the subject of non-operational bus lanes - don't you hate it when a two lane road becomes one + bus lane and the people in the inside lane just pull out in front of you even though its HALF PAST BLOODY NINE AT NIGHT!!!!! ITS NO LONGER AN EXCLUSIVE LANE YOU THICK TW@T :mad: :mad: :mad:

What's that all about?

OI I hope you are not talking about anyone in particular.....?!?! I have never done that....I hate when people do.... should have to queue again for each transaction.

My own personal hatred is when people stop abruptly whilst walking down the street, thus causing you to have to make a major swerve(or in few cases actually walk in to them) and they tut because you almost (or did) walk into them...!

Spitonastranger

whats really grinding my gears is the advert for euro 2008 and it is all english people speaking on the BBC about which team they will be supporting:mad:also people who dont indicate on roundabouts:sad:

Middle lane hoggers on motorways, idiots!! Also pedestrians that walk in the cycle lane in broomhouse, there is a pavement right next to it you idiots!!

Chester™

Cyclists. I dont even drive a ****ing hate them! If they arent acting like total tools on the road, they come onto the pavement where they arent meant to be and try and run me over. Start taxing these feckers I say!

Office colleagues who shout across the room while you are having a telephone conversation just because they can't be bothered to get up and walk 20 paces. Same colleague frequently leaves his two mobile phones unattended for long periods which give out really cool ringtones like Livin' Thing by ELO :mad::mad::mad:

jimmyjambo

folk who park in disabled spaces who are clearly fit, normally young lazy bar stewards,happens at supermarkets and shops all the bleedin time

The Old Tolbooth

Totally agree with the fast lane hoggers Erik, I frequently undertake a Miss Daisy or Mr Meldrew that's hogging the lane, they do my nut in!

My worst gripe however is roundabouts!! Why the fekk is it so damn difficult to understand how lanes on a roundabout works ffs??????? I oftne get people on my left hand side going straight on at a roundabout, no problem with that at all because there are normally 2 lanes to get round, however they seem to feel a need to wander into my friggin lane and almost take my wing out nearly every bloody day!!!! I swear I'm gonna follow one of these tossers one day and do damage!

I'm a placid guy normally too :)

Taxi drivers. Give them points everytime they try one of their stupid u-turns and we'd have them all off the roads within the week.

Also, once you're inside they seem forget they're providing a service rather than doing you a favour.

I P Knightley
Totally agree with the fast lane hoggers Erik, I frequently undertake a Miss Daisy or Mr Meldrew that's hogging the lane, they do my nut in!

My worst gripe however is roundabouts!! Why the fekk is it so damn difficult to understand how lanes on a roundabout works ffs??????? I oftne get people on my left hand side going straight on at a roundabout, no problem with that at all because there are normally 2 lanes to get round, however they seem to feel a need to wander into my friggin lane and almost take my wing out nearly every bloody day!!!! I swear I'm gonna follow one of these tossers one day and do damage!

I'm a placid guy normally too :)

Left hand lane's for going left or straight on. Right hand lane's for going straight on or right (assuming a 4 road junction).

Cannae complain at all about them sticking to the Highway Code.

Drifting out of lanes anywhere is punishable by a sharp toot on the horn and a fearsome wave of the clenched fist - perhaps even with a finger or two showing proud.

You can usually see the guys that are going to do this well ahead - either get right up inside them early, forcing them to stay in their lane, or hang back and watch it all kick off - following the toot & loose salute procedure as deemed necessary.

p.s. I have a company car...

The Old Tolbooth
Left hand lane's for going left or straight on. Right hand lane's for going straight on or right (assuming a 4 road junction).

Cannae complain at all about them sticking to the Highway Code.

Drifting out of lanes anywhere is punishable by a sharp toot on the horn and a fearsome wave of the clenched fist - perhaps even with a finger or two showing proud.

You can usually see the guys that are going to do this well ahead - either get right up inside them early, forcing them to stay in their lane, or hang back and watch it all kick off - following the toot & loose salute procedure as deemed necessary.

p.s. I have a company car...

If you go just a teency weency bit past the part you highlighted you would see that I had no problem with them doing that ;)

It's when they drift over that bleeds my piles!

I P Knightley
If you go just a teency weency bit past the part you highlighted you would see that I had no problem with them doing that ;)

It's when they drift over that bleeds my piles!

I was (and am) in full support of your campaign against roundabout drifters - I just didn't explain that so well in writing. I want to extend it to any drifters.

Apart from the 'Saturday Night at the Movies' Drifters. They were ok.

Rawrrrrrrr

Foreigners who speak in there own language whilst also in conversation with native english speakers - Rude

People who cannot get the concept of two lane junctions/roundabouts - only your lane needs to be clear ffs, not both

I P Knightley

Here's another:

Folk who pronounce Budapest as "Boo-dah-pesht" but don't pronounce Paris "Pah-ree"; France "Frohnce"; Prague "Praha", or basically any other place in its local accent/dialect.

Get consistent people.

Denny Crane
Foreigners who speak in there own language whilst also in conversation with native english speakers - Rude

To jest prawdopodobnie dlatego że one dyskutują (omawiający) coś kt?ry jest nikt waszego interes (handlowy). Jak jest uciekinier zabijają nadchodzący nawiasem m?wiąc?

As my mum would say.

hughesie27

In real life folk who run a squeeze up to get on the bus who could just as easily keep it relaxed and stride on. No instead they need to get on the bus as if the driver is going to say, ''Nope sorry I'm off''.

On Kickback mods who continue to rename thread titles for trivial reason. Like this one for example.

One thing that really does my heid in, is those firking a r s e holes who use mobile phones whilst driving.

These clowns think they are above the law, and I detest it.

:mad:

Umbrellas. Why? Get a hat. Stop poking my eyes out.

Also. Cigs lighted end out in public places. Generally females standing in groups or walking 5 fat bahookies wide down the street. They also could easily blind me or a guide dog. Perhaps.

Scooby Doog

Another roundabout one......

(For some reason this only seems to happen in the same area - coming off the A1 to join the Bypass and coming off the A1 to go to Kinnaird Park).

When you're coming down either of these slip roads to join the roundabout and you're turning left, you should be in the left hand lane - simple, eh!?

Not for some feckers who think it's perfectly acceptable to scream down the right hand lane and still turn left!

Does my bl00dy nut in! And, they've usually got the cheek to look at you in total bewilderment when you blast your horn at them.

Another roundabout one......

(For some reason this only seems to happen in the same area - coming off the A1 to join the Bypass and coming off the A1 to go to Kinnaird Park).

When you're coming down either of these slip roads to join the roundabout and you're turning left, you should be in the left hand lane - simple, eh!?

Not for some feckers who think it's perfectly acceptable to scream down the right hand lane and still turn left!

Does my bl00dy nut in! And, they've usually got the cheek to look at you in total bewilderment when you blast your horn at them.

Or a woman in a big 4x4 who seems to think the left hand lane is actually there for turning right!

Micra drivers. Why buy something that looks like a frog and causes you to drive like a drunk ape?

The new Indiana Jones just ruined my night.

Why?

Did you think it was going to becrap and then it proved you wrong?

:P

Doctor FinnBarr

Old men in hotels, you walk behind them as they approach a doorway with their hands clasped behind their backs then once in the doorway they stop dead almost causing you to spill beer. They look at you as if to say "where did you come from" then turn about and shuffle away looking for another door to peer thro!

:confused:

Archived