The 2015 General Election Megathread

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Jam Tarts 1874

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how borrowing almost ?2bn a week is "austerity". It's a fecking myth!

The Government has to continue borrowing huge amounts of money to pay for "in work" benefits.

Thanks to their desperation to force people off the Jobseekers, we now have an army of people working only a handful of hours per week, being exploited by zero hour contracts, they are not paying much (if any in some cases) income tax and pay very little National Insurance.  They do however qualify for a fair old range of benefits.

I saw a stat recently that showed this Government has borrowed more in 5 years than the last Labour Government did in 13 years.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nookie Bear

Lmao @ that reply,come Friday we will be the masters,your mob can get back to what they do best,thuggery.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Paying people "in work benefits" must be cheaper than paying them jobseekers, so I don't know how that is an additional cost. Also the conservatives inherited a huge national debt with its huge interest payments and a huge yearly deficit so of course debt increased quickly.

Paying people "in work benefits" must be cheaper than paying them jobseekers, so I don't know how that is an additional cost. Also the conservatives inherited a huge national debt with its huge interest payments and a huge yearly deficit so of course debt increased quickly.

Mayne but they cant sanction them

King Of The Cat Cafe

Took my dog into the polling station.

Me too.

Wasn't allowed to watch her vote, though.

Leipzig 51

Well thats what happens when their  pals at the banks ****** it up.

Harry Palmer

Anyone staying up through the night? :)

Edited by Harry Palmer

Aye, me.

Widnae miss this for the world.

Edited by aussieh

Yep, had day off today as sons school was closed so took tomorrow off as well so I can stay up and watch results coming in.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm working, obviously. Will listen to the joint R4 / R5 coverage.

Well, that depends. It's almost always families who qualify for "in work benefits" and if you include tax credits they could easily be costing the state more. 

Robbie Neilson

Yup. Off tomorrow :)

Trying to decide whos coverage to watch though..............

Well, that depends. It's almost always families who qualify for "in work benefits" and if you include tax credits they could easily be costing the state more. 

I should add...there is an assumption that the working poor are new to the Labour market when in fact many of them have always been in work. Wages have dropped so much  in many sectors since the crash. that suddenly people find themselves on such low wages that they are entitled to in work benefits 

Aye , start at 7.00 though.

Trying to get some kip but i have a bet on Seville  :)

No point in being at each other's throats.

I want Conservative win, but won't get it. Will see them win most seats overall but they won't get a majority. That is their fault for not being good enough in polls. Labour supporters want the same but they may get PM with SNP support. If Conservatives are so bad, then shouldn't they have done enough themselves, but again, that is their own fault.

SNP will get all/nearly all seats in Scotland and we shall see what that gets them overall.

In any event, I and nearly all others on here will carry on tomorrow morning with my own life, make the best of whatever happens and support us next year in the top league. Will there be massive changes, maybe, but I doubt it.

Malinga, our politics are poles apart, but I dig your sentiment. Same with Mag, IMac and even Jambos are Go! Gorgie wave can siesta on the naughty step for a bit, but after a couple of minutes hes alright. It's politics! We all believe different things, agreeing on some, disagreeing on others.

I suppose ultimately we deep down all want what we think is best for ourselves and others (not necessarily in that order :wink: ) but we are all bound by a common cause. And, we are all mature enough to respect everyone else's opinion, even if we believe it to be batshit crazy.

Enjoy it everyone who is interested. Bottom line is, regardless, bugger all will change.

:tumbleweed:

Malinga, our politics are poles apart, but I dig your sentiment. Same with Mag, IMac and even Jambos are Go! Gorgie wave can siesta on the naughty step for a bit, but after a couple of minutes hes alright. It's politics! We all believe different things, agreeing on some, disagreeing on others.

I suppose ultimately we deep down all want what we think is best for ourselves and others (not necessarily in that order :wink: ) but we are all bound by a common cause. And, we are all mature enough to respect everyone else's opinion, even if we believe it to be batshit crazy.

Enjoy it everyone who is interested. Bottom line is, regardless, bugger all will change.

Well said. Plus we have another election to fight over next year!

JamboGraham

Well said. Plus we have another election to fight over next year!

Or possibly even later this year....

TheMaganator

:thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Things I want to happen: -

- Skelator Murphy to lose

- Nigel Farage to lose

- SNP acolytes on here to get a shock or two

- Tories to fall short but have the audacity to try a Queen's Speech as a minority government

- Minority Ed to call the Nats bluff

Victorian

I wish there was a delayed count. Move and store all the ballot boxes overnight to early morning, then start the count. All the counts returning from about 10am onwards.

Every time.. great anticipation builds for the first couple of results coming in. In they come.. tells you bugger all and you realise yoy really do have to go to bed.

The Mighty Thor

Good post Tovarishch :thumb:

freddiemac

- Nigel Farage to lose

- Tories to fall short but have the audacity to try a Queen's Speech as a minority government

could be correct on a couple of those geoff

- Nigel Farage to lose

agreed. 

jambo1185

If thats right its a second term of coalition. Labour and SNP cant get there.

Edited by jambo1185

Gorgiewave

I wish there was a delayed count. Move and store all the ballot boxes overnight to early morning, then start the count. All the counts returning from about 10am onwards.

Every time.. great anticipation builds for the first couple of results coming in. In they come.. tells you bugger all and you realise yoy really do have to go to bed.

Piers Doughty-Brown and co. guarding the ballot boxes.

Oh, Ed.

Ed out..............brother in as it should have been except for those union votes years ago.

There will be the usual 'investigation' about failure and the usual changing of the guard.

Once more though hung parliament and Lib Dems that remain will seek to keep their positions in the government

Edited by CJGJ

If we'd have all voted Labour as usual, it'd have made no difference!

Yeah Yeah. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Tories with the DUPpers! :rofl:

Dave passing edicts to chain fec?ing swings up on a Sunday!