Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Carl Fredrickson

5 episodes into Stranger Things and it is cracking. Love all the wee parts that reflect movies from the 80s. 

Very gripping show and just wish I could have binged on it rather than having to watch one a night due to work/family commitments. 

Enjoyed a few of the Netflix Originals

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 episodes into Stranger Things and it is cracking. Love all the wee parts that reflect movies from the 80s.

Very gripping show and just wish I could have binged on it rather than having to watch one a night due to work/family commitments.

Got one episode left,really enjoyed it, really gripped by it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jack D and coke

That's the first season of Preacher finished and tbh I'm not sure what to make of it sometimes. It's had really good episodes, some poor ones and a couple of really weird ones too. Not sure if it's trying to be a black comedy or something more serious at times it's a bit all over the place. It's watchable though.

Carl Fredrickson

Well the bairns went down early last night so we managed to finish Stranger Things. 

Wow. 

Most enjoyable show I have watched for a very long time

Well the bairns went down early last night so we managed to finish Stranger Things.

Wow.

Most enjoyable show I have watched for a very long time

No idea how to use spoilers, so i will just say, the ending didnt make sense to me, still was really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the first season of Preacher finished and tbh I'm not sure what to make of it sometimes. It's had really good episodes, some poor ones and a couple of really weird ones too. Not sure if it's trying to be a black comedy or something more serious at times it's a bit all over the place. It's watchable though.

the last episode seemed a bit WTF and a bit of a cop out at the end

jack D and coke

the last episode seemed a bit WTF and a bit of a cop out at the end

I honestly didn't know what was going on at the end. I'm gonna have to watch it again[emoji1]

Hmmmm. I watched one episode and binned it. I thought it was juvenile tripe. I must be missing something as loads of folks have praised it to the heavens.

Billy Walsh

Don't know if it's been mentioned on here but cannot recommend Gomorrah high enough. Superb series about the Italian mafia.

jack D and coke

Billions was brilliant.

Going to try Preacher now.

It's mad mate. I had to watch a few episodes twice to get them. It's pretty bizarre but decent.

Rudolf's Mate

It's mad mate. I had to watch a few episodes twice to get them. It's pretty bizarre but decent.

Yeah really good reviews. Forgot I'd still about 30 mins of Nice Guys to watch last night so finished that.

Went into my watchlist and ended up starting something that I'd been putting off for ages (Gomorrah). I'd tried reading the book about 7 years ago but struggled with it which had put me off the series, despite the good reviews. Off to a cracking start though and looks decent.

Rudolf's Mate

How good is Gomorrah! Goes from strength to strength.

Up to episode 10 of first series but it's outstanding, gripping stuff.

My only complaint is that I've somehow managed to watch what I thought was episode 1 however it was actually episode 10 :vrface: Worst thing was I've only realised when I got to episode 10! I'm not even sure I've seen 1 now :rofl:

That'll teach me to start stuff inebriated :(

Echo the stranger things sentiment, loved it and season 2 is coming too apparently. The night of is a quality hbo series also

My only complaint is that I've somehow managed to watch what I thought was episode 1 however it was actually episode 10 :vrface: Worst thing was I've only realised when I got to episode 10! I'm not even sure I've seen 1 now :rofl:

Don't think I've ever been so gripped by a series. There's something about the backing music...

Not recommending it as I've not seen it but The Get Down starts on Netflix today. New series about the music scene in The Bronx in the late seventies. Directed by Baz Luhrmann so if nothing else it will look great.

William H. Bonney

Not recommending it as I've not seen it but The Get Down starts on Netflix today. New series about the music scene in The Bronx in the late seventies. Directed by Baz Luhrmann so if nothing else it will look great.

Beautiful but boring was one critics review.

Carl Fredrickson

Got an email recommendation from Netflix about this today. I quite enjoyed Vinyl but felt it could have been a lot better. Showed a lot of early promise but didnt fulfil it. I couldnt wait for it to end. 

Will give The Get Down a go - so far no Netflix Original series has disappointed me - hopefully this isnt the first

Fraggle Rock

Mr Robot , watched the first 2 episodes of season 2  and gonna have to watch them again, as not sure i followed it right, lol ... weird shit man  :bomb2:  :uhoh2:

Rudolf's Mate

Don't think I've ever been so gripped by a series. There's something about the backing music...

Backing music is spot on and adds to the tension. Agree with what you're saying. Every episode is nearly heart in mouth stuff.

Yes, absolutely superb stuff.

watched part 1 and 2 and though hmmm not to sure about this but part 3 got me hooked, looking forward to watching 4 tonight....

Is it as good as the original?

You mean the BBC one? I've not actually seen that yet.

Give the first episode a go you won't be dissapointed.

You mean the BBC one? I've not actually seen that yet.

Give the first episode a go you won't be dissapointed.

Yes. Both series of Criminal Justice were excellent.

Carl Fredrickson

Just finished The Get Down and I surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Based in the 70s in the Bronx it tells the story of some teens getting into music. There is a love story, gang stuff and a decent storyline to keep it going. 

My description doesnt do it justice - give it a try

Did you watch through Kodi? I done the same thing. Think someone has put episode 10 where 1 should have been.

Rudolf's Mate

Did you watch through Kodi? I done the same thing. Think someone has put episode 10 where 1 should have been.

I did mate and was none the wiser until I got up to 10 or 11 :lol: Still didn't ruin it though.

I did mate and was none the wiser until I got up to 10 or 11 :lol: Still didn't ruin it though.

Exactly the same. I thought the first episode I watched was how it all panned out, and then the episodes after that told you how we got there. When I got up to 10 or 11 I was like hmmm. Excellent series though. On series 2 now. Superb

Fraggle Rock

Anyone watching 'The Night Of...' ???

Just today binge watched all the episodes so far and WOW how good is this ? I am loving it, superb stuff, gutted i have to wait for the next episode .

Rudolf's Mate

Finished Preacher which I thoroughly enjoyed. Quite a few :wtf: moments but great viewing.

Not exactly sure why however I decided to start X-Files again. Loved it first time round and can't remember a lot of the stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Internet

Watching a few different shows just now. 10 episodes into Gomorrah now and it's top quality. Was getting a bit emotional at some points :lol: Archer is also great, really easy to plough through and just my kind of humour.

Also, Narcos season 2 starts next Friday :yas:

Got Netflix a couple of week ago and have just finished watching Being Human, loved it all over again.

Carl Fredrickson

One NOT to recommend is Zoo. I think it is based on a James Paterson book. 

Animals are evolving and are turning on humans. I liked the sound of it and the idea is probably a good one but the acting is poor, there are so many holes in the plot and each episode is so predictable. 

Very disappointing. 

Watched a few Netflix originals recently and none have let me down, this isnt a Netflix original and it shows. 

One episode of series 1 to go and it is getting binned. The other series they have made can get to feck.

Watched the first episode of The Night Of and that looks far far better, 

watched part 1 and 2 and though hmmm not to sure about this but part 3 got me hooked, looking forward to watching 4 tonight....

Just finished last episode of the night of. Excellent overall, didn't end how I expected but Emmy awards should be guaranteed for John turturro, who's awesome as the multi allergic lawyer.

Carl Fredrickson

Watched the first episode of The Night Of last night and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing how things pan out

Riddley Walker

5 episodes through The Night Of and really enjoying it.

Very good characters and a bit of a different spin on a detective/murder case show.

5 episodes through The Night Of and really enjoying it.

Very good characters and a bit of a different spin on a detective/murder case show.

Seen this advertised quite a lot the last week or so. Starts on Sky Atlantic at 9pm tonight - really looking forward to getting into this. Have only heard good things.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series