The poker thread...

The Merse

Played live cash at Circus for 1st time last night and the standard was shocking. If you hit cards you can easy make 4/5 x the buy in.

I was playing cash last night also, I got fecked again tho.

Arghhhh.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Merse

• Era Macaroons

• Bigsmak

• Statto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you overplay kings or something?

Did you see me lose with them then I take it?

Yep it was Kings I lost my dosh with.

Had been dealt literally nothing in hours, get Queens, and it's raised to a tenner before me, I raise it to 30, and then the guy to my left re-raises me to 110, I folded. He had Aces!

Few hands later I get the Kings and bitch flopped a straight and flush draw and put me all in. I called and **** hit.

Most annoying thing about it was the fact I went out the tournament with an open-ended straight flush draw, hit nothing and lose. Then when I'm up against similar they hit.

Going through such a pish spell.

Yeah the bitch is my mate, I was in sat next to her and she is a good poker player. You both played fine in the hand, if you had more behind I would have said it was a defo fold as you only beat qq.

Yeah the bitch is my mate, I was in sat next to her and she is a good poker player. You both played fine in the hand, if you had more behind I would have said it was a defo fold as you only beat qq.

Ha, sorry about the bitch comment haha, just peeved that I lost thats all. Even more so as when situation was reversed earlier and I had the big draw I completely missed. Just seem to be going through one of those phases where I can't seem to do anything right.

I half considered folding but thought I'll take my chances she's on a draw as I didn't believe she'd have bet out that strongly with a set.

In the end I was right, it was coin flip but my hand never held.

lol

That's Dave in trouble there. he he...

Remember it was Cash game and draws are a very very good way to make money in the long term. So I can't realy fault her play - Yes I saw most of it as I was sitting on the next table, you know the final one... In the tourney... Never mind..

anyway, I had 1/3rd of the chips in play with 8 players left and finished 6th... I get too aggressive sometimes and try and knock players out when I have 77 and A10 and stuff.. Really I should sit back and wait.

I would agree with Goon's earlier statement about the standard of play (in the tourney). I would say that 50% of the players there on an evening really don't know what they are doing. But if you think the standard was bad, you should play in the ?5 rebuy As for the cash game... well.. Its all about aggression and luck as far as I am concerned.

Sitting 12th of 31 left in some multi on Will Hill.

?2000 for 1st place.

Would be nice.

Sitting 12th of 31 left in some multi on Will Hill.

?2000 for 1st place.

Would be nice.

How did it go?

Think I'll be heading up for the game tonight, anyone else?

Sexton Hardcastle

Was playing cash on sat nite/sun morning after a nite on the lash. Started okay going from 20 quid to 30. Didnt get many hands over the next hour so stayed around 25 quid mark then i floppeda full house. had AJ , Flop , JAA. Thinking here we go big pay. Raised 50/1 pound blind to 4 quid. 1 fold and re raised to 8 quid. Put him on Ace rag so pushed all in. called. Turns over AQ. the the other guy in the hand folded the 3rd queen leaving him one out. As you expect he hits the only queen left and his only out to hit a better full house.

I was spewing. couldnt actually believe it.

How did it go?

Finished 19th :sad:

Only got ?67 back! Lost with AJ suited to QT, ten on the river, spewer.

Might go tonight, not sure yet, trying to cut down!

Era Macaroons

did you go home with wads of notes?

did you go home with wads of notes?

This week I got myself Pokertracker and started playing full time on full tilt.

So far I went from $15 playing 1 $25 dollar table I made it up to $280 (in 2 days) now I am back down at about $100 after a horrendous run where I lost with trips to a flush 3 times then my flush lost to a full house on the river.. Lost $100 on 4 tables in like 5 mins... Sucked... So I went tighter and lost with AA Vs JJ to 10 high flop. (J on river) then I had JJ and lost to AA on a ten high flop (no J on river)

So I sucked out big time and switched the poker off for the day.

I was playing 7 tables $25 at each table.

I have played 5100 hands in 2 days. I have either put in $108 in rake or $710. I am not sure which figure to be looking at.

Poker tracker is amazing.. It tells me everything I didn't even know I wanted to know.

Must stop playing Pocket QQ. Its cost me nearly $80. And don't get me started on K10 offsuit!

So far I went from $15 playing 1 $25 dollar table I made it up to $280 (in 2 days) now I am back down at about $100 after a horrendous run where I lost with trips to a flush 3 times then my flush lost to a full house on the river.. Lost $100 on 4 tables in like 5 mins... Sucked... So I went tighter and lost with AA Vs JJ to 10 high flop. (J on river) then I had JJ and lost to AA on a ten high flop (no J on river)

So I sucked out big time and switched the poker off for the day.

I was playing 7 tables $25 at each table.

I have played 5100 hands in 2 days. I have either put in $108 in rake or $710. I am not sure which figure to be looking at.

Poker tracker is amazing.. It tells me everything I didn't even know I wanted to know.

Must stop playing Pocket QQ. Its cost me nearly $80. And don't get me started on K10 offsuit!

You trying to make a go of making a living out of poker?

How much does poker tracker cost?

You trying to make a go of making a living out of poker?

How much does poker tracker cost?

Poker tracker gives you a 2 month free trial. I have yet to buy it. But I will.

Poker Tracker 3 is just (or maybe not quite yet) out. It is amazing... (rea the forums first .. Make sure it works on your site etc)

I can't believe that I have never had it before.

Yes.. This week I was going to try and play full time to see how I did..

It all started off so well and it looked like I would be a millionaire by Christmas but as you know, the Poker gods really have it in for me! lol

Try it man... Its a bit complicated but it shows me where I am making and losing the cash. (a lot of cash lost by defending blinds by calling raises and folding to continuation bets.)

Linkage for poker tracker - https://www.pokertracker.com/products/PT3/download.php

Wooo Russia have scored,, I had 3-1 on the prediction thread!

Some links to look at as well

http://www.cardschat.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=757&stc=1&d=1146365596

http://www.texasholdem-poker.com/odds_chart

http://www.cardschat.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=576&stc=1&d=1143075328

Poker tracker gives you a 2 month free trial. I have yet to buy it. But I will.

Poker Tracker 3 is just (or maybe not quite yet) out. It is amazing... (rea the forums first .. Make sure it works on your site etc)

I can't believe that I have never had it before.

Yes.. This week I was going to try and play full time to see how I did..

It all started off so well and it looked like I would be a millionaire by Christmas but as you know, the Poker gods really have it in for me! lol

Try it man... Its a bit complicated but it shows me where I am making and losing the cash. (a lot of cash lost by defending blinds by calling raises and folding to continuation bets.)

Linkage for poker tracker - https://www.pokertracker.com/products/PT3/download.php

Wooo Russia have scored,, I had 3-1 on the prediction thread!

Some links to look at as well

http://www.cardschat.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=757&stc=1&d=1146365596

http://www.texasholdem-poker.com/odds_chart

http://www.cardschat.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=576&stc=1&d=1143075328

Just downloaded it there. Do I have to enter details into re what sites I use or does it automatically track it?

:confused:

Just downloaded it there. Do I have to enter details into re what sites I use or does it automatically track it?

:confused:

em, which sites are you playing on?

http://www.cardschat.com/f13/pokertracker-reference-thread-99765/

http://www.cardschat.com/poker-tracker-guide.php

You need to set up some stuff.

It took a wee bit to figure it out. But its worth it

Lol, just managed to arse a hand the worst I've ever arsed a hand in my life.

Called a raise with AT, I was on the button.

Flop came ATT.

Slow played it to hell, turn and river both came Jacks and the idiot had raised with J9!

Pfffft, actually unreal.

Era Macaroons

This sounds very interesting....does it work on Poker stars or will hills?

and good luck with playing full time...i presume u are single with no kids:)

playing 7 hands must be mad fast ....r u just playing your hands and ignoring other players ? (you cant poss build up much table knowledge of thier play)

Era Macaroons
Lol, just managed to arse a hand the worst I've ever arsed a hand in my life.

Called a raise with AT, I was on the button.

Flop came ATT.

Slow played it to hell, turn and river both came Jacks and the idiot had raised with J9!

Pfffft, actually unreal.

thats when u just wanna jump into your PC and come out the other guys speakers n give him a doin

playing 7 hands must be mad fast ....r u just playing your hands and ignoring other players ? (you cant poss build up much table knowledge of thier play)

It has a heads up display that shows information to you. So you don't have to build the knowledge. It learns everything about the players. How often they bet. When they bet etc etc etc. And it keep s notes on every hand you play and every hand played when the tables are open. So if you go out for the day, open up 10 tables and let it suck up the knowledge. When you get back it will know more about the people playing on your limits.

Read the pokertracker forums.

Check out the numbers next to the players. When you learn them you have the info you need.

hud1jh.jpg

Era Macaroons

wow Bigsmak...thats a lot of info

I suppose the pros use this all the time, and can digest the info quickly

Might be a step 2 far for me though.....Im more into one game at a time and focusing on it fully

will check it out tho

Do you think you can finish in the top 150 of any tournament?

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/series-2008-150-seat-guarantee?utm_id=357

Full Tilt Poker

"Clear your calendar for Sunday, June 15th to play in our biggest Main Event guarantee ever. The 150 Seat Guarantee begins at 18:00 ET (23:00 GMT) and will award at least 150 $12K Main Event prize packages. You can buy in directly for $500+$35"

Prove it!

anyone up for putting $500+$35 up to see if they can make it to the big one?

lol

Tempted!

Sexton Hardcastle

What ever happened to the charity game someone was organising? It was going to be at the Circus at Fountain Park?

Never heard anymore or has it passed?

Full Tilt Poker

"Clear your calendar for Sunday, June 15th to play in our biggest Main Event guarantee ever. The 150 Seat Guarantee begins at 18:00 ET (23:00 GMT) and will award at least 150 $12K Main Event prize packages. You can buy in directly for $500+$35"

Prove it!

lol

Tempted!

Hmmmm, 250 smackers seems a bit much! God it is tempting though. Depends how many runners though!

Hmmmm, 250 smackers seems a bit much! God it is tempting though. Depends how many runners though!

If only it was 151.. i'd put my money in then no probs

lol. Probably be 2000 or something stupid like that., I would still fancy my chances if it was a 600 entry, maybe even 1000. Play tight as feck and dont through all your money in with Pocket jacks when its a 10 high flop and I would be ok. lol.. maybe...

God I hate poker!

If only it was 151.. i'd put my money in then no probs

lol. Probably be 2000 or something stupid like that., I would still fancy my chances if it was a 600 entry, maybe even 1000. Play tight as feck and dont through all your money in with Pocket jacks when its a 10 high flop and I would be ok. lol.. maybe...

God I hate poker!

Have entered a satellite on Cake to get into a multi table tourney to win a seat to the WSOP.

$30 for this one, if I win this then top 8 get a seat to WSOP that I would get entered into next.

Have entered a satellite on Cake to get into a multi table tourney to win a seat to the WSOP.

$30 for this one, if I win this then top 8 get a seat to WSOP that I would get entered into next.

I've won won, then top 10'd won to get into the actual qualifier... Was about 2000 people in it and I finished 200 odd.. took hours and hours and got nufink.. think they had only so many seats as well!

I do facny top 150 though.. still tempted to buy in.. i'll wait till just before and see how many entrys they have.. lol

Just went a bit crazy there, seriously never had so many bad beats in 1 day in my life.

Every 60/40 in my favour I'm losing. Every 80/20 I'm losing. And on the odd occassion I've stuck it in behind I've stayed behind.

Took my whole bankroll of $580 on Cake on to a $3/6 cash table :laugh:

First hand KJ spades. 2 limps. I raise $22. 1 caller.

Flop: 5c6cJh

I bet pot which was $56 or something.

Called.

Turn: Kd.

He checks. I bet 1/2 pot which is around $80, he re-raises me to 160. I instantly push all-in.

He takes till the alotted time and folds.

Pretty sure I actually wanted a call.

Left the table after this one hand though, probably shouldn't have gone on it in the first place but $200 win on 1 hand suits me.

After winning the Nuts at 3 Sisters last week I was out after about 4 hands last night!

Got A8 clubs to the right of the button and its limped and folded round to me, raise to 300 (blinds were still 25, 50!) guy on the button calls and big blind calls.

Flop comes Qh5c4c. I bet 300 again and guy on the button calls other guy folds.

Turn comes 6c. Ive made the nut flush and check it to him, he bets 700 and I raise to 1400 total which he calls

River comes 5h I push all in and he calls

I turn over my nut flush and he shows 5,6 hes rivered a full house and i'm out! Spewing!

I'm (relatively) new to poker, should i have done anything diferently here or was I just unlucky? Thinking back maybe i could have gone all in on the turn but I had the nuts at that point so pretty sure i wanted a call!

First hand KJ spades. 2 limps. I raise $22. 1 caller.

Flop: 5c6cJh

I bet pot which was $56 or something.

Called.

Turn: Kd.

He checks. I bet 1/2 pot which is around $80, he re-raises me to 160. I instantly push all-in.

He takes till the alotted time and folds.

Pretty sure I actually wanted a call.

You wouldn't be saying that if he turned over 7c 8c and you had to sit through a river card. You would have been pantsing it....

Just lost nearly my full bank roll.

Hand 1 -

Me - 10 7 on BB.

Flop - 5 6 7

bet heavy and called .

then a 10 (I have 2 pair ) - I bet him all in he calls with A 4

River - 3 to give the straight - Lost 20 Bucks

Hand 2 -

Me - A8 suited. Raise preflop. 1 caller.

Flop 3 6 8 rainbow.. I bet heavy .. He goes all in.. I call

He shows 7 7

Of course - Turn 5 - River 9 . giving him the straight.

I lose 30 bucks.

And the worst one.. a 100 dollar pot. I lost about $35 in it.

Me A4 suited, player 1 AJ, PLayer 2, AK.

Small raise from AJ preflop. Called buy AK and its $1.50 for me to call into a $5 pot. I call .

Flop = A 4 8

AJ Bets heavy. AK Calls flat and I raise all in .. AJ Calls so does AK.

Turn 2

River 8.. to give us all 2 pair As and 8s and AK wings with best kicker!

Help me please!

all in space of 32 mins!

(worse was yesterday)

me pocket JJ ..

Board.. 9 8 2 3 6

Ended all in vs a very aggressive player -

He has AA... feck! He min raised preflop as well! Lost $45 on that

After winning the Nuts at 3 Sisters last week I was out after about 4 hands last night!

Got A8 clubs to the right of the button and its limped and folded round to me, raise to 300 (blinds were still 25, 50!) guy on the button calls and big blind calls.

Flop comes Qh5c4c. I bet 300 again and guy on the button calls other guy folds.

Turn comes 6c. Ive made the nut flush and check it to him, he bets 700 and I raise to 1400 total which he calls

River comes 5h I push all in and he calls

I turn over my nut flush and he shows 5,6 hes rivered a full house and i'm out! Spewing!

I'm (relatively) new to poker, should i have done anything diferently here or was I just unlucky? Thinking back maybe i could have gone all in on the turn but I had the nuts at that point so pretty sure i wanted a call!

You didn't do anything wrong in my opinion. He made 2 questionable calls, on the flop he only had mid pair. On the turn, he had 2 pair but you've check raised him which should be a sign to him that you are beating 2 pair.

He got lucky, you got unlucky.

Been watching a fait bit on TV recently, and the top pros go on about all you can do is make the right decisions, try and ignore the luck factor, doesn't matter when you get knocked out, as long as you make the right decisions, ie sticking ur chips in ahead, or folding big hands, then you've played well.

Look guys. A couple of you seem to be capable players but if you take poker serious in any shape or form then you have to work on your bankroll management. I'm off the back of my worst down swing ever(34 buy ins) and the only reason i survived it was because i have a bankroll that can support it. Sticking your entire roll on high stakes table is just plain stupid and i doubt you will get away with it again.

Obviously if you do it for fun then by all means gamble away but if any of you have aspirations of becoming solid winning players then 1st thing you need to work on is bankroll management.

You played it perfect. You got the most amount of money into the put when you had the nuts (4th street).. You said you are new but you'd be surprised how hard it is to do this. When you have a big (massive) hand, you really need people to bet into you.

You were just very unlucky.

I know how you feel

Look guys. A couple of you seem to be capable players but if you take poker serious in any shape or form then you have to work on your bankroll management. I'm off the back of my worst down swing ever(34 buy ins) and the only reason i survived it was because i have a bankroll that can support it. Sticking your entire roll on high stakes table is just plain stupid and i doubt you will get away with it again.

Obviously if you do it for fun then by all means gamble away but if any of you have aspirations of becoming solid winning players then 1st thing you need to work on is bankroll management.

Spot on... Good runs and bad runs...

I'm playing 10c 25 c tables and have a bankroll of about $1000 that I am prepared to play with. (sold house recently),. Had about $200 blown out over the last week. O well.. I'll put another hundred in and start again.

Bankroll Management

My problem is that I seem to play solid for a couple of hours. Take my $25 up to 35 or $50 then lose it all in one hand. Usually putting my chips in while ahead and getting outdrawn by some noob who thinks 2 pair is like trying to pull at a hen night if you looked like Jonny Depp.

O well..

I knew what I was doing was stupid, just seriously frustrated at the moment. Doesn't justify it obviously as it was not the right thing to do, just sick of the run I'm on.

Heading to the Circus this weekend Smak?

OK.. in last 40 mins.. I put my next $150 into full tilt poker. (where I am getting 27% rake back so that is good at least) I played 5 tables with $25 on each table..

I now have over $250. Hit a couple of full houses. So basically I am above where I was this morning before I complained about all my bad beats..

And I managed to leave the table before I lost a big amount in one hand!

AJ suited raise pot preflop, called...

Flop A J 7 - He bets, I call,

Turn - A.... He bets I raise, He reraises, I reraise, He's all in I call..

He turns A7 and the turn is a blank..

Thank you very much.. was about $40 in that hand alone!

Sexton Hardcastle
OK.. in last 40 mins.. I put my next $150 into full tilt poker. (where I am getting 27% rake back so that is good at least) I played 5 tables with $25 on each table..

I now have over $250. Hit a couple of full houses. So basically I am above where I was this morning before I complained about all my bad beats..

And I managed to leave the table before I lost a big amount in one hand!

AJ suited raise pot preflop, called...

Flop A J 7 - He bets, I call,

Turn - A.... He bets I raise, He reraises, I reraise, He's all in I call..

He turns A7 and the turn is a blank..

Thank you very much.. was about $40 in that hand alone!

More fuel to the arguement about the table pitting big hands up against each other to take a big rake. See it so often and its becoming more and more believable

I hope this is a sign of my luck changing here...

Had Aces on a cash table. Flop came 34Q. The other player had pocket 4's all the money went in on turn. And I hit my Ace on river!

:)

Out for a birthday tonight but tempted to head to the casino tomorrow....Any idea of the schedule?

Also cheers for the feedback on my hand from last night! Nice to see you didnt think i did anything wrong!

what is your name on full tilt?

Em, Its Bigsmak

You on there?

More fuel to the arguement about the table pitting big hands up against each other to take a big rake. See it so often and its becoming more and more believable

I've played thousands of hands online and i don't believe its rigged. I've played thousands of hands in the casino as well and have seen it all the time.. AA Vs KK (I was KK in the small blind Vs AA in the BB blind 6 hands into a ?100 game) I've had JJ in the small bind with a A J 3 flop and the BB having AA. Me finishing just outside the money.

Its poker, it happens. Its not rigged. Here is an interesting thread to read!

http://www.cardschat.com/f13/rigged-aa-test-100791/

Out for a birthday tonight but tempted to head to the casino tomorrow....Any idea of the schedule?

Also cheers for the feedback on my hand from last night! Nice to see you didnt think i did anything wrong!

Posted on Page 4

All the Circus re-buy games offer a double points add on system. i.e if its a ?5 re-buy for 500 chips.. You get 1000 chips for a ?5 top up at the end of the re-buy period.

Circus - Games start at 9pm. Last registration at 8.30 (sometimes stretched to 8.45) On Monday and Sat freezeouts you can sign in until 10.20 and join the game late. You will get a 4000 chip starting stack if you join after 9. If you join before 9 you get 5500 chips.

Maybury - Games start at 8pm Register before 7.45. Except Friday - 9pm start and 8.45 final registration (get there early on friday as it is full by 8.35 usually.

MONDAYS

Circus © - ?30 + ?3 NL Freezout -

Maybury (M) - ?25 + ?2 NL - 1 re-buy / Top up

TUESDAYS

C - ?5 + 50p NL Rebuy (120 mins)

M - ?20 + ?2 NL Rebuy (105 mins) - Double Add on.

WEDNESDAYS

C - ?20+ ?2 NL Rebuy (120 mins)

M - ?10 + ?1 NL Deepstack Rebuy (1500 chips) (105 mins)

THURSDAY

M - ?30 + ?3 NL Rebuy (105 mins) - Double Add on.

FRIDAY

C - ?10 + ?1 NL Rebuy (120 mins)

M - ?10 + ?1 NL Rebuy (1000 chips) (105 mins)

SATURDAY

Circus © - ?30 + ?3 NL Freezout

M - Nothing

SUNDAY

C - ?25 + ?2 NL - 1 re-buy / Top up

Hope this helps.

Circus Phone - 0131 228 4446

Maybury Phone - 0131 338 4444

In Absentia
Posted on Page 4

All the Circus re-buy games offer a double points add on system. i.e if its a ?5 re-buy for 500 chips.. You get 1000 chips for a ?5 top up at the end of the re-buy period.

Circus - Games start at 9pm. Last registration at 8.30 (sometimes stretched to 8.45) On Monday and Sat freezeouts you can sign in until 10.20 and join the game late. You will get a 4000 chip starting stack if you join after 9. If you join before 9 you get 5500 chips.

Maybury - Games start at 8pm Register before 7.45. Except Friday - 9pm start and 8.45 final registration (get there early on friday as it is full by 8.35 usually.

MONDAYS

Circus © - ?30 + ?3 NL Freezout -

Maybury (M) - ?25 + ?2 NL - 1 re-buy / Top up

TUESDAYS

M - ?20 + ?2 NL Rebuy (105 mins) - Double Add on.

WEDNESDAYS

C - ?20+ ?2 NL Rebuy (120 mins)

THURSDAY

M - ?30 + ?3 NL Rebuy (105 mins) - Double Add on.

FRIDAY

C - ?10 + ?1 NL Rebuy (120 mins)

M - ?10 + ?1 NL Rebuy (1000 chips) (105 mins)

SATURDAY

Circus © - ?30 + ?3 NL Freezout

M - Nothing

SUNDAY

C - ?25 + ?2 NL - 1 re-buy / Top up

Hope this helps.

Circus Phone - 0131 228 4446

Maybury Phone - 0131 338 4444

Theres also a 30+3 freezeout tomorrow afternoon at the Circus which am heading to. Registration from 12 to half 12. Starts at 1. You start with 7000 chips so is quite good value.

Theres also a 30+3 freezeout tomorrow afternoon at the Circus which am heading to. Registration from 12 to half 12. Starts at 1. You start with 7000 chips so is quite good value.

Our own D-McG won that once... Office Poker

http://www.officepoker.net/

There are 2713 registered (in tourney below) to play at the moment with 40 mins left to go. I might give it a miss.

Still only 150 seats.

Full Tilt Poker

Prove it!

lol

Tempted!