Time to bring back skacel

bathgatejt

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
douglas1874

Hope we get sir rudi hammer of the hibs

rudi has been told by leveln and neilson he is not wanted at tynecastle next season,so stop getting your hopes up

rudi has been told by leveln and neilson he is not wanted at tynecastle next season,so stop getting your hopes up

If that is correct, I will open a Hideous Decisions file and that will be it's first entry.

Would hope it doesn't grow too long but if they are capable of making a decision that bad, who knows what else they are capable of.

Can only hope that Ann Budge steps in to sort them out.

If that is correct, I will open a Hideous Decisions file and that will be it's first entry.

Would hope it doesn't grow too long but if they are capable of making a decision that bad, who knows what else they are capable of.

I would hope Ann makes the right decision. As a business woman surely she sees the commercial sense in doing so.

Huge mistake by Levein and Neilson if they don't think he is up to it.

douglas1874

it is 100 per cent correct

Jambos_1874

Levein has proven already that emotion will not get in the way of how the club is going to be run going forward - he proved that with allowing Locke and Mcdonald to leave. That is probably the correct way to go about things but I think Skacel would be a genuinely good addition to the squad, not just from a footballing perspective but from a commercial perspective too.

Captain Canada

I'm pretty sure it won't happen. If we end up signing Gary Kenneth and not Skacel, I will be proper seething!

Frank Sidebottom

How about we just let CL and RN decide who should play for the club. There should be no room for sentimentality.

How about we just let CL and RN decide who should play for the club. There should be no room for sentimentality.

I'll drink to that.

gowestjambo

Signing Rudi is quite simply a no brainer, and should be our first announced signing. This should be a business decision and nothing to do with sentimentality!

innerjambo

There's only room for 1 big ego at Tynecastle now, and that's going to be Craig Levein.

As decided by Craig Levein!

Signing Rudi is quite simply a no brainer, and should be our first announced signing. This should be a business decision and nothing to do with sentimentality!

yes if J.Scotland can still play Rudi can

If we don't sign Rudi on a lifetime contract with a guranteed 45mins of football every match, fit or not. I'm cancelling my DD.

luckyBatistuta

He was wanted...just not in a playing role...100% not happening.

He was wanted...just not in a playing role...100% not happening.

well if thats a fact its crazy

I'm all for giving Neilson\Levein a chance to put their own mark on the club... however a blind man could surely see the benefits in giving Rudi a contract? Unless we're going to shell out of someone who is significantly better? But how likely is that?

Lets weigh up the pros and cons for a sec...

Cons:

He's older, possibly slower than before

Lack of competitive football recently

Fans expectations could be too high

Could limit opportunities for the youngsters

Pros:

Probably wouldn't cost alot

Fans favourite

PR coup

Possible additional revenue from shirt sales and increased attendances

Would probably score lots of goals against weak opposition

Loves the club

Will play for the jersey 100%

A great option to have from the bench

Surely he is worth a punt ffs?? :huh:

luckyBatistuta

well if thats a fact its crazy

I want him back too bud but it isn't happening...just got to get behind L & N and hope they know better.

Bungalow Bill

Rudi would score double figures in the championship, I have no doubt.

If he's willing to sign for a low wage then CL is off his head for refusing him.

In the last 40 years or so we have had 2 X factor players and we are lucky because most clubs have had none. These players are Willie Hamilton and Rudi. We've had plenty of other good players, very good players and a few great ones but only two with the X factor.

If Rudi doesn't come back because the current management don't want him, the sooner the current management are gone the better.

That is my honest opinion.

john brownlee

next you will be wanting the owner to pick the team.. Now where have I heard that before

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

next you will be wanting the owner to pick the team.. Now where have I heard that before

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If she erred in picking dense coaches then yes,

douglas1874

In the last 40 years or so we have had 2 X factor players and we are lucky because most clubs have had none. These players are Willie Hamilton and Rudi. We've had plenty of other good players, very good players and a few great ones but only two with the X factor.

If Rudi doesn't come back because the current management don't want him, the sooner the current management are gone the better.

That is my honest opinion.

well said,willie hamilton is the best player I have seen in a maroon jersey

Not signing Rudi Skacel will be a disaster. He's been training with the squad for months, and has been effectively waiting for us to come out of admin, as have the fans. We want it, he wants it. If Craig Levein can't see that signing him would be a good move, even if it's just for the experience the young players would get from him, then he's really not thinking things through properly.

Get him signed. Give him the 51 shirt. Print another batch of Skacel shirts like we had a few seasons ago. The club would make thousands just from him.

Come on. Make it happen :thumbsup:

scott_jambo

Anne Budge should go over CL and RN's head and bring him in.

One thing we've learnt from Romanov is that it is quite funny when the chairman wields some executive power once in a while. Just tell CL and RN, "listen, it's my money and I'm the f boss and you are my employees so deal with it".

So we have a player who would guarentee goals offering himself on a plate and Levein and neilson say no? If true they're a pair of ******* idiots

Hackney Hearts

Oh dear. This was a shot to nothing for Levein. Nobody was going to blame him for signing Rudi - and if it didn't work out, well so what - the supporters almost unanimously wanted to give it a try.

Now, however - Levein will have an awful lot of people more wary of him, or worse. Is that a good way to start? Make life difficult for yourself? Totally unnecessary. For many, the decisions of "Budgement Day" were fine, so long as there was an upside to come. Rudi would have been that upside at a stroke, almost irrespective of any other signings.

Whatever his reasons, CL hasn't done himself any favours. Sad.

Source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given his past record, I imagine it was Rudi himself.

I'm gutted if we didn't sign Rudi now, it's a no brainer.

Given he seems to be doing a great job at the coaching course with the youngest at the very least Id love to see him back working with the youth.

However he may not see that as a role he wants just yet. I imagine he wants to get a few more years out his playing career.

Not signing Rudi Skacel will be a disaster. He's been training with the squad for months, and has been effectively waiting for us to come out of admin, as have the fans. We want it, he wants it. If Craig Levein can't see that signing him would be a good move, even if it's just for the experience the young players would get from him, then he's really not thinking things through properly.

Get him signed. Give him the 51 shirt. Print another batch of Skacel shirts like we had a few seasons ago. The club would make thousands just from him.

Come on. Make it happen :thumbsup:

I'd like to see him back. If it doesn't happen though, in no way will it be a "disaster"

So we have a player who would guarentee goals offering himself on a plate and Levein and neilson say no? If true they're a pair of ******* idiots

35 and has only scored 1 goal in the past two seasons since leaving Hearts.

Hardly guaranteed.

Jambof3tornado

Hardly guaranteed.

this. As much as I'd love him to sign. I cant see why its not worth giving him a 1 year contract though.

Would love to hear directly from CL or RN about why Rudi will or wont be joining us.

Hackney Hearts

Now, however - Levein will have an awful lot of people more wary of him, or worse.

If true they're a pair of ******* idiots

See?

scott_jambo

Hardly guaranteed.

Of course it is guaranteed. His left foot could open it's own bank account.

Silly post.

douglas1874

Source

i

Source

don't worry who my source is,it is 100 per cent fact,why not ask levein,neilson or leveins coffee maker john murray to confirm it

idon't worry who my source is,it is 100 per cent fact,why not ask levein,neilson or leveins coffee maker john murray to confirm it

So basically ur assuming

douglas1874

So basically ur assuming

no,it is fact

Hackney Hearts

Exactly! That's how loyal he is!

(Look at his goal-scoring record for Hearts compared to for other teams, throughout his career.)

no,it is fact

Unless you can provide factual evidence then it's not really is it. My out just another guy with an Opinion who expects everyone to believe something u have heard from uncle bobs, cousins cat, fathers sister

Rocky jamboa

I thought it seemed a formality he'd sign. A poor decision if he doesn't, in a business and footballing sense. Will be surprised if he doesn't sign!

Hackney Hearts

Would love to hear directly from CL or RN about why Rudi will or wont be joining us.

Yes - a new era of openness, is it not?

Hardly guaranteed.

Grossly unfair given that it is 1 goal in not even 19 FULL appearances

He would definitely score in the championship. He is obviously keeping himself fit and with a bit training has a season or two in him at least.

DougieHMFC

Unless you can provide factual evidence then it's not really is it. My out just another guy with an Opinion who expects everyone to believe something u have heard from uncle bobs, cousins cat, fathers sister

He's 100% correct

vegas-voss

Stick Rudi in just behind the striker tell him just to float about and bam at least 10 screamers next season.

Archived