Would Scotland be a better place if...

Spellczech

King of the North
there should be JKB version of Goodwin's law - if you bring up the wholly irrelevant question of William III's sexuality while trying to claim that others are bigots - you lose.

Just a bit of fun commander - if i thought that the poster I responded to was being wholly serious, I may not have 'slipped it in' (as the actress said to the bishop). Or as William said to his manservant.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jambos,

Just joining the debate. I think you would find that Celtic have had there spot of bother when travelling. For example, down in Blackburn during the Uefa Cup they had quite a few arrests.

Konrad von Carstein
I bet you have never heard of the Hibs and England player Joe Baker.

I will give you time to do research on him.

John

Only making an observation, but, I'm sure he had no choice but to play for england due to the rules in force at the time.

King of the North
"Thousands of Neandrathals?" in 200,000 . Surely a drop in the bucket?

And that's your excuse is it? You are a disgrace - like the rest of your fellow huns and your institutionally hateful club.

MacDonald Jardine
And that's your excuse is it? You are a disgrace - like the rest of your fellow huns and your institutionally hateful club.

I'd be interested to see your reaction if a Celtic fan came on here defending their position although I suspect I know.

What about Gay Pride:eek:

King of the North
I'd be interested to see your reaction if a Celtic fan came on here defending their position although I suspect I know.

What about Gay Pride:eek:

What exactly do they have to defend at the minute? Which cities have they smashed up recently?

Celtic I mean... and Gay Pride for that matter.

MacDonald Jardine
What exactly do they have to defend at the minute? Which cities have they smashed up recently?

Celtic I mean... and Gay Pride for that matter.

Right, so Celtic have nothing to be ashamed of in their fans' behaviour at all.

I always had you down as a one sided bigot.

What would your right on London pals make of your homophobia?

King of the North
Right, so Celtic have nothing to be ashamed of in their fans' behaviour at all.

I always had you down as a one sided bigot.

What would your right on London pals make of your homophobia?

ZZZZZ

Not this week they don't, no.

And I think you'll find the reason I dislike Rangers so much is because of their bigotry. Which makes me an anti-bigot.

Finally, pointing out that King William was apparently gay does not make me a homphobe. I might point out that Laryea Kingston is black, but that doesn't make me a racist.

You seem to have made an awful lot of judgments about me based on your apparent avid interest in what I post.

Why you would jump to the defence of some hun who turns up on the forum to defend the indefensible seems odd to me.

Anyway, I'm watching the footy...

MacDonald Jardine
ZZZZZ

Not this week they don't, no.

And I think you'll find the reason I dislike Rangers so much is because of their bigotry. Which makes me an anti-bigot.

Finally, pointing out that King William was apparently gay does not make me a homphobe. I might point out that Laryea Kingston is black, but that doesn't make me a racist.

You seem to have made an awful lot of judgments about me based on your apparent avid interest in what I post.

Why you would jump to the defence of some hun who turns up on the forum to defend the indefensible seems odd to me.

Anyway, I'm watching the footy...

Not avid interest in your posts, stunned incomprehension.

I take it you defend songs about Dean Shiels and David Murray's disabilities on the basis they're factually accurate?

Anyway, so am I.

King of the North
Not avid interest in your posts, stunned incomprehension.

I take it you defend songs about Dean Shiels and David Murray's disabilities on the basis they're factually accurate?

Anyway, so am I.

You've really lost me now.

This is a thread about Rangers. Not Celtic, Homophobia, Dean Shiels or disability. Classic muddying of the waters to deflect attention away from the fact that Rangers FC are an utter disgrace.

Anyway, I;m still watching the footy

There aren't any pro-Celtic posters on here. Unfortunately there seems to be some pro-Rangers posters or at least posters who support them in order to gain a reaction. That is probably the reason why there appears to be more venom against Rangers than Celtic on here. It annoys a lot of people that percieved stereotypical and damaging links between the clubs are being amplified by other Jambos.

Don't agree?

Imagine we did a survey of every regular poster on here. How many names do you think would be offered as mini-huns. 4 or 5? What is it these posters are doing to get that reputation?

Now replace Rangers with Celtic. Do you really think you'd get such a conclusive result?

The best example I can think of which displays what i've mentioned above is a large number of Therapist's posts before Rangers reached the UEFA cup final. He advised he was getting right behind "Rangers FC" for the good of the co-efficent. Arguable but fair I guess. He would thenhowever follow it up every time with a ;)

Wonder why he would possibly feel the need to do that.

MacDonald Jardine
You've really lost me now.

This is a thread about Rangers. Not Celtic, Homophobia, Dean Shiels or disability. Classic muddying of the waters to deflect attention away from the fact that Rangers FC are an utter disgrace.

Anyway, I;m still watching the footy

You brought up homosexuality and then tried to justify it on the basis you were just being factual.

Why in a thread about Rangers?

Quick break before Extra Time.

coppercrutch
There aren't any pro-Celtic posters on here. Unfortunately there seems to be some pro-Rangers posters or at least posters who support them in order to gain a reaction. That is probably the reason why there appears to be more venom against Rangers than Celtic on here. It annoys a lot of people that percieved stereotypical and damaging links between the clubs are being amplified by other Jambos.

Don't agree?

Imagine we did a survey of every regular poster on here. How many names do you think would be offered as mini-huns. 4 or 5? What is it these posters are doing to get that reputation?

Now replace Rangers with Celtic. Do you really think you'd get such a conclusive result?

The best example I can think of which displays what i've mentioned above is a large number of Therapist's posts before Rangers reached the UEFA cup final. He advised he was getting right behind "Rangers FC" for the good of the co-efficent. Arguable but fair I guess. He would thenhowever follow it up every time with a ;)

Wonder why he would possibly feel the need to do that.

Who knows - maybe he was winding people up and looking for a reaction from the other 'usual suspects' - The 'anti knuckledraggers.'....:rolleyes:

462 posts on this thread alone would indicate he did pretty well. If that was his plan. Maybe it wasn't. Again who knows..

Konrad von Carstein
Who knows - maybe he was winding people up and looking for a reaction from the other 'usual suspects' - The 'anti knuckledraggers.'....:rolleyes:

462 posts on this thread alone would indicate he did pretty well. If that was his plan. Maybe it wasn't. Again who knows..[/QUOTE]

Or indeed cares...:dribble: Not a knuckle dragger BTW just surprised that anyone on here would refuse the chance to rip into cfc AT THE SAME TIME AS ripping rfc...homophobes are all the same...:P

Ok then....

Let's say for the sake of argument you are right (which you are not. but let's suspend reality for a while and imagine you are).

Any Hearts fan who brings bigotry to a match, or any situation where that reflects on his club (ie travelling to the match) should be banned. Whether or not that aligns us with Rangers FC.

While obviously reserving the right for these same fans to hold whatever beliefs they like as long as they do not tarnish the good name of the club. It's the need to 'bring it to the match' that is baffling.

Who knows - for arguments sake, there may very well be some satanist Hearts fans - fine, as long as they don't start slaughtering goats in the centre circle, they are perfectly entitled to hold these beliefs.

Ridiculous? Almost as ridiculous as singing songs about a 400 year old battle where the gay dutch guy won.

It doesn't reflect on the club whilst travelling to a match. That's outside the club's jurisdiction.

I don't agree with people singing songs during games that can get the club punished. It just seems a bit counter-productive. I'm not going to get all hot under the collar about it on here, though, because I know lads who do sing these songs during the games, and I wouldn't have a go to their face so I'm not going to do it from behind a PC.

If anyone wants to sing songs that could get the club in trouble at any other time - be it travelling to a game, in the boozer or wherever else - I don't have a problem with that.

Now, can you please explain how anything mentioned in this thread "aligns our club to Rangers"?

Drew Busby !
It doesn't reflect on the club whilst travelling to a match. That's outside the club's jurisdiction.

I don't agree with people singing songs during games that can get the club punished. It just seems a bit counter-productive. I'm not going to get all hot under the collar about it on here, though, because I know lads who do sing these songs during the games, and I wouldn't have a go to their face so I'm not going to do it from behind a PC.

If anyone wants to sing songs that could get the club in trouble at any other time - be it travelling to a game, in the boozer or wherever else - I don't have a problem with that.

Now, can you please explain how anything mentioned in this thread "aligns our club to Rangers"?

Makween, are you really Donald Findlay ? Tell it to the jury mate they might buy your line of argument !

Makween, are you really Donald Findlay ? Tell it to the jury mate they might buy your line of argument !

You could always try refuting one or more of my points.

Drew Busby !
You could always try refuting one or more of my points.

Thankyou counsel.

It doesn't reflect on the club whilst travelling to a match.

FALSE. It does reflect on the club.

That's outside the club's jurisdiction.

TRUE. Theres nothing they can do about it. However if the song is offensive enough, it's within legal jurisdiction. Unlikely of course that the police or law would intervene in practice, blind eyes are generally turned.

I don't agree with people singing songs during games that can get the club punished. It just seems a bit counter-productive.

GOOD. Seems you're not so bad after all.

I'm not going to get all hot under the collar about it on here, though, because I know lads who do sing these songs during the games, and I wouldn't have a go to their face so I'm not going to do it from behind a PC.

GOOD, you have some friends that do this kind of thing at games although you personally don't agree with it...which is to your credit. You put friendship first (quite understandable) but you're stuck with their match-day behaviour. OK, that happens, we've all been there.

BAD. You have a blind spot here. It's OK for the club to get into trouble because of songs that are sung on the way to/from a game or in the boozer ?

But you just said above in your first quote that "It doesn't reflect on the club whilst travelling to a match.". Then you say here that if it "get the club into trouble" that "you don't have a problem with that". A rather large contradiction here from you, because if the club gets into trouble because of that, then by definition it has reflected badly on them hasn't it ?

FACT: A large percentage of rangers fans use the UJ/red hand/fenian blood imagery on as a key part of their identity. A small number of Hearts fans seem to like the same symbolism. That is the alignment.

Thankyou for allowing me to respond Donald, eh I mean Makween ;)

coppercrutch

FACT: A large percentage of rangers fans use the UJ/red hand/fenian blood imagery on as a key part of their identity. A small number of Hearts fans seem to like the same symbolism. That is the alignment.

I see where you are coming from with that, however where does it stop ?

A large percentage of rangers fans use the fact they are from Glasgow as a key part of their identity. A small number of Hearts fans seem to like the same symbolism.

What does that mean ? IMO very little. Maybe a lot of Rangers fans like Irn Bru. Maybe a small number of Hearts fans also like Irn Bru.

And....:rolleyes:

I see where you are coming from with that, however where does it stop ?

A large percentage of rangers fans use the fact they are from Glasgow as a key part of their identity. A small number of Hearts fans seem to like the same symbolism.

What does that mean ? IMO very little. Maybe a lot of Rangers fans like Irn Bru. Maybe a small number of Hearts fans also like Irn Bru.

And....:rolleyes:

The UJ/1690/ftp mentality is only a problem within Hearts and Rangers. No other Scottish clubs have the same alignment.

Every other club will have fans that like Irn Bru.

Also Irn Bru isn't seen as bigoted, disgraceful and uneducated.

coppercrutch
The UJ/1690/ftp mentality is only a problem within Hearts and Rangers. No other Scottish clubs have the same alignment.

Every other club will have fans that like Irn Bru.

Also Irn Bru isn't seen as bigoted, disgraceful and uneducated.

Oh dear Toggie. You were doing so well until I noticed that.

You are just as bigoted as the people you clearly despise. :)

Next.....:rolleyes:

King of the North.

You seem very Pro-Celtic and are completley against everything Rangers and there fans stand for. Do you also think calling me a hun orange ******* is not bigotry? There is bad on both sides.

Drew Busby !

Christ almighty , since the UEFA final riots, this place has been infested with mini-huns, wannabe-huns, pretend-huns, on-the-wind-up-just-for-the-hell-of-it-huns and now a genuine hun.

The PR, propaganda and spin that has been forthcoming since then has been non-stop. What about celtic ... they're just as bad ... they've got problems too...they've won the PR war and nothing else ... what about the pretend snipers ... you're a tim sympathiser... you're celtic minded ... union jack is just a flag ... whats wrong with being british ... and so on .. and so on.

And now ... here we have a hun visitor telling one of OUR forum members, KOTN, that he seems very pro-celtic. WTF ! I can't speak for KOTN but personally I don't give a flying feck about celtic. However the contstant stream of rebuttal and diversionary tactics to downplay the huns vile behaviour last week, from so many hun apologists is freekin' tedious.

THEY DISGRACED THEMSELVES.

THEY DISGRACED THEIR COUNTRY.

LIVE WITH IT !

The Real Maroonblood
Christ almighty , since the UEFA final riots, this place has been infested with mini-huns, wannabe-huns, pretend-huns, on-the-wind-up-just-for-the-hell-of-it-huns and now a genuine hun.

The PR, propaganda and spin that has been forthcoming since then has been non-stop. What about celtic ... they're just as bad ... they've got problems too...they've won the PR war and nothing else ... what about the pretend snipers ... you're a tim sympathiser... you're celtic minded ... union jack is just a flag ... whats wrong with being british ... and so on .. and so on.

And now ... here we have a hun visitor telling one of OUR forum members, KOTN, that he seems very pro-celtic. WTF ! I can't speak for KOTN but personally I don't give a flying feck about celtic. However the contstant stream of rebuttal and diversionary tactics to downplay the huns vile behaviour last week, from so many hun apologists is freekin' tedious.

THEY DISGRACED THEMSELVES.

THEY DISGRACED THEIR COUNTRY.

LIVE WITH IT !

They should put this thread to the lost cause section and take the hun apologists with it.

coppercrutch

I can't speak for KOTN but personally I don't give a flying feck about celtic

this place has been infested with mini-huns, wannabe-huns, pretend-huns, on-the-wind-up-just-for-the-hell-of-it-huns and now a genuine hun.

And now ... here we have a hun visitor telling one of OUR forum members, KOTN, that he seems very pro-celtic. WTF ! . However the contstant stream of rebuttal and diversionary tactics to downplay the huns vile behaviour last week, from so many hun apologists is freekin' tedious.

I have separated the above thread to show the sheer blinkered nature of some posters on this board...

You don't give a flying **** about Celtic ? Fine. Then don't give a flying **** about the 'huns' either.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

Now make up your mind, both or nothing - or give us all a rest and shut the **** up.

I await your decision. ;)

shaun.lawson
I have separated the above thread to show the sheer blinkered nature of some posters on this board...

You don't give a flying **** about Celtic ? Fine. Then don't give a flying **** about the 'huns' either.

Now make up your mind, both or nothing - or give us all a rest and shut the **** up.

A general point. While my sympathies lie instinctively with the arguments espoused by Drew and King Of The North, it is extremely foolish, in my view, to decry bigotry and sectarianism while simultaneously referring to Rangers supporters, or Rangers FC, as 'Huns'. It's something I try always to avoid, not least because it practically invites diversionary tactics and muddying the water.

coppercrutch
A general point. While my sympathies lie instinctively with the arguments espoused by Drew and King Of The North, it is extremely foolish, in my view, to decry bigotry and sectarianism while simultaneously referring to Rangers supporters, or Rangers FC, as 'Huns'. It's something I try always to avoid, not least because it practically invites diversionary tactics and muddying the water.

Indeed. You would think these posters would think it through first !!

I hate both sides of the OF.

I am officially a 100% bigot when it comes to either the 'Huns' or the 'Tims'. I am intolerant of the opinions of both sets of fans. In fact add the Hobos to that list too. And Aberdeen. Dundee too. And St Mirren.

I am still amazed many Hearts fans have an issue with this...:wacko:

Drew Busby !

Allow me to clarify on your behalf.

I don't give a flying freek about celtic.

I don't give a flying freek about rangers.

However, it was rangers last week who disgraced Scottish football. The smokescreen that has been thrown up since then - and by some on this board - has been aimed at diverting away from the specifics of the rangers problem, and moving the goalposts to the "they're as bad as each other" (ahem) "debate".

Personally I'm under no compulsion to "balance" last weeks vile display, with similar condemnation of celtic... thats the job of rangers apologists, not me.

The focus last week is on rangers and their problem.

$ilvery_Moon

;)Not true. Airdrie can also be included.

Exactly. Smacks of hypocrisy IMO.

Drew Busby !
;)Not true. Airdrie can also be included.

Exactly. Smacks of hypocrisy IMO.

There are rangers fans.

And there are rangers fans who are huns...that term describes a protestant rangers support who revels in the songs and symbolism of UJs/red-hands/king-billy/1690/fenian blood and so on. Allegedly with "pride" as it's part of their identity they would claim ... but always with sectarian malice wrapped in it.

If you prefer to have the huns described as "bigots", then thats fine. The fact is that a "hun" or "rangers bigot" is one and the same thing. The use of the term is entirely appropriate if used to distinguish them from the (probably) minority of rangers fans who don't buy into that.

Being against bigots and bigotry does not make ME or anyone else a bigot merely by opposing them !

$ilvery_Moon
There are rangers fans.

And there are rangers fans who are huns...that term describes a protestant rangers support who revels in the songs and symbolism of UJs/red-hands/king-billy/1690/fenian blood and so on. Allegedly with "pride" as it's part of their identity they would claim ... but always with sectarian malice wrapped in it.

If you prefer to have the huns described as "bigots", then thats fine. The fact is that a "hun" or "rangers bigot" is one and the same thing. The use of the term is entirely appropriate if used to distinguish them from the (probably) minority of rangers fans who don't buy into that.

Being against bigots and bigotry does not make ME or anyone else a bigot merely by opposing them !

I'm not saying you are a bigot! I don't for one second believe that you are. Like you I despise the pair of them. They both have a problem, and they are both a disgrace to Scottish football. Personally I don't think the word hun should be used to describe Rangers fans. The nil by mouth campaign has clearly stated that hun is an offensive term and should not be used. I just hope that some day the pair of them will disappear and join some Euro League or something and take their ****e with them!

Drew Busby !
I'm not saying you are a bigot! I don't for one second believe that you are. Like you I despise the pair of them. They both have a problem, and they are both a disgrace to Scottish football. Personally I don't think the word hun should be used to describe Rangers fans. The nil by mouth campaign has clearly stated that hun is an offensive term and should not be used. I just hope that some day the pair of them will disappear and join some Euro League or something and take their ****e with them!

Fair enough points there $ilvery and I take on board from yourself and others that the use of that word lends itself to tainting the person who uses it. Because of that, it's the last time I'll use it on this forum. Fighting with those who habituate the sectarian sewer only results in being covered in sh|te yourself I guess... :laugh:

Cheers :thumb:

coppercrutch

Do you know what I think after reading this thread for a while ?

I have a theory. The most loud and vociferous opponents of smoking are those who used to do it themselves. We all know the type.

So when it comes to the subject of this particluar thread.......................

Am I getting close...

I bet you have never heard of the Hibs and England player Joe Baker.

I will give you time to do research on him.

John

That is a wholly irrelevant example. He didn't have the choice at the time, as I understand it.

King of the North
Do you know what I think after reading this thread for a while ?

I have a theory. The most loud and vociferous opponents of smoking are those who used to do it themselves. We all know the type.

So when it comes to the subject of this particluar thread.......................

Am I getting close...

Nope. Personally, I have always been a PC handwringer.

King of the North
There are rangers fans.

A fantastic point.

The term 'hun' is a neagative term - yet personally I consider it impossible to consider this massive section of the Rangers support in anything other than a negative way. I deliberately avoid referring to them as the minority, becasue I have my doubts that they are not actually the significant majority. I also feel no compunction to drag any other clubs into this debate. To be anti hun is to be anti bigotry.

And I utterly resent being told where my sympathies lie by a hun interloper on this forum. I hope he is hurting this morning.

All I'll say before I head off to work is Well done Man United, Zenit and Celtic. The huns (Glasgow and London branches) get exactly what they deserve.

What a fantastic couple of weeks for football and for common decency. The good will out.

PS- Walter Smith and Alex McLeish selling out their country, then both ending the season extremely disappointed is pleasing too.

A great season, except at Tynie where it counts...

A fantastic point.

The term 'hun' is a neagative term - yet personally I consider it impossible to consider this massive section of the Rangers support in anything other than a negative way. I deliberately avoid referring to them as the minority, becasue I have my doubts that they are not actually the significant majority. I also feel no compunction to drag any other clubs into this debate. To be anti hun is to be anti bigotry.

And I utterly resent being told where my sympathies lie by a hun interloper on this forum. I hope he is hurting this morning.

All I'll say before I head off to work is Well done Man United, Zenit and Celtic. The huns (Glasgow and London branches) get exactly what they deserve.

What a fantastic couple of weeks for football and for common decency. The good will out.

PS- Walter Smith and Alex McLeish selling out their country, then both ending the season extremely disappointed is pleasing too.

A great season, except at Tynie where it counts...

Presumably, you won't be offended in any way if the term "Tim" is used with reference to certain elements of the Celtic support.

I would hasten to say that I have no time for bigots. Likewise, I have absolutely no time for religion and religious people are often the most ill informed bigots of them all.

FALSE. It does reflect on the club.

In what way? To me, it only reflects on the club if it's being allowed within an area of the club's jurisdiction and the club is doing nothing to prevent it. Otherwise, it reflects on the singers.

TRUE. Theres nothing they can do about it. However if the song is offensive enough, it's within legal jurisdiction. Unlikely of course that the police or law would intervene in practice, blind eyes are generally turned.

Which is part of my point. Anyone singing (some of) the songs mentioned knows that they're risking legal sanctions (not sure if that's the right word, but I'm sure that you know what I'm trying to say) - as long as they're only putting themselves at risk, I don't really see a problem.

GOOD. Seems you're not so bad after all.

Thanks. I'm a nice guy, let's be friends.

BAD. You have a blind spot here. It's OK for the club to get into trouble because of songs that are sung on the way to/from a game or in the boozer ?

But you just said above in your first quote that "It doesn't reflect on the club whilst travelling to a match.". Then you say here that if it "get the club into trouble" that "you don't have a problem with that". A rather large contradiction here from you, because if the club gets into trouble because of that, then by definition it has reflected badly on them hasn't it ?

My understanding was that the club can only be punished if an incident happens during a match or in the immediate runup / aftermath. If not, surely the club can't be punished? It's not like they could do anything to prevent it. Most clubs'll ban fans who get charged with this kind of thing, but that's a voluntary measure - they don't actually have to.

I don't think that it's aligning us to Rangers any more than Rangers are aligning themselves to us. As I said, I personally think that Rangers fans ar just Hearts fans without the busfare.

coppercrutch
Nope. Personally, I have always been a PC handwringer.

Well at least you are honest !!

The People's Chimp
Presumably, you won't be offended in any way if the term "Tim" is used with reference to certain elements of the Celtic support.

I would hasten to say that I have no time for bigots. Likewise, I have absolutely no time for religion and religious people are often the most ill informed bigots of them all.

Strange that a lot of celtic fans use the term "tim."

And whether nil by mouth say "hun" is an offensive term or not, I'll continue to use it. they're an admirable organisation but on this one they've got it wrong.

Spellczech
Strange that a lot of celtic fans use the term "tim."

And whether nil by mouth say "hun" is an offensive term or not, I'll continue to use it. they're an admirable organisation but on this one they've got it wrong.

Where does the term "Hun" come from? Is it Attila?s tribe? In which case it surely cannot be bigotted, rather just descriptive of their unsophisticated angry demeanour...

Archived