Rudi

Chrambo

But he has been free,he was not contracted too the club so that blows your theory right out the water

Of course he was a free agent, I meant he wasn't actively looking for a club. He thought he was signing for Hearts and wouldn't entertain any other offers, so saying he was free for a year is being disingenious.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh ah grantona

Kevin McAllister (born 8 November 1961) Ran the show in the 98 semi final with falkirk at age 36 not bad.

?Ryan Giggs at 40 would still be playing in the premiership if not for management job

Yet Rudi at 35 cant play in the Scottish championship explain that!!!

As has been said i think we will struggle to unlock teams in some games and i dont see us having that perfect reliable key from what i have seen in pre season and i think Rudi could be our man.

Plus we want him to coach 8-12 year olds who are at School during day so what is he to do all day. Get him in the first team and tell him to prove he is worthy of a start and he will IMO

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Rudi has been available for other clubs to sign; not even Sir Paul has shown an interest. Maybe this time the management team are correct?

Was a hero to Many...but to others(the first time) he was a guy who played for 45 minutes a game; for half a season! Second time he scored a couple of goals against a poor side in a cup final. Overstated influence..

Would welcome him back on a 6 month contract.

Just, wow...

upgotheheads

Rudi has been available for other clubs to sign; not even Sir Paul has shown an interest. Maybe this time the management team are correct?

Was a hero to Many...but to others(the first time) he was a guy who played for 45 minutes a game; for half a season! Second time he scored a couple of goals against a poor side in a cup final. Overstated influence..

And scored the crucial opening goal in the semi final.

Rudi will always be in our Hearts but can we now put the signing pish to bed, starting to get a little bit irritating now.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think we all agree Rudi is a Legend.

But he aint coming back as a player - FACT.

Can we now move on and fully back the players we have signed.

Maybe once we have seen them play and have something to discuss. You can't know something to be fact that is held in the future

gashauskis9

Kevin McAllister (born 8 November 1961) Ran the show in the 98 semi final with falkirk at age 36 not bad.

?Ryan Giggs at 40 would still be playing in the premiership if not for management job

Yet Rudi at 35 cant play in the Scottish championship explain that!!!

As has been said i think we will struggle to unlock teams in some games and i dont see us having that perfect reliable key from what i have seen in pre season and i think Rudi could be our man.

Plus we want him to coach 8-12 year olds who are at School during day so what is he to do all day. Get him in the first team and tell him to prove he is worthy of a start and he will IMO

The problem with your comparison is that McCallister, Giggs et al benefitted from playing consistently throughout, so they remained solid players at their level. Rudi hasn't played competitive football for over a year so I reckon he'd struggle with a lot of aspects of the Championship.

Good impact sub? Possibly.

Worth a squad place instead of a talented youngster? Possibly not.

It's a head and heart dilemma for me.

So he aint signing today......the person who said this should be tossed off! :bobby:

7pm press conference. If i'm wrong you can toss me off yourself.

But i've already said too much.

I'm confused as to why folk pant wet about whether to discuss Rudi or not.

As long as it's one thread, what's the drama? If folk want to discuss, discuss. If folk don't, don't!

It's hype about hype about hysteria about hysteria now. The lovers and haters of such discussion doing as much moaning as one another!

Wads of fans would love him back - thus it will always spark conversation. It's only conversation! Keep calm!!

I'm confused as to why folk pant wet about whether to discuss Rudi or not.

As long as it's one thread, what's the drama? If folk want to discuss, discuss. If folk don't, don't!

It's hype about hype about hysteria about hysteria now. The lovers and haters of such discussion doing as much moaning as one another!

Wads of fans would love him back - thus it will always spark conversation. It's only conversation! Keep calm!!

I agree. It is not one thread, though.

jamtartan74

Don't think we will sign him but would love to, maybe in January if things aren't going to plan. Then again if he's a free agent then he could sign at any time is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clerry Jambo

Really don't see the issue with Rudi being brought in as coach/player - he would know himself that he might not be a first pick and need match practice. Robbie also looking to loan out some of the younger lads surely leaving room in the current squad furra ledge

Jambo 4 Ever

So he aint signing today......the person who said this should be tossed off! :bobby:

Agreed

7pm press conference. If i'm wrong you can toss me off yourself.

But i've already said too much.

Let me book a flight first!

I am of course joking......would love it to be true (Rudi not the other bit).

Perth to Paisley

All factually accurate... I notice that nobody disagreed with the half a game half a season bit!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

All factually accurate... I notice that nobody disagreed with the half a game half a season bit!

It was such a ridiculous comment, I assumed you were joking. :rofl:

Rudi is and always will be a total hero. Would I like him at the club? Yes. Would I like to see him getting first team football? Yes. But only if he can prove he is still good enough. We have seen Buaben and Gomis pick up where they left off at Dundee United so it would be tough for him to start. If he were brought in as a player coach I would be happy with that. We don't know how fit he is and with no football in a year I think it would be a fair guess to say not very. If we can afford him there is nothing to lose but if Levein or Neilson don't want him we have to support that decision. Again Rudi is a legend but he needs to prove he still has it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rudi is and always will be a total hero. Would I like him at the club? Yes. Would I like to see him getting first team football? Yes. But only if he can prove he is still good enough. We have seen Buaben and Gomis pick up where they left off at Dundee United so it would be tough for him to start. If he were brought in as a player coach I would be happy with that. We don't know how fit he is and with no football in a year I think it would be a fair guess to say not very. If we can afford him there is nothing to lose but if Levein or Neilson don't want him we have to support that decision. Again Rudi is a legend but he needs to prove he still has it.

Have we? We haven't played a game yet

john brownlee

Ego is a powerful thing and when your in charge it's your ego that counts Rudi is not coming to Heart of Midlothian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've not even played a proper game yet :rofl:

Three goals in two cup finals, 50 goals from midfield, most successful player in our lifetime, constantly dragged us from the jaws of defeat and you think his influence is overstated? Factually accurate indeed

Because some people are picking up on my Gomis/Bauben partnership. If you have been to or watched highlights of any of the pre season games then you will see that have worked well together. I know it's non-competitive but still they have played well. If it was Rudi having a good preseason with us chances are most people(myself included) would be desperate for his signature.

Bungalow Bill

Anyone who doubts that Rudi could make a huge impact in the championship clearly knows nothing about football.

It's scottish football we're talking about here.

If he was signed as an impact player, all the roasters would want him on after 20 minutes, happy he is not coming back, we had him at his peak.

Frank Sidebottom

Attention seeking post IMO.

Nucky Thompson

Going to have to trump Hibs latest signing now

Eh?? Every one of our signings have trumped it

maroonnicky63

Was just about to post the same mate.

Levein's stubbornness coming to the fore AGAIN.

what a load of tosh, move on fantastic player for us, done wonders . FFS Move on , he is nearly drawin his pension , not really but ffs

JamboRossi79

Well that has to be the single worst summary of the legend that is Rudi Skacel I have ever read.

People have to start accepting a big part of our agenda is to bring on the young players. I think we have signed plenty experience to see us through to at least the Jan window when we might look at another 1 or 2 players if we need them.

We actually have more experience than people think. Ozturk and Wilson are experienced IMO despite being 22. Both have plenty life experience of moving to a big club where they played with strong players but on a personel level it maybe didn`t work out too well. But they will have grown up quick and learned a hell of alot on and off the field.

Then you have Alexander , Gomis and Bauben. Osman Sow is another who has been around without really settling but again will have matured quickly with the experiences he`s had already. You don`t have to be 29, 30 to be regarded experienced.

The facts are we`ll have to deal with any injury problems or suspensions and theres an element to this season where we`ll have to put faith in the covering players.

what a load of tosh, move on fantastic player for us, done wonders . FFS Move on , he is nearly drawin his pension , not really but ffs

Do you really think we'll win the league without him?

Leveins stubbornness is going to cost us the Championship!

Exactly.

Biggest mistake the club will EVER make.

Gies peace. I do not know what your agenda is, but I prefer the shite pun chat.

We've not even played a proper game yet :rofl:

But they played well against East Fife in a friendly so it's all good. Otzurk is the best centre back in Europe and Sow is amazing, although I've never seen him play. El Hassnouie will also be much better than Carrick because he has a fancy name.

She's a card that Ann Budge. Waits till the folk who are paid monthly have trousrered the cash before announcing Rudi's signature.

Top marketing stuff.

Imagine the dugout for that first derby. Robbie, Craig, Robbo and Rudi.

8-0 might just be on the cards.

But they played well against East Fife in a friendly so it's all good. Otzurk is the best centre back in Europe and Sow is amazing, although I've never seen him play. El Hassnouie will also be much better than Carrick because he has a fancy name.

Ozturk will be sold for millions in January.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Having read hear yesterday that Rudi was about to sign, I have been up all night checking the official site but nothing. I don't think I will trust the information on JKB ever again. Sorely disappointed, hopefully I can still rely on Hibs.net for reliable info.

Marooned In Oz

Well that has to be the single worst summary of the legend that is Rudi Skacel I have ever read.

Jesus the half a season myth again? Don't have the stats to hand, but I thought this one was put to death. This stems back to his first season were he scored a lot less than the fort half of the season. Little to people realise his assist rates actually INCREASED. Hartley started to score more as rudi was more man marked out of games, leaving spaces for him to run into.

People who say rudi was only good for half a season know nothing about football.

Jesus the half a season myth again? Don't have the stats to hand, but I thought this one was put to death. This stems back to his first season were he scored a lot less than the fort half of the season. Little to people realise his assist rates actually INCREASED. Hartley started to score more as rudi was more man marked out of games, leaving spaces for him to run into.

People who say rudi was only good for half a season know nothing about football.

Spot on mate plus the fact he was asked to play full back!! in the semi final when Consalves was carted off, and he was excellent, lack of effort my erchie.

Archived