• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lots of SNP support is gained through grievance.      Stereotypical whining low IQ Jocks moaning about how badly they have been treated by the evil Tory Toffs.    

nice bit of racism from you there, love it

At least you accept the guy was odious.

Does the Tory party honour their former fascists with a lecture at their annual party conference? Or wear tributes to them on their lapels?

You can't help your family, Boris. So I don't see what you're getting at.

Why did Eddie abdicate again? Edited by aussieh

If anti-SNP sentiment equals anti-Scottish sentiment then it stands to reason that anti-Westminster sentiment equals anti-English sentiment.

Everyone knows that Scottish nationalism is driven by a dislike of the English. People try to deny that but it's a fact.

Is it, if we hated the English we'd bleed them dry, not try to go ourselves.

Lots of SNP support is gained through grievance.      Stereotypical whining low IQ Jocks moaning about how badly they have been treated by the evil Tory Toffs.

You need to leave the sheep be.

Gorgiewave

They also don't say whether it was less or more than ?1,400,000.

It says: "The spokeswoman said assertions that the investigation had cost ?1.4 million were totally inaccurate, and that the only cost had been the staff time for Cabinet Office employees."

Even if this investigation began on the day of the leak and required 100 people working on it full-time, that's ?2,000 per person per week in the seven weeks since the leak, or 100 people each earning ?104,000 per year to investigate a leak.

An investigation like that would only be possible in a petro state so just...gonnae no.

Edited by Gorgiewave

At the same time the Yes camp couldn't answer how pensions would be afforded, what the currency would be and a raft of questions regarding the EU.

You can blame No all you want for losing. But there were huge faults with the Yes camp. Ones which holed them below the line before No got going. Salmond's inability to realise his own faults has bread a myth that negativity from No won it. But the onus of proof to win was on Yes, and frankly to the majority the reasonable doubt on currency and other issues weren't dealt with well enough to win.

No ran a shit campaign and won. Yes ran an equally shit campaign and lost. Both were rancid. Neither inspired enough. Neither developed an inclusive agenda - look at the failure of yes as an official campaign to offer a vision that was more than the SNP and the no camp failed to offer more than just say no.

Woeful on both sides and it's surprising people were able to make a decision.

I wasn't arguing about losing the referendum - and of course I concede that spotting or creating chinks in the YES economic case worked - something the YES campaign was not very good at rebutting.

The point I was making is that Magnator cannot have it all ways in arguing that Scottish nationalism is bad/negative when it at least got an apathetic electorate off it's bum and interested in politics again - and it is also clearly a left-wing, encompassing, civic nationalism. That was one of the positives of the whole thing that people are once again engaged. Nor can he sit and espouse 'Nationalism is bad' rhetoric and smear a good portion of the electorate as wrong without advancing facts for this. 

Surely it must sit uneasy with him, logically, if we look at the voting result of an electorate who grew up during the referendum campaign and, despite voting NO, have still chosen to reject the mainstream parties. Rather than accept this result he'd prefer to loftily place himself and his opinion above that of all others who disagree with him. Like others below he's not alone in suggesting that SNP voters have a low IQ (and probably the presumption that it's only C2 D E groups voting SNP too). That's just snobbery, I'd suggest like a typical tory but he's a labour voter isn't he? ;)

British nationalism - particularly the brutal, expansionist type we exported across the globe, is not a good thing in my opinion - in fact the damage we did in Africa and in the Middle East is still patently obvious. We still want to wave Trident as an imperialist phallus at other nations and we still get involved in US military adventurism even though it's obvious we are only killing people to protect US oil & monetary interests.

If you believe in the UK over a separate Scotland then you cannot play semantics and say you aren't a British Nationalist because you are. Otherwise why the **** aren't you campaigning for the end of the UK as a state and it's seccession into a united Europe as a progression into an eventual "one world" nation? I'd wager there's more chance of Hibs winning the Premier league next season than Magnator holding a global citizen/world without borders philosophy. 

I wasn't arguing about losing the referendum - and of course I concede that spotting or creating chinks in the YES economic case worked - something the YES campaign was not very good at rebutting.

The point I was making is that Magnator cannot have it all ways in arguing that Scottish nationalism is bad/negative when it at least got an apathetic electorate off it's bum and interested in politics again - and it is also clearly a left-wing, encompassing, civic nationalism. That was one of the positives of the whole thing that people are once again engaged. Nor can he sit and espouse 'Nationalism is bad' rhetoric and smear a good portion of the electorate as wrong without advancing facts for this.

Surely it must sit uneasy with him, logically, if we look at the voting result of an electorate who grew up during the referendum campaign and, despite voting NO, have still chosen to reject the mainstream parties. Rather than accept this result he'd prefer to loftily place himself and his opinion above that of all others who disagree with him. Like others below he's not alone in suggesting that SNP voters have a low IQ (and probably the presumption that it's only C2 D E groups voting SNP too). That's just snobbery, I'd suggest like a typical tory but he's a labour voter isn't he? ;)

British nationalism - particularly the brutal, expansionist type we exported across the globe, is not a good thing in my opinion - in fact the damage we did in Africa and in the Middle East is still patently obvious. We still want to wave Trident as an imperialist phallus at other nations and we still get involved in US military adventurism even though it's obvious we are only killing people to protect US oil & monetary interests.

If you believe in the UK over a separate Scotland then you cannot play semantics and say you aren't a British Nationalist because you are. Otherwise why the **** aren't you campaigning for the end of the UK as a state and it's seccession into a united Europe as a progression into an eventual "one world" nation? I'd wager there's more chance of Hibs winning the Premier league next season than Magnator holding a global citizen/world without borders philosophy.

Class post.

Psychedelicropcircle

Totally on the money's this post, chocolate Tory boy is trying to make out SNP voters (no matter how many times you claim to not be a nationalist just for the sake of independence) are the underclass. Bitter man who's bitterness since May 7th is ramped up beyond healthy.

Totally on the money's this post, chocolate Tory boy is trying to make out SNP voters (no matter how many times you claim to not be a nationalist just for the sake of independence) are the underclass. Bitter man who's bitterness since May 7th is ramped up beyond healthy.

Spot on.

All the bratz(british nationalists), have been losing their tiny minds since that day, oh what a day.

Gorgiewave

1. Your first highlighted point is completely laughable. It is not encompassing, it's not left wing and it's not civic.

2. Where is the oil in Afghanistan? Where is the oil in Bosnia?

3. It's its FFS, not it's.

1. Your first highlighted point is completely laughable. It is not encompassing, it's not left wing and it's not civic.

2. Where is the oil in Afghanistan? Where is the oil in Bosnia?

3. It's its FFS, not it's.

Excuse me buffalo soldier, what are going to go post Scottish Independence, leave?.

Oh, wait a minute.

Malinga the Swinga

Excuse me buffalo soldier, what are going to go post Scottish Independence, leave?.

Oh, wait a minute.

Ther will never be a post Scottish Independence Day, because the silent majority will always vote it down, regardless of what the noisy majority believe. Defeated it once, will do it again.

Ther will never be a post Scottish Independence Day, because the silent majority will always vote it down, regardless of what the noisy majority believe. Defeated it once, will do it again.

Not.

Read your post again.

The Mighty Thor

So the SNP are currently sitting in Westminster honouring this poem:

"Now when London is threatened,

With devastation from the air

I realise, horror atrophying me,

That I hardly care"

Is that not basically tantamount to treason?

Yes. Definitely.

Hang on a minute.........what's this?

"And like a torrent rush

Rebellious Scots to crush"

Well I never. Its the all encompassing, better together, good old 'British' national anthem.

The Mighty Thor

He'll get back to you shortly. He's hammering the arse out of google and wiki for a rebuttal. If he's switched on he'll use the Daily Mail online. Edited by The Mighty Thor

He'll get back to you shortly. He's hammering the are out of google and wiki for a rebuttal. If he's switched on he'll use the Daily Mail online.

:D

If you had bet your winnings from the quintuple rollover Euro lotto jackpot you'd only have won and tuppence ha'penny on the SNP being dissatisfied with the devolution of powers:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/27/snp-dissatisfied-with-devolution-of-powers-outlined-in-queens-speech

Theyre pish, but theyll have to do for a couple of years, til indy, and self determination.

A country of our own, now where have I heard that before, quality.

jambos are go!

What do the SNP want. If they dont try and get Full Fiscal Autonomy they should be pilloried and pay a huge political price. They should but they probably wont. No doubt it will all be the fault of Scottish Labour.IMO.

Edited by jambos are go!

TheMaganator

He'll get back to you shortly. He's hammering the arse out of google and wiki for a rebuttal. If he's switched on he'll use the Daily Mail online.

Busy day at work, actually....

1. Getting the electorate off their collective backsides is only good if it doesn't lead them into the hands of nationalism - which is, by any sensible definition, a bad thing.
  2. The electorate has not 'rejected' the mainstream parties - what percentage of Scotland voted Labour/Lib/Tory? c33% have supported the SNP and in they have now gained support from other factors (the previously disengaged and ex-labour supporters, mainly)
  3. We don't want Trident to wave our willies around - it is a deterrent. 
  4. There are three degrees of nationalism according to the Oxford dictionary  - 1. patriotic feelings or principles 2. An extreme form of patriotism marked by feelings of superiority over other countries 3. advocacy of political independence for a particular country. I am not a British Nationalist no matter how many times you and your ilk try to bring me down to your level. You, and others, are Scottish nationalists. You just do not understand the words that you are using. 
  5. I have accepted the result. I had accepted it long before the election took place. I repeated that many times that I wouldn't be seething, I would be ashamed of my fellow Scots, and I am. 
Edited by TheMaganator

Busy day at work, actually....

• Getting the electorate off their collective backsides is only good if it doesn't lead them into the hands of nationalism - which is, by any sensible definition, a bad thing.
  • The electorate has not 'rejected' the mainstream parties - what percentage of Scotland voted Labour/Lib/Tory? c33% have supported the SNP and in they have now gained support from other factors (the previously disengaged and ex-labour supporters, mainly)
  • We don't want Trident to wave our willies around - it is a deterrent.
  • There are three degrees of nationalism according to the Oxford dictionary - 1. patriotic feelings or principles 2. An extreme form of patriotism marked by feelings of superiority over other countries 3. advocacy of political independence for a particular country. I am not a British Nationalist no matter how many times you and your ilk try to bring me down to your level. You, and others, are Scottish nationalists. You just do not understand the words that you are using.
  • I have accepted the result. I had accepted it long before the election took place. I repeated that many times that I wouldn't be seething, I would be ashamed of my fellow Scots, and I am.
Im not a brat, no matter what you lot say, but you lot are what I say, aye nae bother son.

Do you actually think about what you say.

Shame on you.

There's a word for people like you, and your ilk.

Edited by aussieh

TheMaganator

Im not a brat, no matter what you lot say, but you lot are what I say, aye nae bother son.

Do you actually think about what you say.

Shame on you.

There's a word for people like you, and your ilk.

I tried to engage you in a discussion yesterday but you refused and simply put your fingers in your ears when faced with an uncomfortable situation with your beloved party.

Until you can show you're willing to have a sensible discussion I won't be engaging with you.

TheMaganator

Quite like this guy Johnson

"The SNP?s most wounding attack line against Labour during the general election was that we were signed up to ?30bn pounds worth of cuts. Yesterday, in a single sentence, Nicola Sturgeon exposed this claim as utterly baseless. The honesty and integrity of her general election campaign is now seriously undermined"

http://www.labourhame.com/the-big-lie-how-the-snp-deceived-the-scottish-public/

deesidejambo

Your use of the word underclass is correct.   Socio ABCs voted massively for No, Socio DEs were for Yes.  That was shown in every poll, from every pollster.   Its a fact i'm afraid.   

Psychedelicropcircle

Your use of the word underclass is correct.   Socio ABCs voted massively for No, Socio DEs were for Yes.  That was shown in every poll, from every pollster.   Its a fact i'm afraid.

Which one are you deeside ABCDE....Z.?

deesidejambo

Which one are you deeside ABCDE....Z.?

I am an AB I guess.     You can divert all you want but the facts speak for themselves.

I tried to engage you in a discussion yesterday but you refused and simply put your fingers in your ears when faced with an uncomfortable situation with your beloved party.

Until you can show you're willing to have a sensible discussion I won't be engaging with you.

How can anyone have a discussion with someone who talks about "down to your level " ?

Don't try and deflect that you are as guilty as anyone on here when the puerile nonsense rears it's head on here...which is pretty often.

deesidejambo

How can anyone have a discussion with someone who talks about "down to your level " ?

Don't try and deflect that you are as guilty as anyone on here when the puerile nonsense rears it's head on here...which is pretty often.

Your point is not relevant.    Everyone, no matter who they are, has the same rights as everyone else on a discussion board.    You can rebut Magnators posts, nobody is stopping you.  Make your points and all will read them and decide on their worth.       

Your point is not relevant.    Everyone, no matter who they are, has the same rights as everyone else on a discussion board.    You can rebut Magnators posts, nobody is stopping you.  Make your points and all will read them and decide on their worth.       

Football's on....

Psychedelicropcircle

I am an AB I guess. You can divert all you want but the facts speak for themselves.

Humour me by explaining the deeside class system? Wots AB?

Edited by Psychedelicropcircle

Toxteth O'Grady

Those with least to lose voted for change - sounds believable and I don't doubt it.

Polls ain't fact though.

TheMaganator

I was talking to Gizmo with that post, not Aussieh.

what am I deflecting? I was attacked and I responded.

Psychedelicropcircle

Nice to see you political types pay tribute to Ian Murray...

Mag will be along to tell us all it's the SNP's fault.

I was talking to Gizmo with that post, not Aussieh.

what am I deflecting? I was attacked and I responded.

Aye, with condescending nonsense like.."You just don't understand the words you are using."

To a poster like Gizmo who has posted some pretty decent stuff.

Tut, tut, Mags...it just isn't on.

coconut doug

Fed up with bias reporting in the MSM, they turn to Wings, Business for Scotland and the National to get their 'balanced' coverage. 

Then they scream from the rooftops about how well informed and educated they are...

We've seen it hundreds of times on these threads

Don't want to conflate you with all this talk of thick jocks and class CDE chat but can i be the umpteenth poster on here to tell you that the past tense of bias is biased.

I thought i'd better tell you since you are so keen on telling other posters they do not understand the words they are using .

Do you think it's hypocrisy to accuse someone of not responding to your post when you did exactly the same to me in post 11409 with an insult thrown in? Who has got their fingers in their ears?

Go on - find something on WoS website that's inaccurate instead of just denigrating the man and the notion of an independent Scotland..

Arnold Rothstein

If you don't think attacks on The SNP, doesn't equate to anti Scottish sentiment, you're either blind, naive, or live in la la land.

You have to be taking the piss? Please tell me you are taking the piss?

TheMaganator

Aye, with condescending nonsense like.."You just don't understand the words you are using."

To a poster like Gizmo who has posted some pretty decent stuff.

Tut, tut, Mags...it just isn't on.

It doesn't matter what he's posted in the past. He clearly doesn't understand the word that he was using to describe me.

TheMaganator

Don't want to conflate you with all this talk of thick jocks and class CDE chat but can i be the umpteenth poster on here to tell you that the past tense of bias is biased.

I thought i'd better tell you since you are so keen on telling other posters they do not understand the words they are using .

Do you think it's hypocrisy to accuse someone of not responding to your post when you did exactly the same to me in post 11409 with an insult thrown in? Who has got their fingers in their ears?

Go on - find something on WoS website that's inaccurate instead of just denigrating the man and the notion of an independent Scotland..

The use of bias there was present tense, CD. Nice try though.

Here's a blog highlighting just one of the many times Wings has either deliberately misled or is just a total moron

http://chokkablog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/sowing-seeds.html?m=1

And here's a nice poster he made using images of dead British soldiers to promote independence.

The guy is the most odious man on the Internet.

7A79DAC7-6017-479A-9B4B-D0F34F41CF83_zps

Edited by TheMaganator

Gorgiewave

See when this pish is all over and Aussieh, Bob Gristle, Nicola Sturgeon and co. are in their beds, I will be buying steaks, cooked how they bloody well like, for Mag, JamboX2, jambos are go!, Mainga the Swinga, Arnold Rothstein, Thunderstruck, jambo 1185, etc.

PM me lads when the glorious day comes!

TheMaganator

See when this pish is all over and Aussieh, Bob Gristle, Nicola Sturgeon and co. are in their beds, I will be buying steaks, cooked how they bloody well like, for Mag, JamboX2, jambos are go!, Mainga the Swinga, Arnold Rothstein, Thunderstruck, jambo 1185, etc.

See you there, GW.

:pleasing:

Hasselhoff

SNP going to increase income tax then to fight austerity?

Is there not a new law now saying that it and vat can't be increased? Or does that exclude Scotland?

Thunderstruck

I look forward to that day and can recommend a very nice Syrah. I will happily supply a case or two as required.

Harry Palmer

When's Dave hoping to make it illegal for him to bump up taxes?

Surely can't be legislated for before the July budget? Will George bump them up then? 

How will the government raise the money to pay for the shit they promised? Can't raise taxes or will they do so regardless? 

Interesting times ahead. 

Another daft question for you, can you be a member of more than one political party and will they* know if you are? 

Ta muchly.

*Politics/Parties

Gorgiewave

I look forward to that day and can recommend a very nice Syrah. I will happily supply a case or two as required.

GW: steaks.

Thunderstruck: wine.

Mag: Can you bring a royal or two? Or at least royal tea towels?

JamboX2: A selection of the best analyses from the general and academic press?

jambo1185: Ruth Davidson if you can get her?

Others, stay alert.