The poker thread...

The Merse

Finished fecking 7th last night. Some fecking clown raised and I look down and had AK suited. I re-raised it up 6k and the **** called with K8.

Flop came 48J, he bet and I re-raised all-in and he still fecking called.

Absolute donk of the highest order.

Actually told him to eff off when he tried to shake my hand!

Cuuuuuuunt!!!!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Merse

• Era Macaroons

• Bigsmak

• Statto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walter Payton
Finished fecking 7th last night. Some fecking clown raised and I look down and had AK suited. I re-raised it up 6k and the **** called with K8.

Flop came 48J, he bet and I re-raised all-in and he still fecking called.

Absolute donk of the highest order.

Actually told him to eff off when he tried to shake my hand!

Cuuuuuuunt!!!!

What were the blinds and stacks?

I was banjoed out in about 12th last night... D-McG will tell you how blooming unlucky I was..

couldn't sleep for thinking about it!

the Mob Poker Calculator here tells me I was a 86.36% fav after forth street!

Still bummed.

I was banjoed out in about 12th last night... D-McG will tell you how blooming unlucky I was..

couldn't sleep for thinking about it!

the Mob Poker Calculator here tells me I was a 86.36% fav after forth street!

Still bummed.

You were raped aye, so was I in the end.

Arrrghhh.

5 final tables out last 7 times I've been and hardly won a bean.

Pish.

Might as well,

Me - Chips about 13k

Brian about 11k

Me - Ac Ks

Him - Qc js

I raise 4x BB before flop, 2 callers

Flop Kc 10c 4c

Checked round.. (feigning weakness)

forth street - 6h

I bet 1200, Brian pushes all in, other folds.. I call.

As I said I am 84% fav to win.

River - As, he hits his straight and admitted he only pushed as he had the Qc flush draw!

Pants on a bike

Sexton Hardcastle

To be fair, you should of bet after the flop. At least to represent a decent hand and to get limpers out. He did have a open ended straight / flush draw. not the worst call ive seen. You shouldnt of let him see past the turn.

To be fair, you should of bet after the flop. At least to represent a decent hand and to get limpers out. He did have a open ended straight / flush draw. not the worst call ive seen. You shouldnt of let him see past the turn.

He put his chips in as an 85% + favourite, you can't do more than that.

Sexton Hardcastle

Yup. But i guess the other guy only put him on a king. I doubt he put him on the ace of clubs. He had openeded / flush draw. Bad call but certianly not the worst.

Yup. But i guess the other guy only put him on a king. I doubt he put him on the ace of clubs. He had openeded / flush draw. Bad call but certianly not the worst.

He didn't call, he made the push and Bigsmak called him.

It wasn't the worst play, just a manky beat.

The d!ckhead who knocked me out on the other hand calling my re-raise with K8 against my AK, he can burn in hell!

Sexton Hardcastle

ha. ah fair enough. I hate pllayers that think they are really good and demand poker "respect". I.E. not re raising their blinds etc.. get it so much at the nuts were i played so stopped going. pay day tomorow. More WH online. cant beata bit of cash. 25/50 p i reckon

To be fair, Brian - The guy that hit the A is actually a very well respected experienced player, well he's been on the telly quite a bit anyway (I know some people who don't like him. ;) ) I had taken some money off him in a few hands over the last 20 min's or so (once with4th pair that I showed him) and I could see it in his eyes that he wanted to take chips back off me.

He called my raise quickly pre-flop and I was sure that if I gave him the chance he would push against me. That's what I wanted to happen and that's what happened.

Therefore I checked the flop and feigned the weakness he was seeking. I knew I was ahead and I wanted to get the most amount of chips into the pot. I bet relatively small and let him bet back. Against an inexperienced player I would have bet the flop, in fact 8 out of 10 times I would have bet it and protected my hand. Only against "better" players like Brian do I try this kind of play.

Would have played it exactly the same again.

To be fair, Brian - The guy that hit the A is actually a very well respected experienced player, well he's been on the telly quite a bit anyway (I know some people who don't like him. ;) ) I had taken some money off him in a few hands over the last 20 min's or so (once with4th pair that I showed him) and I could see it in his eyes that he wanted to take chips back off me.

He called my raise quickly pre-flop and I was sure that if I gave him the chance he would push against me. That's what I wanted to happen and that's what happened.

Therefore I checked the flop and feigned the weakness he was seeking. I knew I was ahead and I wanted to get the most amount of chips into the pot. I bet relatively small and let him bet back. Against an inexperienced player I would have bet the flop, in fact 8 out of 10 times I would have bet it and protected my hand. Only against "better" players like Brian do I try this kind of play.

Would have played it exactly the same again.

You did it everything right.

I tried my move on the wrong player, total moron who can't see past his own hand. Still peeved off at that.

To be fair, I don't mind Brian anymore, can be slightly irritating if your on his table all night but he's a nice guy.

Currently chip leader in a multi-table tourney on cake poker at the moment.

200 odd started and down to 40 now. $700 for 1st, would be nice.

Currently chip leader in a multi-table tourney on cake poker at the moment.

200 odd started and down to 40 now. $700 for 1st, would be nice.

Down to 9 people now, sitting second in chips.

This has been a slog and a half, will be gutted if I get a **** payout now.

Champion!!

Haha that was hard going, was winning the whole way through pretty much, never easy to keep the lead.

Last hand was a belter.

Had JT spades in big blind and guy raised, flat called, flop 789 rainbow...

Check it, he bets big.

Turn, blank.

Check it, he pushed all in, call! He has KT, he can only get a split with a J and it doesn't come, woohoo!

Era Macaroons
Champion!!

Haha that was hard going, was winning the whole way through pretty much, never easy to keep the lead.

Last hand was a belter.

Had JT spades in big blind and guy raised, flat called, flop 789 rainbow...

Check it, he bets big.

Turn, blank.

Check it, he pushed all in, call! He has KT, he can only get a split with a J and it doesn't come, woohoo!

luvely jubbly ...well done...drinks on you

Era Macaroons
ha. ah fair enough. I hate pllayers that think they are really good and demand poker "respect". I.E. not re raising their blinds etc.. get it so much at the nuts were i played so stopped going. pay day tomorow. More WH online. cant beata bit of cash. 25/50 p i reckon

i use will hill....do you ever play the tourneys

ie

the ?7K at 9.10pm

the $5K at 11pm etc

ie

the ?7K at 9.10pm

the $5K at 11pm etc

I'm in the 5k as we speak!

To get a screenshot, there is a button on the keyboard top right for Print Screen.

Then go to Microsoft Paint and press Ctr + V at the same time and should paste it in.

I'm short stacked in this tourney, got screwed over but think 99.99% of people would be out if they had the same hand I got.

Had 78 and flop came 788!

Guy turned a better full house than me, I was suspicious as hell and only flat called the river when most people would have been all-in and lost!

Not been playing on "Cake" for very long, but starting to think the standard ain't that high...

Think theres money to be won on there

Sexton Hardcastle

ie

the ?7K at 9.10pm

the $5K at 11pm etc

havent played many tournys recently. have got into cash. DOne quitea few heads up and sit and goes. Mite have a look at those ones. How many register and whats the pay outs like?

Went to Circus tonight for the re-buy.

Got drawn on like the death table.

Had 2 re-buys after my original buy-in and thought feck this and upped and left.

Went to Circus tonight for the re-buy.

Got drawn on like the death table.

Had 2 re-buys after my original buy-in and thought feck this and upped and left.

awwwwww

;)

i'll be there monday i think!

awwwwww

;)

i'll be there monday i think!

Had a joke table man.

Mark Dolan, Strachan and his mate who were chuckin chips about like mad, some asian who was just a gambler basically.

I lost with Queens twice and QT to 92 on a 39T flop, pushed and called by the 92 for a 9 to come on turn.

It just wasn't my night and decided there ain't any point in getting dragged into it.

Out in 20th last night, absolute bull.

Was up to 19k. Blinds 6/1200. Couple of limps, I look down at pocket Jacks. Was about 5k in the pot so I thought I'll take that without seeing a flop. Push all-in.

Guy who had limped from first to act called me with A fecking 5 for all his chips.

Obviously hits his Ace and I get papped out.

So sick.

My mate Chris won it though.

Walter Payton

Was up to 19k. Blinds 6/1200. Couple of limps, I look down at pocket Jacks. Was about 5k in the pot so I thought I'll take that without seeing a flop. Push all-in.

Guy who had limped from first to act called me with A fecking 5 for all his chips.

So sick.

Hate it when people do that-fair enough slowplay with a massive hand like Rockets or Cowboys (but there is danger if it checks round because you'll never know if somebody, particularly the blinds, hits 2 pair on the flop) but don't limp because you don't reckon your hand is good enough to commit chips with then call an all in anyway- what strategy do they think they're playing with?

what strategy do they think they're playing with?

Doubt they can spell the word to be honest!

Walter Payton

So sick.

Been thinking about this (bad beats always get me thinking) and not really trying to justify his call (it's a bad one) but think it can be helpful to try and understand what decisions he's basing it on when he makes it- in case you can avoid it the next time!

Had you been squeezing a few pots before then? I completely agree with your decision to push and take the pot then with your Js, but if you'd squeezed a few pots before then by moving all in or putting in a massively oversized bet he might have put you on less strength than a pair or a good Ace- I've squeezed with hands like K,Q or K,J before because I'd have thought a strong Ace or decent pair would have raised the pot before then. If he puts you on a hand like that (and I'm not sure how he could back his read to that extent, there's an awful lot of hands you'd do the same thing with) he could think he'd actually be ahead.

By no means am I defending his call, but he might have been feeling heroic at the time- and got it completely wrong!

Whats the Monday night game like up at Fountain Park? No work on Tuesday so thinkin about heading up.

Its a good game.

?30+3 Freezout. Played sensibly. Should be 40 people there. I won it a few weeks back co it can't be that hard.

Be there before 9pm and get 5500 points at the start. If your running late you can sign in till about 10.20 and get a starting stack of 4000 points.

I'll be the bald one. Say hi!

Era Macaroons
I'm in the 5k as we speak!

To get a screenshot, there is a button on the keyboard top right for Print Screen.

Then go to Microsoft Paint and press Ctr + V at the same time and should paste it in.

I'm short stacked in this tourney, got screwed over but think 99.99% of people would be out if they had the same hand I got.

Had 78 and flop came 788!

Guy turned a better full house than me, I was suspicious as hell and only flat called the river when most people would have been all-in and lost!

I was in the $5k at that point as well....came 9th ,final table but small winnings, took it to cash tables though and won big time....kept whipping the same boy all in (WestPark)

he was sat at about 4 tables with plenty on each, every time i got loaded I would move table, start off wi min stack and do him again!! he was begging me to stay and come back tomorrow etc......I think hes a big boy regular so Id better watch out next time we cross paths!

that was on thurs.....popped back in to a few games looking for him on friday, demanded to know where WESTPARK was....and done his mates for 500 as they wondered who the hell I was and why would I be hunting 'Westy'

cool sharp harp:runaway:

Been thinking about this (bad beats always get me thinking) and not really trying to justify his call (it's a bad one) but think it can be helpful to try........

(saving space here )

By no means am I defending his call, but he might have been feeling heroic at the time- and got it completely wrong!

In that case well played and D-McG got unlucky. I was watching Phill Ivey the other day on the telly. In the first part of the show he always plays hands like 8 6 and J 3 and likes to push and have them turned over at a showdown and lose the pots. It makes everyone think ooo he's pushing with rubbish. So they call his monsters later on.

I tried it last night at the Maybury. I showed 47, j3 and 26 early on in cheap pots. This let me push with AA later on and I got callers and action on an A high flop. Everyone thought I had rubbish.

But your right.. Its a dangerous tactic when you get called and outdrawn.. But in the long run, its a good play.

Era Macaroons
havent played many tournys recently. have got into cash. DOne quitea few heads up and sit and goes. Mite have a look at those ones. How many register and whats the pay outs like?

If your newish , i would learn to play in tourneys....small entry fees, hours worth of play and decent prizes (compared to your stake) when u win.

this will expose you to many of the 'tricks'....and it wont cost u much to find out.

When you find your getting quite far in tourneys,cashing in, move up to bigger ones.

low stakes cash must be a minefield, and I would avoid heads up altogether.

generally fields are 100 - 300 in Will hills

Era Macaroons

excellent...just practised this...and it worked.....just need to win a whopping hand at poker to 'show it off'

:)

Era Macaroons
A mix between these!

medium_dr_evil_1.jpg

bruce-willis-ocean-13-movie-premiere-raises-money-in-chicago-with-vanity-fair-magazine-10HExv.jpg

p20a.jpg

id better have a few pints first ;)

at least ill know what to look out for next time i go :welldone:

Been thinking about this (bad beats always get me thinking) and not really trying to justify his call (it's a bad one) but think it can be helpful to try and understand what decisions he's basing it on when he makes it- in case you can avoid it the next time!

Had you been squeezing a few pots before then? I completely agree with your decision to push and take the pot then with your Js, but if you'd squeezed a few pots before then by moving all in or putting in a massively oversized bet he might have put you on less strength than a pair or a good Ace- I've squeezed with hands like K,Q or K,J before because I'd have thought a strong Ace or decent pair would have raised the pot before then. If he puts you on a hand like that (and I'm not sure how he could back his read to that extent, there's an awful lot of hands you'd do the same thing with) he could think he'd actually be ahead.

I'd been playing tight as anything mate.

The guy was just a complete donk. His justfication came from the fact he didn't care if he lost because he would rather go home and pump his bird.

So irritating, I've barely made a mistake in weeks down there but not made enough money!

:sad:

Papped out 17th, got bored and went a bit wild, was decent stacked too.

Ah well, not bad for my first game in a while.

Papped out 17th, got bored and went a bit wild, was decent stacked too.

Ah well, not bad for my first game in a while.

I thought you played very well when I was at the table with you. Good size bets and weren't scared off by the regulars.

PS - That hand I won against you when I raised your bet on the river and you folded. I'd hit trips on the flop! ;)

I thought you played very well when I was at the table with you. Good size bets and weren't scared off by the regulars.

PS - That hand I won against you when I raised your bet on the river and you folded. I'd hit trips on the flop! ;)

I had that drunk **** on my table that won it last week.

Most irritating guy I've ever come across in my life.

I didn't last long after the break, pushed from the cut off for a wee steal of the blinds with AT of spades but the big blind had AK.

I had that drunk **** on my table that won it last week.

Most irritating guy I've ever come across in my life.

Did he keep saying (every friking pot) ... two good players.. or 3 good players?

jeeze o man.. get some new chat

Did he keep saying (every friking pot) ... two good players.. or 3 good players?

jeeze o man.. get some new chat

Yup, every freaking hand.

The game was so, so, so slow.

I could easily have waited for a better spot to make my move in but was just getting frustrated.

The muppet said he was going to call Phils bluff at one stage.

The board was KK993.

Phil bet like a grand and the guy called with 23. Idiot didn't even realise he was playing the board.

This guy wouldnt know poker respect if Phil Helmuth was playin oposite him.

The only reason he stopped goin to the nuts was cos the called him "nofoldem"