Was it worth it

Smith&Weston

Hibs have sold around ?15m worth of players in the same period and yet are in debt to the tune of around ?9m which suggests that they have also been living outwith their means. But as the knight says in The Last Crusade - they chose poorly - and have nothing to show for it.

Hibs declared debt of ?5.5M.

They have a finished (albeit crap) stadium, & their own training ground.

None of this worries me, but it is fact.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I am on my death bed I know that 19th May 2012 will have been one if the most significant dates in my life and will lie back with a smile in my heart. As much as the Hobos love to deny it the same date will follow them to the grave for the opposite reason. Therefore it was worth every single second.

Roman bender's goal against rangers was worth it alone! Never seen the main stand shake so much in my life! That was the moment when we did start believing!

Semis in 06 and 12, SPH's penalty v Aberdeen ... not to mention 5-1.

Can there be any doubt? It was worth every minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in fifty years time I'll chuckle at the name kurskis and I'll bore everyone rigid with tales about Hartley and Skacel and Fyssas and Zaliukas...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think the fact we feel this way hurts them more than anything... They thought we would all be greeting and full of regrets. Instead, we racked up some of the best football experiences of our lives, and will still be around afterwards.

They are :seething: about this.

Seymour M Hersh

Let's be clear here folks. At no time did the Heart of Midlothian cheat. At no time. Please stop pandering to the vermin by even jokingly suggesting that we did and t was worth cheating. We won all the trophy's (the ones they can't) fair and square.

If we stay in business then yes. I would absolutely love to revisit this question in a year or two when we're back where we should be; when we can look back at a beautiful few years and can see this season as a wee blip in our glorious domination of the tramps.

Stunned that our resident Vlad haters are speechless on this thread.

I think there are some posters that need Romanov more than us.

in fifty years time I'll chuckle at the name kurskis and I'll bore everyone rigid with tales about Hartley and Skacel and Fyssas and Zaliukas...

While the hobbits regale their grandkids of the time that Liam Craig scored an 83rd minute penalty to beat Hearts under 20's 2-1 at home. Yaas.

rossthejambo

Worth every second. No question of that. Anyone who says otherwise is no Hearts fan.

I think the fact we feel this way hurts them more than anything... They thought we would all be greeting and full of regrets. Instead, we racked up some of the best football experiences of our lives, and will still be around afterwards.

They are :seething: about this.

They are.

Even having to walk past mocked up oil paintings of Rudi holding up the cup in shops in the Gyle is a horrible reminder of that day.

Administration or not, they have to live with that reality. Our names on that cup. Again. After humiliating them 5-1.

:jjyay:

Worth every single brilliantly mental second. God yes. If you're going out, you might as well do it with a bang... And what a bang it was.

I wouldn't swap the last 9 years for anything.

While the hobbits regale their grandkids of the time that Liam Craig scored an 83rd minute penalty to beat Hearts under 20's 2-1 at home. Yaas.

Precisely. :laugh:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

They are.

Even having to walk past mocked up oil paintings of Rudi holding up the cup in shops in the Gyle is a horrible reminder of that day.

Administration or not, they have to live with that reality. Our names on that cup. Again. After humiliating them 5-1.

Like an icicle right through the heart I would imagine.

:pleasing:

So all you get from hibs fans is that we spent out with our means.

So let's have a look at some of the facts:

- we were ?20m in debt when Romanov took over;

- ?28m when he left;

- We sold players to the tune of ?20m +

- We seem players like skacel, jammy, fyssas and bedner

- We won 2 Scottish cups and a 2nd place finish;

- we beat hibs 4v0 and 5v1 in major cup games and have list only a handful to them in that time;

So yes, this is a painful season and we are destined for a season in the championship ( which I never ever expected in my life) but if you offered me the past 9 years for this and we come out debt free, I would take it;

It all depends on whether FoH can take control. If they do .....

then yes.

It's incredibly pleasing to know that none of them "genuinely" know what it feels like with the elation we had.

Pumping your biggest rivals twice at Hampden by four goal margins, the latter being in the final and putting five past them.

Qualifying for the Champions League

Feeling like you're in a title race against the Old Firm.

Winning the Scottish Cup.

Scoring to take the lead at Anfield.

Drawing with Tottenham at White Hart Lane.

The pre-match build up and full house against a premiership team the size of Tottenham - seeing the worlds most expensive player - now with Real Madrid - play against you're Riccarton-bred Jambo mad Australian internationalist right back.

Have a Champions league winner, Uefa Cup winner and Euro 2004 winner all play in the same team together.

Winning the Scottish cup on penalties

That trip home from Hampden to Edinburgh after bagging the Scottish Cup. The parties into the night.

All of these memories, remember that a Hibs fan has not experienced one of them in their lives. Not one.

Gregory House M.D.

Not worth it until we get the shares.

duckandcover

When I am on my death bed I know that 19th May 2012 will have been one if the most significant dates in my life and will lie back with a smile in my heart. As much as the Hobos love to deny it the same date will follow them to the grave for the opposite reason. Therefore it was worth every single second.

Hard to disagree with this. Without question THE greatest weekend of my life.

duckandcover

It's incredibly pleasing to know that none of them "genuinely" know what it feels like with the elation we had.

Pumping your biggest rivals twice at Hampden by four goal margins, the latter being in the final and putting five past them.

The pre-match build up and full house against a premiership team the size of Tottenham - seeing the worlds most expensive player - now with Real Madrid - play against you're Riccarton-bred Jambo mad Australian internationalist right back.

Have a Champions league winner, Uefa Cup winner and Euro 2004 winner all play in the same team together.

That trip home from Hampden to Edinburgh after bagging the Scottish Cup. The parties into the night.

All of these memories, remember that a Hibs fan has not experienced one of them in their lives. Not one.

But but what about the first to play in green and floodlight inventors!?! :D

No matter what happens, we've had theses moments that any jambo will take to their grave...and ken what, this Hearts still beating!

Seymour M Hersh

Hard to disagree with this. Without question THE greatest weekend of my life.

As great as it was 16/5/98 (the weekend) was and always will be my finest . No offence but as an old fart never having seen us win squat that day was the greatest release of joy and emotion ever.

I wish we'd spent more.

Maybe even maimed a kid or kicked a whole skulk of foxes to death on our path to Scottish Cup victory.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I wish we'd spent more.

Maybe even maimed a kid or kicked a whole skulk of foxes to death on our path to Scottish Cup victory.

:pleasing:

Extra kudos for the "skulk of foxes". :D

Their greatest hero from the last 20 years, ******* hates them, ours comes back to Edinburgh to pull pints to raise money for the club!

It's not even close!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I wish we'd spent more.

We can take comfort in the huge number of elderly Lithuanians we robbed of their pensions on our way to cup glory.

Roman bender's goal against rangers was worth it alone! Never seen the main stand shake so much in my life! That was the moment when we did start believing!

Yes that was the moment.

Geoff Kilpatrick

We can take comfort in the huge number of elderly Lithuanians we robbed of their pensions on our way to cup glory.

It was Bosnian pensioners. Do keep up.

You could add in the death of a family member, and it'd still be worth it. We experienced the greatest weekend that anyone in this city ever could have.

And we did it in style.

Watt-Zeefuik

The correct answer.

For me too. If the CVA falls through and we get liquidated, the answer is most definitely no. If we survive, Romanov is still a criminal and a egomaniac, but sure, it was worth it.

Smith&Weston

The liquidation point is interesting as I still think Rangers fans will say it was worth 9 in a row etc etc as they are still here.

I very much agree it was worth it. We turned Hampden from a place of misery to some of the best results of my life. 2 v hibs and 1 magical semi v Celtic where I have never been so buzzing after a 2nd half.

I also seen a player in rudi skacel who was totally incredible and the best left foot to ever grace our turf;

We did make a lot of mistakes which was frustrating, too many to mention, as it could have been an even better period.

Robinson in the other hand started the rot and spent it on petric and Simpson etc

Hibs fans have short memories. What about their days of Davie Duff..... they were on the verge of going under, overspending, bringing in Managers in helicopters!!!!

Where would they be without their sugar daddy?

Maroon Sailor

I'll make my mind up on the question when we get out of administration.

My thoughts as well

Maroon Sailor

I never knew Obua had a swimming pool! What's your favourite Hearts memory Winnie?

Dens Park 86 probably

Geoff Kilpatrick

The eve of our overspending snowball that led us to where we are now.

We were overspending then. We lost ?2m that season.

Maybe Winnie wanted the Pieman to stay.

They are.

Remember the Sky Sports bill boards all over the city, no the country, with the centre piece being Rudi giving them the shoosh.

So do they.

Hibs fans have short memories. What about their days of Davie Duff..... they were on the verge of going under, overspending, bringing in Managers in helicopters!!!!

Where would they be without their sugar daddy?

But did they think it was worth it?

Yes. Lots of trauma and poor , poor decisions by owner leading to missed opportunities esp over league challenge and stadium. But; and bearing in mind most wealthy football owners act stupidly - the prospect of debt free, responsible and fan responsive ownership makes it worthwhile. 2 Scottish Cups, 05/06 season, seeing some quality players, fixing the disaster left by Robinson tenure etc and galvanising the support to save the club with all that that has brought.

Worth it. And a fine future is ahead.

maroonlegions

Remember the Sky Sports bill boards all over the city, no the country, with the centre piece being Rudi giving them the shoosh.

So do they.

303556_511862278840347_153587995_n.jpg

Archived