The all new "yay" thread! (aka the anti-seethe thread)

Jimmy_McNulty

Dawnrazor
2 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

1) my wee cousins second adoption got formalised by the judge this week. 

2) my mum got a last minute call on Wednesday that she could get her knee replacement operation today. I drove her through to Glasgow at 6am. 

3) 5 weeks tomorrow I head to Australia on holiday and get to see my sister and her family for the first time in 4 years. 

👌👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• Morgan

• Helzibob

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kawasakijambo
"Judy, Judy, Judy" in a movie? Well, it turns out that this iconic phrase actually originated from a nightclub act rather than a film. Let's take a trip back to the 1950s when comedian Larry Storch was starting his career as an impersonator in nightclubs.
One fateful night, Larry Storch was on stage performing his impersonation of Cary Grant when Judy Garland happened to walk into the room. Seizing the opportunity, Larry used his Cary Grant voice to invite Judy Garland to join him on stage. However, Judy wasn't interested and decided to turn her back and walk away.
In a desperate attempt to grab her attention, Larry Storch shouted in his Cary Grant voice, "Judy, Judy, Judy, you can't do this to me!" To everyone's surprise, this line became an instant hit, bringing the house down with laughter. The next day, news spread about how Judy had snubbed Larry while he was impersonating Cary Grant.
From that moment on, the line "Judy, Judy, Judy, you can't do this to me!" gained popularity and was picked up by other impersonators. Interestingly, Cary Grant himself may have been puzzled by the line, as it has become one of the many Hollywood apocrypha of lines never actually said by stars.
Larry Storch went on to have a successful career playing comic film roles, eventually reaching his peak as the emotional Corporal Agarn in the television series "F Troop." While the line may not have originated from a movie, it has undoubtedly left its mark in entertainment history as an unforgettable catchphrase.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, kawasakijambo said:
"Judy, Judy, Judy" in a movie? Well, it turns out that this iconic phrase actually originated from a nightclub act rather than a film. Let's take a trip back to the 1950s when comedian Larry Storch was starting his career as an impersonator in nightclubs.
One fateful night, Larry Storch was on stage performing his impersonation of Cary Grant when Judy Garland happened to walk into the room. Seizing the opportunity, Larry used his Cary Grant voice to invite Judy Garland to join him on stage. However, Judy wasn't interested and decided to turn her back and walk away.
In a desperate attempt to grab her attention, Larry Storch shouted in his Cary Grant voice, "Judy, Judy, Judy, you can't do this to me!" To everyone's surprise, this line became an instant hit, bringing the house down with laughter. The next day, news spread about how Judy had snubbed Larry while he was impersonating Cary Grant.
From that moment on, the line "Judy, Judy, Judy, you can't do this to me!" gained popularity and was picked up by other impersonators. Interestingly, Cary Grant himself may have been puzzled by the line, as it has become one of the many Hollywood apocrypha of lines never actually said by stars.
Larry Storch went on to have a successful career playing comic film roles, eventually reaching his peak as the emotional Corporal Agarn in the television series "F Troop." While the line may not have originated from a movie, it has undoubtedly left its mark in entertainment history as an unforgettable catchphrase.

I kinda knew some of the story ! She cleverly had it on her classic , some say the greatest live concert album too . But I’m biased 😎

IMG_7213.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, kawasakijambo said:

And her ancestry is Scottish too

https://www.electricscotland.com/webclans/minibios/g/garland_judy.htm?fbclid=IwAR2xBEFRCzWkGDsu1noNRu2KyEUHZnFHqpC0XvjMKoY4NFVSPj9vgi7eVTE_aem_Ac1WNbF4HOJ0_ZP__YYPtG_bp0tgo8KQc9W65xAYfh4KDQiI-7YvM02sYPhwWhH1IJ0

IMG_7217.png

Harry Potter

Made me laugh, Fast Park Key Allocator, 😃, or in working mans terms, a parking attendant.

Harry Potter

Talking about weighing folk before their flight, deffo a health and safety issue, cant have an overweight plane.

• 2 weeks later...
superjack

Just found out that James are playing a gig in stornoway in July, really looking forward to that.

Just to clarify, I mean the band James, not @JudyJudyJudy!

17 minutes ago, superjack said:

Just found out that James are playing a gig in stornoway in July, really looking forward to that.

you're getting overexcited, you need to sit down

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, superjack said:

I am more international ! ;)   mind you lost count amount how many times im told to " sit down" :0 

superjack
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

you're getting overexcited, you need to sit down

I don't know, it may be a good time to get laid.

Sooperstar
34 minutes ago, superjack said:

I don't know, it may be a good time to get laid.

You should spend some time on Stornoway's Beautiful Beaches while you are at it. 

superjack
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

You should spend some time on Stornoway's Beautiful Beaches while you are at it. 

I've been there once or twice.😉😉😉

New Town Loafer

Found out, rather unexpectedly, that I’m going to be a dad for the first time. Just had the 12 week scan - very moving - and everything is well 🙂

JudyJudyJudy
On 29/02/2024 at 11:58, New Town Loafer said:

Found out, rather unexpectedly, that I’m going to be a dad for the first time. Just had the 12 week scan - very moving - and everything is well 🙂

Great news 👍

New Town Loafer
3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Great news 👍

Thanks pal!

il Duce McTarkin
On 29/02/2024 at 06:58, New Town Loafer said:

This is a proper yay.

Best of luck to the three of you.

New Town Loafer
4 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

This is a proper yay.

Best of luck to the three of you.

Thanks, pal.

il Duce McTarkin

Maroon and white harbour tug moored up alongside us. Could almost be a scarf around the funnel. Gorgie rules. Yay.

IMG-20240304-WA0012.thumb.jpg.0f50b758367969491a0c1abdd1fd0631.jpg

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

This thread has been a laugh for the last few days.
I'm not sure if the advert inserts are genius or awful.

Harry Potter

My package from DHL, click on follow my package😅, deary me, get a real job. 

Harry Potter

Just got insoles for my boots, this is not a toy😧, do not eat, honestly.

• 2 weeks later...
Dawnrazor

I ordered myself a pair of Danner Bull Run Moc Toe boots last week, they arrived today, on the box the size says 11.5 but there's a pair of 8.5's in the box🤬

Screenshot_20240319-173504~2.png

milky_26
26 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I ordered myself a pair of Danner Bull Run Moc Toe boots last week, they arrived today, on the box the size says 11.5 but there's a pair of 8.5's in the box🤬

Screenshot_20240319-173504~2.png

erm, dawn you are on the wrong thread this is the :jjyay: thread not the seethe thread

Dawnrazor
12 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

erm, dawn you are on the wrong thread this is the :jjyay: thread not the seethe thread

I know, but I'm ****ing banned from the one too🤬

Sooperstar
51 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I know, but I'm ****ing banned from the one too🤬

Any more off topic posts in here and I'll be reporting you and asking for a thread ban from this one. 

Jim_Duncan
On 10/03/2024 at 15:51, Harry Potter said:

Just got insoles for my boots, this is not a toy😧, do not eat, honestly.

How’d they taste?

henrysmithsgloves

Chimney swept yesterday, roaring coal fire last night and today, central heating working brilliantly. House toasty and warm 🥵 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Chimney swept yesterday, roaring coal fire last night and today, central heating working brilliantly. House toasty and warm 🥵 

Sounds great ! One thing I miss about my childhood is the coal fire 🔥 hated having to “ rake” it out in the morning or go outside to get more coal ( in the frozen winter ) but happy memories mainly ! 

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Sounds great ! One thing I miss about my childhood is the coal fire 🔥 hated having to “ rake” it out in the morning or go outside to get more coal ( in the frozen winter ) but happy memories mainly ! 

Not changed,but the good outweighs the cons🥵

5 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

How much is it for a bag of Carbon theses days?

henrysmithsgloves
38 minutes ago, OBE said:

How much is it for a bag of Carbon theses days?

£29 for a bag of ovoids from the coal merchant 😲 was £17 till the carry on in Ukraine 

henrysmithsgloves
10 minutes ago, FWJ said:

IMG_2791.jpeg

Be cheaper buying them than a bag of coal nowadays 😁

superjack
7 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

£29 for a bag of ovoids from the coal merchant 😲 was £17 till the carry on in Ukraine 

What size of bag? We're £17 a bag, 25 Kg

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Spring weather, 3 C and copious ammounts of rain:facepalm:.

And I’m out and about it in ! Thank deck I’ve got my Brolley 

IMG_7844.gif

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

henrysmithsgloves
3 hours ago, superjack said:

What size of bag? We're £17 a bag, 25 Kg

I think it's 50kg 🤔

superjack
9 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

I think it's 50kg 🤔

Makes sense. Our coal yard doesn't sell hundred weight bags anymore, only 20 and 25 Kg. Mind you, I'm not getting the coal delivered, I stop at the yard in the morning. 

henrysmithsgloves
18 minutes ago, superjack said:

Makes sense. Our coal yard doesn't sell hundred weight bags anymore, only 20 and 25 Kg. Mind you, I'm not getting the coal delivered, I stop at the yard in the morning. 

One thing I've noticed recently the chimney requires cleaning more often. The sweep says it could be the coal or the sheer amount of rain in the last few years. Going to get a rain cap fitted in the summer,see if that improves the tar/creosote build up in the chimney.😁 Cannie beat a coal fire 🥵🥵😎

henrysmithsgloves

Ps , I've noticed a fair increase in log burners getting installed. I have the benefit of a dual fuel charnwood with a back boiler fitted so it heats radiators as well as piping hot water,no dampness in my house 😁 plus it's economical to run.