Time to bring back skacel

bathgatejt

Those arguing against Stevo now using the exact same arguments in favour of Rudi.

:jjyay:

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but that's absolute pish.

Sorry...

Nothing to apologise for, more pish in that post than you'd find at your average sewage works

Buffalo Bill

I'd sign him. I don't think he'd be hard to deal with and I think he'd be an asset.

However if Levein/Neilson don't want to sign him, I trust them. I don't have their experience, I don't know their targets and I don't know their budgets.

Let them run the team their way.

This.

Bob Loblaw

We've got 2 folk on here saying exactly the opposite thing, one that Rudi isn't coming back and one saying he is.

Confused.com.

I'd trust the one that's been right about Rudi every time and is now saying he isn't coming back.

How much more confident would you be playing the hun at ibrox with rudi in your team? The guy is a winner.

How bad would it be if they signed him!!!!!

I can see that happening.

Alva-Jambo

Sally has history of signing our people. Rudi would be gutting. He'd even sign our best and not play them to stuff usl.

Sally has history of signing our people. Rudi would be gutting. He'd even sign our best and not play them to stuff usl.

They would be one up before the season even kicked off.

We would be almost forced to hate one of our legends!!!!!

If RS isn't coming back - where else could we get experience to blend in with the young lads for next term? Obviously there are other experienced players out there. Rudi would bring the feel-good factor \ possible coaching benefits \ isn't gonna be a negative persona in the dressing room \ hopefully no ego etc. But can anyone suggest OTHER experienced players that would offer no more risk than a punt on Rudi?

EDIT: no point suggesting folk that won't realistically come to Tynecastle, so think of fees and wages etc. I'm struggling to think of many.

He'd always be a good addition to the squad as said before he could help with the developement with youngsters and always seems to give it his all. Would never say no to getting him back but got to be reallistic now as it's dragged on about him coming back and I'm not sure it's gonna happen. He's not played in a while and I personally think could be a risk if he was relied uppon week in week out as the championship seems a bit more physical and demanding. I think hearts need to keep doing what they are good at with the developement of the youngsters. End of the day it all comes down to money. If they do offer him a contract then we will obviously be delighted!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Bring back Vlad! This sensible running of a club is crap!

::troll:::'>

WeeToonJambo

I may well have imagined this, but was it not said that Hearts did want Rudi, but as a coach and not a player. Rudi wants to keep playing so wouldn't agree to that. Maybe while he's on holiday he'll have a rethink and decide that coaching is the best way forward for him. You never know, if things turn out right, he could be registered as a player as well, same as Alan Combe was. I don't think it's any coincidence that our upturn in form in the latter part of the season coincided with Rudi helping out at Riccarton.

As I said, I may well have imagined this and am quite prepared to be corrected.

innerjambo

Big bad Levein must be obeyed, all the attention must be on CL. Lets not sign Skacel, lets sign Gary Kenneth and

play 10 across the back. It's the new attacking way of playing hoofball don't ya know!! :2thumbsup:

scott_jambo

I may well have imagined this, but was it not said that Hearts did want Rudi, but as a coach and not a player. Rudi wants to keep playing so wouldn't agree to that. Maybe while he's on holiday he'll have a rethink and decide that coaching is the best way forward for him. You never know, if things turn out right, he could be registered as a player as well, same as Alan Combe was. I don't think it's any coincidence that our upturn in form in the latter part of the season coincided with Rudi helping out at Riccarton.

You imagined it.

scott_jambo

Those arguing against Stevo now using the exact same arguments in favour of Rudi.

:jjyay:

Stevenson was offered a deal which he is yet to accept. After saying in the press that he will stay at hearts no matter what.

Maybe he should check the terms of employment in his contract before mouthing off in future.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
Big bad Levein must be obeyed, all the attention must be on CL. Lets not sign Skacel, lets sign Gary Kenneth and

play 10 across the back. It's the new attacking way of playing hoofball don't ya know!! :2thumbsup:

Fs

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Geoff Kilpatrick

:cornette:

jamboinglasgow

You imagined it.

No he didn't, from the first page

He was wanted...just not in a playing role...100% not happening.

Clown

scott_jambo

No he didn't, from the first page

I didn't think he meant by someone on kickback. :laugh:

Generic Username

It's worrying that some folk are ready to launch their toys out the pram if we don't re-sign Skacel.

The idea that we are supposedly signing McGregor who has had TWO cruciate ligament injuries in last 3 years but not sign Skacel because he's 35 strikes me as bizarre.

Gene Parmesan

I can't see many drawbacks in signing Skacel on a low wage but I certainly won't be losing my shit if we don't sign him.

Bigger things to concern ourselves with than furious fanboy/girl behaviour.

scott_jambo

Mind when Hibs bought Sauzee and Latapy when they were ancient.

They just strolled about the league like they owned it.

Were only talking about Skacel because

1. Hes ******* awesome and deserves to be signed

2. We don't know who else were getting yet!

Once the season starts we will be talking about hopefully how good we played and how pish rangers are.

I'm desperate for him to come and still hoping there's a twist yet that brings him but If he doesn't then he doesn't I just cant bear the thought of him going to them.

broony1985

In your opinion, from what you know, do you think Rudi will be at Hearts next season?

In my honest opinion, as a supporter yes as a player no.

I think that RN & CL should allowed to bring in young fresh blood without being criticized for not bringing back Rudi! He is a legend, a genius and a Jambo. What if he comes back and he's not what everyone was expecting how quickly will people turn on him?

I do agree that he would boost merchandising but as for bums on seats we should be going every week regardless of whose names on the back of a shirt!

BRAVEHEART1874

If it's just for the sake of a couple of hundred a week then I wish they would tell us maybe not what the FOH is about but I'm sure a few would increase- poll time ;)

:cornette::facepalm:

Generic Username

I can't see many drawbacks in signing Skacel on a low wage but I certainly won't be losing my shit if we don't sign him.

Bigger things to concern ourselves with than furious fanboy/girl behaviour.

WINNER

jack D and coke

I hoped Levein would've dropped his pig headedness after the apple runt he made of the Scotland job only succumbing to reason when it was too late. Something about it reeks of him tbh.

Skacel is a no brainer for a number of reasons but I guess they are in charge and pick their own players.

Back to 2005

Probably a bit early to say but the new regime has slightly disappointed me so far. So far we have appointed Levein which I thought was the correct move, an untried coach who seems to be making all the key decisions, released the only senior players we had and no decision yet on season tickets.

Sorry but a bit underwhelmed.

Lavrentiy Beria

We were close to extinction and already a few are questioning the new regimes views , Lets wait and see what happens before the toys are out the pram ok !

You are certainly correct about the Riccarton bit. 100% correct.

Yet another reason why Hearts must sign Rudi Skacel.

And they will.

Re-signing Rudi is a no-brainer. He will sell season tickets, improve fan morale after all the departures and, most importantly, still had a left foot as good as anyone in the business. The only reason not to sign him is a perception that he is "bigger" than the management team. That is an issue for CL I think.

Anne if your looking in, put your foot down, pull rank on Craig and Robbie and get Rudi in, your the boss.

You know it makes sense financially. Rudi for Hearts, Hearts for Rudi.

jambos are go!

Paul McGowan not being offered a new contract by St Mirren. Cant believe he does not have something lined up. Us? I'd take him.

davemclaren

Paul McGowan not being offered a new contract by St Mirren. Cant believe he does not have something lined up. Us? I'd take him.

Here's me thinking we were relatively skint as well.

jambos are go!

Here's me thinking we were relatively skint as well.

Wont take much to outbid St Mirren methinks. My personal view is that we will have more to spend on wages than were letting on

Said this a couple of weeks ago about Rudi and IMO it's worth repeating again and again:

"In my opinion it would be a massive own-goal if we don't tap into his undoubted talent, charisma and attitude even if it's only for a couple of seasons. The potential rub-off from him being around and playing with our youngsters will be well worth the expenditure. Let's be fair It's not as if he's not a good role-model - he'd be an excellent one for our talented youngsters. No-one I am sure would argue that mixing talented but ordinary players with highly skilled older ones could be anything other than beneficial. We saw that time and again when we had our "superstars" with us in our early Romanov days. I desperately want to see him back with the club he loves that loves him. If it doesn't happen, so be it but I'll be desperately sad about it."

Just remember that team of super youngsters we had, suberbly guided by Jardine, Macdonald, Johnston and others.

My response to those who say 35 is too old.

Anne if your looking in, put your foot down, pull rank on Craig and Robbie and get Rudi in, your the boss.

I thought we were against shenanigans like that from our owner.

The Real Maroonblood

Let Ann interfere just like the owner before her.

What could possibly go wrong.

Ivan Drago

Let Ann interfere just like the owner before her.

What could possibly go wrong.

It's ok because Ann's no a crazy foreigner

This thread is like a One Direction concert where hormonal, screeching wee lassies have told their favourite non-threatening haircut can't perform.

Hilarious and tragic in equal measures.

bobskeldon

This thread is like a One Direction concert where hormonal, screeching wee lassies have told their favourite non-threatening haircut can't perform.

Hilarious and tragic in equal measures.

Anyone who thinks (inc CL and RN) that Skacel would not improve our Championship side is a fool! Anyone who says he doesn't have 'legs' is also a fool, he doesn't need 'legs', he never has been a 'runner'. He is a great footballer, 35 or not! I want our young players learning from someone like Skacel ON and OFF the park! NB Lee McCulloch will skoosh the Championship next season at 35.

Anyone who thinks (inc CL and RN) that Skacel would not improve our Championship side is a fool! Anyone who says he doesn't have 'legs' is also a fool, he doesn't need 'legs', he never has been a 'runner'. He is a great footballer, 35 or not! I want our young players learning from someone like Skacel ON and OFF the park! NB Lee McCulloch will skoosh the Championship next season at 35.

Who's your favourite out of Harry and Zayn?

I don't think anyone is saying he could not do a job, or does not have the legs (though supposedly, that was John Murray's analysis when McGlynn was here). I do actually think he could be a decent signing, depending on wages, etc.

What some folk are saying, though, is they don't understand the pant wetting going on, and the suggestion that people will base their decison on buying a season ticket on whether he signs or not (which, if they are people out there like that, I find bizzare - unless they are ten).

What I also found, more amusing than anything else, is the suggestion that Budge should interfere and put her foot down, something many criticsed Vlad for doing (and which, if he did not, we would not have seen him for the second time).

I can only assume we want owner interference, if we agree with the decision, or the signing, Ann wants to make.

If he does not sign, I will not throw a strip. Where I would be on the disappointment scale, would depend on who we do sign.

bobskeldon

Who's your favourite out of Harry and Zayn?

Do I have to choose? Can't I have them all?

Archived