Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

jambo in iraq

Trying to connect to live match and my iPhone just keeps refreshing the page .. Anyone got it working yet ?

same here in Iraq. Keep watching this im gonna have a seizure!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same with me.  Got the replay of Tuesday's highlights O.K. but after that ended....nothing.

This is typical of the nonsense experienced last season every time there was a simultaneous TV feed.

Especially after all the complaints over the last few weeks , you would think they would have fixed this , so amateur

jambo in iraq

Yep same here in USA. Absolute joke. It better be fixed by kick off. Let us know if anyone gets it fixed?!

yeh to be honest im getting sick of this. Spoke to some Aberdeen fans when watching the game on Thursday, they never have issues + the production is far better quality. Seriously Hearts, you maybe need to be using another company to do this. Cannae keep on letting down paying subscribers.

jambo in iraq

Is it live on tv ???

aye, its on BT sport, you can get it on Cricfree in a last resort

Can't even contact the studio using the link as the page refreshes before you get a chance to submit the issue

I've emailed support.  No response yet.

Thanks Iraq but we're paying for this.

We should all get a letter drawn up and put all our international subscribers names on it and send them it

Just saw they have posted a message saying they have a server issue and are rebooting...so hopefully fixed soon.

Just popped up but it's hard to read with the constant refresh.  Now I've got a 503 no server message.

Did nobody test this early today? 

We are two weeks into the season.  Of the four broadcasts so far (excluding the Newcastle game which had its' own problems) we have had:

1) No video or audio feed from Elgin

2) Wind blasting of the audio signal throughout the East Fife game

3) Audio only available from Peterhead via a wireless connection

4) Already 10 minutes into today's game with no service at all.

It's getting close to the time to ask for a refund.

Finally came up at 3.14pm BST.

Wifi Chromecasting to big screen working too.

Glad your Apple TV is working.  I spent some time last night checking on HDMI signal blocking.  Most streaming content suppliers seem to consier it a waste of time as there are plenty of workarounds published on user groups.  Looks like the Sports Media people have realised that too.

Still, we both learned something this last week!  :2thumbsup: 

Another poor day with the video stream as well as on the park.

1) The service only started 16 minutes into the game.

2) Signal quality was good in the first half.

3) Once the rain came on the signal deteriorated to the point where in the last 15 minutes it had to be rebooted several times to maintain a clear picture.

4) The entire stream was delayed by 3 minutes after live time.  

It has got to the point where we need to have a site blog on what is being done to get things working and when.

Currently, the "Upcoming Live Fixtures" section only shows next Saturday's game which starts at 4.30am for me presumably since it is being screened on TV.  There are no other games listed so how are we supposed to plan ahead?

This is a poor return for the $12.00 a month charge.   

Desert , thought this might interest you , this is the response I received today from support after emailing them last Saturday morning regarding the Apple TV issue ........

"Hi

The reason why we do not support Apple TV is due to us not being able to secure the output. We were being pirated through Apple TV and we made the decision not to support this device and we have no plans to support it in the future.

Kind Regards

Hearts TV Support"

Surely he's not suggesting that there are millions of Apple TV users just waiting to pirate Hearts TV live match streams without paying the monthly fee?

There are apps out there like "Popcorn Time" which will stream pirated movies to a Roku or Apple TV device but that's on a whole different scale.

http://bgr.com/2014/07/28/apple-tv-torrent-streaming-torrentv/

Once again we have no useful information on the Hearts TV service and its' operation.  I'll be interested to see what happens on Saturday.

Meantime, I'll ask for the terms of service to see what that reveals.

Before Saturday you might want to zip over to Walmart and get a $35.00 Google Chromecast that plugs directly into your one of your TV's HDMI port.  If it doesn't do what you want, you can always take it back on Sunday.

Mirroring your entire desktop or phone is a way to send content from an unsupported app to your TV, so you can use this kind of trick to try and play any video file you want.

With Apple TV, you can mirror any macOS device or iOS device, but there's no Windows or Android support. Mirroring isn't perfect and, depending on the speed of your network, video can be jerky. Content providers can also choose to disable AirPlay mirroring support. Try and use Sky Go, for example, and you'll get a message telling you that the content's not supported.

Chromecast has wider mirroring support with Windows, Linux and OS X all supporting Tab Casting (where you beam a single Chrome tab to the Chromecast) and mirroring of the entire desktop. The most recent Android devices also support mirroring. Currently, there's no switch for content providers to turn off mirroring support, so you can use this trick with pretty much any app or video stream. However, the technology's not always perfect and, despite a recent update that improved matters, video isn't always played smoothly. Other problems have been reported, too, with some people finding that they don't get audio with some streaming services like Sky Go.

With both Apple TV and Chromecast, the big issue with mirroring and Tab Casting is that you have to leave your device turned on playing the content you want. Switch apps or turn the screen off and the stream will stop. This means that you'll use more battery power this way and you're effectively locking up your device, so you can't use it for anything else. With proper AirPlay or Cast support, you can continue to use your device as normal or power the screen off without interrupting what you see on screen.

Desert your one in a million .... I'll try some of the different ways on Saturday, I'll let you know how it goes . Cheers m8

Look forward to hearing how it goes.  

Remember, we're trying to fix this for all subscribers.  Maybe we should apply for the team coach's job? 

I coached kids in Japan for 8 years.  Got the Tokyo American Club to the All Japan under 14 final in 1988.  Lost on penalty kicks.  I was crushed but the kids were great. 

Now that we have at least three "home" games at Murrayfield I wonder how well the streaming video service will be managed there?

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic