Rangers - Celtic

Pennywise

Yeh they were pretty rotten!

Just wish they said what they were really thinking.

"So Scott, what's your thoughts on todays game"

"We should have horsed them, they're pish, I mean really,really pish"

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChunkyCharlie

Just wish they said what they were really thinking.

"So Scott, what's your thoughts on todays game"

"We should have horsed them, they're pish, I mean really,really pish"

Aye exactly mate he had to pick his words wisely. Which is unusual for him. Hes thick as pig shit.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Well, that will bring the sponsors flooding back to Scottish Football.

Andrex might be the only company interested after that Sh!t

I honestly hope there was a massive world wide audience watching that. Now they will all know the truth....rangers are absolute dug 5hite.

That was horrific to watch but far worse is the bears den reaction. Some saying they will take that as its not as bad as out could have been given the shambles they are in.

I'll say it right now that was probably worse than a 10-0 horsing. Celtic never once got out of first gear. They spent the entire 90 minutes walking round the pitch (rangers half) with the ball. Only Scott Brown really put a shift in and that was with cigar in hand and Black in his back pocket.

Rangers were so outclassed in that game any one of us could have been in goals for Celtic and the score would still be 0.

We simply cannot lose the league to these jokers.

ChunkyCharlie

That was horrific to watch but far worse is the bears den reaction. Some saying they will take that as its not as bad as out could have been given the shambles they are in.

I'll say it right now that was probably worse than a 10-0 horsing. Celtic never once got out of first gear. They spent the entire 90 minutes walking round the pitch (rangers half) with the ball. Only Scott Brown really put a shift in and that was with cigar in hand and Black in his back pocket.

Rangers were so outclassed in that game any one of us could have been in goals for Celtic and the score would still be 0.

"Beautifully ****ing illustrated"

100% agree.

What, did Celtic have a goalie?  I thought he was away shopping with the wife.

I honestly hope there was a massive world wide audience watching that. Now they will all know the truth....rangers are absolute dug 5hite.

Ah but just you wait for the next load of drivel to come out of Ibrox. Because they didn't get horsed they'll turn it into a moral victory and we'll get the line that they've proven they can match the Premier League leaders and that the chase to catch Hearts starts now and the league is very much their's for the taking. The fact that they were rank rotten and Craig Gordon could have done a crossword to pass the time will be conveniently forgotten!!

Mate just confirmed that aforementioned dross went out live on Fox Sports in the US -- a channel almost everyone gets.

Both teams + the pitch  = absolute national disgrace

Whatever your view on sevco's history I think it is factually accurate to say the old firm is dead

That wasn't an 'old firm' game today. That wasn't 'Rangers'

It was an SPL team easily desposing of a lower league team

Probably been mentioned but wasn't that worth the 3 year wait for the best derby in the world.

After all the hype and build up that it was great to have the old firm game back and all that rubbish from the media, isn't it a sobering thought that, that game was shown in 54 countries around the world.

But of course we are all told that Scotland needs Rangers & Celtic to promote Scottish football, after watching that crap, REALLY

My son's a Jambo

Sevco: Shots 1, on target 0

Only entertainment in game was trying to figure out what Thumb had done with his hair, and why.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Some punter on Sportsound saying Chris Commons was outstanding. The goal apart I must have nodded off and missed his world beating performance.

I made a conscious decision not to watch this game today and having read this thread I made the right decision. Yesterday's game was far better by all accounts as I listened to on the car radio.

What an UTTER farce of a game

Celtic told to take it easy on the Sevco tribute act by Police Glasgow before the game

GFA referee aiding the favourite team at every turn

And I had to watch some of it as it was on where I was - what a dire advert for any sport it was

All roads lead to Gorgie

Has the rioting started yet?

Only if Scott Brown and Lee McCulloch get in the same taxi.

I P Knightley

I'm listening to the radio and Roddy Fudsyth is extolling the fact that the game has become a marvellous sing contest between the fans. 

And all you can hear in the background is a hugely loud version of Hello Hello. 

But Roddy likes it.

I was out in the car and had 5Live on with Proddy mentioning every 5 minutes that it was the first "Old Firm" game in 33 months. Say it often enough and he me'll believe it himself.

He's also got a crap way of pronouncing "Djokovic"; one for which i would gladly boot him in the balls.

The Old Tolbooth

Please, no one ever again tell me that we need that pish back in Scottish football, apart from it being an utter borefest of a game, the songs being sung by each set of fans knocked society back decades yet again, if the GFA had any balls then they'd have a look at this list below and could easily have a field day with both clubs. 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/bigotry-bill-fans-told-the-songs-1089573

Spot on Bauld. 

Your point above goalkeeper was highlighted at end of game when Craig Gordon's jersey & shorts were spotless considering the state of the pitch. I did notice some dirt on his socks which must have been due to another player boot when collecting 1 of the 4 high balls he had to collect all game.

I also concur with the comments about Craig Gordon being on the fringes of the post match celebrations.....he did look embarrassed.

Jambos getting back on track at Alloa & watching this "non event" this afternoon, gives me even more confidence for the remainder of the season.

Nucky Thompson

Scott Brown is an obnoxious little prick. You wouldn't tire of slapping his smarmy face

I had it on the telly and in the time it was on I hoovered and dusted my flat, cleaned my kitchen and did my online food shop. I feel I had a more entertaining afternoon than I'd have if I'd watched it game!

I enjoyed hearing Rangers are 16 points behind Hearts 3 times. Twice from Hartson. Nice to get some attention.

Some folk on here are incredibly hurt and damaged by the fact Rangers only lost 2-0. 

Against the same Celtic team that has hammered us twice in cup competitions.

Malinga the Swinga

Far too easy for Celtic. Doubt they broke sweat in cruising through the match, and Rangers shown up for being a poor side. Only the generous refereeing of Thompson kept the score down. Ridiculous decision to blow whistle and deny Griffiths one on one with the keeper, especially as he didn't even book Black. He then allowed elbows to smash Griffiths before allowing elbows again to foul Guddetti and Brown in about 5 seconds before giving a free kick to Rangers. He must have been under instruction by SFA tomensure that no red cards given and score kept reasonably close.

Finally, just knock down Hampden and either build proper stadium in Central Scotland, perhaps Stirling, or else play at Murrayfield. Shocking stadium and shocking pitch.

Some folk on here are incredibly hurt and damaged by the fact Rangers only lost 2-0.

i definitely think theres seethe in the air, because the millions that didnt bother watching will glance at that result & think there isnt the gulf expected.

i definitely think theres seethe in the air, because the millions that didnt bother watching will glance at that result & think there isnt the gulf expected.

The gulf between Celtic and the rest of Scottish football is huge, they regularly knock 4 or 5 past teams in the same league as them. 

Hats off to Rangers, it was damage limitation with the hope of nicking a goal, they never had that chance they were hoping for and the second goal killed it, but folk going through Rangers for their play smacks of utter desperation. 

As an aside, the armaggedon talk has clearly been over-egged, apart from both sides typical secterian singing, the only thing out of the ordinary was the Celtic fans huge banner with a disgusting dig at soldiers from the great war in reference to Rangers dying.

Amazing the amount of hypocrites who swallow Celtic Football Club's bullshit on here.

Celtic told to take it easy on the Sevco tribute act by Police Glasgow before the game

And I had to watch some of it as it was on where I was - what a dire advert for any sport it was

Were they really told to take it easy?

Craig Thompson broke up play as much as he could to help zombie sevco. He gave them the vast majority of the decisions to stop Celtic getting into any gear. What a corrupt bunch are in charge of our game.

Craig Thompson broke up play as much as he could to help zombie sevco. He gave them the vast majority of the decisions to stop Celtic getting into any gear. What a corrupt bunch are in charge of our game.

:rofl:

Tell me you believe that? 

I mind when corrupt Thomson won us the Scottish Cup tae. :rofl:

Pity that Collum wasn't the ref today.

MacDonald Jardine

What paranoid delusion.

If you watch Celtic this year they aren't fantastic.

There were two major decisions I can think of which favoured Rangers.

The first could have been a mistake because he was watching the tackle as opposed to the ball.

The second I can't fathom but it was in the last few minutes and hardly crucial.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Rangers were awful. Can't wait to play them. They have no fight in them. A bit of fight and they might of made more of a game of it but more than likely Celtic would have upped a gear.

Hackney Hearts

No hurt here. Celtic simply didn't up their game enough to win by more.

True, the 'hammerings' we got were by a slightly larger margin, but I think it's fair to say we acquitted ourselves better in those matches than Rangers did today.

In the first, Walker hit the bar when it was easier to score, then we missed a 2nd half penalty to make it 1-1, leading to Celtic going up the other end and getting a penalty. Then it was only a freak own goal that made it 3-0. Away from home. (we had 9 shots on goal compared to Rangers 1 today)

At Tynecastle, we decided to play them with 10 men for virtually the whole game. And they were gifted a ridiculous non-penalty.  (even with a man less we managed 5 shots, 2 on target)

Perhaps more importantly, some of our play (particularly in the first half of the first game) was better than either side produced today.

MacDonald Jardine

Far too easy for Celtic. Doubt they broke sweat in cruising through the match, and Rangers shown up for being a poor side. Only the generous refereeing of Thompson kept the score down. Ridiculous decision to blow whistle and deny Griffiths one on one with the keeper, especially as he didn't even book Black. He then allowed elbows to smash Griffiths before allowing elbows again to foul Guddetti and Brown in about 5 seconds before giving a free kick to Rangers. He must have been under instruction by SFA tomensure that no red cards given and score kept reasonably close.

Finally, just knock down Hampden and either build proper stadium in Central Scotland, perhaps Stirling, or else play at Murrayfield. Shocking stadium and shocking pitch.

Oh dear god.

Your pals on hibs.net share your views on the referee.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Archived