Rudi

Chrambo

Was'nt it great that the youngsters of 30 years ago were nurtured by guys like Johnston, Macdonald and Jardine? Real shame if Levein doesn't see the value in that.

I am one of many who will be bitterly disappointed if no attempt is made to bring him back and I don't mean as coach of the under 5s.

100% agree with the first part but as for Rudi not coming back,shame but I wont lose sleep over it

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
davemclaren

Too much sentimentality and misty-eyed stuff around Rudi. Great player for us but his time is over

wouldn't surprise me if Locke was trying to get him to killie

I hope he does.

Then we will get peace when it becomes obvious that RN/CL were right all along.

scott_jambo

I hope he does.

Wanting Rudi Skacel to fail to be proven right on JKB.

Watch out. The :cornette: :cornette: :cornette:'s are coming...

hitchcock_birds.gif

I don't understand the point of this thread if it is meant as sarcastic, we need depth, Rudi would provide that and perhaps bring our wingers and attacking players games on. We hold the cards, wages cannot be an issue. In my head I think Levein or Neilson could be worried his lack of application toward training could undermine the ethos and setup of the club. No dig at Rudi or anything btw, purely speculation on my part.

If Rudi isn't signed I'm going to support Hibs

Bet your sister is praying he does then

:kirklol:

I hope he does.

Or the other way around ..

I expect Rudi to sign for Dundee sand to have a positive impact on the SPL. He might reach previous levels but he will prove he is an asset.

gashauskis9

I've just had Skatchel 19 on my new hearts top.

He'd better sign otherwise I'll look ridiculous.

You'd look ridiculous regardless mate, you spelt his name wrong...

Walter Bishop

You'd look ridiculous regardless mate, you spelt his name wrong...

I've just had Skatchel 19 on my new hearts top.

He'd better sign otherwise I'll look ridiculous.

19? Its 51 and Skachell on my glorious home top!!

19? Its 51 and Skachell on my glorious home top!!

Not sure if you're intending to be dramatically ironic for comedic effect, but that's not how you spell his name. :biggrin:

Oh, and it's got to be 19 imo.

I don't understand the point of this thread if it is meant as sarcastic, we need depth, Rudi would provide that and perhaps bring our wingers and attacking players games on. We hold the cards, wages cannot be an issue. In my head I think Levein or Neilson could be worried his lack of application toward training could undermine the ethos and setup of the club. No dig at Rudi or anything btw, purely speculation on my part.

Not sarcastic at all mate.

My honest opinion is that Robbie and Craig don't want to sign Rudi cause they know he will show them up in training.

Dr. Bapswent

Not sarcastic at all mate.

My honest opinion is that Robbie and Craig don't want to sign Rudi cause they know he will show them up in training.

You seriously think they would avoid signing a player that would improve the team (and therefore bring them all more success etc) because he would be better at training than them?

The People's Chimp

If only Rudi had been there to score 4 against gretna

If only he'd been there to score the all important goal and a penalty. Oh wait...

Guest GhostHunter

Whilst he's a legend and always will be, the fact NO OTHER team has come in for him, speaks volumes.

Diadora Van Basten

Every time we sign a player I compare him to what Rudi has too offer and so far the new signings are not as good.

We_are_the_Hearts

Every time we sign a player I compare him to what Rudi has too offer and so far the new signings are not as good.

Agreed, Rudi would be a far better ball winner than that Ozturk.....................Robbie OOT!!

Whilst he's a legend and always will be, the fact NO OTHER team has come in for him, speaks volumes.

Regretably this is spot on Dex.

Teuchterjambo

Another pointless thread ... don't want to go into the pros and cons but it ain't going to happen.. get over it move on.

When I see this subject brought up now I just see people focusing on negativity when the exact opposite is required. This tireless but totally futile campaigning for Rudi is focusing people on the past.

At the end of the day we support the club and it is now time to finally bid farewell to Rudi as a player and start to focus on and support the current group of players , it is them that will be wearing the maroon so let's get on with it.

scott_jambo

He's chilling in LA mate. I think we can forgive him for not committing his future to East Fife right this second.

Do you mean what Rudi offered previously, or what he could do for the team now? Unfortunately, if you think the latter, then you might be disappointed. Rudi, during his 2 previous occasions at the club was magnificent. Sadly, I honestly feel that we go the best out of him THEN. Give the new guys a chance (a couple of pre season friendlies is no where near enough time to assess what impact they may or may not have). Really is time to let go of this, keep the memories but move on, eh?

If Robbie isn't signing Bauben until he proves his fitness, you can work out what chance Skacel has. Rudi looked well short of the pace when he played for Dundee Utd and hasn't done much this then. It would take him to around Christmas to get anywhere near match fitness.

Another pointless thread ... don't want to go into the pros and cons but it ain't going to happen.. get over it move on.

When I see this subject brought up now I just see people focusing on negativity when the exact opposite is required. This tireless but totally futile campaigning for Rudi is focusing people on the past.

At the end of the day we support the club and it is now time to finally bid farewell to Rudi as a player and start to focus on and support the current group of players , it is them that will be wearing the maroon so let's get on with it.

Again nailed it.

You seriously think they would avoid signing a player that would improve the team (and therefore bring them all more success etc) because he would be better at training than them?

100%.

It's classic Levein mate. 4-6-0 and all that.

100%.

Would Hibs.net not be a more suitable place for that post?

tartofmidlothian

Folk trying like bears on Levein's Twitter last night. :lol:

Gorgie Rules ?@GrantLacey1 12h

@CraigWLevein Missing one bit of the jigsaw IMO. A creative midfielder perhaps. One with a sweet left peg. Possibly a Czech. #HMFC4LIFE

Andy Morris ?@AndyM1874 12h

@CraigWLevein Mr Rudolph Skacel would add a few goals and a great source of technical ability for the youngsters to learn from.

David Kinghorn ?@KinghornDave 12h

@CraigWLevein good stuff, canny help feel we're short of a Rudi Skacel type player tbh... If only there was such a type of player available.

We_are_the_Hearts

100%.

Can't figure out if you are on the wind up or just a bellend.................must be the former?

Folk trying like bears on Levein's Twitter last night. :lol:

Gorgie Rules ?@GrantLacey1 12h

@CraigWLevein Missing one bit of the jigsaw IMO. A creative midfielder perhaps. One with a sweet left peg. Possibly a Czech. #HMFC4LIFE

Andy Morris ?@AndyM1874 12h

@CraigWLevein Mr Rudolph Skacel would add a few goals and a great source of technical ability for the youngsters to learn from.

David Kinghorn ?@KinghornDave 12h

@CraigWLevein good stuff, canny help feel we're short of a Rudi Skacel type player tbh... If only there was such a type of player available.

Ha ha, subtle as a brick :)

hearts_crazy

I think it's undeniable that tonight proved we need Rudi back.

I don't think it's undeniable at all, I thought our Midfield played well, first half especially.

Not saying I don't want him, back, just refuting what you say, factually incorrect IMO.

Not been on alot last few days but I thought it was all but confirmed that the Prince (rudi) was returning??

scott_jambo

Can we all troll leveins account for skavel requests. Keeps up occupied through pre season.

whitedevries

We should have a fans referendum on the Rudi question! Maybe get another option put on the independence ballot paper?

Put me down for YES!

Can't figure out if you are on the wind up or just a bellend.................must be the former?

I'm going for both.

Clerry Jambo

Can we all troll leveins account for skavel requests. Keeps up occupied through pre season.

Think Skavel is now past his best, but would certainly take Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddddddddddddiiiii

Rudi's Left Peg

This is growing tiresome.

There is not a hearts fan on earth who doesn't love Rudi Skacel, he is and always will be a club legend.

However.

He is of the belief he can play at a high level, he would not take a wage at the same level as the current squad. FACT.

Rudi Skacel is not a charity, as much as he loves the club he has to eat.

We are starting a brand new regime, a footballing dynasty built from scratch with a group of talented youngsters. Lets talk about that.

Ozturk & Gomis = better than signing Rudi Skacel for us next season. The rest are a bonus.

I have put as much money into this club as I can afford to help the fight to get us back to head above water. I do not want to go through that again.

Those who are not buying a season ticket just because Rudi isn't signing, I'm sure i'll still see you at the promotion party at least.

gashauskis9

Oh, Gashauskis...

Sorry folks, didn't bother reading the full thread. Thought the point was getting Skacel on the shirt when he's not signing.

Back to the drawing board.... :-)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Only muppets wouldn't want Rudi back. There that's you lot told.

He could be the difference between O-O and O-1 at a place like Dumbarton or COwdenbeath this season. A tight game where nothing is looking like happening and then a goal out of absolutely nothing. There's a helluva value in someone that can do that.

Who has been better in last 20 years at scoring goals out of nothing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He could be the difference between O-O and O-1 at a place like Dumbarton or COwdenbeath this season. A tight game where nothing is looking like happening and then a goal out of absolutely nothing. There's a helluva value in someone that can do that.

Who has been better in last 20 years at scoring goals out of nothing.

You tell em Spency. Get em telt

BRAVEHEART1874

Hearts are in a rudimentary stage just now we need more experienced pros but can't for the life of me think who we could add ;)

Only muppets wouldn't want Rudi back. There that's you lot told.

But he is not coming back is he!

So why not join the 'muppets' who are focusing and supporting the players who we HAVE signed??

This thread is beginning to read like a Take That fan site on the night Robbie left.

Get over it!

Archived