Rudi

Chrambo

Which is it ?

Locked or Not ??

Well since the thread is still open I thought I may as well chuck some more debris onto it. :D

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got one.

Who, if I am not mistaken we signed a 21 year old centre half, I don't call that experience to be honest.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Who, if I am not mistaken we signed a 21 year old centre half, I don't call that experience to be honest.

Michael Nelson is "experienced".

He wasn't available though so Ozturk will have to do...

Chris Benoit

I was referring to you saying Wilson needs a strong character beside him. I'm not fussed if he's only 21 he's played in Holland and Turkey as well as for Turkey U21's. What's the alternative? Some 30 something CH from Scotland who may be experienced but won't be of the desired standard footballing wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Treasurer

I was referring to you saying Wilson needs a strong character beside him. I'm not fussed if he's only 21 he's played in Holland and Turkey as well as for Turkey U21's. What's the alternative? Some 30 something CH from Scotland who may be experienced but won't be of the desired standard footballing wise.

Good points.

I think everyone (myself included) is getting hung up on this "we need an experienced CH" nonsense.

It would be good to get another body in as defensive cover, preferably able to play a couple of positions, but if the choice is someone young like Ozturk or an old head like Nelson or Mcjake then I know which I'd choose.

Perth to Paisley

Rudi has been available for other clubs to sign; not even Sir Paul has shown an interest. Maybe this time the management team are correct?

Was a hero to Many...but to others(the first time) he was a guy who played for 45 minutes a game; for half a season! Second time he scored a couple of goals against a poor side in a cup final. Overstated influence..

Would welcome him back on a 6 month contract.

Overstated influence!!! hold on a minute, he scored in the semi final against the best team in the league + adding around 13 goals in half!! a season, now I'm not saying we should re sign him, maybe that boat has sailed but Rudi will always be a hero to all of us, and anyone who disagrees can feck off :2thumbsup:

Overstated influence!!! hold on a minute, he scored in the semi final against the best team in the league + adding around 13 goals in half!! a season, now I'm not saying we should re sign him, maybe that boat has sailed but Rudi will always be a hero to all of us, and anyone who disagrees can feck off :2thumbsup:

How long ago was that and is he still good enough?

Rudi has been available for other clubs to sign; not even Sir Paul has shown an interest. Maybe this time the management team are correct?

Was a hero to Many...but to others(the first time) he was a guy who played for 45 minutes a game; for half a season! Second time he scored a couple of goals against a poor side in a cup final. Overstated influence..

:cornette:

your comments about others no being interested in him is a load of pish as well

Ok Frank here goes

From Oct 2010 till April 2011, 13 goals

From August 2011 till May 2012, 18 goals

Is he still good enough, for the Championship maybe, but as I said I don't think we will resign him.

So much wrong in one post.

Overstated influence? Deary me. He scored in the Quarters, Semi and Final. As well as got into double figures during the season.

Who can forget Rudi dismantling St Mirren with a sublime hat trick in a 5-2 victory aswell?

Rudi gave the team confidence, he gave you intelligence off the ball with his positioning and I can rarely remember Rudi losing a ball or being under pressure.

He didn't always have to be on the ball to have an effect but when he was it was usually productive.

Hearts Heritage

Reasons for signing Rudi for a 3rd time as a player.

1 - Popular with fans would add 'bums on seats'. Season ticket sales indicate that no 'Rudi Factor required.

2 - Could 'do a job'. This is the imponderable He hasn't played in over a year, nobody else wants to sign him and He is 35. Wouldn't want to see him a 'shadow of his former self'

Haven't read all 6 pages of slavering but are folk still trying to pretend we'll be a better side without his 20 goals from midfield?

Nookie Bear

Haven't read all 6 pages of slavering but are folk still trying to pretend we'll be a better side without his 20 goals from midfield?

He is 35 years old and has not kicked a ball in a year so his signing would represent a massive gamble for a club that has no financial room for a gamble.

No. They are just being grown up about it, because they are Hearts fans, and not Rudi fans.

Rudi would still score goals in the right side at 40 never mind 35.

His technique is simply outstanding. All the stuff about legs having gone are subjective. Play him in the correct position with legs around him and you still have a goal machine.

There will be games this season where we don't break a team down when the decision not to re-sign will appear a head scratcher

Lord Beni of Gorgie

My 2 points. Rudi is not a gamble, not in the Championship, do people really believe this to be the case? And secondly I would take in a second, a Stephen Craigan or Russell Anderson type. What they may lack in skill or class, they more than compensate for in organisation and leadership - 2 qualities for any decent defence. I don't know Ozturk, he may have these, but at his age I am inclined to believe its unlikely.

Fxxx the SPFL

Reasons for signing Rudi for a 3rd time as a player.

1 - Popular with fans would add 'bums on seats'. Season ticket sales indicate that no 'Rudi Factor required.

2 - Could 'do a job'. This is the imponderable He hasn't played in over a year, nobody else wants to sign him and He is 35. Wouldn't want to see him a 'shadow of his former self'

can't disagree with that synopsis

nobody else wants to sign him

Where do people keep hearing this? The amount guess work passed over as fact on Skacel threads is staggering

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Where do people keep hearing this? The amount guess work passed over as fact on Skacel threads is staggering

He'd have a club if people wanted him. He's been a free agent for a year.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He rejected Alloa and Albion Rovers, that's all that we know of. He may have rejected more.

He is 35 years old and has not kicked a ball in a year so his signing would represent a massive gamble for a club that has no financial room for a gamble.

Well they signed El Hassnoui with a groin injury who has never set foot in Scotland before so letd not pretend there are no risks being taken.

Rudi, loves the club, could coach the youngsters, would excite the fans, could score goals with his eyes closed and would presumably be relatively cheap.

It's no more a gamble than chucking a tenner on the Germans to win a penalty shootout.

Nookie Bear

My 2 points. Rudi is not a gamble, not in the Championship, do people really believe this to be the case? And secondly I would take in a second, a Stephen Craigan or Russell Anderson type. What they may lack in skill or class, they more than compensate for in organisation and leadership - 2 qualities for any decent defence. I don't know Ozturk, he may have these, but at his age I am inclined to believe its unlikely.

It is a financial gamble to pay wages for a guy who is 35 who has not kicked a ball for a year and CL clearly does not see him in the bigger picture.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It is a financial gamble to pay wages for a guy who is 35 who has not kicked a ball for a year and CL clearly does not see him in the bigger picture.

He's asking for buttons is he not. 20 goals a season I don't see being a financial gamble. We'll have to agree to disagree. I firmly believe his talent, with legs around him is too good to miss out on. Timing into the box and technical ability, these are things we don't have in abundance.

Nookie Bear

Rudi, loves the club, could coach the youngsters, would excite the fans, could score goals with his eyes closed and would presumably be relatively cheap.

He has scored 1 goal in his previous 19 competitive games, from what I can see.

I'm not Rudi bashing and would love him to be what he was but......I just cannot see it. And to expect him to stroll the Championship undervalues the league as there will be plenty of organised teams in there.

Nookie Bear

He's asking for buttons is he not. 20 goals a season I don't see being a financial gamble. We'll have to agree to disagree. I firmly believe his talent, with legs around him is too good to miss out on. Timing into the box and technical ability, these are things we don't have in abundance.

I dunno. Is he asking for buttons?

I agree to disagree and would love nothing more than for him to return next week and prove idiots like me wrong!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I dunno. Is he asking for buttons?

I agree to disagree and would love nothing more than for him to return next week and prove idiots like me wrong!

Buttons are all we can afford. Having firmly been in the yes camp and I still believe he would be a valuable addition, I do think the experienced defender is more important. Really surprised the usually defensively minded Levein has not went that route to date.

He spent a lot of that year training with Hearts, coaching the youths and trying to get the chance to play, for free, if the SFA had allowed it.

We need to win a lot of games next season to either win the title or be in the play-off's. Rudi is more than capable of turning a 0-0 draw and 2 lost points, into a 1-0 win and three points with one swing of that left foot. I can't see any reason not to have him in the squad, particularly if his salary was funded by a third party.

He was training with Hearts til May with the intention of signing for us, so he's not been free for a year. And because a club is interested doesn't mean he fancies it.

He has scored 1 goal in his previous 19 competitive games, from what I can see.

I'm not Rudi bashing and would love him to be what he was but......I just cannot see it. And to expect him to stroll the Championship undervalues the league as there will be plenty of organised teams in there.

Used sparingly with midfield grafters around him and he would score at least 12+ i would say and could be worth 10+ points. Although you might lose a bit of pace, that natural technique to strike a ball, you never lose it. You need players like him with a bit quality to pull the game out the bag sometimes.

I hope I'm wrong but I see us being a workmanlike side under CL/RN with some glimpses of quality but not enough to trouble Rangers.

I don't see us scoring bucket loads and can see us drawing alot. There will be times we'll need a "game changer" to turn it and I hope the descision to ignore Rudi will not come back to haunt us.

No room for a gamble but every signing this season is a completely unknown player from foreign second division leagues???

So this thread is basically a discussion of, on the one hand, Rudi, and, on the other, the memory of Rudi. There are those who feel the two concepts are one and the same, and those who feel that the latter is/may be a mere reflection of the former.

That about it?

So this thread is basically a discussion of, on the one hand, Rudi, and, on the other, the memory of Rudi. There are those who feel the two concepts are one and the same, and those who feel that the latter is/may be a mere reflection of the former.

That about it?

Basically the party line seems to be that signing him would be a huge financial gamble which could tip the club over the edge.

That would work if it didn't perfectly describe pretty much all our signings this summer.

Can't believe this is still going haha

What I will add is that I don't see how it can be a gamble. We've offered him a coaching role already so he'd be on the books as a wage if he took it. Can't be difficult surely to register him as a player coach?

Gavsy Van Gaverson

He was training with Hearts til May with the intention of signing for us, so he's not been free for a year. And because a club is interested doesn't mean he fancies it.

He was free. Yes he trained with us and possibly did have the intention to sign. However, the new management team obviously don't think he'd improve us so the fact that he intended to sign for us means diddly squat.

Rudi strikes me as being quite naturally fit. Even at 35 he could do a late pre season and be fit to play in a 3-4 week period.

The key thing for most players and especially older players is being injury free and not having a history of niggling injuries or recurring ones.

This normally knocks them back big time and a step nearer retirement. I can't say I've heard Rudi have these problems.

I don't think this Rudi situation is any different to another legend by the name of Robertson when Jeffries came in he made it clear Robbo was not what he wanted but he was told by the board he stays

No one needs reminded what the wee fat striker done for the club in those last few years he gave belief to the team and there wasn't a jambo in parkhead who didnt have a tear in his/her eye that great day when we saw him lift the big cup

This club has a history of treating our legends badly at the end and he hasnt played for a season due to his comitment to hearts and the fact we tried to sign him

I just dont understand if he would be such a great adition to this club as craig and robbie have said why we dont just give him a player coach role to get him as a coach for the benefit of our future kids

It is clear that to so many it means so much and to those who dont want him back I dont think they would really care if he was signed and was a flop

This would be a galvanizing signing for our club and really would mean more than the foundation being the sponsor on the away kit

I think what has become clear is we need to loose this mentality of every player must have a future value and be a certain age as there was a reason our great team of 86 was called dads army

And i think we need a couple of older heads like a bruno or a salvatori or dare i say a sauzee at the moment

I suspect if we gave him a player coach role, but never played him, he might feel slightly misled (it would be worse on here), so perhaps that is why we are off work coaching only.

I suspect if we gave him a player coach role, but never played him, he might feel slightly misled (it would be worse on here), so perhaps that is why we are off work coaching only.

If we play the best 11 players week in week out and rudi doesnt get a game he only has himself to blame

As far as I am aware the foundation made a promise to rudi and that should stand and also what would it be like when we are drawing against cowdenbeath and the sight of rudi warming up would be enough to take the roof of tynie but maybe iam just a romantic

If we play the best 11 players week in week out and rudi doesnt get a game he only has himself to blame

As far as I am aware the foundation made a promise to rudi and that should stand and also what would it be like when we are drawing against cowdenbeath and the sight of rudi warming up would be enough to take the roof of tynie but maybe iam just a romantic

Why should it stand?

It was not the Foundation's place to make a promise to anyone. It never will be. If the Foundation is or was going around making promises to people, then it is up to them to apologise, not for Craig Levein or Robbie Neilson to change their plans to accommodate them.

I think we all agree Rudi is a Legend.

But he aint coming back as a player - FACT.

Can we now move on and fully back the players we have signed.

Michael Nelson is "experienced".

He wasn't available though so Ozturk will have to do...

I never called for Nelson, keep your wise comments for someone else. Cheers.

?

JamboBornNBred

But he has been free,he was not contracted too the club so that blows your theory right out the water

JamboBornNBred

Another point,as we all knew,once we exited Administration,we all knew players included that we would be under new management and probably a new manager.Sure enough Lockie didnt get his contract renewed.I felt then that as soon as Locke left the chances of Rudi returning diminished

I think we all agree Rudi is a Legend.

But he aint coming back as a player - FACT.

Can we now move on and fully back the players we have signed.

I'll let it go.

As long as Buaben scores a hat trick against Annan.

::troll:::'>

Fort Vallance

I'll let it go.

class=:' />

With his left foot.

Hearts Heritage

I'll let it go.

br=

With his left foot.

Surely

Right

Left

& a Header

Archived