The 2015 General Election Megathread

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Daydream Believer

I always took the view that to hold an independence referendum, the SNP should have signed up not to hold another one for a certain amount of time (say 20 years) because otherwise they could continually hold them until they won, but if SNP did win 58 seats and we ended up with a Tory government, it is certainly going to give them an argument to hold another one sooner rather than later.

(I spoiled my ballot last time so I don't have a strong view either way)

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jambo1185

That Sunderland result is important. UKIP havent taken Tory votes there, theyve taken a massivd swing from Labour.

Could push close second in a number of seats in the North.

Harry Palmer

One case of personation being investigated in Glasgow East - where Labour's shadow Scottish secretary is fighting to hold onto her seat

"Interesting" indicators for west Aberdeenshire and Kincardine I'm told...postal votes put incumbent LibDem Sir Robert smith on 15%...

Edited by Harry Palmer

Robbie Neilson

I always took the view that to hold an independence referendum, the SNP should have signed up not to hold another one for a certain amount of time (say 20 years) because otherwise they could continually hold them until they won, but if SNP did win 58 seats and we ended up with a Tory government, it is certainly going to give them an argument to hold another one sooner rather than later.

(I spoiled my ballot last time so I don't have a strong view either way)

Deliberately? Or you just, like, how do i put this delicately, have Velcro shoes?

Never mind the exit poll or Ed Balls. Story of the night is Andrew Neil's barnet - even by his Donald Trump/Stewart Milne standards, what the **** is up with that?

Malinga the Swinga

According to the bookies, Jim Murphy is odds on to keep his seat. Surely, amongst this carnage, he can't have survived, can he?

Why do Sunderland bother running about trying to get the votes counted so fast. Does it really matter if they take an extra 20 minutes or so.

jambo1185

Nick Eardley ?@nickeardley 29 secs30 seconds ago

One case of personation being investigated in Glasgow East - where Labour's shadow Scottish secretary is fighting to hold onto her seat

Helen McArdle ?@HMcArdleHT 2 mins2 minutes ago

"Interesting" indicators for west Aberdeenshire and Kincardine I'm told...postal votes put incumbent LibDem Sir Robert smith on 15%...

WAK that bodes well for the Tories. Could be a close second to the SNP if the hoover up the Lib Dems vote.

Mackems declaring:

They put a red rosette on a chimp and it pished it.

Bet they wouldn't try that in Hartlepool :lol:

TheMaganator

Parents insisting on watching BBC Scotland election results. :dry:

Dimblebot, Emily Maitlis and Andrew Neill > anything on BBC Scotland

Dimbo is 76. I hope he lives forever but there's a chance this could be his last big politics gig

Daydream Believer

Deliberately? Or you just, like, how do i put this delicately, have Velcro shoes?

Deliberately mate.

(But I did buy Velcro shoes once when I was drunk :stunned:

The_razors_edge

My mate and best man at my wedding is standing for the Green Party in the Dumfries, Clydesdale and tweeddale constituency. Anyone jkb'ers in that constituency?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbie Neilson

Deliberately mate.

(But I did buy Velcro shoes once when I was drunk :stunned:

Can I ask why?

Malinga the Swinga

Snp and Tories neck and neck on postal votes in WAK.

what or where is WAK.?

Daydream Believer

Can I ask why?

Thought they looked decent with boot cut jeans.

I was broadly in favour of independence but I didn't think the SNP cleared up enough about the period of change, currency issues, etc and I thought that it was up to them to convince us.

JamboGraham

Based on that exit poll there are two big numbers to watch out for.

Just how close can Conservative get to 323 seats.

And more importantly for Scotland what is the final SNP share of the vote. More than 45% suggests progress from the referendum. If they get over 50% of the popular vote then I would concede that they are well and truly entitled to place referendum 2 in their 2016 manifesto.

A fascinating night ahead.

Malinga the Swinga

And more importantly for Scotland what is the final SNP share of the vote. More than 45% suggests progress from the referendum. If they get over 50% of the popular vote then I would concede that they are well and truly entitled to place referendum 2 in their 2016 manifesto.

Do we count the percentage of the electorate entitled to vote or the electorate that did vote? Will be disappointing if the percentage drops much lower than the referendum as well.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Hearing that Nigel could be THIRD in Thanet South.

:pleasing: :pleasing: :pleasing:

deesidejambo

Ardbeg time.   GIRUY Nigel, and farewell.  I hope.

Malinga the Swinga

it is unlikely but wouldn't it be good if Al Murray, pub landlord beat him. Stood against him in a direct challenge.

JamboGraham

Do we count the percentage of the electorate entitled to vote or the electorate that did vote? Will be disappointing if the percentage drops much lower than the referendum as well.

Very good point...I can't see the same high numbers of last September but it would be such a shame if we ended up back down to standard general election turn outs.

I susppose we have to count the percentage of people that chose to vote. If you don't turn up then I suppose the conclusion has to be that you don't care?

Geoff Kilpatrick

:sweeet:

Malinga the Swinga

Really poor turnout in Sunderland, much like their football attendances. Only about 57% can be bothered to even turn out and vote.

Robbie Neilson

If Ed Balls and Nigel Farage both fail, I'll lose my shit

If Murphy loses? ?????????????????

TheMaganator

Disagree entirely.

They've spent the last few weeks telling us 'this election isn't about independence' - getting 50+ in this election therefore cannot translate to a mandate for a second referendum

deesidejambo

Disagree entirely.

They've spent the last few weeks telling us 'this election isn't about independence' - getting 50+ in this election therefore cannot translate to a mandate for a second referendum

Exactly.  Independence is well back onto the agenda.    They were lying.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

:seething:

Only 3rd?

Oh well, to bed. Up in 4 hours for work.

Hope everyone's still friends with each other on here, come the morning. :)

Doubt it somehow.

I'll send cyber hugs to Gorgiewave, Trapper John, JamboX2, jambos are go! and all other Labour JKBers if Labour beat Farage. <3

Harry Palmer

Conservatives not making confident noises in West Aberdeenshire. It was high on their target list

One Labour delegate looking at samples from count in Linlithgow and Falkirk East, says it seems 'pretty grim' from a Labour point of view.

and..

computer tablet found inside ballot box at Aberdeen City...Tablet owned by counter at polling station, returning officer says not suspicious

Edited by Harry Palmer

Daydream Believer

Would it be beyond us to have electronic voting at the polling stations? Just press a button on a screen and they could tell us all the results at 11.30.

Malinga the Swinga

Kevin Keane ?@kkabdn  2 mins2 minutes ago

Conservatives not making confident noises in West Aberdeenshire. It was high on their target list

Chris McLaughlin ?@BBCchrismclaug  1 min1 minute ago

One Labour delegate looking at samples from count in Linlithgow and Falkirk East, says it seems 'pretty grim' from a Labour point of view.

and..

Sharon Donaldson ?@SharonD_  4 mins4 minutes ago

computer tablet found inside ballot box at Aberdeen City #STVNews #ge2015

How did no one notice a computer tablet being dropped in the ballot box? Should be easily traced back to the owner, who should perhaps have noticed they had dropped it.

deesidejambo

Would it be beyond us to have electronic voting at the polling stations? Just press a button on a screen and they could tell us all the results at 11.30.

But all the dosset people wouldn't understand.

Stuart McNeill

How did no one notice a computer tablet being dropped in the ballot box? Should be easily traced back to the owner, who should perhaps have noticed they had dropped it.

Probably slipped in, somehow, but they were probably told they were unable to open the ballot box and told they'll get it when they do.

Malinga the Swinga

Given the state of government IT systems, if they do it electronically, we may have the result in 2024, never mind at 11.30 tonight.

The Mighty Thor

Balls on now being a typically arrogant bell chief as per.

Pish myself if he's out on his ear.

Harry Palmer

Another pasting for the Lib Dems. UKIP 2nd again.

Really would pish myself if Ed Baws lost his seat. :jj:

Edited by Harry Palmer