Time to bring back skacel

bathgatejt

How do you know Rudi Skacel would be doing it for minimum wage?

Who are these fans who will only get a season ticket if Rudi Skacel signs?

Your first point, Do you know who Rudi is, Have you heard of him before now? He offered to play for free already just to help us out.

Second point, Are you of the belief that the players we sign don't influence ticket sales? Trust me it does.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buffalo Bill

I'd love for him to sign and believe that he could still bang in the goals. Furthermore, his fitness was reported to have been very good at Riccarton recently and his year off might have allowed him to re-charge the batteries and get going again. However...it's up to the management team to decide. I back their decision either way.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Do folk genuinely believe we'd sell an extra 1000 tickets if we signed Skacel?

How do you know Rudi Skacel would be doing it for minimum wage?

Alot of kids,he is alot of kids heros,do you see kids rushing to games to see mchattie or Nicholson etc

I assume they bought Southampton season tickets, when he played form them.

jamboinglasgow

Your first point, Do you know who Rudi is, Have you heard of him before now? He offered to play for free already just to help us out.

Second point, Are you of the belief that the players we sign don't influence ticket sales? Trust me it does.

While we were in adminstration he offered that, now we have money will he do the same? I think his agents will be out to get the best deal for him.

Yes players can have an influence, but your talking about 1,000 season tickets. 100 I could agree with you but 1,000 people who think "I cant be arsed getting a season ticket for Hearts this season, wait Rudi Skacel has signed then put my name down."

I think people are thinking too much with their heart (pun not intended) when people in charge have to think with their head. Of course I would love him at the club but its not the end of the world if he doesn't join.

debtfreejambo51

Rudi will put extra bring extra cash for the club and score goals guaranteed !!!!!!!

What other player do we have lined up who will score around 20 goals in the championship ?

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Heroes come and go but Rudi is a bonafide legend who is still capable of playing (i assume). If he's keen, it doesn't cost much and he'd fit into the squad it's a total no brainer.

Rudi will put extra bring extra cash for the club and score goals guaranteed !!!!!!!

What other player do we have lined up who will score around 20 goals in the championship ?

Hopefully 2-3 of them that we have no idea about. :lol:

Hackney Hearts

Grown men getting all Leeds United because we won't sign their favourite player.

And that surprises you? On a fans' forum?

"Feel good factor" and "merchandise revenue" don't win promotion.
Not in itself - helps the forward momentum of the club though.

Signing the players that the coach needs to implement his own style and tactics does.
Yes - I take encouragement from the fact that CL and RN feel confident enough that they can afford to pass up on someone of Rudi's talent.

Rudi doesn't appear to be one of those players. Deal with it.

People are dealing with it - by having a moan on a forum. Seems fair enough.

Jambof3tornado

rudi wont score 20 in the championship. Some people dreaming aboutith the comments.

Hackney Hearts

rudi wont score 20 in the championship.

Not now he won't!

None of us can know what might have happened - but he averaged just short of that in the top league...

letsalldothebeattie

I doubt Rudi will be back. Robbie has clear targets in mind. I'm sure if Rudi was coming back it would be all over the papers like last season when Locke tried. As much as I hate to say it as I love the man it's time we move on and focus on other targets and look forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamboinglasgow

Not now he won't!

None of us can know what might have happened - but he averaged just short of that in the top league...

In just short it should read just over half of that amount. Two years ago.

Ivan Drago

I think we should re-sign Robbo and Colin Cameron. I won't be at Tynie next season if we don't.

It saddens me that we can't find some use for a player that can score goals, help the younger players, change a game when we need it, keep the family feel amongst the fans, act as an impeccable ambassador, inspire kids and generally help keep the bibs and cones tidy.

Sad day.

It is unfair to suggest he can't do a job simply because of his age, It is his lack of football for so long that has to be the considered factor.

Jason Scotland isn't exactly a spring chicken but in my opinion he was the difference between the teams over the 2 legs. First leg Hamilton didn't have him and lost 2-0. Second leg they did have him and won 2-0 with him scoring and setting up one. He wasn't even fully fit.

That could well be the difference in our team with and without someone like Rudi.

I hope that we find a player of 23-25 who turns out to be the next Rudi. That would be even better. So good luck to RN and CL this summer, These signings could make or break us.

The Real Maroonblood

It saddens me that we can't find some use for a player that can score goals, help the younger players, change a game when we need it, keep the family feel amongst the fans, act as an impeccable ambassador, inspire kids and generally help keep the bibs and cones tidy.

Sad day.

It is indeed sad.

We are doomed.

Hackney Hearts

In just short it should read just over half of that amount. Two years ago.

What?

17 in his first season - that's not 'just over half of 20'.

18 in his return full season - that isn't anywhere near half of 20 either.

In his part season when he returned he scored 13 from 27 starts.

As for "two years ago' - I suppose that's the bit everyone's debating. But he's not old by today's standards and it's not like he's been out through serious injury.

jamboinglasgow

What?

17 in his first season - that's not 'just over half of 20'.

18 in his return full season - that isn't anywhere near half of 20 either.

In his part season when he returned he scored 13 from 27 starts.

As for "two years ago' - I suppose that's the bit everyone's debating. But he's not old by today's standards and it's not like he's been out through serious injury.

realised we were both counting different numbers of goals, when people said 20 goals in the championship, I was counting league goals he scored in previous two season. Your counting goals in all competitons.

Bare in mind he has not played a single competitive game in over a year.

Could Skacel almost gaurantee us 15 goals next season.....yes

Will we find someone else who can.....no

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Could Skacel almost gaurantee us q5 goals next season.....yes

Will we find someone else who can.... unlikely

I think we will definitely have a player who scores 15 or more next season.

Jambo 4 Ever

from what I've heard (by someone that knows him very well) Rudi had a meeting with the club last Saturday then has flown out to his homeland for a few weeks to visit family then he'll be back in Edinburgh.

And Stevenson is still at Hearts and still paying his wages more to come with that. Some people have been too quick to judge him but to be honest i'd be pissed off in his situation.

He was offered wage cut due to Admin but promised his full wage again once out of Admin. Out we came of Admin and he was told his wages wouldn't be getting put back to normal.

So as far as i'm led to believe he like the rest of the players are on holiday just now but should have something resolved before pre-season.

In your opinion, from what you know, do you think Rudi will be at Hearts next season?

Hackney Hearts

realised we were both counting different numbers of goals, when people said 20 goals in the championship, I was counting league goals he scored in previous two season. Your counting goals in all competitons.

I see. Even so - just counting LEAGUE goals, in his last two seasons he scored 25 league goals from 46 starts.

scott_jambo

As I said before I think Skacel could score at least 300 goals in this piss poor league.

Hackney Hearts

As I said before I think Skacel could score at least 300 goals in this piss poor league.

Per game.

If you look at it the other way round, what possible harm could signing him do?

If t is found that he is past it, and I very much doubt that, he most certainly won't become the first duff player we've had on the books.

Just when things are going so well I can't comprehend that we may be going cartwheeling into a self-imposed PR disaster.

If we are going to sign Rudi, then I personally would announce it the day before STs go on sale.

People saying we shouldnt sign rudi,but saying kevin thomson would be good for us,am done!!

After The Watershed

Seriously, some of the reaction on here is embarrassing. He will always be a legend. New heroes will be found soon enough.

Hackney Hearts

If you look at it the other way round, what possible harm could signing him do?

If t is found that he is past it, and I very much doubt that, he most certainly won't become the first duff player we've had on the books.

Just when things are going so well I can't comprehend that we may be going cartwheeling into a self-imposed PR disaster.

Exactly.

Unless he simply wants too much money, in which case the club can say so and I would have no problem with that.

Hackney Hearts

Seriously, some of the reaction on here is embarrassing. He will always be a legend. New heroes will be found soon enough.

That's true enough, new heroes will be found - but there is a difference between heroes and legends. Legends are not ten a penny, and here we have one hanging around, keen to play for us. Why is the reaction 'embarrassing'? Are people not allowed to discuss the new regime's thinking? No-one's cancelling direct debits over it - it's just a debate on a forum. About a legend.

debtfreejambo51

If he never scored again it wouldnt be the end of the world but to miss the chance of playing hibs with51 on his back....

After The Watershed

In the last 40 years or so we have had 2 X factor players and we are lucky because most clubs have had none. These players are Willie Hamilton and Rudi. We've had plenty of other good players, very good players and a few great ones but only two with the X factor.

If Rudi doesn't come back because the current management don't want him, the sooner the current management are gone the better.

That is my honest opinion.

Not embarrassing? Wanting the management team gone before we've signed anyone or kicked a ball because they don't want Rudi?

Hackney Hearts

Not embarrassing? Wanting the management team gone before we've signed anyone or kicked a ball because they don't want Rudi?

Ok, that one was a little OTT!

But this is the problem.

I'm pro-Levein, I'm pro-Neilson - very happy with those appointments and desperate for them to do well. Which is why it frustrates me that they'd risk alienating people so soon?. It just seems they have so little to lose and potentially an awful lot to gain by signing RS (unless it's purely a financial issue). I'll back them whatever, I'm just curious what their reasons are... age/long lay-off/team set-up/personality clash..?

If nothing else, keep him at riccarton as long as we can to show the young ones how to hit a ball. I have never seen a player at hearts in my 30 years who can do it so accurately, so powerfully and so often

Exactly.

Unless he simply wants too much money, in which case the club can say so and I would have no problem with that.

Sam here Hackney. If we can't agree a contract then that is that. But for the new management just to say they are not interested, unacceptable and so unnecessary.

I'm far to mature to chuck my toys out of the cot over this. Will continue my DD an will continue to support Hearts with passion but I will be looking at the new management is a very jaundiced and prejudicial light.

Anyway, on balance from posts on here, I am fully satisfied that he is enjoying a holiday and will be doing press ups at Riccarton in July.

Guest GhostHunter

Deary me.

Must try harder.

How much more confident would you be playing the hun at ibrox with rudi in your team? The guy is a winner.

The Real Maroonblood

Sam here Hackney. If we can't agree a contract then that is that. But for the new management just to say they are not interested, unacceptable and so unnecessary.

I'm far to mature to chuck my toys out of the cot over this. Will continue my DD an will continue to support Hearts with passion but I will be looking at the new management is a very jaundiced and prejudicial light.

Anyway, on balance from posts on here, I am fully satisfied that he is enjoying a holiday and will be doing press ups at Riccarton in July.

If we don't sign him will you stop attending the games?

Nelly Terraces

We've got 2 folk on here saying exactly the opposite thing, one that Rudi isn't coming back and one saying he is.

Confused.com.

I'd sign him. I don't think he'd be hard to deal with and I think he'd be an asset.

However if Levein/Neilson don't want to sign him, I trust them. I don't have their experience, I don't know their targets and I don't know their budgets.

Let them run the team their way.

We've got 2 folk on here saying exactly the opposite thing, one that Rudi isn't coming back and one saying he is.

Confused.com.

He isn't

Nelly Terraces

He isn't

Actually, I don't think he is either. And I'm really not that fussed, even though I love the bloke, but life moves on, time for new heroes.

Maybe the budget is tighter than we think? Assuming that's a real factor.

Otherwise I'm very interested to see what CL and RNs targets are... A keeper to rival macdonalds quality and a match winner like rudi. Dunno where they will be getting that from on a budget but these targets must be pretty ducking special!

john brownlee

Leavin's ego here . He won't want some body he thinks is a bigger draw than him. So I would be surprised if we sign Rudi even if Robbie has the signing rights Leavin will veto it as said on other posts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest GhostHunter

Leavin's ego here . He won't want some body he thinks is a bigger draw than him. So I would be surprised if we sign Rudi even if Robbie has the signing rights Leavin will veto it as said on other posts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, but that's absolute pish.

Sorry...

Archived