Tim Sherwood

scott_jambo

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An appointment to placate the fans, nothing more, nothing less. Fully expect them to start off with a few exciting wins but eventually lose the dressing room and slide down the table.

Carl Fredrickson

Surely Hoddle would have been a better appointment? He was touting himself in the press over the weekend and said he would be happy to do the job for the rest of the season.

Cant believe they have appointed Sherwood - this will haunt them.

He got the job. :rofl:

I thought he was only interested in it long term? :cornette:

http://www.mirror.co...herwood-2953181

Until the end of next season is still a fabulous deal for him. I highly doubt it'll last that long though. 8th place at best beckons IMO.

But for **** sake Spurs. For **** sake. Just what the **** is wrong with that club? A complete snake leaks stuff out of the dressing room for months designed to undermine the manager and get himself installed instead. And what do they do? They reward him and give him the job.

It's just unbelievable. They're a joke.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Great appointment and the correct decision.

Spurs will become decent to watch again thank goodness.

Would be interesting to see what people think would constitute this appointment proving to be a success?

Eg finishing place this season and/or next.

Would be interesting to see what people think would constitute this appointment proving to be a success?

Eg finishing place this season and/or next.

Top 4.

Out of the top 6 = out and out failure.

An appointment to placate the fans, nothing more, nothing less. Fully expect them to start off with a few exciting wins but eventually lose the dressing room and slide down the table.

Do you really think that will placate the fans?

I can't imagine they'll be too happy at this development.

Top 4.

Out of the top 6 = out and out failure.

Personally couldn't see anyone taking the current Spurs squad into the top 4 for this season. Next season, if given a hundred-odd million to spend, that would be a reasonable target.

On top of everything else, he's an Arsenal fan! :lol:

He'll play pretty much all out attack. That suits their Hibs style mentality about Spurs playing football the right way.

A Locke-esque appointment if true.

Similarities are uncanny. I wonder if he'll make a rip roaring shop fro t of things?

AVB to Sherwood is like Mr Sergio to the Plumber TBH.

Fascinating facts: Tim Sherwood was once convicted for dumping rubbish in the Norfolk countryside. Should've thrown away the key tbh. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm as close to seething as I ever have been about my kiddy on team.

**** sake.

:rofl:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

What's this about him not having a UEFA Pro Licence? A requirement for managing in the top flight.

This, this and thrice this :laugh:

What a ******* joke.

I'm as close to seething as I ever have been about my kiddy on team.

**** sake.

Seymour M Hersh

Similarities are uncanny. I wonder if he'll make a rip roaring shop fro t of things?

Makes a rare cup of tea so I'm told.

How can you judge his management skills without him having managed yet?

Sherwood seems a total ******, granted, but he could be a fantastic manager for all we know.

indeed, but there are fans out there who are fixated with foreign managers. I remember the gushing praise of AVB on here during his time at Porto and its not been great since for the guy.

Maybe he would have been a success and many are quick to point out stats but that`s just being a little bit blinkered. You have to look at the manner in which Spurs were playing, recent erratic results with two major horsings off two clubs they should be competing with tooth and nail. Whether Levy is right , time will tell, but Chairmen or Chief Execs have to do more than look at stats, you have to make a judgement on what you are seeing in front of you and ask if you are really seeing a future or a decline?

Teams can paper over cracks with results for a period until the rails really come off and i think that`s where Spurs were going.

What's this about him not having a UEFA Pro Licence? A requirement for managing in the top flight.

Exactly. Naturally, he's been given an exemption from this golden rule. Obviously he was never that serious about a career in football management. Or he'd have done something about it by now.

indeed, but there are fans out there who are fixated with foreign managers. I remember the gushing praise of AVB on here during his time at Porto and its not been great since for the guy.

Maybe he would have been a success and many are quick to point out stats but that`s just being a little bit blinkered. You have to look at the manner in which Spurs were playing, recent erratic results with two major horsings off two clubs they should be competing with tooth and nail. Whether Levy is right , time will tell, but Chairmen or Chief Execs have to do more than look at stats, you have to make a judgement on what you are seeing in front of you and ask if you are really seeing a future or a decline?

Teams can paper over cracks with results for a period until the rails really come off and i think that`s where Spurs were going.

Most people didn't agree with the sacking of Harry Redknapp, so I don't see how there is a fixation with forein managers.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Spurs will be fine, all this pish about finishing in the top 4 is utter Shite as well.

Spurs are one club that are fabulously run and although sometimes its mindboggling, their support wants entertaining before anything else, even wins believe it or not.

They spent big last summer but also made a massive profit and they will have another ?90m in the bank account in the summer. They bought young players in the last window that will take a great deal of time to settle and I reckon AVB would still be in charge if he hadn't been an arrogant tosser who played pishy Mourinho type defensive football.

Sherwood will get WHL buzzing again and for that reason alone he is the right man for the job. Time will tell whether he is any good or not and if he isn't any good he will be moved out and someone else will get a shot, just as it should be.

Spurs will be fine, all this pish about finishing in the top 4 is utter Shite as well.

Spurs are one club that are fabulously run and although sometimes its mindboggling, their support wants entertaining before anything else, even wins believe it or not.

They spent big last summer but also made a massive profit and they will have another ?90m in the bank account in the summer. They bought young players in the last window that will take a great deal of time to settle and I reckon AVB would still be in charge if he hadn't been an arrogant tosser who played pishy Mourinho type defensive football.

Sherwood will get WHL buzzing again and for that reason alone he is the right man for the job. Time will tell whether he is any good or not and if he isn't any good he will be moved out and someone else will get a shot, just as it should be.

You're obviously closer to WHL an Tottenham than me, but from what I'm hearing, while some are open to giving Sherwood a shot due to the AVB failure, alot of the Spurs fans are incredibly unsure about this appointment, others have heard the stories of him personally and of course that he "used" to support Arsenal.

I don't see him as the man to get WHL buzzing again. I agree AVB would still be in charge if his own ego didn't de-motivate the players. As others have mentioned, Gary Locke has a higher level of coaching badges than Tim Sherwood. Very strange.

Personally I'm comfortable with the situation - it gives me a geniune guy to hate, while AVB I was quite "meh" about.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

You're obviously closer to WHL an Tottenham than me, but from what I'm hearing, while some are open to giving Sherwood a shot due to the AVB failure, alot of the Spurs fans are incredibly unsure about this appointment, others have heard the stories of him personally and of course that he "used" to support Arsenal.

I don't see him as the man to get WHL buzzing again. I agree AVB would still be in charge if his own ego didn't de-motivate the players. As others have mentioned, Gary Locke has a higher level of coaching badges than Tim Sherwood. Very strange.

Personally I'm comfortable with the situation - it gives me a geniune guy to hate, while AVB I was quite "meh" about.

A lot closer, I go and watch them quite frequently because er indoors is a supporter.

All real Spurs supporters I know never mentioned AVB as a person until after he was punted and all the usual guff becomes public knowledge. All of them where sick of the style of play though and the chopping and changing and bizarre substitutions. Usual football supporter gripes I suppose.

I personally think he will do alright.

?100m on new players to add to an already fabulous squad.

Get the guy who puts the cones out to manage them :lol:

Given Adebayor has already had his one good game for the next 9/10 months, they are fecked :lol:

Gregory House M.D.

With decent management that spurs squad could easily make the top 4. ?100m needed to add to:

Lloris

Walker Chiriches Vertonghen Rose

Dembele Sandro

Lamela Sigurdsson Eriksen

Soldado

Just a thrown together team from their squad. I somehow doubt it.

With decent management that spurs squad could easily make the top 4. ?100m needed to add to:

Lloris

Walker Chiriches Vertonghen Rose

Dembele Sandro

Lamela Sigurdsson Eriksen

Soldado

Just a thrown together team from their squad. I somehow doubt it.

I think you might have misread me - I was saying they spent ?100m on players in the summer and have given the task of managing them to the English Gary Locke :lol:

They don't need any more players now that Danny Rose is back from injury. A cracking squad, and your team above is not even their best IMO.

Gregory House M.D.

I think you might have misread me - I was saying they spent ?100m on players in the summer and have given the task of managing them to the English Gary Locke :lol:

They don't need any more players now that Danny Rose is back from injury. A cracking squad, and your team above is not even their best IMO.

Sorry was replying to the guy that posted they'd need a further ?100m of investement to make the top 4.

Sorry was replying to the guy that posted they'd need a further ?100m of investement to make the top 4.

Cool, never read that post. No danger :lol:

Gregory House M.D.

Cool, never read that post. No danger :lol:

Spend ?100m adding to that squad and they'd stroll the league never mind top 4.

Gregory House M.D.

On an interesting note, if you were spurs' gaffer and did get ?100m to spend on that squad who would you buy?

A RB, CB, CDM and possibly another CAM like Toni Kroos would be top of my list and could easily have them right up there.

Oh, ma sides.

Purely in terms of player quality, I would argue that Arsenal were further away from a title challenge before bringing Flamini and Ozil in than Spurs are now. A good few players who will need time to settle and show what they can do, like Lamela, Soldado and Eriksen, but add one genuine world class striker or playmaker to that group and they wouldn't be far away from contention.

Gregory House M.D.

Oh, ma sides.

?100m+ could probably buy you Mats Hummels and Toni Kroos with change to spare. Even adding the likes of Neven Subotic or Raphael Varane would already put their defence at least on a par with Manchester City's one man band.

Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado, Vertonghen, Dembele and the likes are all very classy players who could easily slot in to a league winning team.

Purely in terms of player quality, I would argue that Arsenal were further away from a title challenge before bringing Flamini and Ozil in than Spurs are now. A good few players who will need time to settle and show what they can do, like Lamela, Soldado and Eriksen, but add one genuine world class striker or playmaker to that group and they wouldn't be far away from contention.

From what I have seen, I largely agree. Spurs have a decent squad in terms, but lack the genuinely top notch players that the current top 4 (plus Man U) all have one or two of. If you added a Bale, or a Suarez or an Ozil, then I think they would be genuine title contenders.

However, GBP100M would probably only buy you one, or perhaps two, player(s) of that calibre. To suggest it would allow them to enough quality players who would turn them from mid-table also-rans into a team capable of "strolling" the league is laughable, in my opinion.

Gregory House M.D.

Perfect example. If Spurs had signed Ozil their attack would be absolutely frightening and far better than the current Arsenal one IMO.

Can we stop all this piss about AVB being a shite manager! One team he build win the champions league, the 2nd was 2pts away from top 4 when he got sacked!

Gregory House M.D.

From what I have seen, I largely agree. Spurs have a decent squad in terms, but lack the genuinely top notch players that the current top 4 (plus Man U) all have one or two of. If you added a Bale, or a Suarez or an Ozil, then I think they would be genuine title contenders.

However, GBP100M would probably only buy you one, or perhaps two, player(s) of that calibre. To suggest it would allow them to enough quality players who would turn them from mid-table also-rans into a team capable of "strolling" the league is laughable, in my opinion.

You seem to think the quality of this squad is "mid-table". That in it's self is laughably wrong. Stick the two players I suggested in there:

Lloris

Walker Hummels Vertonghen Rose

Sandro Dembele

Lamela Kroos Eriksen

Soldado

Easily up there when the team gelled.

Archived