Eilidh Child

michaeljambo22

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All they have to do to stop this is humiliate us in a cup final. What could be simpler?

They could always humiliate a financially strapped Hearts team in Administration reduced to playing a team of kids..... oh wait they couldn't even do that.

When will these gimps realise their club is complete and utter shite and they will always be in our shadow?

Hearty congratulations to Eilidh for a magnificent performance last night in what is a very challenging event. It was only just before the start that I realised she was up against the world number 1 at the event. The Jamaican lass was quite superb and it was obvious to me that the thought of Eilidh winning gold would have required a fall or other mishap (see mens 400 hurdles final).

I like that the Jambos were mentioned a lot and the wristband.

I liked the 1-5 or 5-1s after the race.

I liked the Proclaimers 500 miles as it kind of brought a bit of balance to the banter.

I liked the Hampden crowd having fun.

I felt proud to be a Scot.

All in all a very very good evening for Scotland.

I would like to suggest that Ms Balding be invited to Tynecastle at some point to do the half time draw. I am sure that if she has not spent any time in Edinburgh she would find it a most accommodating place for her.

Geoff Kilpatrick

They could always humiliate a financially strapped Hearts team in Administration reduced to playing a team of kids..... oh wait they couldn't even do that.

When will these gimps realise their club is complete and utter shite and they will always be in our shadow?

Never.

Which means the fun never ends!

:jjyay:

Watched the race with the kids and my missus, her family all support them, my daughter said - did she just do the 5-1 - we rewound and the missus said - "for gods sake when is this actually going to stop" I laughed said to the kids - show mum what we do to Hibs fans and on right on queue - both of them gave her the 5-1...........beautiful........truly a beautiful moment!!

A massive well done to Eilidh. Who would have thought the wee lassie getting on the Perth & Kinross Hearts supporters bus with her dad and brother in the 90's would have gone on to achieve this? I know Ronnie you will be so proud. Brilliant effort and achievement!

From the BBC website

"Hearts supporter Child celebrated with a 5-1 sign with her hands - in reference to the result in the 2012 Scottish Cup final victory over Edinburgh rivals Hibernian"

Magic

Nookie Bear

Hearty congratulations to Eilidh for a magnificent performance last night in what is a very challenging event. It was only just before the start that I realised she was up against the world number 1 at the event. The Jamaican lass was quite superb and it was obvious to me that the thought of Eilidh winning gold would have required a fall or other mishap (see mens 400 hurdles final).

I like that the Jambos were mentioned a lot and the wristband.

I liked the 1-5 or 5-1s after the race.

I liked the Proclaimers 500 miles as it kind of brought a bit of balance to the banter.

I liked the Hampden crowd having fun.

I felt proud to be a Scot.

All in all a very very good evening for Scotland.

I would like to suggest that Ms Balding be invited to Tynecastle at some point to do the half time draw. I am sure that if she has not spent any time in Edinburgh she would find it a most accommodating place for her.

Good post.

I was at the athletics last sunday and winced when they got the entire crowd to sing along to 500 Miles but I had to admit it fair got the place going - it's hard to moan about it when even the English ladies waiting to compete in the hammer were dancing along to it. I think when you can have people sitting next to each other with Scotland, Northern Irieland and England flags without any bother then we can at least accept that song as being hugely popular and fitting on certain occasions.

And at least it was a far cry from the tartan shortbread attitude many feared the Games would become.

I didn't sing it though, just in case a camera picked me and the family out !

Was there last night.

What an achievement by Eilidh and the place was bouncing to 500 miles as it does for Scotland games too. Surpringly, not hor Hubs achievements. While bouncing, the missus called me a miserable so and so for not joining in.

Just watched her lap of honour on BBC.

Her sister? Is she the beauty with the specs on behind her dad? The thinking man's bit of to totty if so.

Paranoid much? I don't know about you but I won't be basing my decision on whether Scotland ought to be politically and economically independent on the decision to not abruptly halt a live interview that was likely taken by a Scottish production manager following normal live broadcast procedure. Aye we really suffer from being tied to the English, I mean forcing us to share the wealth of what was pretty much their Empire which built major cities, universities, schools and hospitals in Scotland and kept us involved at the forefront of world affairs and technology for centuries was a particularly unpleasant thing to do us. *******s!

Sheesh! I just realised that the 4 years I spent reading all about the Tudors, Stuarts and Hanoverians have all been wasted. So there was no British Empire. The Scots and Irish were just the hired help.. The industrial revolution only happened south of Berwick. I must doth my cap to the next Englishman I meet.

Well done Eilidh.

Franco Fascione

Ann Budge and the board, please invite Eilidh along to Tynecastle this season to make an appearance on the pitch at half time.

Imagine.

Was there last night.

What an achievement by Eilidh and the place was bouncing to 500 miles as it does for Scotland games too. Surpringly, not hor Hubs achievements. While bouncing, the missus called me a miserable so and so for not joining in.

Just watched her lap of honour on BBC.

Her sister? Is she the beauty with the specs on behind her dad? The thinking man's bit of to totty if so.

She has two sisters Iona & Catriona. Not sure which one you saw, certainly Catriona wears glasses. She also wrote the novel 'Trackman' which based around parts of Edinburgh and has a few references to the Hearts and Gorgie. I found it quite an entertaining, and accomplished work especially for a first novel,there maybe another novel on the way but I'm not sure. Apparently it can be found in all the usual places you would buy books. She and her partner have just had a wee girl so that'll be another Jambo to add to the Child herd.

Anyway, Well Done Eilidh. I was hoping and praying that NOTHING WOULD GO WRONG but she, like our club, seem to be going from strength to strength.

Bert Le Clos

hAAmwK.jpg

Blessing Okagbare not getting involved then? :muggy:

What's her nation's colours again? :verysmug:

I just love it. The 5-1 humiliation has been brought to the attention of a huge new audience.

NEVER EVER LET THEM FORGET

Ann Budge and the board, please invite Eilidh along to Tynecastle this season to make an appearance on the pitch at half time.

Imagine.

At the DERBY please!!

Nelly Terraces

She has two sisters Iona & Catriona. Not sure which one you saw, certainly Catriona wears glasses. She also wrote the novel 'Trackman' which based around parts of Edinburgh and has a few references to the Hearts and Gorgie. I found it quite an entertaining, and accomplished work especially for a first novel,there maybe another novel on the way but I'm not sure. Apparently it can be found in all the usual places you would buy books. She and her partner have just had a wee girl so that'll be another Jambo to add to the Child herd.

Anyway, Well Done Eilidh. I was hoping and praying that NOTHING WOULD GO WRONG but she, like our club, seem to be going from strength to strength.

That says it all for me, Hearts = elite athletes & published authors, h1b5 = sad jakeys wasters and criminals like Gary 'sniffer' O, Ratboy & Thumb.

I know that that there can only be one Queen of Hearts and that would be Queen Ann, however there must surely be a place for a Princess.

Yes I do know there is no Princess in a deck of cards, but why let that stand in our way of having Princess Eilidh as an honoured member of the Hearts Royalty?

Poor Blessing Okagbare sitting in the middle thinking "WTF is this all about"?

Still not the best run ever round the track at Hampden.

Craig Beattie holds that accolade. ;)

If the Beattie had been "fully" replicated last night by a certain silver medal winner, it would have been quite well ..............nice to see

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Chairman of BBC Trust to be flooded with letters of complaint about Mark Chapman and Clare Balding today from the Lochend Warrior Poets

:pleasing:

Chairman of BBC Trust to be flooded with letters of complaint about Mark Chapman and Clare Balding today from the Lochend Warrior Poets

All no doubt saying "Weer no bothered - weer over it"

Still not the best run ever round the track at Hampden.

Craig Beattie holds that accolade. ;)

Great post !! Absolutely loving it this morning. Footie fans I work with down here are pissing themselves, especially after what Gowser did in the world cup.

Rewind your tapes that 5-1 was to the guy with the green and white scarf, was he taunting her?

she was doing to my son who did it to her, the guy with th green (Nigeria scarf) was sitting next to us. Pictures are all over twitter

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

Over two years on and that day in May is still getting so much air time and column inches. Absolutely fantastic Eilidh Child you have done yourself, your club and your country very, very proud.

I feel so lucky that I'm a Heartie

And that's the two top BBC sports presenters now itk as well - Mark laughing at being bombarded by Hearts fans on twitter to mention it and Clare doing the 5-1.

Our fame spreads / their pain deepens.

If Hobos had been more magnanamous about all this 5-1 stuff it would have maybe started to die down some. Nae luck ye bams.

As an aside I dont buy into this not liking musicians or athletes or whatever because of their football allegiance. Banter yes, but not cheering Murray on to win gold at the Olympics or Wimbledon, for example, because he is a token arms length Hibby is a bit narrow minded.

Same with the Proclaimers. I'll rip the p*ss out of them as required but I actually quite like some of their music.

If Hobos had been more magnanamous about all this 5-1 stuff it would have maybe started to die down some. Nae luck ye bams.

As an aside I dont buy into this not liking musicians or athletes or whatever because of their football allegiance. Banter yes, but not cheering Murray on to win gold at the Olympics or Wimbledon, for example, because he is a token arms length Hibby is a bit narrow minded.

Same with the Proclaimers. I'll rip the p*ss out of them as required but I actually quite like some of their music.

Pop me in with the narrow minded.

Cicero > Proclaimers

Child > Murray

:)

The great thing is that Blessing now knows. :verysmug:

Pop me in with the narrow minded.

Cicero > Proclaimers

Child > Murray

:)

Haha - I will do mate.

Its enough for me to know that our team absolutely royally owns their team. They should see my non-castigation of them as Hibees more patronising than anything else

:antlers:

colinmaroon

she was doing to my son who did it to her, the guy with th green (Nigeria scarf) was sitting next to us. Pictures are all over twitter

Good lad!

You should be vewy pwoud!

Vewy pwoud!!!

Ecce Romanov

Great interview with Nicky Campbell on 5 live this morning too. Even excuse Campbell for using jam tart as rhyming slang for start! He also said that that Alex 'tattie' Marshall was a big Jambo. Well done big man and good luck later today

Eilidh must now have earned a spot on question of sport , next stop Sue Barker with a 5-1

That I would love to see :laugh:

I know that that there can only be one Queen of Hearts and that would be Queen Ann, however there must surely be a place for a Princess.

Yes I do know there is no Princess in a deck of cards, but why let that stand in our way of having Princess Eilidh as an honoured member of the Hearts Royalty?

she could be the JOKER instead :-D

Hugh Phamism

Just bought Trackman for the Kindle. Only ?3.83. Will post a review on 'what are you reading fred' soon...

The hobbits keep gan on about Albert Kidd for about the last 30year so us doing the 5-1 will never die.

Eilidh must now have earned a spot on question of sport , next stop Sue Barker with a 5-1

The 'what happened next' round could be fun!

Catriona Child with Hearts scarf but no glasses

Glasses on the lap-top beside the scarf.

:hae36:

Archived