We ONLY won 5-1 the comic book (reserve list news December 11th)

Ulysses

Stick my name down for two, I've bought about everything else 5-1 related might as well add to the collection!

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the order link available for this yet? I'd take 2 of them also.

We expect it to be towards the end of next week.

I'm posting to let members know that Jambos Kickback will shortly be launching the sale of

We ONLY won 5-1 the comic book

Designed, illustrated and written by a JKB member (of whom more later), this is a 100-plus page hardback-bound comic book story of the 2012 Scottish Cup Final.

It will make a fine souvenir of this famous occasion in HMFC's history, and in the run-up to Christmas it would be an ideal gift for a Hearts-supporting family member or friend - or who knows, maybe a wonderful opportunity to wind up a Hibby acquaintance or workmate. :whistling:

We ONLY won 5-1 the comic book is being sold as a fundraiser, with all profits going to a hugely important and worthwhile cause - Big Hearts.

header2.jpg

So this will be a chance for JKB members to own a unique version of the story of 19-05-12 created by a Hearts supporter for Hearts supporters, and make a valuable contribution to the important community work done by Big Hearts.

We ONLY won 5-1 the comic book will sell for ?10 plus p&p, and will only be available for sale online through Jambos Kickback. We're working with the printers putting the final touches to the book, and we will be making an online order page available to members in the next few days once we're finally ready for printing and shipping.

Right now, we're posting this thread to give members a heads up and a sneak preview - see the attached PDF flyer. Post and let us know what you think.

We only won 5-1 page 071014.pdf

Four copies for me ( that's two brothers,son and husband sorted for Christmas )

Posting late as not long back from Gorgie Suite. Great night for Gary Locke, good speakers , good food. Eilidh Child there, happy to chat and pose for photos , especially 5 - 1 photos.

We expect it to be towards the end of next week.

The donate button is not working for and hasn't been for a month or so. Is this just on my computer or is it off line at the moment?

post-25452-0-42082000-1413013594_thumb.jpg

u guys hoping that marvel picks this up and runs with it? :D

Maybe a bit too far fetched for Marvel?

These things are never as simple as we think they'll be when we set out to do them, but we should have an order/payment screen for you soon.

In the meantime, we have some news about delivery schedules and charges.

Firstly, we'll be opening orders for an initial period of about three weeks, and there'll be a deadline after which we won't be able to guarantee delivery before Christmas. The first group of orders will probably be batched and issued together shortly after the deadline to make for a more efficient printing and postage run.

The book is a hefty piece of work - A4 size, over 100 pages and in hardcover, and weighing in at about 750-800 grammes - so we expect that delivery (including first class post) will be of the order of ?3.95 per copy in the UK.

Delivery outside the UK is going to be prohibitively expensive, because the minimum charges will be from ?8.50 upwards per copy depending on what country you're in - and we have no control over whether your country will have import taxes as well. So rather than offering automatic options for sale outside the UK, we'll probably leave it that if you really want copies sent abroad you can contact us offline and we'll quote delivery prices. We'd be interested in any comments about this from our members in foreign countries.

And I'm willing to pay for it!!! Just thought I'd add that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These things are never as simple as we think they'll be when we set out to do them, but we should have an order/payment screen for you soon.

In the meantime, we have some news about delivery schedules and charges.

Firstly, we'll be opening orders for an initial period of about three weeks, and there'll be a deadline after which we won't be able to guarantee delivery before Christmas. The first group of orders will probably be batched and issued together shortly after the deadline to make for a more efficient printing and postage run.

The book is a hefty piece of work - A4 size, over 100 pages and in hardcover, and weighing in at about 750-800 grammes - so we expect that delivery (including first class post) will be of the order of ?3.95 per copy in the UK.

Delivery outside the UK is going to be prohibitively expensive, because the minimum charges will be from ?8.50 upwards per copy depending on what country you're in - and we have no control over whether your country will have import taxes as well. So rather than offering automatic options for sale outside the UK, we'll probably leave it that if you really want copies sent abroad you can contact us offline and we'll quote delivery prices. We'd be interested in any comments about this from our members in foreign countries.

Where are they being posted from? If they were from Edinburgh, i'd be able to offer cheaper postage if that would help. :smile:

Also, can ensure that no ex-pats get custom charges.

Archived