The "Vent Your Spleen" Thread

Legend Claws

Old men in hotels, you walk behind them as they approach a doorway with their hands clasped behind their backs then once in the doorway they stop dead almost causing you to spill beer. They look at you as if to say "where did you come from" then turn about and shuffle away looking for another door to peer thro!

:confused:

Old people in general enjoy stopping.

It like a hobby to them.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Legend Claws
Why?

Did you think it was going to becrap and then it proved you wrong?

:P

I just wish they had never made it!

And Ray Winstone is a tool.

2 things.

Shopkeepers on the phone when your trying to get served. The height of ignorance IMO.

Lollipop man/woman working at a place where there are pedestrian traffic light crossings. Am i missing the point of this or is there really any need to have lollipop poeple working at a crossing that can be crossed just by pressing a button?

Here's another:

Folk who pronounce Budapest as "Boo-dah-pesht" but don't pronounce Paris "Pah-ree"; France "Frohnce"; Prague "Praha", or basically any other place in its local accent/dialect.

Get consistent people.

That one bugs me as well.

What is wrong with using the English versions of place names when speaking in English? Why do we HAVE to call Bombay Mumbai?

IIRC Ayres Rock is another place where we are now expected to use the Aboriginal name.

Toxteth O'Grady

Companies that dig a hole in the road & put up temporary traffic lights and then leave them for weeks without anyone doing any work.

:mad:

Rawrrrrrrr

People who are crap at there jobs and huff and moan about the workload and being stressed etc

If your not good enough quit, or get better

Dont annoy the rest of us

Adi Dassler

When the bus/train is packed and somebody is sitting in one seat and using the other for their bag.

Folk who hang around the front of the bus queue and then try and dodge on when the bus comes.

The lassie who gets on my bus in the morning with the big pink headphones on and is constantly laughing at whatever is on her iPod. You are quite clearly half daft and if i had female reproductive organs i would put the boot right in.

Sneakily changing the platform for the Edinburgh to Glasgow train to platform 2, when it is ALWAYS platform 4.

Just public transport in general really.

People who complain about whatever goods they have bought and then find that they are faulty. They then claim that they aren't fussy about getting their money back and want to stop others wasting their money but are complaining because of principles. No your not. You just want your cash back. Just be honest about it . No-one will think any the worse of you.

folk who park in disabled spaces who are clearly fit, normally young lazy bar stewards,happens at supermarkets and shops all the bleedin time

Agree. Shooting's too good for them

People who wear rucksacks on buses. Carry the bloody things. Sure one of my eyes will hanging of someone's strap one day..:mad:

men who sit on buses with the legs apart. You only pay for 1 seat not 2. Close your legs...

People who think they pay for seats on buses :rolleyes:

Oh and smarty pants like me ;)

deesidejambo

People who come home mortal and pesh all over their flatmates toothbrush for a laugh.

I have a different bus one.

The size of the seats. I'm 6'4, not that big, but its impossible for me to sit on a bus seat unless I'm at an angle. Now I always make room best I can for someone else to size down even if this means my legs have to be in the air and I end up looking like some circus freak..... yet people still tut that I'm not making enough space!!!! grrr.... ban people under 6ft thats what I say!

http://scotsport.podbean.com

teenage muppets on the metro playing mind numbing eminem on their cheap tinny mobile phones and thinking that they are cool and everyone else is loving the sounds. total **** that should be wiped from the planet.

and grumpy old men moaning about stuff on internet forums:p

Best bit is, if they stopped looking at us doing it and actually paid attention to the road signs they would see for themselves what times it is or is not operational.... :dribble:

On the subject of non-operational bus lanes - don't you hate it when a two lane road becomes one + bus lane and the people in the inside lane just pull out in front of you even though its HALF PAST BLOODY NINE AT NIGHT!!!!! ITS NO LONGER AN EXCLUSIVE LANE YOU THICK TW@T :mad: :mad: :mad:

That doesn't really bother me tbh.

What does grind my gears somethign stupid is when the bus lane IS operational and those that feel they are clearly above the laws of the road - usually a white van driver or a baseball cap-equipped dunce ned - that belt along in the bus lane while the rest of us are sitting in the queue abiding the traffic laws.

I see it every morning on Calder Road, infuriating.

A Boy Named Crow

Dog sh*t in public places - track down the dog owner and feed it to them!

Legend Claws
That one bugs me as well.

What is wrong with using the English versions of place names when speaking in English? Why do we HAVE to call Bombay Mumbai?

IIRC Ayres Rock is another place where we are now expected to use the Aboriginal name.

Thats is fair enough as it is Aboriginal land and it was stolen by us white folks. Have been there recently and you can see why it is so special to the Aboriginals.

Captain Canada

Idiots who park with the front of their cars/vans overhanging your driveway making it impossible to get in. Then begrudging having to move it when you tell them to. Think I'll sharpen a very big key for the next time it happens!

As I've been stuck with lots of flights the last couple of months I have developed a deep hatred of oversized cabin luggage.

If it's got wheels then put it in the feckin' hold. Every flight is now a battle to find anywhere in the overhead lockers to put anything as it's filled with bloody suitcases. All to save 10 minutes at baggage reclaim at the other end.

Idiots who park with the front of their cars/vans overhanging your driveway making it impossible to get in. Then begrudging having to move it when you tell them to. Think I'll sharpen a very big key for the next time it happens!

I hate that! Also when people park opposite your driveway and make it impossible to get in and out. My across the street neighbour's kids are always doing it to the point where I am not polite anymore when I have to ask them to move...they are visiting their parents who are ancient and dont have a car so why cant they park in the driveway :mad:?!

I P Knightley
As I've been stuck with lots of flights the last couple of months I have developed a deep hatred of oversized cabin luggage.

If it's got wheels then put it in the feckin' hold. Every flight is now a battle to find anywhere in the overhead lockers to put anything as it's filled with bloody suitcases. All to save 10 minutes at baggage reclaim at the other end.

"Men" pulling 'cabin luggage' on wheels are queers.

Sorry, that's all there is to it.

Stuart Lyon

Tam's Bird - the bus seat thing. Other than the bench seats over the rear wheels I think the reason why guys sit legs akimbo on buses is because of the poor leg room. This is based on my sample of 4 buses last night .

Tam's Bird - the bus seat thing. Other than the bench seats over the rear wheels I think the reason why guys sit legs akimbo on buses is because of the poor leg room. This is based on my sample of 4 buses last night .

Im not the tallest (5'9") and my knees touch the seat in front if I ever have the displeasure of using buses.

Thats is fair enough as it is Aboriginal land and it was stolen by us white folks. Have been there recently and you can see why it is so special to the Aboriginals.

Don't get me wrong BB, I believe that when in Rome do as the Romans do.

If I was in the middle of the Outback and I was asked by the Aboriginals to use their name for the rock then I would have no problem with that.

I just find it annoying being told to use foreign pronunciations and names when in the UK.

People using the Spanish Camp Nou instead of calling it the Nou Camp is pretty annoying as well.

On Kickback mods who continue to rename thread titles for trivial reason. Like this one for example.

I'm all in favour of it. :)

Poor grammar annoys me.

I P Knightley

If I was in the middle of the Outback and I was asked by the Aboriginals to use their name for the rock then I would have no problem with that.

I just find it annoying being told to use foreign pronunciations and names when in the UK.

People using the Spanish Camp Nou instead of calling it the Nou Camp is pretty annoying as well.

My beef is not with using foreign pronunciation, it's with using it inconsistently. So if you're going to say "Camp Nou" then please say "Barth-elona". If it's "Nou Camp", then you ought to be saying "Barse-alone-ah".

Tonight, I'm going out for a a paella - "pie-ell-lah" not "pah-yay-yah".

And Stu - I ain't not never had no luggage of any size with wheels on it. Maybe once I'm in my seventies and have had a limb amputated, I'll consider it. Until then, I carry.

Gilberts Fridge

Airlines that cant manage a basic airline function of uniting me with my luggage at the destination as they promise. 3 times in 3 months I've waited at the bagage belt right to the end, and it wasnt BA either. Until they can my girly wheely bag is getting rammed in right the overhead locker.

Oh and people who avoid driving in the bus lanes that don't operate all day - the road from Haymarket to the Maybury being a good example.

Ah see I actually like idiots who don't understand bus lanes. All the more bus lane for me!

Robbos Right Peg

People (mainly women) that come into a pub and ask for a cappa fekin chino or skiny laddie and the likes when I am waiting to get a pint Is there note enough coffee houses in Edinburgh ? What if I went into fekin Starbucks and asked for a Magners cold glass loads of ice.

Oh aye and 'Motty'

Ah, but do you call it the Stadio Olimpio or the Olympic Stadium? Surely the same thing?

coppercrutch
Ah see I actually like idiots who don't understand bus lanes. All the more bus lane for me!

On your wavelength.............;)

I hate people that walk through a busy street with an umbrella fully up. They should be tied down and repeatedly stabbed in the face with a sharp object. See how they like it........:rolleyes:

CostaJambo

Carrying on with the airline gripes, barsteward baggage handlers in thiefrow airport who think it'll be a great laugh to go into the side compartment of your bag and nick your flip or your flop. One of the counts anyway.

Waiting behind a woman at the checkout (shes been there for 5 minutes)who carefully packs her bags and then spends five minutes looking for her purse,have your money ready ffs.

People who dont say please or thank you = barstewards

Im not the tallest (5'9") and my knees touch the seat in front if I ever have the displeasure of using buses.

Tall women dont sit on buses with their legs apart....:)

People who refuse to use their indicators, especially on roundabouts and just believe you should know where they are going by their position (or lack of it).

Signal left before you leave a roundabout and the next lot can come on - that's the idea for making the thing work.

Bad manners, bad grammar, bad punctuation and smelly armpits.

Stewart MacD
Office colleagues who shout across the room while you are having a telephone conversation just because they can't be bothered to get up and walk 20 paces. Same colleague frequently leaves his two mobile phones unattended for long periods which give out really cool ringtones like Livin' Thing by ELO :mad::mad::mad:

Has he a coffee cup you can dunk it in next time it rings while unattended?

Tall women dont sit on buses with their legs apart....:)

Which is why they always look so uncomfortable on buses.

Legend Claws

Women pretending to like a sport to try and fit in or justify staring at the men.

Dix Handley

Co-workers who swap thier shifts around and get it okayed by the management when your on your days off.":1222:witch!"

Carl Weathers
whats really grinding my gears is the advert for euro 2008 and it is all english people speaking on the BBC about which team they will be supporting:mad:also people who dont indicate on roundabouts:sad:

Pretty sure there are two Scots on that particular advert.

One shouts - 'Yabeauty' and the other says - 'surely he must have a Scottish grandmother'...

Have I got the right channel?

:confused:

tokyowalnut

going fishing and not catching anything, especially when the dudes up front are catching sharks!!!

Paulandshark
Foreigners who speak in there own language whilst also in conversation with native english speakers - Rude

People who cannot get the concept of two lane junctions/roundabouts - only your lane needs to be clear ffs, not both

Like we all do with Spanish waiting staff in Spain! :cool:

People who confuse spelling with grammar :)

English was never my strong point, but at least you realised it was deliberate.

Archived