Was it worth it

Smith&Weston

Smith&Weston

So all you get from hibs fans is that we spent out with our means.

So let's have a look at some of the facts:

- we were ?20m in debt when Romanov took over;

- ?28m when he left;

- We sold players to the tune of ?20m +

- We seem players like skacel, jammy, fyssas and bedner

- We won 2 Scottish cups and a 2nd place finish;

- we beat hibs 4v0 and 5v1 in major cup games and have list only a handful to them in that time;

So yes, this is a painful season and we are destined for a season in the championship ( which I never ever expected in my life) but if you offered me the past 9 years for this and we come out debt free, I would take it;

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if we had none of the positives we're in the same position as when he came, so all the positives are a bonus.

Even if we had none of the positives we're in the same position as when he came, so all the positives are a bonus.

Exactly.

They ain't bitter eh :jjyay:

Aye, it was worth it because as a fan im only interested in winning football games.

I don`t want the club to go through this again mind you, but if we come out this it`ll all be forgotten in 10,15 years time and we`ll still be able to recall that great day in May2012, May 06 and the season of 2005/06.

Like life itself, football is a journey with ups and downs and you just haveto get on with it. Couldn`t care about Hobonomics or any other whinges about finance. Every club has overspent to some capacity.

Clerry Jambo

Every club has overspent to some capacity.

Very much THIS!!

But the losers luv straw clutching

well worth it, would i like it again with a character like Tan at Cardiff? no way, ma ticker couldn't take it.

it was worth it 10 times over........................

winning 2 cups with both youngsters there, champions league qualifiers,the excitement of the burley run,( both kids moaning from sunday wondering when we were going to the next hearts game). games selling out at tynecastle weeks in advance. i could go on and on.....................

most hibs and indeed any fans outside the old firm will never realise how it felt and the start of the romanov era....................

the alternative was and still is abject mediocrity.................

if we stay down for a couple of years and come back up relatively debt free we will have had an amazing result and dont let anyone, hibbie or not, tell you any different................

Anfield,White Hart Lane, Prague.......not to mention the two drubbings we gave Hibs at Hampden, if we come out of this with the Foundation of Hearts as owners and in the Championship it will have been worth it.

you missed out Hearts became both the first?ever Scottish club and the first?ever British club to reach the new group stage format of the 2004?05 UEFA Cup (now the UEFA Europa League)

Most Hibs fans will revel in us going down, but as I've mentioned plenty of times to them, it's not even close to half of the enjoyment we've had. We've already enjoyed seeing them relegated, whilst having the bonus of winning our first trophy in years, in the same season. They'd have to win the Scottish cup this season just to match that. Never mind the semi in 06 and the 5 1 final. Plus countless other hammerings. We've had some great times and it would take decades for them to experience anything similar, if ever.

you missed out Hearts became both the first?ever Scottish club and the first?ever British club to reach the new group stage format of the 2004?05 UEFA Cup (now the UEFA Europa League)

Didn't think Vlad was in charge then?

Thought he took over just after we qualified.

maroonlegions

So all you get from hibs fans is that we spent out with our means.

So let's have a look at some of the facts:

- we were ?20m in debt when Romanov took over;

- ?28m when he left;

- We sold players to the tune of ?20m +

- We seem players like skacel, jammy, fyssas and bedner

- We won 2 Scottish cups and a 2nd place finish;

- we beat hibs 4v0 and 5v1 in major cup games and have list only a handful to them in that time;

So yes, this is a painful season and we are destined for a season in the championship ( which I never ever expected in my life) but if you offered me the past 9 years for this and we come out debt free, I would take it;

i would like to remind the Hobos that its well worth it after we come out of administration, debt free ,fan owned and starting from fresh run by those that care and love the club.. meanwhile they struggle to fill their now newish shinny new lego stand. how long can that keep the 8.5 going on 9 million debt in check... fact is we destroyed them on the 19th of May we totally put to bed any historical bragging rites they had .. yes it will be worth it just to stick it right back up their sun dont shines when we finally come out of this blackish hole...

kingantti1874

Yes it was worth it, especially when you consider we'd have sold tynecastle and enjoyed none of the stated successes if it never happened..

No brainer

That said, I'm looking forward to a normally run football team for a little while

Didn't think Vlad was in charge then?

Thought he took over just after we qualified.

canny quite remember but I take your word for it still a great achievement though

Yes it was worth it, especially when you consider we'd have sold tynecastle and enjoyed none of the stated successes if it never happened..

No brainer

That said, I'm looking forward to a normally run football team for a little while

I will probably be bored of it after half a season! :lol:

Guest C00l K1d

Worth it.

Put up with a wee bit shite the now and within 2/3 seasons we will have bought ourselves back into European football

:smuggy:

I've been there all the way and loved every minute,

I barely remember the late 50s, only remnants were the pendants on my bedroom wall with the names like Conn Bauld Wardlaw etc reminding me of past glories. Now I have vivid memories of great games and cups topped beautifully by the now legendary 2012 thrashing of our **** down Fester Rd. I never caused our current predicament I could not prevent it either. I could have stayed away and missed it like some of these wallopers think we should have, but no way I'm not into empty green seats. I'm glad I was involved as a supporter and to have been part of the last 10 or so years, no regrets, now though it's payback time and a bit suffering so be it. As the song says we'll be back up, lets hope it's not to far away.

Hell yeah! Were we not supposed to enjoy it? Would they have abstained from attending matches and supporting the club if the shoe was on the other foot? If by some miracle they actually win the Cup while in debt will they choose not to recognise it? I highly doubt it.

We will probably be relegated and that is the price we must pay for our mismanagement that brought us the success. At least we've had that success though.

Hibs on the other hand, were relegated in 1998 and were saved by the skin of their arse in 2012 while having a higher wage budget than most in the league. They now too find themselves in debt and will lose more money the longer we are out of the top Division. They really should concentrate on themselves as it may be them in this position at some point in the future.

Whether it was worth it or not, I say 'aye'- fans of other clubs are hypocrites of the highest order to condemn and whinge (as are we when it suits.)

Still tricky times ahead but it has been a hellish time for Hibs fans. The old no cups in Gorgie chant died and all they've been left with is 73. Maybe that is enough - doubt it.

As have said elsewhere, Romanov is nowt but a crook, but it's been worth it and am already looking forward to getting back into the Premiership in 18 month's time.

It's a little early to tell, but assuming we make it out of administration, it's a huge YES.

It has been a hell of a ride, but if we end up owned by the fans, at Tynecastle, what a great finish to the whole thing.

Am keeping my fingers crossed, all the same :-)

I'll make my mind up on the question when we get out of administration.

Yes, too early to say on the French Revolution far less the RomanovRevolution :)

Psychedelicropcircle

If we get out of admin it'll have been worth it as Tynie had a ?24 m price tag on it before vlad came on board and selling for considerably less now. Who knows where we'd have been if pieman had sold then to cala.

Tommy Wiseau

Even if the only positive was the picture of the monkey in the Sun Sport t-shirt, it was worth it.

You bet your life it was.Skacel,Bednar etc when would we have ever seen their likes Oh! and of course 1-5 its another chapter in HMFC and will be remembered good or bad I would not change a thing.

I've been there all the way and loved every minute,

I barely remember the late 50s, only remnants were the pendants on my bedroom wall with the names like Conn Bauld Wardlaw etc reminding me of past glories. Now I have vivid memories of great games and cups topped beautifully by the now legendary 2012 thrashing of our **** down Fester Rd. I never caused our current predicament I could not prevent it either. I could have stayed away and missed it like some of these wallopers think we should have, but no way I'm not into empty green seats. I'm glad I was involved as a supporter and to have been part of the last 10 or so years, no regrets, now though it's payback time and a bit suffering so be it. As the song says we'll be back up, lets hope it's not to far away.

I think you might have meant Wardhaugh rather than Wardlaw. I remember Peter Wardlaw signing for Hearts but a bit post terrible trio time.

I think you might have meant Wardhaugh rather than Wardlaw. I remember Peter Wardlaw signing for Hearts but a bit post terrible trio time.

Sorry my mistake it's what happens when you rely on corrective spelling and not re reading what you've typed.

Edit and a couple of wines.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Conn Bauld and Wardlaw ??????

It's about time Bauld and Conn had streets named after them in Gorgie, just like Jimmy Wardlaw.

maroonlegions

the Hobo pain of the 19th of May raises its ugly heid again.... lol... if Calsberg did pain thresholds...lol

862754_537312832975653_1396663834_n.jpg?oh=6f6f946d0a91112ebe59ee0bedba5ea6&oe=52CA990F&__gda__=1389029358_05c1744610379f7e1519049ca74fd12d

Spoke to one of the most passionate hibs fans you'll ever meet tonight (not a hibs.net throbber) and he said he'd bite your hand off for a dash at what we had under Romanov.

He also gave me a peice by peice run down of his cup final weekend. Feel cruel to say this but it was incredibly :pleasing:

Personal favourite of mine :)

To answer the op

Was it worth it?

Every single day of the week! Give me it again and will repeat over and over!

Hibs have sold around ?15m worth of players in the same period and yet are in debt to the tune of around ?9m which suggests that they have also been living outwith their means. But as the knight says in The Last Crusade - they chose poorly - and have nothing to show for it.

Archived