the exploited at hellfest singing **** you rangers hearts have won the league

wattie exploited

Quite cringey like. I'd rank it alongside drunken arseholes who sing football chants whilst walking down Lothian Road.

Probably get watties rifle but i was a mod growin up in the big scheme.

Still appreciate that lads formed the exploited and they were from my side of the street.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wattie exploited

The venchie .......memories

I help[ed build the venchie when I was on one of those yop schemes like work for ?28 .50 a week ***** ! 

wattie exploited

Probably get watties rifle but i was a mod growin up in the big scheme.

Still appreciate that lads formed the exploited and they were from my side of the street.

:thumbs_up:

I help[ed build the venchie when I was on one of those yop schemes like work for ?28 .50 a week ***** !

Spent many a day skivin the school up there .

Mind the hut next to it .

Jimmy boyle did a bit work up there as well at the time.

Wester hailes might not have been a great place for my mother but i had a great childhood.

He Who Cannot Be Named

a long time ago we went to Gwars Studio that they had there in Richmond , great times ! also done many festivals with them over the years  :rifle:  :rifle:

Haha sounds like a lot of fun. Do you remember the Newtown Grunts Wattie? Didn't Dave play bass in The Exploited for a while? The have a split release with that band Ann Berreta from Richmond.

wattie exploited

Haha sounds like a lot of fun. Do you remember the Newtown Grunts Wattie? Didn't Dave play bass in The Exploited for a while? The have a split release with that band Ann Berreta from Richmond.

I know the name but cant think I have heard any of their music 

wattie exploited

Spent many a day skivin the school up there .

Mind the hut next to it .

Jimmy boyle did a bit work up there as well at the time.

Wester hailes might not have been a great place for my mother but i had a great childhood.

that's when I worked up there with Jimmy Boyle was a bit off a violent place  mind you I grew up In Granton in the train spotting days and that was a tough place to grow up at the time !!

wattie exploited

?28:50 high flyer haha yeeeessss

Exactly slave labour !!!!!    thats the tory,s way ! and still is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rifle:  :rifle:

Watt-Zeefuik

a long time ago we went to Gwars Studio that they had there in Richmond , great times ! also done many festivals with them over the years :rifle::rifle:

Was quite sad Dave from GWAR passed. I'd hoped to catch them live when we moved here. I confess I didn't know much about Avail before getting here, but luckily there are still a few decent DJs on the air willing to educate a fellow.

wattie exploited

Was quite sad Dave from GWAR passed. I'd hoped to catch them live when we moved here. I confess I didn't know much about Avail before getting here, but luckily there are still a few decent DJs on the air willing to educate a fellow.

Dave was a really nice guy and Gwar have always been great 

Telling someone their music is shite is like telling them there wife is ugly, it won't achieve anything. I don't like the music but enjoyed the video. He's not posted it for a music review ffs.

This, no such thing as bad music, just music you don't like.

Unknown user

Dave was a really nice guy and Gwar have always been great

Not the first time I've heard this

tartofmidlothian

They from Glenrothes?

I saw Gwar at the Venu in the late eighties. They sprayed the crowd with strawbery flavoured blood and beheadded an american tourist on stage. Happy days.

the general

Quite cringey like. I'd rank it alongside drunken arseholes who sing football chants whilst walking down Lothian Road.

look at me type post

crunchy frog

They from Glenrothes?

Aye they were. Best Scottish punk band in last 25 years and dear friends of mine. Apart from the bassist Dave. He was a bit of a torn faced disaster :laugh4:

wattie exploited

Aye they were. Best Scottish punk band in last 25 years and dear friends of mine. Apart from the bassist Dave. He was a bit of a torn faced disaster :laugh4:

your right about Davy he was a bit moanie !!!!

wattie exploited

I saw Gwar at the Venu in the late eighties. They sprayed the crowd with strawbery flavoured blood and beheadded an american tourist on stage. Happy days.

I Was at that gig almost all the people there got covered in fake blood but it was funny to watch 

He Who Cannot Be Named

They from Glenrothes?

They sure are, hence the 'Newtown' part of the name.

Just heard Faith No More on black hawk down. Don't care for the movie frankly but love the shit out the band. Childhood heros dickhead as i was.

Unknown user

Just heard Faith No More on black hawk down. Don't care for the movie frankly but love the shit out the band. Childhood heros dickhead as i was.

Not sure you've got the right thread, but Falling to Pieces wasn't it? The new ones epic btw

queensferryjambo

I was at a GWAR gig at the Venue as well. It was a great night.

I used to love The Venue for gigs and in later years used to love Pure and Wave clubs. Shame it closed :(

Unknown user

I used to love The Venue for gigs and in later years used to love Pure and Wave clubs. Shame it closed :(

LOVED the Venue, my first time was Napalm Death, talk about an intro!

queensferryjambo

First times I went to The Venue it was to see a local band from Queensferry / Kirkliston who played there quite a few times they were called The Shattered Family must have been mid 80s. Sure The Venue was actually called The Jailhouse at the time.

wattie exploited

First times I went to The Venue it was to see a local band from Queensferry / Kirkliston who played there quite a few times they were called The Shattered Family must have been mid 80s. Sure The Venue was actually called The Jailhouse at the time.

your right it was the jail house before it got renamed  :rifle:  :rifle:

queensferryjambo

Found this - 

1391989_570306486404522_3151420821706537

wattie exploited

Napalm Death done a European tour with us just over 14 months ago when I had a heart attack on stage and had to cancel the rest of the tour they are good guys by the way  

Not sure you've got the right thread, but Falling to Pieces wasn't it? The new ones epic btw

Loved them back in the 'We Care a Lot', 'Epic' early days.  Haven't really kept tabs on them but will check out the new album.

**** aye! Pure and Wave on alternate fridays, u.f.o. before that. Was mates with the Sativa guys at wee red bar then later the vaults. They went from Metal band "the leperous allsorts" to hardcore roterdam. Mandonna style reinvention!

queensferryjambo

In fact even weirder just found a pic of The Shattered Family backstage with some geezer who was in some band they supported :)

598963_479558068737315_1998851122_n.jpg?

wattie exploited

In fact even weirder just found a pic of The Shattered Family backstage with some geezer who was in some band they supported :)

598963_479558068737315_1998851122_n.jpg?

ages ago lol !

Unknown user

Napalm Death done a European tour with us just over 14 months ago when I had a heart attack on stage and had to cancel the rest of the tour they are good guys by the way

Aye I've heard that before too, they were something else like!

Unknown user

Acid Reign, Bomb Disneyland, Slammer, Xentrix, Lawnmower Death, The Beyond, Dunderfunk. Happy happy days, broken bones and ringing ears

queensferryjambo

ages ago lol !

Didn't Chris Marshall bassist from The Shattered Family join the Exploited briefly? Think you told me some story years ago about an incident on The Forth Bridge that put him off staying - or convinced him to leave :)

My memory isn't so great so could be wrong.

wattie exploited

Didn't Chris Marshall bassist from The Shattered Family join the Exploited briefly? Think you told me some story years ago about an incident on The Forth Bridge that put him off staying - or convinced him to leave :)

My memory isn't so great so could be wrong.

yeah he was ****ing us about so we threatened to throw him of the bridge ! have,nt seen him in years !

Worst thing about it was it closed because of poncey hotels and whankers supposidly moving into the area. Arsey art gallery now there.

queensferryjambo

yeah he was ******* us about so we threatened to throw him of the bridge ! have,nt seen him in years !

Funny that :)

wattie exploited

Worst thing about it was it closed because of poncey hotels and whankers supposidly moving into the area. Arsey art gallery now there.

your right about that also the police were always raiding the place wanting to shut it down !

Doctor FinnBarr

your right about that also the police were always raiding the place wanting to shut it down !

Where was the Venue? Think I might've seen the Macc Lads there. Walking down the Royal Mile, turned left then right at the bottom of the street, would that be right?

Unknown user

Where was the Venue? Think I might've seen the Macc Lads there. Walking down the Royal Mile, turned left then right at the bottom of the street, would that be right?

Sounds more like Calton Street Studios you're thinking of but the Venue was pretty close by - next to the back entrance to Waverley

wattie exploited

your right the Macc lads played there a few times  at the Venue,Studio 24 is the other venue on the same street but at the opposite end nearer the Holly Rood Palace end . 

Doctor FinnBarr

your right the Macc lads played there a few times  at the Venue,Studio 24 is the other venue on the same street but at the opposite end nearer the Holly Rood Palace end . 

Smithee is right Wattie, it was the Studios I seen them in, its a hard life being auld

wattie exploited

Smithee is right Wattie, it was the Studios I seen them in, its a hard life being auld

the macc lads also played the venue for sure as I know a couple of punks that went to see them I didnt go but I know for a fact they did play there  

queensferryjambo

the macc lads also played the venue for sure as I know a couple of punks that went to see them I didnt go but I know for a fact they did play there  

I saw them at The Venue in 1988.

the general

went there for the anti Live Aid gig it was one long day

Gavsy Van Gaverson

am to busy travelling the world to walk down Lothian road good luck with your shit life mate !

:lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
wattie exploited

Have a good one Wattie

cheers of to america tomorrow  :rifle:  :rifle:

Archived