GK- Alexander, Hamilton

RB- Paterson, McGhee, Gordon (I think can play full back), L. Smith

CB- Wilson, McGhee, McKay, Ozturk, Gordon

LB- McHattie, Beith, Wilson

RW/M- Paterson, King, Smith, Walker, Nicholson

CM- Holt, Beith, Robinson, El Hassnaoui

LW/M- King, Smith, Nicholson, Walker

ST- El Hassnaoui, Keatings, Carrick, Oliver, Ozturk, Buchannan

Missing Gomis, who could probably cover across the midfield if required.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's lot of chat about needing another striker but surely what we need will depend largely on what formation we play. If as I think seems likely we play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or something similar we will play with only 1 single striker. With Carrick, Keatings and El Hassnaoui I think we'll be well covered. I'd quite like us to keep the squad fairly lean and promote from within when necessary rather than have a lot of unhappy players who think they should get more game time. Having said that, I'm loving the signings and all the build up to them, including all the rumours.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Someone to give Holt a run for his money, a goal scoring midfielder. That's what we need, the next Cameron or dare I say Skacel. How successful have Hearts been with that scoring power from midfield.

OK so who's next then (this is brilliant).

Mon the ITK,ers. What's the goss?

heartsfc_fan

OK so who's next then (this is brilliant).

Mon the ITK,ers. What's the goss?

Striker

Howdy Doody Jambo

We could do with a bid more experience up top maybe the Sandy Clark type ,just for plan B , C or D

There's lot of chat about needing another striker but surely what we need will depend largely on what formation we play. If as I think seems likely we play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or something similar we will play with only 1 single striker. With Carrick, Keatings and El Hassnaoui I think we'll be well covered. I'd quite like us to keep the squad fairly lean and promote from within when necessary rather than have a lot of unhappy players who think they should get more game time. Having said that, I'm loving the signings and all the build up to them, including all the rumours.

:spoton:agree with keeping the youngsters involved and giving them a chance team for future controlled by the fans quality

jamtartan74

What's McFadden up to now has he got a club? Not sure if he would be any use nowadays but just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

letsalldothebeattie

Have we know got enough strikers.

We need at least another keeper & centre midfielder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centre midfield seems to me , like to others, an area we'd need another player for.

I'm still concerned about a little bit depth to the squad although I know a big part of our strategy is to develop players from the academy and of course what budget we are working with.

Haasanoui is being touted as an attacking mid and forward so there is versatility there and we have a bit versatility at the back too.

A tight knit squad helps unity and competition for places but another midfielder with a more combative style plus a goalie seems a priority.

A midfielder? Left footed perhaps? Whatever you do, dont mention the "R" word on this thread!!!

We've only added one more player from last seasons squad.

Alexander in for Jamie Mac

Alim in for McGowan

Gomis in for Hamill

Soufian in for Stevo

Keatings the only addition to the squad.

Another 2 foreigners apparently. No idea of names but just been told were in talks with another 2 foreigners.

marshallschunkychicken

We've only added one more player from last seasons squad.

Alexander in for Jamie Mac

Alim in for McGowan

Gomis in for Hamill

Soufian in for Stevo

Keatings the only addition to the squad.

Calum Tapping left as well.

Another 2 foreigners apparently. No idea of names but just been told were in talks with another 2 foreigners.

Lou Gramm and Mick Jones.

Anything on Currie?

Jambo 4 Ever

Are foreigners really the way to go? Surely better having a strong Scottish core

Are foreigners really the way to go? Surely better having a strong Scottish core

Why?

If they are better than what we have then yes.

As I'm not a parochial, jingoistic flap, I'd say that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Surely we just want the best players, regardless of their nationality?

Or do we want "guid onest scottish laddies"?

heartsfc_fan

Really, any idea who?

Apparently.

Dutch I've been told.

fabienleclerq

Off the top of my head,

Alexander

Paterson

Mchattie

Wilson

McKay

McGhee

Holt

Robinson

Walker

King

Keatings

Carrick

Nicholson

That's a good core of Scottish boys right there. Some of the foreign players Hearts have had have been superb, I do like the idea of having a team mainly from the academy though.

rossthejambo

Worked well for us last season...

Seriously we're not going to be having this sort of chat again, are we?

doesn't matter where they come from as long as they can do the business,if your good enough you play

Seriously though, it doesn't matter if they're Scottish or Somalian.

If CL and RN think they're good enough, that's all the matters.

Apparently.

Dutch I've been told.

I have heard the same a dutch guy meant to be coming in, third hand mind you and no idea of name etc.

We have enough Scottish players.

I now want all our future signings to be foreigners, just to add a different style and character to our squad.

A squad needs different cultures, and it looks like CL and RN agree.

I'm buzzing for the new season.

:)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sounds good. Probably getting better value for money with the foreigners. Even if we get 2 foreigners in we've got a good balance. Mostly Scottish players, with a handful of foreign players. Exciting! If we can unearth some gems we could make the Championship very interesting.

chester copperpot

Bobby Sands?

Had a hunger for goals. :curtain:

Na he's deid! ;)

Foreigners don't come with the baggage of growing up wanting to play for or be intimidated by the old firm.

Foreigners don't come with the baggage of growing up wanting to play for or be intimidated by the old firm.

Until the OF start waving money in their direction then, they go full Nacho Novo

Prince Buaben

Thats not what the Papers tell me.. :ninja:

Victor Wanyama grew up depserate to play for celtic and took his number from his idols the Lisbon Lions :whistling:

Really? 15 Scottish Players not a enough of a core?

Archived