Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any idea who was supplying today's feed?  It certainly wasn't one of the live TV channels.  Picture was clear although the stream needed to be re-booted towards the end.  Lack of an on screen score and graphics was a bit strange.

Moving ahead, I see we have no "Upcoming Live Fixtures" listed for Hearts TV at all now.  Does this mean that there will be no audio or video feeds for the next three away games or any from Murrayfield?  

I guess it's possible that there was no Hearts TV contingency plan for any delay in the stand construction or maybe it's the same guy who forgot to order the new stand seats that schedules handles the live broadcasts?   :uhoh2: 

I hope there will be video for international subscribers for the murrayfield games .... if not I for one will be looking for a refund and a explanation why not ..... things have to start improving with hearts tv or they will end up loosing subscribers

I finally got a response from "Support" linking me to terms of service here.  https://heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk/page/terms

Blocking of certain streaming devices appears to be covered by this clause.

Amending the Terms and Conditions

The Club and SPORTSMEDIA GB Limited reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions from time to time and your use of the Site following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. The Club and SPORTSMEDIA GB Limited further reserves the right, at any time, to charge you for accessing certain materials on this Site and/or to make access to certain materials on the Site conditional on you agreeing to additional terms and conditions.

That is, in fact, pretty standard in these kinds of agreements but we really should be notified in advance of any changes since it appears that just logging on to the site without knowing of any changes is deemed to be acceptance!  :bomb2: 

Still no listings for upcoming fixtures so I've asked support for more info.

Response received re upcoming fixtures.

Thanks for getting back to us.

You are more than welcome to send any suggestions that you have to us here in Hearts TV Support. Anything regards to Fixtures we can forward to the correct individuals within the club.

The website's content is down to the club but we will contact them with regards to upcoming fixtures.

Kind Regards

Hearts TV Support

I am interested in who does the filming, editing and uploads the videos of the highlights and press conferences. Just wondering if we pay an external company for the service. Cheers

Since we still have no idea of what upcoming fixtures will be streamed, we're already paying too much.

Doesn't seem to be a problem for Raith Rovers http://www.raith.tv/

Even more ridiculous, Live TV has the games listed! http://www.livesoccertv.com/teams/scotland/heart-of-midlothian/

Every home game is streamed plus any away game that's broadcast live on TV...it's not that difficult to follow.

Joke that in 2017 we are unable to offer Live TV coverage from every ground.

Like I've said many times hughesie in America I get high school diving on live TV with some of the people over weight doing bombs and I can't see a 3rd v 4th clash between hearts and the likes of St Johnstone anywhere. And you get usl which is like lowland league standard live on you be every game etc. On top of that most colleges have better services than hearts and I've operated their live cameras before... It's easy. You take a $200 video camera plug it in and that's it. So so simple.

Well, I see we've finally got an audio stream announcement for today's game.

I'm with Dayman on this.  I can watch my local high school baseball team either on streaming video or a local TV channel.

I see that Rangers are promoting streaming video of next week's game which presumably means that we'll get some kind of stream....not that Hearts TV seem to want us to know.

Thanks Laurie.  Better get a super-cardioid mic with a better screen!  

Since you're online, why can't we get this game and others like it on video stream?  As I mentioned earlier today, I can get all of my local high school baseball team games on streaming video and a local TV channel.

Keep up the good work though.

Thanks Laurie.  Better get a super-cardioid mic with a better screen!  

Since you're online, why can't we get this game and others like it on video stream?  As I mentioned earlier today, I can get all of my local high school baseball team games on streaming video and a local TV channel.

Keep up the good work though.

Hi DD, apologies my previous post was not meant to have a heap of question marks in it, that was actually a smiley demonstrating my frustration but it doesn't appear to have transferred well from my phone to the forum. 

In terms of video streaming for away matches this is something I've asked about before and the short answer is that the costs associated with it are extremely high, as we would have to get in a mobile broadcast unit (which I believe is what Celtic TV do). 

As you will be aware, we often can't even rely on getting an ISDN line at opposing grounds that allows us to provide audio coverage so there's no way we can expect facilities for providing full video as well, which is why a separate unit (the kind you see when the TV companies are in town, but on a smaller scale) would be required. 

I know it's frustrating, especially in this day and age, however we're in the same boat as Hibs TV and Red TV, to compare with clubs of similar size, who can do video at home matches but for most away games it's just audio. 

Obviously a club of Celtic's size can afford the addition costs of their own mobile unit so they can cover away trips as well, which Rangers TV most likely do as well (I haven't checked their service for a while though), but the rest of us can't unfortunately.

In terms of comparisons with local sport coverage in the US, I honestly don't know what they use or why they can provide more video streaming than us - I don't want to pretend I know the technical side of any of this, because I don't! 

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for your response.  You're probably aware that the BBC "audio blowback" got louder when Isma got sent off!

I appreciate that cost is a factor with a "mobile unit" but I don't mind checking around to see what the local colleges and schools do here.  I'm sure the other guys in the U.S. Canada and elsewhere can help too.

However, one thing does immediately come to mind.  If Hibs TV and Red TV. and probably others, are in the "same boat," why not pool resources?  Why not extend their home game video streams to Hearts TV subscribers when we're playing at their grounds and do the same in return for their fans?  

Moving on now to Murrayfield, what will happen there from the home game against Aberdeen onwards?  Some news would be helpful.  

https://rangers.co.uk/tv/access-denied.php?c=&it=15947&act=view

?6 to Rangers if you want to watch our game this weekend.

I do find it a bit strange that Hearts TV doesn't offer a game by game offer as it would probably encourage fans of the Away team to pay up as well instead of forcing them into a 1 month subscription.

Hughsie has a point.  Whether it would justify the expense of the additional transactions is a question that only Media Sports and the club can answer.  There's also the issue of the streaming bandwidth problems that occurred during the Newcastle game last month because the video stream was opened to U.K. subscribers and quite a few from Newcastle seemingly logged in.

I see that we today have Hearts TV WEB page fixtures announced for audio only during the Rangers and Motherwell away games.  That effectively means that will will have received no live video at all in August for our subscription.  I suppose we will get additional home game video streams for the reverse fixtures during the winter months but it's got to the point where the club needs to take a good look at how this service is being operated and how it can be improved.

An email questionnaire to existing subscribers would be a good start.

Moving on now to Murrayfield, what will happen there from the home game against Aberdeen onwards?  Some news would be helpful.  

Hi DD, 

The honest truth of the matter is that at the moment they are still in talks over how coverage will work from Murrayfield. I don't know much more than that at the moment, obviously we were planning for how the coverage was going to work from Tynecastle from the 9th September so the delay threw a spanner in the works for a number of things, including Hearts TV.

Hopefully there will be an update soon on this matter but until arrangements are confirmed I can understand that the club won't want to make any commitments on the website (that's my opinion incidentally, not coming from the club itself necessarily!)

Hi Laurie,

They way things have been going this season so far, that's pretty much what I expected.  Your input is much appreciated but who is the main contact for the Hearts TV service?  Is it someone at the club or is it Media Sports?  Since extensive changes are being made to the stadium this would seem to be a good time to establish how best to provide the Hearts TV service both in the interim and, more importantly, in the long term after the new stand is completed.   

Meantime, if you are doing the audio commentary on Saturday, I hope you get a bit more elbow room from the BBC and others!

TyphoonJambo

Much as it pains me I've just paid ?5.99 to The Rangers TV for the match on Saturday. Cannae wait. HHGH

Thinking of doing the same, with great reluctance, though the commentary will have to be off. Listened to it once before, pure torture!

CanadianJamTart

Why is the Rangers match not being shown on Hearts TV? Usually certain away matches are shown (Hibs, Rangers, Celtic, etc). Well, last season they were.

I'm pretty sure that away games that we saw on Hearts TV last season were also on live TV in the U.K. and, if on Sky Sports, we got them live on Fox Soccer too.

It is a good question though.  Why not ask Hearts TV support on their WEB site to see what kind of response they give?

jambo in iraq

Yes unfortunately I'll be paying for rangers tv also

I actually felt dirty putting in my credit card number. I suggested last year some sort of reciprical arrangement, cannot see how rangers would object. Not sure of figures but i guess Hearts international fans who would pay for this will be at tops in the low hundreds, yet when Rangers et Celtic come to us, their international fans would be much more. Win win. Only snag is that when the OF are away 9/10 it will be on Sky or BT. The football bosses have really cocked up having Hibs and Hearts visits to Ibrox as 3pm saturday kickoffs.

Maybe I missed this somewhere but can anyone tell me if Hearts TV will be showing video coverage for international subscribers. It will it just be audio again like it was last week?

Maybe I missed this somewhere but can anyone tell me if Hearts TV will be showing video coverage for international subscribers. It will it just be audio again like it was last week?

Double post

Edited by Rud1Skacel

Hi,

It will be audio only today, no tv coverage of the match so no video feed for us this afternoon I'm afraid.

Laurie

Audio stream has been good so far but we've been getting wind noise in Laurie's mic from about 20 minutes in.  Need to fix that guys.

jambo in iraq

Audio stream has been good so far but we've been getting wind noise in Laurie's mic from about 20 minutes in.  Need to fix that guys.

Laurie, can you not get one of those big hairy things to go over the mic?

Apart from the wind noise a very good commentary by Laurie.  

Was there wind noise on the Rangers TV commentary too?

Apart from the wind noise a very good commentary by Laurie.

Was there wind noise on the Rangers TV commentary too?

Only the voices of their commentator Tom someone and Peter Lovenkrands

I really hope we can get a simalar broadcast from hearts tv as rangers tv have .... correct me if I'm wrong but don't sports media do there's as well as ours ..... the quality and content was outstanding....

I love Laurie and jimmy and if we can start to base the quality of rangers tv around these two guys then we have a winner with hearts tv ...... I know rangers may have a slightly higher budget than us but surely it can't be that much of a difference to get to an acceptable level for international subscribers for us abroad

I just had a quick look over there.  The terms and conditions of their user agreement are different from the copy posted by Sports Media so it may be a different operator.

I take it your Apple TV mirror worked O.K?

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic