Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geoff Kilpatrick

It was inevitable that this was going to be another shambles with the Alba feed issues etc. 

It also annoys me that they don't look on here to see the customer feedback. Shite. Complete shite!

It also annoys me that they don't look on here to see the customer feedback. Shite. Complete shite!

It's quite obvious that they do look.

It's a complete shambles though that we have to go through this all too often. I've never had issues with any other clubs sites. 

It's unforgivable in this day and age. Technical issues happen but I get the feeling that we have untrained people with no idea what to do if the wrong wire get pulledd out at the wrong time.

Laurie apologises. No video as there is a "problem with the feed".

Sigh.

Is that confirmed for the whole match?

I'll be expecting a refund if so.

Every time we turn up with 10 mins to kick off, "where can we plug in". The set up should be done long before going on air, and tested.

It is so amateurish.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Had vid there for a sec

Website says "we have an issue with the satellite signal coming from Murrayfield. The signal is very weak and we are trying to boost it."

Seriously!!!!!

How can a satellite signal from murrayfield be weak !!!!!!!!!

This is very poor service from hearts tv !!!!

I find it hard to believe that the SRU don't have the appropriate equipment to satisfy the need for live streaming. These  'interruptions of service' happen way too often fo make that believable.

I find it hard to believe that the SRU don't have the appropriate equipment to satisfy the need for live streaming. These  'interruptions of service' happen way too often fo make that believable.

100% agree with this

alwaysthereinspirit

Had vid there for a sec

Website says "we have an issue with the satellite signal coming from Murrayfield. The signal is very weak and we are trying to boost it."

Don't try to boost it, boost it. Poor at best.

I think I'm going to email them and look for a refund for at least the last 5 games that have been terrible service for international subscribers

Always supported Hearts Tv and put up with the occasional IT hitch - but do think the service is falling behind other clubs offerings. Not sure if the international subscriptions revenue justify/cover all the costs but I'd rather they improve services (potential extra subs) or not bother if it's going to be like this.

I am trying to renew an international subscription and after entering all the necessary details it will not let me proceed or accept or read the terms and conditions. I have tried across multiple devices.

Although going by what people are saying about the poor quality it might not be such a bad thing!

Any ideas?

And another thing......the audio commentary that we are getting is a good two minutes behind the play.  Check flashscore.com.

Having viewed, via various streams etc, several of the other SPFL teams video channels we, without doubt, have an embarrassingly Mickey Mouse set up. 

I am now at the point of thinking it would be better to switch off the Hearts TV (audio) coverage, avoid the scores and watch the Alba coverage later.

time hearts tv invested in better equipment, when teams like Partick Thistle and such who i assume have a smaller number of subscribers can provide a superior product then you know your doing it wrong.

I am trying to renew an international subscription and after entering all the necessary details it will not let me proceed or accept or read the terms and conditions. I have tried across multiple devices.

Although going by what people are saying about the poor quality it might not be such a bad thing!

Any ideas?

The T&C accept button is a bit strange so maybe try a different browser. Are you trying to do it on a mobile or something?

It isn't about the money but I'll be getting a refund and never subscribing to this shite again if they don't get this fixed. Its totally unacceptable to treat their 'customers' in this way time and time again.

And another thing......the audio commentary that we are getting is a good two minutes behind the play.  Check flashscore.com.

That will be as a result of the delay from the not-working satellite feed (you still have to sync the audio to it in case it comes back), plus the buffering time at the online video source, depending on how much bandwidth they have available they'll generally delay by 70-80 seconds in order to make sure they can send out enough video to everyone that's logged in.

When it comes to online streaming it's standard to have at least a 90 second delay and then if you add in the satellite sync and whatever else, 2 minutes is pretty typical.

Having viewed, via various streams etc, several of the other SPFL teams video channels we, without doubt, have an embarrassingly Mickey Mouse set up. 

I am now at the point of thinking it would be better to switch off the Hearts TV (audio) coverage, avoid the scores and watch the Alba coverage later.

How do you get Alba if your outside the uk ?

and twitter !!!

Our apologies for the lack of video this afternoon.

We are having issues with the satellite signal from the stadium, we have engineers on site working on this with the hope of having it sorted as quickly as possible.

Kind regards

Hearts TV Support

I'm wondering now why we had pictures for a second and now we just have nothing ..... Are they still working on the issue or have they just said " stuff it , it's only the international subscribers that are affected , they don't mean nothing "

Geoff Kilpatrick

But the club are "very busy" doing stuff at the moment so we can't really demand a service for something we pay for!

:rolleyes:

The T&C accept button is a bit strange so maybe try a different browser. Are you trying to do it on a mobile or something?

Tried on both a mobile and a laptop. Still cannot accept t's and c's. Infuriating!

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic