The 2015 General Election Megathread

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Leipzig 51

just because you shout the loudest doesn't make you better than others. When the snp dynasty dies we will be there to clean up.

Who is "we"

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

doctor jambo

This idea that the SNP are represented by mad kilt-wearing, tartan-shortbread stereotypes from Brigadoon is a myth put out by the unionist parties to keep their balance of power between those two monolithic parties.

Some of the biggest SNP members I know are English.  They know that the SNP represents their constituents, unlike the other parties.  The Tories have no chance of getting more than a single MP at best and clearly don't care how Scots see them, while Labour took our votes for granted and then focused on the south of England.  The Lib Dems are irrelevant and a vote for them is another vote for the Tories.

I don't think anyone has used that stereotype.

Much as the SNP have never used Toff, Tory, Public School, Elite, Quisling stereotypes when referring to others

What happens to young women's faces when they take pictures of themselves?

Odd.

Still, old fat man in rain mac wants to go around putting his arms around young women, who are we to judge?

Looks more like a Barbour than a rain mac, but I'm splitting hairs.

Leipzig 51

whoever comes next. Politics is cyclical.

"We" made it sound like something you had an attachment to.

doctor jambo

Who is "we"

"we " are the ones who will watch with a bit of dismay whilst our newly elected SNP ****-nuggets march off to Westminster and get shown up for the narrow minded, xenophobic shouty morons they are. When their "minders" are not around I think there will some truly awful moments to come.

Reminds me of all the pap when Rosie Kane , Fox et al with their pathetic stunts for the SSP.

Similar intellectual pygmies being elected as we speak

"we " are the ones who will watch with a bit of dismay whilst our newly elected SNP ****-nuggets march off to Westminster and get shown up for the narrow minded, xenophobic shouty morons they are. When their "minders" are not around I think there will some truly awful moments to come.

Reminds me of all the pap when Rosie Kane , Fox et al with their pathetic stunts for the SSP.

Intellectual pygmieism isn't exclusive to the SNP, Dr!

Leipzig 51

No I don't think thats what he meant.

doctor jambo

True, but currently the SNP appears to be something of moron-magnet.

(though to be fair my toes do curl every time the likes of Jamieson opens her rough trap)

doctor jambo

No I don't think thats what he meant.

You mean Tories?

Its not illegal you know.........

You should be able to say you are

Still a free country man......

Malinga the Swinga

no it isn't but there are some prime examples in the probable line up. As long as they aren't put on the spot and actually asked to explain anything in detail, and I mean anything, then they should be fine. In fact just ask Alec everything and the others can stand behind him, smile and look the business.

Who does everyone believe will really be calling the shots, Alec or Nicola?

I thought Angus Robertson was the SNP leader in Westminster?

I assume that if elected then Salmond will replace him but Sturgeon refused to confirm that. In fact we have seen very little of Salmond during the whole election campaign.

doctor jambo

no it isn't but there are some prime examples in the probable line up. As long as they aren't put on the spot and actually asked to explain anything in detail, and I mean anything, then they should be fine. In fact just ask Alec everything and the others can stand behind him, smile and look the business.

Who does everyone believe will really be calling the shots, Alec or Nicola?

Neither, really.

the SNP will have no active role in co-alition post GE.

They will have no influence

Wasted votes

And many regions will lose hard working good MP's to rosette wearing stoogies

Neither, really.

Wasted votes

Yip, all those labour MPs who had to fight hard to...oh, wait.

deesidejambo

Neither, really.

Wasted votes

This. If my beloved Anne Begg gets booted by that young smarmy grinning stooge McCaig it will be a loss for everyone - she is (or was!) the hardest-worknig MP I've ever come across, and added value and compassion to Westminster in spades.

Vic Vespa

Neither, really.

Wasted votes

Good, I've grown up being represented by red rosette wearing stooges who've never had to work hard to be elected, Scottish Labour MP's who had no real influence as they were from the branch office.

Thankfully those days are gone

Very much this.

People complaining about the calibre of SNP candidates who strangely seem to have no comment to make on the calibre of numpty Labour has been sending to Westminster (and more recently, Holyrood) for decades.

Euphemistically speaking, the SNP is ahead of schedule in terms of some of the people who will be going to Westminster. A shame, but they probably had little indication that the Scottish electorate was finally going to wake from its 50-year slumber and belatedly realise that Labour is actually no good.

Don Draper

Gentlemen all, 

I give you the night  before the day when the electorate of Scotland, if the polls are correct, smiles both blithely and resolutely all the way to the ballot box as it then cuts it's own collective throat under the false banner of 'change' wielded by the greatest ever parcel of rogues of a nation in its history: The SNP.

Regards,

Trapper John McIntyre.

Thank goodness you educated Labour voters know the difference between a possessive pronoun and a contraction.

Random question, do UK elections have international observers monitoring the whole electoral process, voting etc? Or, is this only in countries where there is concern about the fairness and transparency of the election?

Yes, they have them for UK elections. It's a fairly recent thing, though.

Says he drinking bud light in the colonies with a bit of Frankie Millar on the wireless? :)

You in five years, Magster.  :)

The SNP - UKIP analogy is a lazy and rather tawdry one, I'm afraid. Within the UK they are about as similar as the Greens and the Tories.

The whole UK is to the SNP what Europe is to UKIP.

I expected some intelligence from Cameron - and Miliband - on Scotland, but fat chance. Much better to stir up the hatred and give the impression to the English public that SNP MPs will be inconvenient foreigners to be shunned.

I fully get that some people who don't want the break-up of the UK don't necessarily like being described as Unionists (even if that is, in reality, their political position). That is a position I completely respect, and I know you don't have to be draped in a Union flag not to be an advocate of independence.

By the same token, not everyone who voted for independence will relish being described as a nationalist. If I were choosing a name for the party I'm going to vote for today, it wouldn't contain the word "nationalist" - it would speak more of independence or autonomy. And there are obvious reasons for this too, the malleability of the term "nationalist" in the hands of political opponents not least among them.

Great post.

jambo1185

Yes, I would say that of the Labour MPs about to lose their job, only a handful could probably be considered to be "very good MPs". Most are never seen and never heard. Mine is a pretty left-wing Labour guy in the mold most SNP voters are calling for (he was one of the 16 MPs who signed this open letter to Miliband asking for major policy re-direction http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/01/labour-left-demand-change-direction-why-their-intervention-matters), but he's still going to be turfed out and doesn't seem to be fighting all that hard.

Edited by jambo1185

Votes in from the British expat jury at my work (about 20 of us in our area)

Cameron: Arsehole

Miliband: Joke

No of expats voting: 0

No of expats glad to be in Oz: 100%

You hold down a job, Geoff?  I take my hat off that you can do a job around all your JKBing.  I'm well impressed. :2thumbsup:

Unless your job is JKBing

doctor jambo

Never voted labour in my life, totally agree with you.

But anyone under the delusion that replacing one buffoon with another buffoon is progress, is to be sorely disappointed.

Ruth Davidson caught telling porkies again.

11209705_1044529428910597_42755054345796

What will the international observers say?  Is it "free and fair?"

jambo1185

The weirdest thing about that tweet was the immediate response of hundreds of SNP supports demanding proof, despite her not mentioning the SNP anywhere or even inferring it was them. Defensive much? Could have been any party, the fact everyone jumps to the conclusion it was SNP people says something about how the party are perceived. I could easily imagine some more aggressive, panicked Labour lots also trying some intimidation tactics today to be honest.

Glad it's turned out not to be an issue, or if it was an issue earlier that they've moved on.

Edited by jambo1185

Unknown user

The weirdest thing about that tweet was the immediate response of hundreds of SNP supports demanding proof, despite her not mentioning the SNP anywhere or even inferring it was them. Defensive much? Could have been any party, the fact everyone jumps to the conclusion it was SNP people says something about how the party are perceived. I could easily imagine some more aggressive, panicked Labour lots also trying some intimidation tactics today to be honest.

Glad it's turned out not to be an issue, or if it was an issue earlier that they've moved on.

The problem with sending out an unspoken message is that it's still received. We all know what she means by "a certain party", it doesn't do the debate any favours to pretend otherwise

EDIT that sounded harsher than it was intended BTW, not a dig ;)

Edited by Smithee

jambo1185

The problem with sending out an unspoken message is that it's still received. We all know what she means by "a certain party", it doesn't do the debate any favours to pretend otherwise

EDIT that sounded harsher than it was intended BTW, not a dig ;)

We only "know" it because of how behavior of certain SNP members has been behaved or portrayed in the past. Mud sticks, sadly so everyone will always assume the worst I think.

Unknown user

We only "know" it because of how behavior of certain SNP members has been behaved or portrayed in the past. Mud sticks, sadly so everyone will always assume the worst I think.

I haven't a clue who or what you're talking about from the past yet I'm able to divine her message from what she said. 

SNP are the enemy as far as Labour and the Tories are concerned, this is undeniable. If it was Labour, she would have said Labour but she didn't, because she meant the SNP.

I can't take anyone who argues with this seriously, it's as clear as the nose on her face what she meant.

The Mighty Thor

As has been previously pointed out ad nauseum, the Scottish electorate have routinely returned red rosette wearing intellectual heavyweights like Eric Joyce and the various others that have been discredited and in many cases jailed. The narrow-mindedness is when you cannot accept that the people have spoken and they will have chosen the candidate they feel can best represent their interests regardless of their politcal persuasion.

You undermine your own argument with tosh like your last sentence.

so no comment on Ruth Davidson lying on twitter, just more unfounded allegations about the SNP

deesidejambo

Mind you it would be funny if they turned out to be Tories!

deesidejambo

so no comment on Ruth Davidson lying on twitter, just more unfounded allegations about the SNP

There s no evidence she is lying.   For all anyone knows it may be correct - I'm pretty sure she wouldn't just concoct this out of thin air.

I bet this one has more to run.

jambo1185

Isn't it pretty obvious she shouldn't have tweeted it before the police had been involved? Thought that would go without saying. Pretty silly on her part really, I suspect she's just had third hand information from her campaign team down there and has put that tweet out without really thinking.

Edited by jambo1185

Malinga the Swinga

As has been previously pointed out ad nauseum, the Scottish electorate have routinely returned red rosette wearing intellectual heavyweights like Eric Joyce and the various others that have been discredited and in many cases jailed. The narrow-mindedness is when you cannot accept that the people have spoken and they will have chosen the candidate they feel can best represent their interests regardless of their politcal persuasion.

Eric Joyce isn't an intellectual pygmie. He is just a thug, pure and simple.

jambo1185

Mind you it would be funny if they turned out to be Tories!

I thought she was talking about the Lib Dems to be honest.

deesidejambo

I thought she was talking about the Lib Dems to be honest.

Now thats a vision!!!    "New" LD is born!!

jambo1185

I haven't a clue who or what you're talking about from the past yet I'm able to divine her message from what she said. 

SNP are the enemy as far as Labour and the Tories are concerned, this is undeniable. If it was Labour, she would have said Labour but she didn't, because she meant the SNP.

I can't take anyone who argues with this seriously, it's as clear as the nose on her face what she meant.

Of course it's clear what she meant, the point I'm making is the fact she didn't have to mention the party by name speaks volumes about how that "certain party" is perceived (both by its opponents and its own supporters), given they immediately jump to the same conclusion.

Edited by jambo1185

ToadKiller Dog

There s no evidence she is lying. For all anyone knows it may be correct - I'm pretty sure she wouldn't just concoct this out of thin air.

I bet this one has more to run.

Well Dumfries and Galloway council election officials say it's poo and she doesn't have the courage to name the said party or any evidence .

It's normal for activists be they burly or not to stand outside polling stations , being burly is not evidence of comiting a crime .

A poor tweet from a supposed leader

Of course it's clear what she meant, the point I'm making is the fact she didn't have to mention the party by name speaks volumes about what people think of that "certain party" (and what their supporters think of themselves), given they immediately jump to the same conclusion.

Dear God,that is so funny considering the three attacks by Unionist thugs in the past week,dry up.

Well Dumfries and Galloway council election officials say it's poo and she doesn't have the courage to name the said party or any evidence .

It's normal for activists be they burly or not to stand outside polling stations , being burly is not evidence of comiting a crime .

A poor tweet from a supposed leader

Maybe a supposed tweet from a poor leader !

freddiemac

Your posting on this thread reminds me of the despiration of SirGay on Hibs.Net. Perhaps you should start writing some Freedom of Information Requests like those clowns also.

The SNP will wipe their arse in Scotland with your lot of anti-Scottish bigots down south, and represent the people who elected them. The only people pushing for Independence right now are the Tories, Labour, and Lib Dems, who are frantically trying to back out of everything they promised during the referendum, and driving a wedge of hatred of Scots from the English.

anti scottish bigots down south?snp arent pushing for independence?wedge of hatred of scots from english?snp are now trying to put off their prime objective ffa or ffr as sturgeon now calls it .now that they have been told that it is a financial disaster for scotland .tell you what frank ive read some delusionary sheite in my life but this is up there with the best.

doctor jambo

Thor, my issue is not with the colour of the rosette.

It is with the calibre of the candidate, whatever their path.

It is also despair in general at the Scottish electorate and their tendency to vote in sheep fashion

The SNP is the new Scottish Labour

par example- the Edinburgh candidate who mocked the elderly- he will still be voted in despite being a frankly abhorrent candidate.

Mhairi Black? Terrible advert for this country.

jambo1185

Dear God,that is so funny considering the three attacks by Unionist thugs in the past week,dry up.

Ah, so maybe she was talking about Labour after all then?

;-)

Edited by jambo1185