whats your favourite christmas movie..

easty1985

I've downloaded and watched quite a few these past couple days..so running low on my options..

anyone got any recommendations??

In terms of what a christmas movie should be, it's a wonderful life. There are probably better movies about or set at xmas, but IAWL hits all the right points.

If it's just what's the most entertaining movie set at christmas, then it's die hard.

The White Cockade

Its a Wonderful Life

Miracle on 34th Street (original version)

Watched The Most Wonderful Time of The Year recently on one of those cheapo Sky Movie Christmasd channels

and it was really good

Scrooge (Albert Finney and Alistair Sim versions)

Die Hard!

blondejamtart

Never seen most of them, to be honest - except for Home Alone and Die Hard, which I don't really think of as being "xmas movies". Elf - combination of xmas and Will Ferrell sounds like one of my worst nightmares!

First time I ever saw Temple Of Doom (Christmas '86) and Disney's Robin Hood (Christmas '89). And still two of my favourite films.

Bending the rules but I'm going to say these two.

I accept that I'm probably in the minority but I can't stand Elf.

My personal favourite is Santa Claus:the movie

Someone of the same opinion as myself. Santa clause was my favourite Xmas movie as a child. I even have it that, every year, just after putting the deckies up, my daughter and me sit and watch it.

over the last couple days I've watched..

home alone 1&2

jingle all the way

fred claus

The Santa Claus

think elf is next..Will download a few more that are mentioned.

Cheers lads/ lassies..

scottish_chicP

The Muppet Christmas Carol is surprisingly (to me anyway) excellent.

I watched it on Sunday and when it came up 1992 I was shocked! Didn't realise it was that old.

Never seen most of them, to be honest - except for Home Alone and Die Hard, which I don't really think of as being "xmas movies". 

Man struggles to get home/reunite his family for christmas whilst trying to stop a grinchy bad guy stealing chrimbo,

textbook festive movie

Someone of the same opinion as myself. Santa clause was my favourite Xmas movie as a child. I even have it that, every year, just after putting the deckies up, my daughter and me sit and watch it.

That's what xmas is all about. Keeping traditions alive and passing them on. I still try to watch the box of delights each year because I was mesmerised by it as a kid,although it's not technically a movie

Fargo.

(With all that snow, it's got to be a Christmas film, hasn't it...?  :smiliz34:   )

What about Planes, Trains, And Automobiles as a left field entry? Classic film.

Wasn't that about Thanksgiving?  A favourite of mine, though.

It's A Wonderful Life is another for me.

Not a movie, but a TV episode I've mentioned here a few times.  It's the Christmas episode from the first series of The West Wing, called In Excelsis Deo.

And another that gets watched every year in our house is this:

91gXlDqGe-L._SY606_.jpg

It's got three animated short Christmas stories (about 30 minutes or so each).  We had it on VHS years ago, and then got it on DVD.

Wasn't that about Thanksgiving?  A favourite of mine, though.

There's snow and people eat Turkey. They can call it whatever they want but it's still christmas to me. Damned Americans and their funny ways.

There's snow and people eat Turkey. They can call it whatever they want but it's still christmas to me. Damned Americans and their funny ways.

They've just got it right by doing it twice.

Archived