Eilidh Child

michaeljambo22

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

Are there actually Jambos who dislike Andy Murray because his mum supports hibs?

I dislike his Mum for being an annoying bint. Her support for the vermin is irrelevant.

Thunderstruck

Vote yes, we don't count, why people don't realise this I don't know.

Hmmm, the Scottish media being paragons of objectivity. We only have another week to go before we start getting properly wound up about the "Weegia".

NotSureAboutMusicThough

Hahaha!!

How the fk you work that out though?

Is it a recognised acronym with the young things these days??

Are there actually Jambos who dislike Andy Murray because his mum supports hibs?

It appears quite a lot dislike a song based on the team supported by the singers.

Ron Burgundy

I dislike his Mum for being an annoying bint. Her support for the vermin is irrelevant.

Thats where I'm at however her verminous tendencies do seem to intensify my dislike for her.

It appears quite a lot dislike a song based on the team supported by the singers.

I dislike because it is shit.

Hahaha!!

How the fk you work that out though?

Is it a recognised acronym with the young things these days??

I'm down with the kids.

A hipster if you will. :lol:

Levein actually explains it in a later tweet.

The White Cockade

500 Miles?

thought it was great

Hampden was rocking when Eilidh took her lap of honour

made for great atmosphere and showed up our country in positive light

the crowd were great

To diss it because the singers are Hobos is truly Hoboesque behaviour imo

Yeh, let's vote yes so our tele can be filled with cracking programs like River City and Sportscene!

Cannae wait likes...

I like Murray and his mum. Their unfortunate choice in football team is an irrelevance

grantaitchie8

.net absolutely fuming haha! Calling her all sorts, claiming she's a child for doing the 5-1 then having a chuckle at the fact the proclaimers are playing for her lap of honour. Contradictory p*****.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hmmm, the Scottish media being paragons of objectivity. We only have another week to go before we start getting properly wound up about the "Weegia".

Reminds me of an episode of the Likely Lads. They start on the far side of the world disliking all and sundry until they decide they don't even like their next door neighbour. It's not even political for me, it's simply not being shit on no more by a country that doesn't care about us.

Does no one actually wonder why they want us to remain. It's not out of politeness, that's for sure. It's because they make out of us.

Anyway on topic well done the Jock Jambo

LincolnHearts

Ha Ha. Those pish-sodden mattresses will be soaked with tears again tonight.

Lets hope they dry out before the derby, just in time for another soaking.

WELL DONE EILIDH!!! :party2: - :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

500 Miles?

thought it was great

the crowd were great

This post is truly Hoboesque, imo.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Well you know what to do on the 18th Sept

Are they accepting applications for a BBC Sport directors or producers job that day????

colinmaroon

Jeez.....only on Kickback!

Before the braveheart war paint gets smeared on the face.....they missed a couple of seconds of the medal ceremony.....calm doon.

Well done,Eilidh,great run!

Honestly!

Some people just roll over and . . . .!

You seriously don't see anything wrong with the pathetic editing of the medal ceremony of the Poster Girl of the games and a 7th place nobody who, shockarooney, just happens to be English?

grantaitchie8

Honestly!

You seriously don't see anything wrong with the pathetic editing of the medal ceremony of the Poster Girl of the games and a 7th place nobody who, shockarooney, just happens to be English?

If it was the other way about, there is NO chance that it would happen. Simple as that.

Geoff Kilpatrick

This thread was fun for a while. Now we have the easily offended spoiling it. :(

Reminds me of an episode of the Likely Lads. They start on the far side of the world disliking all and sundry until they decide they don't even like their next door neighbour. It's not even political for me, it's simply not being shit on no more by a country that doesn't care about us.

Does no one actually wonder why they want us to remain. It's not out of politeness, that's for sure. It's because they make out of us.

Anyway on topic well done the Jock Jambo

The jock Jambo....have a feeling this may not catch on.....somehow!

The White Cockade

This post is truly Hoboesque, imo.

nah its not mate

like the majority of Scots and people from every country there thought it was great

Irrelevant what team the speccy twins support

Honestly!

If it was the other way about, there is NO chance that it would happen. Simple as that.

This thread was fun for a while. Now we have the easily offended spoiling it. :(

.....and Geoff wins with a late finish....!

Tbf it was pretty poor they didn't show her receive her medal. I'm no going to Pacific Quay with a pitchfork and flaming torch about it though.

Ron Burgundy

Yeh, let's vote yes so our tele can be filled with cracking programs like River City and Sportscene!

Cannae wait likes...

They could do repeats of Teatime Tales with Mollie Weir.

Honestly!

I think you should write a strongly worded letter.

The Real Maroonblood

That'll be post 203 then.

Fxxx the SPFL

They could do repeats of Teatime Tales with Mollie Weir.

I preferred the White Heather Club cannae wait

grantaitchie8

.....and Geoff wins with a late finish....!

I'm not really fussed about it tbh, just don't think it would happen if it was the other way about. Last thing I want is to turn this into a debate about independence :lol:

To be fair, whilst it was great she got the silver, the medal ceremony is really only for the gold medalist IMO.

Nae anthem for second...

I'm not really fussed about it tbh, just don't think it would happen if it was the other way about. Last thing I want is to turn this into a debate about independence :lol:

Hence the levity of my posts.Nothing to get worked up about. :tiny:

Malinga the Swinga

Thought all the presenters and summarisers praised Eilidh and her efforts and they discussed the race in great detail, even after the women's 200 metres. They missed about 5 seconds of ceremony but still were talking about her and saying how she should enjoy her efforts. Radio Scotland, with Richard Gordon, Tom English and Liz McColgan were also praising her efforts. Think folk being a wee bit poverty the top complaining about the Beeb as, for once, I don't think they have concentrated on English performers. Any Scot, Welsh or Northen Irish athletes or teams who have done well have been praised and talked about.

Watch the highlight show at night and all countries have been well represented.

500 Miles?

thought it was great

the crowd were great

I thought it great Eilidh got the silver.

As you say Hampden was rocking with the crowd singing and it was all so memorable.

It was a perfectly good song to blast out for a Scottish athlete.#rocking

Thought all the presenters and summarisers praised Eilidh and her efforts and they discussed the race in great detail, even after the women's 200 metres. They missed about 5 seconds of ceremony but still were talking about her and saying how she should enjoy her efforts. Radio Scotland, with Richard Gordon, Tom English and Liz McColgan were also praising her efforts. Think folk being a wee bit poverty the top complaining about the Beeb as, for once, I don't think they have concentrated on English performers. Any Scot, Welsh or Northen Irish athletes or teams who have done well have been praised and talked about.

Watch the highlight show at night and all countries have been well represented.

They even recognized the banter between Hearts and Hibs fans and pointed out the irony of 500 miles being sung by Hibs fans.

Hearts got quite a few mentions tonight.

Saw race while out and managed to pop into pub. Not seen chat on tv just twitter.

Eilidh ran great and strong. Tough running in an outside lane but stayed composed. Winner was exceptional as well. Its a very tough race the hurdles as at every hurdle something can go wrong and that was a top performance.

BBC hoping she can appear on their show that is on now. Each to their own re 500 miles. I, personally, like the song and a number of proclaimers tracks. Other folk will think their songs are crap, even if the pair were Hearts fans, which is fair enough.

bigis semiauskas

A Jambo right at the front aswell showing off the new home strip....which was nice.

Paisley Jambo

Another HT appearance!

I think after her display tonight she has earned it : ))))) .

zoltan socrates

After all the hoo haa, and well done eilidh, the best thing is knowing it still hurts them, they try to convince, even themselves, that they are over,it, but not by a good couple of decades, their hurt hasn't even scabbed over yet

I love it, inferior leith forks

Archived