whats your favourite christmas movie..

easty1985

North Berwick Jambo

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

My favourite by miles, so many classic scenes & probably the one reason I have never had my entire family here on Christmas day as this is how I imagine it would turn out!

Does the Great Escape count?

Home Alone. Some great quotes.

"Keep the change ya filthy animal"  :laugh:

Fitzroy Pointon

A Christmas Carol.  Great story and always makes me feel good.  Particularly the Muppets Christmas Carol and the Disney one I watched a few weeks ago with Jim Carey and Gary Oldman.

Other than that Bad Santa and of course Home Alone, a classic. 

Carl Spackler

Elf

Die Hard

Scrooged

Bad Santa

Home Alone

Add

It's a Wonderful life

Miracle on 34th Street

and this is my list too.

Confession time......

I've never seen it's a wonderful life

The Santa Clause. Which is getting watched tonight. It wasn't until I went to download the other week that I realised why 'Clause' had an 'e' on the end.

In terms of what a christmas movie should be, it's a wonderful life. There are probably better movies about or set at xmas, but IAWL hits all the right points.

If it's just what's the most entertaining movie set at christmas, then it's die hard.

It's a Wonderful Life is my favourite film of all time. A couple of years ago my wife bought me a collectors special edition DVD of it and every Boxing Day when the family go off to the sales I sit in peace and watch it and have a good greet.

It's a Wonderful Life is my favourite film of all time. A couple of years ago my wife bought me a collectors special edition DVD of it and every Boxing Day when the family go off to the sales I sit in peace and watch it and have a good greet.

In glasgow there's a few cinemas that show it on the run to christmas. There'll probably be one near you, so get yourself along on xmas eve and greet along with the crowd.

In glasgow there's a few cinemas that show it on the run to christmas. There'll probably be one near you, so get yourself along on xmas eve and greet along with the crowd.

Showing at the Filmhouse in Edinburgh every day up to and including Christmas Eve, will be heading along at some point.

Showing at the Filmhouse in Edinburgh every day up to and including Christmas Eve, will be heading along at some point.

I often watch a movie with a kleenex at the ready, but it's a wonderful is a whole different experience.

In terms of what a christmas movie should be, it's a wonderful life. There are probably better movies about or set at xmas, but IAWL hits all the right points.

If it's just what's the most entertaining movie set at christmas, then it's die hard.

This, 100%!

Must get along one night. Would like to see it on the big screen.

Rudolf's Mate

Another for IAWL. Possibly one of my fav films as well. Anyone considering it and never seen it, ffs don't watch it remastered in colour! 

The Real Maroonblood

That's what xmas is all about. Keeping traditions alive and passing them on. I still try to watch the box of delights each year because I was mesmerised by it as a kid,although it's not technically a movie

I remember I watched Box of Delights with my kids.

Great viewing.

BBC always did very good children's Xmas serials.

I remember I watched Box of Delights with my kids.

Great viewing.

BBC always did very good children's Xmas serials.

Transports me back to my childhood every time I hear the intro tune/carol.

Still gutted it was all a dream!

The muppet Christmas Carol

It's a wonderful life

Holiday Inn

White Christmas

Arthur Christmas

Scrooge Albert Finney

National Lampoon's

Home alone

The polar express

The santa clause

Confession time......

I've never seen it's a wonderful life

I wouldnt worry too much, recorded it 2 years ago, watched 30 minutes and thought it was miserable, sanctimonious old garbage so fired up the laptop and went onto kb. Kids hated it. Wife wants us to watch it "Together as a family" this year. Epic fail incoming for Mrs Primavera.

Wizard of Oz all the way.

First mention for 'Nativity' (2009) starring Martin Freeman and Marc Wootton. 

Very funny film, great songs, brilliantly acted and pretty much unscripted. 

The other Nativity film are utter gash.

Elf.

My first time of appreciating the talents of Zooey Deschanel.

Zooey-in-Elf-zooey-deschanel-510286_400_

Trading Places.

My first time appreciating Jamie Lee Curtis's "talents"...

Jamie-Lee-Curtis-nude-topless-huge-boobs

Bad Santa

My first time appreciating a girl getting off on shagging Santa..."**** me Santa, **** me Santa" I think was Lauren Graham's line...

Lauren---Bad-Santa-lauren-graham-544318_

I'm getting this Christmas spirit thing right, yeah?

Elf.

My first time of appreciating the talents of Zooey Deschanel.

Zooey-in-Elf-zooey-deschanel-510286_400_

Trading Places.

My first time appreciating Jamie Lee Curtis's "talents"...

Jamie-Lee-Curtis-nude-topless-huge-boobs

Bad Santa

My first time appreciating a girl getting off on shagging Santa..."**** me Santa, **** me Santa" I think was Lauren Graham's line...

Lauren---Bad-Santa-lauren-graham-544318_

I'm getting this Christmas spirit thing right, yeah?

What a body Jamie Lee had on her.

:ruiner:

SectionDJambo

It's a Wonderful Life.

But have to watch it alone, so as not look like a woose when I start greetin at the end.

To think it bombed when it was first released.

What about Planes, Trains, And Automobiles as a left field entry? Classic film.

Thanksgiving or no, this is a belter of a film, starring two of the greatest American comedic actors of all time. Love it.

It's a Wonderful Life.

But have to watch it alone, so as not look like a woose when I start greetin at the end.

To think it bombed when it was first released.

It didn't bomb, but it wasn't an instant classic. It took off when it became public and could be shown on telly for free a few decades on.

92 posts & no1 has mentioned the triloligy that's shown every year, & it's not Christmas unless these are on TV!!!!

Ladies & Gents I give you.

Superman!!!!

Archived