Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood

Not as bad as the aftermath of the referendum. That was real tears and snotters.

Nah this is better.

114k who care passionately about independence. Out of 5.5 million people. It is good going but you would need double that to come over from no to yes. The silent majority will always defeat the noisy few and with the lack of any economic strategy you will have a hard time convincing the majority of the voters.

Not even New Liebour nor the Tories have 228 k,jeez.

That's an incredible sum when NL has 187 k and TORY has 142 k.

Sidsnot now takes the crown from TrapperJOhn as the worst poster on the thread. Where is he btw?

:jjyay:

I'm so honoured sir,is there an award,preferably a trip to Barbados or Ayr.:)

Dusk_Till_Dawn

114k who care passionately about independence. Out of 5.5 million people. It is good going but you would need double that to come over from no to yes. The silent majority will always defeat the noisy few and with the lack of any economic strategy you will have a hard time convincing the majority of the voters.

As proven by this general election result.

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

It doesn't matter which party you support but surely you can't help but have admiration for Mhairi Black. "I don't think there's any need for me to be nervous, it's the out of touch people at Westminster, etc etc... who should be nervous about being held to account".

When questioned about embarrassing tweets. "Well it was 5 years ago... I was 14!!!"

The mere fact that it is deemed necessary to drag up the tweets of a then 14 year old girl says everything really. And it's why the untamed honesty of a 20 year old student is so welcome at Westminster.

No,it's you who is inconclusive,I was born in England,I've loads of relatives in England smarty pants.

So care to elaborate on the Jewish comment?

It was a shocker and you know it.

Don Draper

Sidsnot, you need to step away from the laptop for a day or two.

Explore the world outside Kickback. Play with your kids. Have sex with your wife. Do some gardening. Watch a football match. Stop abusing commas.

It doesn't matter which party you support but surely you can't help but have admiration for Mhairi Black. "I don't think there's any need for me to be nervous, it's the out of touch people at Westminster, etc etc... who should be nervous about being held to account".

When questioned about embarrassing tweets. "Well it was 5 years ago... I was 14!!!"

The mere fact that it is deemed necessary to drag up the tweets of a then 14 year old girl says everything really. And it's why the untamed honesty of a 20 year old student is so welcome at Westminster.

So all the dodgy tweets she's supposed to have made and people have brought up were made when she was 14?

FFS. Using something someone did as a child against them is embarrassing behaviour.

TheMaganator

Absolute and utter poppycock.

I find the attitude of unionists at times to be unseemly and so out of touch it beggars belief.

Wishing to stand on one's own feet and take decisions that suit oneself and fellow countrymen and aspiring to a fairer society is the antithesis of "wee man syndrome".

All the tantrums, smears and insults in the world will not alter the General Election result, nor will the misplaced sense of superiority that the unionist posters like to hide behind.

Interesting that you chose my quote to have a go at - when it was in response to one of your own brigade who made the point in the first place.

Offended by everything and ashamed of nothing. Sound like any other group we know?

Interesting that you chose my quote to have a go at - when it was in response to one of your own brigade who made the point in the first place.

Offended by everything and ashamed of nothing. Sound like any other group we know?

Everyone going by how often people use it nowadays.

Robbie Neilson

Sidsnot, you need to step away from the laptop for a day or two.

Explore the world outside Kickback. Play with your kids. Have sex with your wife. Do some gardening. Watch a football match. Stop abusing commas.

And for the love of Christ, don't confuse the two!!

Hasselhoff

Not even New Liebour nor the Tories have 228 k,jeez.

That's an incredible sum when NL has 187 k and TORY has 142 k.

Who cares about membership of a party? It's votes that count.

So all the dodgy tweets she's supposed to have made and people have brought up were made when she was 14?

FFS. Using something someone did as a child against them is embarrassing behaviour.

It seems some of them are aged. Not sure if all of them. I didn't take much notice of all that talk.

Right...this thread looks like a dead duck from where I'm standing.

When are those nice Mod geezers going to open up the 2016 Election thread ?

**** me.

A referendum in 14, an election in 15, another one in 16 with another referendum in 17 and, depending on the result, maybe a 3rd referendum in 18.

This is going to be a ****ing nightmare.

**** me.

A referendum in 14, an election in 15, another one in 16 with another referendum in 17 and, depending on the result, maybe a 3rd referendum in 18.

This is going to be a ******* nightmare.

You love it, Norm.

Pull up a stool at the bar....let's get gassing.

Maple Leaf

There have been about 130 posts on this thread today alone, so it looks like the thread still has some life in it.

And mods won't open up a 2016 Election thread ... that's left to the members.

Sooooo, if you think it's time, feel free.  :thumbsup:

Gorgiewave

There have been about 130 posts on this thread today alone, so it looks like the thread still has some life in it.

And mods won't open up a 2016 Election thread ... that's left to the members.

Sooooo, if you think it's time, feel free.  :thumbsup:

I did start one and a mod locked it temporarily until after the election.

manaliveits105

Whats with all the weegia stuff from oh yeah the weeg on tv Edinburgh is the capital and seat of parliament so get yer programmes through here we dont want to see yer dirty river high rise shitty flats andvrusty cranes oh aye and that crap squint bridge.

I wonder how the SNP would have done had they been standing in more than 59 seats though?

This is the "big lie" about SNP share of vote and number of seats. If anything, proportionally, they would be entitled to 50% of the 59 Scottish seats (lets say 30 for ease of numbers).

If PR was to use the total UK vote as a guide for percentage of seats, Northern Ireland would find itself being represented by about 8 MPs! So, imo, PR is good, but has to be used in the constituent parts of the UK to reflect local feeling. In fact, given the 5ages, some elected wouldn't due to minimum %age rules in some forms of PR.

And, if UKIP win 82 seats so be it, unpalatable, but that's democracy. The Tories have won a majority on 37% of the vote - that is equally scary!!!

Nobody is arguing it should be a UK wide list, the UK is too big for that. Either larger STV based constituencies or regional blocks elected like the List in Scotland. He'll just use the Scottish list seats.

No one is arguing Scotland should loose seats or anywhere else. But the system needs reformed as 50% of the electorate is unrepresented at present.

TheMaganator

Why are people wanting to close the thread?

If you don't like it - don't post in it.

This constant desire to be supervised by the lefties is why the boys in blue got their majority.

I did start one and a mod locked it temporarily until after the election.

That's what I was alluding to.

No worries if we have to start again, GW eh ?

Although it probably is only a couple of pages back, mods.

I do take the point that there were 130 posts today but I've read them....hence the request....! :thumbsdown:

This constant desire to be supervised by the lefties is why the boys in blue got their majority.

It is a vehicle to get the Mods attention, Mags, dry your eyes.

Once it's open I'll move over to that one.....re-read the posts....no one wants this closed.

ToadKiller Dog

Still a bit to run in this thread as the fall out of the vote continues .

My view of the thread in itself that I doubt many if any have changed their own personal point of view ( not that's what it set out to do )

If anything most members on this threads own views have likely become more entrenched in their own biases .

We did miss the ULy ran polls in the run up to the vote .

Get regular polls for the next election

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

+1

all bout dat laissez-faire lyfe.

Ivan Drago

Still a bit to run in this thread as the fall out of the vote continues .

My view of the thread in itself that I doubt many if any have changed their own personal point of view ( not that's what it set out to do )

If anything most members on this threads own views have likely become more entrenched in their own biases .

We did miss the ULy ran polls in the run up to the vote .

Get regular polls for the next election

Don't see the point in the polls tbh, the ones on here don't exactly cover a wide demographic so are pretty pointless IMO.

Nobody is arguing it should be a UK wide list, the UK is too big for that. Either larger STV based constituencies or regional blocks elected like the List in Scotland. He'll just use the Scottish list seats.

No one is arguing Scotland should loose seats or anywhere else. But the system needs reformed as 50% of the electorate is unrepresented at present.

I'm not disagreeing, just pointing out the laziness when the snp vote is treated on a UK scale, comparing with ukip. Not saying you did that either!

What I will pick you up on is your continual use of loosing instead of losing, loose instead of lose. You in charge of a platoon of archers???!! :wink:

Edited by Boris

Are the unionists on here generally behind the Smith Commission proposals? I only ask as Alistair Darling, Jack McConnell and Malcolm Rifkind don't appear too impressed with it:

https://commonspace.scot/articles/1285/labour-s-alistair-darling-and-jack-mcconnell-attack-smith-commission-devolution-proposals

They aren't wrong. Smith is a bit past its sell by date now. The party who didn't want anything to do with it and belittled it from day 1 has won a big majority. It should be scrapped and a convention held. The SNP should use leverage to include PR in any convention.

Smith like Calman has been left behind by events. Why persist with it?

I'm not disagreeing, just pointing out the laziness when the snp vote is treated on a UK scale, comparing with ukip. Not saying you did that either!

What I will pick you up on is your continual use of loosing instead of losing, loose instead of lose. You in charge of a platoon of archers???!! :wink:

My spelling is atrocious. Lost many a speeling contest :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

To be pedantic, there is one context in which it is fair. That is, to show the overstated impact of FPTP when your vote is concentrated in one location.

Gorgiewave

Aye, it's not. But his companies haven't been that great or long lasting. Got an amstrad computer?

No, nor do I have 770m.

No, nor do I have 770m.

What's he done for Labour? Honestly. These guys are ditching the ship as it's taking a tanking. It's time the UK took a long hard look at itself:

- electoral system - broken

- legislature - outdated - an unelected chamber and procedures which make no sense

- no written constitution

- a clunky devolution system

A constitutional convention should be held. All parties invited who have representation at Westminster and a plan hammered out for a new deal for the people.

And a system of party finance which kicks reliance on arseholes like Sugar to touch is part of that. Chucks money at democracy and wins a seat in the Lords. It's like the past 100 years of progress never happened.

Edited by JamboX2

TheMaganator

What's he done for Labour? Honestly. These guys are ditching the ship as it's taking a tanking. It's time the UK took a long hard look at itself:

- electoral system - broken

- legislature - outdated - an unelected chamber and procedures which make no sense

- no written constitution

- a clunky devolution system

A constitutional convention should be held. All parties invited who have representation at Westminster and a plan hammered out for a new deal for the people.

And a system of party finance which kicks reliance on arseholes like Sugar to touch is part of that. Chucks money at democracy and wins a seat in the Lords. It's like the past 100 years of progress never happened.

But if we're to bin the unelected Lords do we not want captains of industry there?

Shrallan took his modest profits from Amstrad in the 70s/80s and put it all into the property market.

Most of his worth is based around inflated London property prices.

Very astute investments but as pointed out, his companies don't do very well in actually inventing or manufacturing things any more.

But if we're to bin the unelected Lords do we not want captains of industry there?

If they stand for elected office then yes.

A nation comparable to the UK is Germany in population size and regional differences in political opinion.

A constitutional convention could well bring about:

- An English Parliament

- A Scottish Parliament

- A Welsh Parliament

- A Northern Irish Parliament

With a Union Parliament at Westminster. The Commons electing around 500 MPs by PR and a Senate of 100 representatives in the current Lords which could either be elected or which had members appointed by the parliaments of the 4 nations - 25 each.

Union controls pensions, macroeconomics, employment law, defence, foreign affairs, certain welfare elements, UK wide health issues, immigration and taxation on a UK wide basis.

Snp boys getting stuck into the cost price beer on their first evening in the commons. Good lads, noses straight in the trough ;)

Edited by jambo1185

kingantti1874

Mhairi Black :lol: - just had the grave misfortune to listen to her on TV.. Potentially the biggest embarrassment in the history of this country.