Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carl Fredrickson

Finished series 4 of the Killing the other night. Great series and it was nice for a show to end as it did - a bit of cheese is welcome in our house. Compulsive viewing with a great script and tremendous acting.

To the poster a few back - recently watched Fargo too and again thoroughly enjoyed it.

Now to watch the last few episodes of True Detective.

Season 4 was excellent. Shame there no more to come

I really like The Killing but season 4 was pretty lame imo,very easy to work out who done what and the last few mins were very corny.Do think it's a shame that's it finished though as Holder is one of my fav tv characters of recent years.

Ps I am talking about the US version.

...a bit disco

Strain is excellent. Good effects and a decent storyline. Not really character driven but very entertaining

Yep.

Further it goes on, the better it gets.

Anyone watching Gomorrah on Sky Atlantic?

Oh yes, it's proper gripping, & I think with the subtitles it makes it even better, & you pick up on all the little side stories better.

Yes and it's brilliant

This with out a doubt, & with Boardwalk Empire starting back next Saturday 13th,

Sky Atlantic is the channel to watch for the next few months!!

mulleted_jambo

Season 4 was excellent. Shame there no more to come

Just finished it last night, really enjoyed it.

The ending was a bit cheesy but still didn't spoil a good show. I thought one of them must have been killed or gone to jail for life after you said there won't be another one but I see what you were getting at now.

Just finished it last night, really enjoyed it.

The ending was a bit cheesy but still didn't spoil a good show. I thought one of them must have been killed or gone to jail for life after you said there won't be another one but I see what you were getting at now.

Both characters were excellent, especially holder. Linden always had a puss on her though lol. Seemed liked it was always raining in Seattle too. Tied up nicely at the end, no mysterys or teasers

Both characters were excellent, especially holder. Linden always had a puss on her though lol. Seemed liked it was always raining in Seattle too. Tied up nicely at the end, no mysterys or teasers

Since season 4 seems to have got a pretty good reaction, I wouldn't be totally surprised if Netflix resurrect the show, again.

Rudolf's Mate

Since season 4 seems to have got a pretty good reaction, I wouldn't be totally surprised if Netflix resurrect the show, again.

Hope that's the case however Mireillie Enos stocks gone through the roof on the back of fantastic performances. I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't able to fit it in due to other commitments.

• 2 weeks later...
MacDonald Jardine
Anyone watched Under the dome??was just about to download it,also just from reading the last few pages,what is the killing about??

The first series was good. Not so sure about the second which seems to be moving away from the book, although I've only watched the first episode.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

True detective and Fargo were both really good shows. Well worth a watch.

Sopranos, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire are all superb! I didn't think I would like Game Of Thrones but I'm totally hooked. I've started reading the books as I don't want to wait on the next series.

I've got sons of anarchy and breaking bad to watch but not sure which one to start 1st?

Carl Fredrickson

I would go with Breaking Bad - I enjoyed it more than SoA. Finished all of BB but have stagnated on SoA in series 3

Watched episode 1 of The Bridge - gripped from the start.

Anyone recommend Peaky Blinders?

Also Glue starts tonight on E4 and has had decent previews and The Strain starts on Wednesday which I'm looking forward too

Edited by Gavman33

rudi must stay

Anyone recommend Peaky Blinders?

Also Glue starts tonight on E4 and has had decent previews and The Strain starts on Wednesday which I'm looking forward too

Peaky Blinders is pretty good. Cillian Murphy, who's been in quite a few major films (Batman, Inception etc) is decent in it. I think the new series will be better than the first series though, they've somehow got Tom Hardy to be in it. Maybe not up there with American TV Shows, but probably Britains best effort at the moment

Edited by rudi must stay

The Leftovers

Just watched the first episode and have not got a clue what is going on but it has me hooked already and I want to find out Wtf is happened/happening.

Must point out as well that I was not a fan of Lost at all but this has me so far.

The Leftovers

Just watched the first episode and have not got a clue what is going on but it has me hooked already and I want to find out Wtf is happened/happening.

Must point out as well that I was not a fan of Lost at all but this has me so far.

I was the same after the first one. Gets better and better

Anyone else caught Chasing Shadows on ITV? Usually I avoid the channel but the first two had a bit of potential even if Reece Shearsmith's character is a bit of a ripoff of Saga from The Bridge! :lol:

have watched the first two episodes of legends with sean bean, seems promising

Same here, up to episode 5 now.

I like the concept, also been watching White Collar, another good one to look into!

Watched the First episode of Legends and got the other 4 downloaded,heard it really starts to kick in at episode 5.It all felt a bit safe network tv type stuff for me first episode but would like to see how his character develops before judging it.

Not re-reading the whole thread but just made a start on Entourage. So far so good. Anyone watched?

Brilliant show IMO one of my all time favourites.

I would go with Breaking Bad - I enjoyed it more than SoA. Finished all of BB but have stagnated on SoA in series 3

Watched episode 1 of The Bridge - gripped from the start.

Stay with SOA, the end of season 3 is exceptional!!

Carl Fredrickson

I have watched a couple the last couple of nights so I will finish S3 before making a call as to give up or not. The Mrs is working tonight so if the wee man goes down early enough I will get a couple of episodes watched.

Watching The Bridge with the Mrs and thoroughly enjoying in. The female dective (Sega? Saga?) is a fantastic character.

Recorded on Universal the 1st series of Boston Legal while on holiday. Now watching it and it's terrific.

Denny Crane!

Boston Legal is excellent. One of my favourite TV series. It gets much better after the 1st season also. Enjoy :)

Edited by Rossco

Seymour M Hersh

It's alright. Was utterly mortified watching the muff diving scene in the first episode alongside the missus and her old dear.

Never a good scenario that one peebo.

Is season 3 not the one in Ireland?

Pish season. Put me off it for ages until a mate convinced me that season 4 returned to form.

Looking for something new to watch. I've seen all the old favourites like 24, sopranos, lost etc just finished Fringe and currently up to date with Game of Thrones, the following and the blacklist.

Anyone recommend something else? (Tried breaking bad but got to episode 5 and gave up!)

You need to persevere with BB chief. The first series is slow, but from series 2 on its a feckin roller coaster.

Is season 3 not the one in Ireland?

Pish season. Put me off it for ages until a mate convinced me that season 4 returned to form.

Yeah it's not the strongest season but the last episode was superb.

Whats it about???

Plane passengers get killed by a virus.Virus caused by a vampire.The undead come back to life. Sounds daft but if you like The Walking Dead has potential and directed really well and stylishly done

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series