Was it worth it

Smith&Weston

Samuel Camazzola

I wish we'd spent more.

Maybe even maimed a kid or kicked a whole skulk of foxes to death on our path to Scottish Cup victory.

Regarding the World Cup star striker Vlad said we'd sign, he didn't specify which World Cup. Could it be from this year's...? ;-)

If not, I'd currently settle for Joe Jordan based on what we have.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tartofmidlothian

We were messed anyway.

It was well worth it.

It would have been worth it for 5-1 alone.

Shame Vlad didn't work on cutting our debt, mind you.

queensferryjambo

As long as the club come out of administration then of course it was worth it.

5-1 in a Scottish Cup final against H1b5 you couldn't buy that for all the money in the world - any they know that as well :)

Francis Albert

I'd say ask me in ten years. If Hearts are alive and a top tier club with manageable debt then the answer would have to be an unequivocal yes.

Most importantly we are still at TYNECASTLE

I don't think that is the most important thing, but there is certainly a case to be made that without Vlad a move to Murrayfield (with a still substantial level of debt -

anything like the headline Cala deal number would never have been achieved after the planning consent process)the future might have been very bleak and liquidation (without

the consolation pleasures of the Vlad years) a possibility.

I'd say ask me in ten years. If Hearts are alive and a top tier club with manageable debt then the answer would have to be an unequivocal yes.

You've got a bit greedy. Surely it's just "if Hearts are alive". Romanov was always no more than a life support machine. Top tier club with managable debt is the perfect scenario for a football club. Easier said than done.

Let's just concentrate on being alive for now.

To quote old Benito, 'Better to live a day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep'.

Fits perfectly here. Course it was ******* worth it.

Francis Albert

You've got a bit greedy. Surely it's just "if Hearts are alive". Romanov was always no more than a life support machine. Top tier club with managable debt is the perfect scenario for a football club. Easier said than done.

Let's just concentrate on being alive for now.

I am not sure that expecting as part of the legacy that Hearts remain a regular top flight club is being greedy. Put it another way, if in ten years time we are in

unmanageable debt and were a regular second tier club, I would not be able to answer the question unequivocally yes, while, as the other part of my post said, not being able

either to say unequivocally "no".

Francis Albert

To quote old Benito, 'Better to live a day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep'.

Fits perfectly here. Course it was ******* worth it.

Only really valid if those were his last words. Otherwise easy bombast, a Benito speciality.

I am not sure that expecting as part of the legacy that Hearts remain a regular top flight club is being greedy. Put it another way, if in ten years time we are in

unmanageable debt and were a regular second tier club, I would not be able to answer the question unequivocally yes, while, as the other part of my post said, not being able

either to say unequivocally "no".

As opposed to playing at Murrayfield crippled by rent payments while walking past Gorgie looking at new builds where the stadium used to rest. Give me 10 years in the first division over that.

Whenever I need to be reminded of the SHEER QUALITY of football we played then, I watch this and smile in my Heart.....................

http://youtu.be/fI18Eijg6dw

I thoroughly enjoyed that! :wub:

Please please please can someone show it to that miserable bunch of kids we have in our changing room? ASAP.

:

John Colquhoun

All worth it? Now we are left with a bunch of kids fighting for our lifes. And so called 'fans' boo the kids and young manager.

Geoff Kilpatrick

All worth it? Now we are left with a bunch of kids fighting for our lifes. And so called 'fans' boo the kids and young manager.

Is that a No then?

Worth it. Better to live a day as a lion. ......

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

ToadKiller Dog

Watching Rudi , Hartley and co rampage through every team in Scotland , cup semis and finals .

Takis Fysas lalala . Of course it was worth it .

Ok we are in one hell of a hangover the kind where you wake up next to Jabba the huts sister and you have lost yer wallet and mobile and been sick in yer shoe .

But you still think well that was one hell of a night with a big smile on yer face .

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Let's be clear here folks. At no time did the Heart of Midlothian cheat. At no time. Please stop pandering to the vermin by even jokingly suggesting that we did and t was worth cheating. We won all the trophy's (the ones they can't) fair and square.

Especially the 5-1 game. Hibs team cost more than ours that day with their highly paid EPL loanees and we played more youth academy graduates.

Snake Plissken

Definitely worth it.

Two major trophies and regular European football as opposed to what we're going through now but a few years earlier.

Hell, I think May 2012 is worth all of it.

Anyone who thinks it was not worth it especially 5 -1is mad as we were in the same debt 20 years ago or more

Franco Fascione

If we come through admin and there is still a club to support next season, then yes. If there's no Jam Tarts to support, then Piesy and the Mad Yin should be put in stocks and pelted with rotten vegetables.....

Archived