Time to bring back skacel

bathgatejt

So has Rudi signed yet?

:ninja:

Told by my source that plans are afoot to relocate the club to LA.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's fantastic the vision Levein has for the club, and if he can pull it off it will be absolutely incredible for us as a club. I've always looked to the dutch set up as something other nations should try to replicate and as you say it's all about getting them understanding and playing decent football from the youngest age possible. These clubs have the youngsters not necessarily training ''hard'' but training properly instead of the training kids get today in Scotland.

However, i think Skacel has far more to offer to the club than an u10 coach. There's fantastic youth coaches out there who could fulfil that role perfectly, could we not look to places like the netherlands or germany for up and coming young coaches instead of offering Skacel a role for the sake of him being Skacel?

I think Skacel deserves at least a player/coach role in the first team but if Levein doesn't think he merits that, then that's fine. Just don't offer him a sympathy role to appease the fans.

I think Skacel could offer a lot more to our current crop of players (first team) than our youngest age group. Is it 10? I just plucked that age out the sky. But again, what do i know i'm just a dafty on a message board :laugh:

I think the role being offered by Craig Levein to Rudi should be thought of as probably just about as important (if not more so for the long term) as the job of first team coach.

He was trusting him with the development of kids from the youngest ages, wanting him to pass on the them his knowledge and talents.

It appears to be something Rudi already does and enjoys, but maybe he thinks he's got another season or two in him, only time will tell if he gets offered a playing contract anywhere else.

Best of luck to him whatever happens.

That many folk see him and he's that open about it that folk hear lots of different things.

Fwiw my dad was speaking to someone close to the management team at hearts and was told rudi was offered a coaching role (whether it was the younger team i dont know) but he felt he wanted another crack at playing.

Pretty sure craig gordon said the same sort of thing, felt he was too young to be coaching.

Not doubting you made, would love skacel to take up a coaching role with us as I feel the knowledge and technique he could pass on could be invaluable.

My mate said to him that he thought he'd been offered a coaching role but Rudi said he was offered nothing.

Guest C00l K1d

Not doubting you made, would love skacel to take up a coaching role with us as I feel the knowledge and technique he could pass on could be invaluable.

My mate said to him that he thought he'd been offered a coaching role but Rudi said he was offered nothing.

Defo.

Just going to wait and see what happens, too many stories flying around to take any as 100% truth.

For example on facebook some guy has said he took Rudi to the airport and he was starting a new life in LA. Then folk were coming back and saying he had said he was just going on holiday :laugh:

Maybe rudi is trolling us all :D

wright1989

Rudi is away. Picture with him and the taxi driver that took him to the airport.

Alan Johnson

Imagine being 34/35 and having lived and worked in Prague, Marseille, Edinburgh, Berlin, Athens and LA, and won two Scottish Cups along the way. :wow:

I miss him already :sob:

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Geoff Kilpatrick

Told by my source that plans are afoot to relocate the club to LA.

14 hour direct flight for me.

:pleasing:

Jim Cosworth

I took rudi to the airport this morning..he is going for an extended holiday..if nothing comes up he back to Prague to try coaching,,,his girlfriend used to work in L,A...he was absolutely. Gutted this morning..I pick him up on a few occasions. And he usually. Quite cheery..it was a hard fare taking my hero to airport..great guy..

I took rudi to the airport this morning..he is going for an extended holiday..if nothing comes up he back to Prague to try coaching,,,his girlfriend used to work in L,A...he was absolutely. Gutted this morning..I pick him up on a few occasions. And he usually. Quite cheery..it was a hard fare taking my hero to airport..great guy..

some of us are gutted as well especially when you read someone like "Jason Scotland has agreed terms on a new deal with Hamilton Academical, as they prepare for a return to Scotland's top flight". aged 35

I trust leveins judgement and if for the sake of rudis wage we bring in one maybe two players that fit in with what he's trying to do long term then if we take the blinkers off it may be worth it

Gutted though as I bloody loved that man

He is going to Prague to try coaching? Why not take up our offer of coaching then?

He is going to Prague to try coaching? Why not take up our offer of coaching then?

What offer?

that was just another rumour wasn't it

He's a lad that Rudi. Was in Edinburgh to successfully finalise his contract negotiations with Hearts. Now off to resort in Benidorm for a nice wee break. The venue ws recommended to him by some Hibby pals who have just been there.

Told by AB not spoil the big announcent which is being made at 1.05 pm on the 19th.

jamboinglasgow

I suppose it is all down to interpretation THK. You class it as a kick in the teeth, I would have looked on such an appointment as just the sort of person I'd have loved the young kids coming into HMFC to be getting the opportunity to work with and learn from. I believe that in addition to work he has been doing with Coerver Coaching Rudi was also offering some additional coaching to kids recently, and every comment I have read has been very positive. In terms of what has been said about not only building a team but a coaching structure starting off with the youngest age groups could very well have been the first step on the ladder to Head Coach.

I, for one, probably didn't appreciate what the correct coaching can mean to youngsters. I was sitting watching the Scotland U21's play Netherlands U21's and was looking on-line at the stats for the Dutch players. They had various youngster playing who were light years ahead of our players, some have already moved clubs for multi million pound deals and they brought on a substitute late on who I think, from memory, is with Benfica (certainly a Portuguese club) and his contract has a buy out/sell on clause of ?37 million.

We are not going to become some wonder club overnight, but are trying to put in place the correct framework for the future, and Rudi was seen as playing a part in that. In a way I would like to hope that a coaching role is still there for him in 12 months time once retired, but only time will tell.

Another great post.

Completely agree with this. From what has gone already, it does feel like Levein's view with coaches is look at the quality not just in under 20 coaches and above, but also in the other age groups. I do wonder if they are going to look into have full time coaches below under 17, maybe no more then 2 or 3, but allow them to concentrate on improving youngsters and developing. I am not 100% sure what the academy coaches get, but it cant be much more than expenses and some part time pay. If you want the best out of the youngsters you need to employ the best coaches you can and give them the best environment to develop and coach. And the young years need to be treated with as much importance as the later years. Was listening to an interview with Ian Cathro and he spoke about the early years (6-10 years old) is where technique is most crucial to work on as the way a child develops in growth those are the formulative years. So we need to work hard on this and get technique become key each stage.

I have wondered if Hearts need to really work hard on the younger years of Lothian and Fife. In that your always going to be limited by your talent pool in your area. If you work hard with local boys clubs, soccer schools to get children (so under 10s) getting playing and coaching which works on their skill then you widen the pool of talent which you can recruit. I know Big Hearts already do training for youth coaches which makes a difference but it needs to be wider.

I would love to sit down and talk to Craig Levein about the plans for Hearts, think it could be a long chat but a fascinating one. Plans that require patience but if they can be achieved could bring such potential to Hearts.

I would love to sit down and talk to Craig Levein about the plans for Hearts, think it could be a long chat but a fascinating one. Plans that require patience but if they can be achieved could bring such potential to Hearts.

I nominate you to contact the club and arrange an interview with Craig for Kickback.

:)

I ******* love Rudi, have half a dozen signed prints and strips of him in the house which are my pride and joy but I think it's now time to move on without the man, **** that's so hard to say. He'll never ever be forgot but we need to find a new hero now. If he agrees to stay and coach the youngsters then brilliant but no matter what happens let's just remember him as he was, in my case the finest player ever to pull on the famous Maroon and White.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285030-Rudi/page2

Couple of fuds pretending that they wished we had signed him.

Apparently anyone else we sign will be an improvement :rofl:

Read that earlier. Risible attempt at pretending he doesn't haunt haunt their night terrors. They guy has broken more Hibernian supporters' hearts than Rod Petrie... just.

Do they seriously call him Rat Boy?

Do they just try and copy everything that Hearts do, but to a ridiculously poor standard?

Riordan looks like a ******* rodent, hence the name Rat Boy ffs... :vrface:

Absolute idiots on that forum, every single ******* one of them.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Do they just try and copy everything that Hearts do, but to a ridiculously poor standard?

Nope. Just one poster over there calls him that... it never caught on.

Also, it's not just that Ratboy looks like a rat, he is vermin and acts like it too.

You were correct about them copying every single thing we do though... sad but true. We should probably just take it as a backhanded compliment though.

Nope. Just one poster over there calls him that... it never caught on.

Also, it's not just that Ratboy looks like a rat, he is vermin and acts like it too.

You were correct about them copying every single thing we do though... sad but true. We should probably just take it as a backhanded compliment though.

Songs, sit-ins, player's nicknames - we can't even get ******* relegated in peace without those twats copying us.

Saw a thread on there the other day where they tried to call us "vermin".

If it wasn't for getting hilariously shagged in nearly every derby since On the Buses was a TV staple, I'd think they longed to be us.

ANDREWKIDD1874

I actually think skacel has signed but ass queen ann said can't say to much publicly due to the public offer . Rudi just on holiday if he wasn't signing it would be on his twitter page

wright1989

Rudi deserves a year or two in LA. I hope he finds a club to line his pockets then comes back here to teach our young lads to fire in the goals, enjoy the weather Sir Skacel.

I actually think skacel has signed but ass queen ann said can't say to much publicly due to the public offer . Rudi just on holiday if he wasn't signing it would be on his twitter page

Absolutely correct.

So from 96-99 Claudio Cannigia didn't play much football and only made sporadic appearances (due to suicide of his mother and partly his outspoken wife)

Yet he went on to play in Scotland and even rangers spun king ?1m on him at 34 years old didn't turn out to bad!!

The rudi naysayers can GTF

I'll accept CL and RN decision as I believe CL in particular is perfect for the long term benefit of the club. However it's an error to miss out on rudi.

Point being this tall of 'has he still got it' when we are in the championship is laughable and frankly insulting to the guy. He would win points on his own.

Tommy Brown

I actually think skacel has signed but as queen ann said can't say to much publicly due to the public offer . Rudi just on holiday if he wasn't signing it would be on his twitter page

Here's hoping, I also have this thought about Jamie Mac. I have reasons to suspect this.

Archived