Tim Sherwood

scott_jambo

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He thinks he has what it takes to be Spurs manager, wants a 10 year contract, giving it, "no club needs a project - they need results" like he has managed more than 1 professional game in his career. Lots of digs at Andre Villas Boas. He just comes across as a total bell.

Makes me wonder if he is Daniel Levy's lovechild. Surely theres no chance he can be near the managerial post.

He does seem to be arrogant as ****, which is fine if you can back it up. I quite like his team selection today and I reckon Spurs are at least going to be more exciting to watch under him.

He thinks he has what it takes to be Spurs manager, wants a 10 year contract, giving it, "no club needs a project - they need results" like he has managed more than 1 professional game in his career. Lots of digs at Andre Villas Boas. He just comes across as a total bell.

Makes me wonder if he is Daniel Levy's lovechild. Surely theres no chance he can be near the managerial post.

I hope to god he gets the gig! He is there Gary Locke!

It's funny how he says a club doesn't need a project, while comes up against Southampton today. A club which in league one sorted out their youth system and they have rose to the top end of the premier league while selling on players like Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott, Oxlade Chamberlain and bringing through a new crop each time.

Terrible having a project. Fergie and Guardiola clearly have no idea, they should listen to Tim Sherwood.

It's funny how he says a club doesn't need a project, while comes up against Southampton today. A club which in league one sorted out their youth system and they have rose to the top end of the premier league while selling on players like Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott, Oxlade Chamberlain and bringing through a new crop each time.

Terrible having a project. Fergie and Guardiola clearly have no idea, they should listen to Tim Sherwood.

I doubt Fergie and Guardiola's projects would have lasted long without results.

I doubt Fergie and Guardiola's projects would have lasted long without results.

I doubt Man Utd or Barca would be where they are now without a project.

The main point was that this Sherwood freak is a detestable cretin.

In all my years watching Ferguson, have never heard him mention the work he done at United once with the word "project" in it. If there was a project when he went to them, it must have involved spunking loads of money on loads of players.

I doubt Man Utd or Barca would be where they are now without a project.

I think they are both where they are (below Everton and Newcastle/Atletico Madrid...) because they are two of the richest clubs in the world.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Sherwood has Spurs playing better than they have all season so far. Out working a very decent saints side, there won't be many teams do that this season.

Read an article which heavily implied that Sherwood was responsible for leaks coming out of WHL. It has since been removed but the coincidences are pretty stark - press that hated AVB are giving Sherwood the benefit of the doubt now. He has gained the most from AVB's sacking.

Snakey *****.

Arsenal fan too.

I think they are both where they are (below Everton and Newcastle/Atletico Madrid...) because they are two of the richest clubs in the world.

Forgot about when Fergie took them over?

Or when Barca where in the Uefa cup season after season before their project was implemented.

In all my years watching Ferguson, have never heard him mention the work he done at United once with the word "project" in it. If there was a project when he went to them, it must have involved spunking loads of money on loads of players.

Yeh, Fergie done nowt with youngsters right enough.

Sherwood has Spurs playing better than they have all season so far. Out working a very decent saints side, there won't be many teams do that this season.

Definitely much more interesting to watch.

Yeh, Fergie done nowt with youngsters right enough.

I never he said he didn't. The youngsters started to come in to play a bit further down the line for him. Take 10 mins out and have a look at some of the players he brought in to the club when he taken them over.

You're kidding?

He totally revamped the youth system, with the dream of taking it back to the Busby babes era, he was down with his youth coaches watching kids in the greater manchester area, visiting their familes to make sure they are on board and bringing them through.

Madness chat there GA. If ever there was a one-man revolution it was there.

I never he said he didn't. The youngsters started to come in to play a bit further down the line for him. Take 10 mins out and have a look at some of the players he brought in to the club when he taken them over.

Projects are - by definition - long term.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Sherwood is making AVB look a complete arse here, icing on the cake would be a Soldado goal from open play.

You're kidding?

He totally revamped the youth system, with the dream of taking it back to the Busby babes era, he was down with his youth coaches watching kids in the greater manchester area, visiting their familes to make sure they are on board and bringing them through.

Madness chat there GA. If ever there was a one-man revolution it was there.

I know that he was heavily involved in reshaping the youth system at United - which as my post to Jytees states. Obviously to get players coming through takes time and is not an overnight fix. When he came in, he spunked loads of money on players who for the most turned out to be not good enough for them. Have never heard Ferguson using the fashionable new word "project" that has crept its way in to football in the last couple of years.

I'm struggling to see what is wrong with what I have said.

Projects are - by definition - long term.

Projects end, or the person heading the project is sacked if results on a Saturday are not correct.

I know that he was heavily involved in reshaping the youth system at United - which as my post to Jytees states. Obviously to get players coming through takes time and is not an overnight fix. When he came in, he spunked loads of money on players who for the most turned out to be not good enough for them. Have never heard Ferguson using the fashionable new word "project" that has crept its way in to football in the last couple of years.

I'm struggling to see what is wrong with what I have said.

So what your saying is he had a project but never used the word project. Nothing wrong with that in any case.

Cruyff brought his project to Barcelona and Guardiola perfected it.

I think paulo sergio came to Hearts with a project, but wasn't allowed to get close to implementing it. Levein had a project when he went to Dundee United.

Projects end, or the person heading the project is sacked if results on a Saturday are not correct.

The point is an absence of a project and only looking at the next game each week is not sustainable. it's naive.

Mourinho has a project at Chelsea right now, he has alot of raw young guys there but he sees where he can develop them a couple years down the line. It was the same with Wenger when he was getting stick a couple of years ago for his flakey young arsenal team.

I'm not saying he didn't spend any cash either but Fergie transformed United from top to bottom starting at grass roots. One of the first things he did was to implement a scouting network like no other. He was out most nights getting his hands dirty. Youngsters came into play a bit further down the line because of this. The class of 92 weren't discovered in 91 were they?

Don't forget results didn't happen overnight either and if the owners at the time didn't buy into the "project", Fergie and United's success would never have happened.

So what your saying is he had a project but never used the word project. Nothing wrong with that in any case.

Cruyff brought his project to Barcelona and Guardiola perfected it.

I think paulo sergio came to Hearts with a project, but wasn't allowed to get close to implementing it. Levein had a project when he went to Dundee United.

If a project is sorting out the youth system and spunking loads of money on players that were not good enough to take you to where you need to go, then I guess he had a project.

I'm not saying he didn't spend any cash either but Fergie transformed United from top to bottom starting at grass roots. One of the first things he did was to implement a scouting network like no other. He was out most nights getting his hands dirty. Youngsters came into play a bit further down the line because of this. The class of 92 weren't discovered in 91 were they?

Don't forget results didn't happen overnight either and if the owners at the time didn't buy into the "project", Fergie and United's success would never have happened.

Obviously the players coming through in 92 were not discovered in 91. The United board were one game and a Mark Robins goal away from giving him the sack. Robins scored and he kept his job, the rest id history.

Obviously the players coming through in 92 were not discovered in 91. The United board were one game and a Mark Robins goal away from giving him the sack. Robins scored and he kept his job, the rest id history.

Whether that's true or not GA that was 1990. 4 years down the line. I think the board were well on side with what he was trying to build.

Whether that's true or not GA that was 1990. 4 years down the line. I think the board were well on side with what he was trying to build.

I think they were as well - results almost dictated that Ferguson's time at United was close to going another way.

Great result today. AVB is the football equivalent of some obscure university academic, completely detached from reality.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Forgot about when Fergie took them over?

Or when Barca where in the Uefa cup season after season before their project was implemented.

My recollection is that Man U were largely mediocre the years before and after Ferguson's appointment. I also recall he was apparent close to the sack until he won a trophy a few years into his tenure. I can't remember any project that kept him in his job in the meantime. But then I was still at primary school, so memory is a bit hazy.

I'm pretty sure that when Guardiola took over as manager, Barcelona were regulars in the latter stages of the Champions League, like most clubs of their stature.

My point was that it is ultimately results that determine whether managers stay in place at big clubs, these days. If you disagree with that, fair enough.

Spurs probably consider themselves a big club, these days, given the amount of money they spend on players.

He strikes me as a weapon. Couldn't even beat a bloody awful West Ham team at home. Mupp. The way he's chatting you'd think he'd paid his managerial dues. Hope he gets it.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

He's a total bellend. I hope he gets the job so we get to see his 4-4-2 fail miserably every week and the little Englanders in the Sky Studio try to convince us how good he is.

So, Tim Sherwood. A bellend and shit at Norwich. A bellend with a crap haircut at Blackburn. A bellend and very ordinary at Tottenham.

And now he's displaying his neverending bellend qualities for the whole nation to see. He thinks - and has always thought - it's all about him. It's not.

The other leading clubs will be desperate for Spurs to truly out-do themselves, **** themselves over even more than usual, and appoint this bellend. If they do, he'll be the absolute epitome of the thick, arrogant, 4-4-2 every week, what do we have to learn from Johnny Foreigner Englishman. He has no conception of how to build a football club; no idea at all what it takes to succeed in a very, very tough league, in which his club has no margin for error, and cannot afford to let a bellend like him learn on the job.

Tim Sherwood. Bellend. Get him to **** Levy.

In his interview he says

"It's got to be good for Tottenham and it's got to be good for Tim Sherwood". :facepalm:

Says he's not interested in a short term contract. Only long term. Right then.

I hope he gets it, will be a really enjoyable hate figure.

By definition, no they're not (not always)

I'd suggest your Italian club could do with a long term project, Malky, rather than pissing around year after year, as they have almost every year since 2007 now.

All Scott's examples are correct - and clubs with the ambition which Tottenham have absolutely need to think long term. That's what Liverpool are doing under Rodgers: Souness destroyed decades upon decades of continuity there, and only now are they starting to recover.

It's also what Everton are doing under Martinez: the man who revolutionised Swansea, and left in place principles and foundations which have been built upon brilliantly by all his successors. I'm desperate for Martinez to be Roy Hodgson's eventual successor with England for this very reason: extraordinary what this man is capable of.

Success at the highest level of professional team sport requires both long term and short term thinking. That it's hard is precisely why it's only cut out for a few - and Sherwood the bellend isn't one of them.

All very good Shaun, short and succinct as always

However I was merely pointing out Scott's assertion that all projects by definition are long term was incorrect

Projects are as long as they need to be to meet the goals/objectives of the project

Did Fergie call it a "project"? Cringey , modern day shite terminology.

Did Fergie call it a "project"? Cringey , modern day shite terminology.

You think the word "project" is modern day terminology.

Wow.

Project:

The word project comes from the Latin word projectum from projicere, "to throw something forwards" which in turn comes from pro-, which denotes something that precedes the action of the next part of the word in time (paralleling the Greek ???) and jacere, "to throw". The word "project" thus actually originally meant "something that comes before anything else is done". When the word was initially adopted, it referred to a plan of something, not to the act of actually carrying this plan out. Something performed in accordance with a project was called an object. This use of "project" changed in the 1950s when several techniques for project management were introduced. With this advent the word slightly changed meaning to cover both projects and objects. However in certain projects there may still exist so called objects and object leaders, reflecting the older use of the words.

You think the word "project" is modern day terminology.

Wow.

Project:

The word project comes from the Latin word projectum from projicere, "to throw something forwards" which in turn comes from pro-, which denotes something that precedes the action of the next part of the word in time (paralleling the Greek ???) and jacere, "to throw". The word "project" thus actually originally meant "something that comes before anything else is done". When the word was initially adopted, it referred to a plan of something, not to the act of actually carrying this plan out. Something performed in accordance with a project was called an object. This use of "project" changed in the 1950s when several techniques for project management were introduced. With this advent the word slightly changed meaning to cover both projects and objects. However in certain projects there may still exist so called objects and object leaders, reflecting the older use of the words.

You really are easily excitable aren`t you? I think you knew what i meant.............wow.

You really are easily excitable aren`t you? I think you knew what i meant.............wow.

Please tell me what you meant.

Tbf, how many owners want a "project"? They want a quick fix to the top.

So yeah, every club needs a long term plan, but is saying they need results rather than a project really that bad a comment?

PS. Sherwood had amazing hair at Blackburn

kenny-dalglish-tim-sherwood-image-2-857853738-3274452.jpg

Archived