Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But the club are "very busy" doing stuff at the moment so we can't really demand a service for something we pay for!

:rolleyes:

"Time is on our side".  Asshats.

Edited by Hendricks

Aberdeen's red tv satellite signal is down too, so maybe not hearts tv fault and there actually is an issue?

Or Aberdeen also use Verizon Media to produce their international service like Hearts do

Red tv will not get video as it's an away game for them

Apparently they too were trying to use the BBC Alba feed, which is something we're supposed to be able to start doing for away matches that will be on the Alba tape delay going forward.

That is if the satellite signal will work.

Ok .. Maybe not hearts tv fault ... But service still needs improvement

Assuming Aberdeen use the same online media production company to produce their broadcasts it is still Hearts TV's fault in the sense that they've not binned a provider who can't get it right for weeks in a row.

I'm not having that its not Hearts fault. There is always an excuse. The service we receive is completely amateurish and clubs with way smaller budgets and way less subscribers provide a vastly superior service. Its a complete joke and they are taking the piss. They have known for weeks this fixture was taking place at Murrayfield and all of this should have been checked. Piss poor and will be demanding a refund. 

Edited by Hendricks

We should gather names on here and send a letter or email of complaint to hearts tv , all international subscribers to get involved and threat to withdraw subs if no improvement is made

Agreed....both Jimmy and Laurie have grown into this.  Must be just as disappointing for them as us to have to put up with the terrible service.

jambo in iraq

We should gather names on here and send a letter or email of complaint to hearts tv , all international subscribers to get involved and threat to withdraw subs if no improvement is made

I'm in for that too but since we only ever seem to get a response from Laurie, who do we direct it to?  "Support" hasn't even bothered to respond to me today and it's already half time.

With all due respect to Laurie this needs to be escalated above him. He's been aware how bad its been for a long time and nothing changes. The club have been happy to take the subs and provide zero value for money. Today should be the straw that broker the camels back. Absolutely abysmal service.

I'm going to try to set something up so we can present whoever with a email or letter of complaint ... I'll look into it next few days and report back and see who wants to get involved

On the HD icon in the bottom of the player, change to "auto" for the most reliable frame rate or try 720p if you want best quality but risk buffering

Glad I didn't take the morning off work now... But I avoided the score till now and still nothing uploaded to hearts tv. We used to have the first half online nearly before the second half was finished!!

I'm in for that too but since we only ever seem to get a response from Laurie, who do we direct it to?  "Support" hasn't even bothered to respond to me today and it's already half time.

Ann Budge!

I feel for you guys abroad, I really do!

At least I cut myself off from family and watched Alba "as live."

What a joy not having ten men and their pony wittering on as with BT Sport.  Caught the first half of the Man U game and that commentary format is absolutely dreadful.  Apart from anything else, Hoddle trying to sound wise with a voice that can't overcome the noise of the crowd - waste of time.

BT Sport, please give us a "No commentary" option and, I would add for Hearts supporters, Hearts TV how about some pictures!!!

So when can we expect the apologies and excuses?  Not even a statement on the website as far as I can see. Beyond pathetic at this stage.

Are we just going to be ignored entirely and for the utterly shite service to continue......?  Anyone?

I've cancelled my subscription no point in it if we don't get to watch away games and if even our games at Murrayfeild aren't going to work.

I'm getting to that point too.  We still have no news about Saturday's game at Hamilton and not a peep about last week's problems or any of the other problems that have occurred every week this season.

I see the WEB site has now posted the annuncement of audio streaming for the next three away games, starting tomorrow.

Let's see how well that goes.

Afternoon folks,

As you'll see from the site we'll have audio coverage coming up for the next few matches, starting today in Hamilton (just on the train down at the moment).

Completely understand the frustration on Saturday, I was told that we'd have pictures right up until a minute or two before kick off when I got a message down to me that it wasn't working. On this occasion I genuinely don't know what the problem was I'm afraid, so won't try to provide an explanation. You guys obviously have contact details for the Hearts TV tech team and I can see some have made contact, probably the best route to any follow ups on Saturday's issues if you're looking to discuss further.

If I can get any further details I'll pass them on, or news of upcoming matches.

Apologies for the issues and subsequent frustrations for you guys.

Laurie

Afternoon folks,

As you'll see from the site we'll have audio coverage coming up for the next few matches, starting today in Hamilton (just on the train down at the moment).

Completely understand the frustration on Saturday, I was told that we'd have pictures right up until a minute or two before kick off when I got a message down to me that it wasn't working. On this occasion I genuinely don't know what the problem was I'm afraid, so won't try to provide an explanation. You guys obviously have contact details for the Hearts TV tech team and I can see some have made contact, probably the best route to any follow ups on Saturday's issues if you're looking to discuss further.

If I can get any further details I'll pass them on, or news of upcoming matches.

Apologies for the issues and subsequent frustrations for you guys.

Laurie

Laurie my friend , I don't mean to get on your back or start involving you in the mess that is hearts tv at the moment ( you and jimmy do a fantastic job ) but you Laurie seem to be the only one that is listening to our complaints ,

Laurie as you know it's not just Saturday that is the issue , the whole package that is hearts tv over the last few months has been nothing but a shambles .

We are paying good hard earned money for a service that we are just not getting at the moment . It's like going to the shops and buying a loaf oh breed and the person saying " well we have nae breed the day m8 , but geese yir money anyway and I might get it next week for yi "

It's getting to the point now where people on here who have been long term subscribers are now cancelling there subs .

If the club could make some sort of short announcement or comment as to what the plan is going forward we who pay the money would maybe be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel with the hearts tv fiasco.

Hearts tv for xpats is a godsend to us !!!!!!!!

Can we at least get some confirmation that the home games coming up will be screened live video for international subscribers.

Laurie please feel free to pass this on to whoever you think might listen to it , and I repeat again , this in no way reflects the wonderful job you and jimmy do .

Thanks Laurie

Steve nelson

Agree with all that Steve says.

Meantime, here are a few questions for the next three away games. 

It appears that Hamilton do not have a TV streaming service so we are stuck with an audio stream.  Is that correct?  Last year I watched an excellent stream from Firhill courtesy of Partick Thistle but, this season, their "Jags TV" site seems to have disappeared.  Is their service no longer functioning? 

Dundee have their "DEETV" service.  Isn't it possible to hook up with them to stream video of the game at Dens Park?

So far, so good with the audio commentary.  Stream is clear without glitches.  Chrome Casting via wifi to my home audio system so I can listen throughout the house.

Laurie, you still need a pop filter on that mic or the service engineer needs to activate filtering on his console.  It's not doing your excellent commentary any favours.

Yes good sounds coming from Laurie.... A little annoying is the Twitter feed on the screen is ahead of Laurie commentary.... I also have it cast to the living room :)

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic